Scott Snyder SAYS IN COMB w Harper Row and Duke is is better than Damian and should be robin..but DC says No...

Scott Snyder SAYS IN COMB w Harper Row and Duke is is better than Damian and should be robin..but DC says No ,,that makes him mad.
comicsbeat.com/building-a...o-global-hero/.

u: Was there ever a shift in Harper’s role in the DCU overtime? When she was introduced it seemed like she was going to be the next Robin.

Snyder: Yeah, there are always shifts. When you get to the point when you are working on the main book and you create a character, there are different pushes and pulls from editorial and from higher up and all over the place that say: “do you know where this person should land? Do you know what we should do because it would sell comics? Do you know what we should do because it would be the right decision to sell the character over time?”

You get all sort of different suggestions and the hard thing is that some things are very tempting that would be wrong for the character, while other things are tougher that are right for the character. For me, I thought maybe Harper would be Robin in a couple of moments, but with Damian coming back the way he was, it felt like it would be too on top of each other and too overlapping– it’s one of the reasons why, as much as I would love for him to be Robin next to Batman in costume,

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/building-all-star-batman-pt-2-how-scott-snyder-transformed-batman-from-urban-terror-to-global-hero/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Scott Snyder
“this character was made to be Robin and now that door is shut”, she was meant to be an organic figure of Gotham that would give more a lens to the city. As different opportunities started to pop up, occasionally there are things that make you think: that you would be really cool and the next day you realize that doesn’t feel right.

if you can't write Batman's most important supporting character, and insult said character and push your OC, he really shouldn't be writing Batman at all.

He basically Duke is better than Robin, and Robin is family to Batman.

Essentially saying that Duke is better than family.

>Posters: 1
>that grammar
>that link
>that everything
Every time

Never change Damifag

>Every time
>Never chang Snyderfag .

he is a harper fanboy..
He is a oc Snyderfag .

Yeah. OP is terrible.
comicsbeat.com/building-all-star-batman-pt-2-how-scott-snyder-transformed-batman-from-urban-terror-to-global-hero/

I know you now..you're the only Snyderfag .on 4 chan.

>Yeah. OP is terrible.
>comicsbeat.com/building-all-star-batman-pt-2-how-scott-snyder-transformed-batman-from-urban-terror-to-global-hero/
you talk to yourself?

Snyder I HATE YOU :)

Do you really think you're actually arguing with one person on the internet?

>Yeah. OP is terrible.
come from the basement of your mother---I know you're 49 and have no girlfriend..

Doing this to prove a point...

>no girlfriend
you live is sad, you need a girlfriend
Doing this to prove a point...
no girlfriend

Blow me.
And Snyder's mediocrity has nothing to do with OP's shittiess. Or yours.

>Snyderfag . you're in love with him ?
you're his only fan .

Snyderfags are the justin bieber fans of dc.they are all over 40 and have no girlfriend,,

HE WRITES ALWAYS THE SAME SHIT..I will be more post then you recognize him..

Snyderfag hate dick and damian and loves harper and duke.

I really enjoy Snyder but think he should stick to writing on main character at a time with limited support (Alfred doesn't count). If you look at all of Snyder's books, he doesn't a decent job nailing the main character (maybe not so much in All-Star Batman), his side characters always leave to be desired.

Snyder issue. Duke could be the best character ever and it wouldn't matter. Snyder wants his own "Robin" just as popular as Damian. He tried Harper (who according to many was eventually slated to be Robin) and she was too unpopular, now he's trying Duke - and Bruce's speeches about it couldn't be more META if he tried: "I'm trying something different. Robin, only better"

>couldn't be more META if he tried: "I'm