I can't get a fucking job in this shithole as an engineer and now the economy is about to crash...

I can't get a fucking job in this shithole as an engineer and now the economy is about to crash, which country can I move to where I won't be useless.

>canada
>this post

you must be very autistic to be jobless in canada

USA

Do you have any kind of past experience?
Do you have any kind of project you could show off?

I am working on some big projects, I'm hoping I can leverage it for something.

But economic indicators in Canada are all pointing to a recession and it scares me.

How does your CV look like, is it "clean, well formatted, short and consistent"?

Yup, I've had it looked over by dozens of people.

Alright, well not gonna say it's easy to get a job but it's easy to get an interview. So how many have you been to?

5 in 2 years, I freeze and panic in each of them. I've been to a psychologist and I'm not doing that anymore, but now I'm not getting any interviews because of the gap.

>5 in 2 years
Yeah that's not many at all.
>I freeze and panic in each of them. I've been to a psychologist and I'm not doing that anymore
Good to hear that.
>but now I'm not getting any interviews because of the gap
Not sure what to say here.
I have a much worse gap and there is less jobs here available but I still managed to get interviews and land finally a job after 1.5years of searching.
I suggest you make a new CV with random "volunteer" jobs and stuff. Ask friends or family to be "references" during questionings and lastly.
Try to apply to none-engineer jobs. Like myself I got a degree in material engineering but couldn't land any proper jobs because I didn't have experience. Many of my friends and classmates were doing internships and summerjobs at various companies while I did not(my fault and should have done it).
So I had to search for lesser jobs. I landed on a simple "administration job". Making phonecalls, setting up meetings for various companies using our services and so on. Later on I got appointed to work as a "new" manager taking care of the meetings.

After doing that for a time, I got the chance to land a new job via Linkedin to a company and work as a "boss" for a group of engineers within my field :-)

Took me long time man and I still have that rotten 4 years gap in my CV.

Thanks for the encouragement man, I'm going to try that lateral move strategy.

No problem man, just don't give up.
It's easy to say this but I know it will take time and you will feel helpless since you basically have no control of what is going on.
Just apply to many jobs you find interesting or can do or have potential to do. Don't care too much about high salary until you gained a bit experience and move up. Also don't forget about Linkedin and "volunteer" stuff. They work great.

Actually, I do technically own a company that I've been using to pump out random projects since I was 18.

Maybe I'll list that as work experience.

Do that, man you got more than I ever had when I left uni and got my bad +4 year gap.

what province are you in?

Just cross the border

BC.
If someone gives me a visa I will.

I'm guessing the job problem is probably because of the oil prices. the same shit is also happening in alberta too.
try moving to ontario or even maybe to the US?

>economy is about to crash
heckin how? elaborate boi

Housing bubble is beginning to decline which is what is propping up the current economy.
Yeah I'll go to the US if I can.

Isn't it easy to get a visa if you're from one of those anglo country?

Try whoring yourself out for that big moose cock, maybe they'll accept as one of their own.
And you'd be able to make an unholy abomination, the mooseman.
A

The chinese stopped buying house?

Not for the states, the system was rigged by a bunch of greedy people to encourage third world immigration to drive down wages.

Well, That's bad.
And Both Australia and UK seem to be messed up in terms of Economy so just stay there and fill your empty gitgub repository up with soem fancy python project, commit tons of shitty code to major open source github project and claim yourself an independent, indie programmer.

If you didn't major CS then good luck

Haha I majored mechatronics.

Ideally I actually kind of want to work outside the anglosphere, but that doesn't look like it'll happen soon.

>soem
*some

Shit

Assuming you can only speak English(or cringe French as well), Try Hongkong, Singapore or the EU.

>CV
>Not Resumé

>can't make it in canada
>thinks he can make it anywhere

>10 Karma points have been added to your reddit account

Canada has like 3% unemployment ffs

Around 6%. OP is exaggerating, but there really aren't any clear prospects for solid economic growth. Oil boom is kinda tapped out and lumber is being targeted by the Americans. Tech has generally been in decline since the late oughts; it seems to have risen again recently, but I'm not counting on it.

Do you think I should focus on moving to the states?

>Anime picture
>spergs out during interviews
>went to a psych

Just stay the duck away from me that’s all I know for sure ayyy

Its perhaps the same in Australia. We had a shortage of Engineers now we have heaps. idk about Canada but teachers have become the in demand vocation. You can get short tacked and switch in like a year and a half I think

Not in my neck of the woods. In Vancouver, I guess there's only so much house to buy.

Don't take my advice. I'm a humanities major and I'm planning to push through with it. I'm only posting under this flag because my ISP routes traffic to there.

That said, if you are a misfit here, you will be a misfit everywhere else. If you really want a change of scenery, try moving elsewhere in the country.

Guess I'll just keep running with it, thanks guys.