This so much better than GOT what the fuck

This so much better than GOT what the fuck

Well, not really. Game of Thrones has a lot more badass women, like the Dornish snakes, Cersei, Dany, Sansa, Arya, etc. and is also a little more realistic (battles, ships, castles etc)

For a while there HBO produced nothing but TV kino. Now they just want the normie audience

HBO used to make The Sopranos

BBC made Rome

laughing out loud

It's still just schlock, the only genuinely good HBO show was The Sopranos.

Pretty much the show that GRRM thought showed that HBO would make a good adaptation.

>you'll never be forced to pleasure Cleopatra

The same BBC that is making Trojan Kangz?

>what is Deadwood

Sopranos is extremely overrated

>swearing cowboys and ultraviolence
"no"
pleb

>Game of Thrones has a lot more badass women

John Milius bowed no-one.

>Badass women

Spartacus is better

>badass women

Spartacus tried too hard to emulate Rome and it looks really blatant and unimaginative if you've seen the latter first.

Should be more historic series imo

what a fucking nerd.

Yes that BBC. It was a joint american-british-italian venture before the BBC had quotas

Rome was ruined by those two moronic soldiers and their boring storylines. fuck those two.

Deadwood is amazing. You shut your mouth.

>Rome
>Deadwood
>Sopranos
>The Wire
>Three seasons of Game of Thrones
What happened to HBO in 2013 that made them suddenly go from kino to trash?

Sjw culture

If you pick Rome over GoT you're a pleb. GoT has better writing, better acting and better story. I've only seen one episode of Rome and it was shit. I had to turn it off after 20 minutes. This is like those fags who like Firefly even tho that's shit too and it was cancelled for a reason. Both shows were. If it was good like GoT it wouldn't have been cancelled now would it? I can't believe I share a board with such plebs

Firefly really is some reddit trash though. I was mad as fuck when I got hoaxed into watching that garbage.

"The quotas, goy"

Spartacus is the dudebro version of Rome, on steroids.

this

>can't defend your show
>better post some stupid picture
are all Rome fans simple minded idiots?

Attention

Lucius and Titus had probably the best on screen bromance of all time. How Titus keeps fucking up and making mistakes, how Lucius keeps trying to help him and sort him out even thought he doesn't believe in doing so as is trying to do what should be right and what he thinks is right. Their adventures, running into the fucking eagle, being shipwrecked then running into fucking Pompei, it was wonderful experience watching the show, also I love the way armors make noise in the show, rubbing leathers etc

that's what I thought. You can't defend it so you resort to this. Pathetic

Americans absolutely cannot stand history, anything actually documentary is avoided like the plague.

>all those memes
The only good HBO shows are OZ, Carnivale, Rome, Deadwood, and the Leftovers.

I'M A SON OF HADES
I FUCK CONCORD IN HER ASS

They can enjoy it if you add lion noises, gunfire and explosion sound effects to battle scenes though.

slay

titus and lucius is the best bromance to ever be put on screen

>lion noises

Holy fuck this. I put on an american bug documentary and the spiders had lion roars playing when they attacked another bug. Pathetic,

That's because thinking about history reminds them that they are all just filthy immigrants in a foreign country. Remembering their own history means admitting they are all just the children of europeans who couldn't make it in the old world.

But the BBC stopped funding it because it was too expensive. Clearly Anglos are history averse.

>hates americans for not liking documentaries
Why aren't you bitching about the filthy muslims or niggers in Africa fucking everything up? By your logic they're much worse.

pleb begone

nah you just have shit taste like 99% of redditors here

Can you explain how you go from americans making shitty documentaries to niggers in africa? I mean I agree with you that they are worse. I just don't see how one thing has anything to do with the other.

>SJW culture
>Six Feet Under started in 2001.

>not including the Sopranos
You look lonely. Have a (You)

GAme of thrones is what rome would be if it had continued for more than two seasons.

This guy gets it.

THIRTEEN

Nah, we would've had a whole host of based characters coming in as they covered the I Claudius period, if anything it would've gotten better and better.
GoT suffers from the source material being garbage, not the case with history.

Cicero>Stannis
prove me wrong fagGOTs

That was pre-sjw era

It was the weimar to Nazism

>so much better than GOT

such great heights

T. Faggot

They're pretty much the same fucking show

TRVE ROMAN BREAD FOR TRVE ROMANS

got is for numale millennial cucks

Gonna have to stop you right there my man

It's entry level gangster shit with some pop psychology thrown in. Sopranos is a step below all the other "great" HBO shows.

>i love to feel like a unique individual
(you)

Since when is popularity a reflection of artistic value?
> GoT has better writing, better acting and better story
Watch the whole season before you get judgemental about it

S4 GoT was just as good but it just lived long enough to see itself become tge villain where is Rome got to die the hero that early era HBO needed

>hate Game of Thrones
>hate Vikings
>love Rome
>it's too expensive to reproduce the glory of Rome that was made with marble and stone around 3 continents, so here are 1600 episodes about snowniggers in mud-huts and lowlifes plebs fighting each other in a shit copy of Lord of the Rings
Fuck this shit.

Absolutely diamonds during this scene. I want to fuck Gaia all night

She'd break you desu fampai

She can try and I'd love every moment of it

Best, cheekiest couple coming through

No way tgere would have been a dissapointing teutoberg forest episode... vorenus would bang some hot germanic girl even tho its out of character, then they would get back and Augustus would have changed actors for an old man and it would be about hom fighting the senate and going crazy due to old age

The fact that Augustus and Livia would get recast is a good thing not a bad thing. The story should've just kept going, following Vorenus' kids etc.

>worshipping dogs and reptiles in vile nilotic rites

Fuck you Antony

FELLOW CITIZENS OF THE AVENTINE

>Vorenus telling her she can fuck off after Anthony died

GO BACK TO GAUL GINGER KNOB

>tfw you got banned from the agora due to anti-semitic comments

Why not both?

rome was character assasination the TV show.

Cato was not a warmongering old fool, Cicero was not a spinless two faced cretin, Augustus did not fuck his sister. Atia was not cersei fucking lannister

How do you know, were you there?

BLACKENS HIS EYES WITH SOOT

I love how they managed to add Jewish characters in a show about Rome

Cicero was the only portrayal that really bothered me in s1 but he really recovered in s2

I thought Cicero was fair. You have to remember what a complete brute Mark Anthony really was.

What bothered you about Cicero? I've read quite a lot about him and I thought their depiction of him, historical inaccuracies on some of the specifics aside, was absolutely brilliant. It really does portray him as the man caught between two worlds that he was. He was from a relatively low background, but had worked his way up to the highest circles of the Republic as a phenomenal orator, beaten Catiline and become de facto moderate leader in the senate. Everything he does in the show is governed less by any real love for the nobility, of which he is not truly part as a 'novus homo', but for a desire for stability.

ISSA FLOP

>muh popularity
Who let the plebs in?

Yeah I thought they showed how fragile Cicero's position was pretty well, and like you said it was built on his ability as an orator which was of basically no use in an era of Pompeys and Caesars.

>badass women

you didn't even try. here's your (you) anyway.

his face is so aesthetic holy shit he looks like a statue when the light hits his face properly in the show

THIR
E
E
N

>average Sup Forums poster in successor kingdoms

You are right there were no major events amongst the jewish in that time period.

>average Sup Forums poster
>doesn't want to have sex with his sister

Can some /his/torian explain why cato and pompey wanted to oust Caesar at the start of the series?

It seemed like Caesar did nothing wrong yet they labeled him a criminal for no reason, leading caesar to actually take over rome

Rome had very recently had tyrants take over and declare themselves dictator. They rightly saw Caesar as an even more dangerous new example.
He wasn't even meant to be in Gaul conquering it, that in itself was a dangerous powergrab, his huge success culminating in leading a ridiculously loyal army back into Italy was a crisis to all his political enemies (like Cato). Pompey was just the establishment man, the greatest living general and so the responsibility fell upon him to sort Caesar out, but before the events of the show they were friends.

No it's not.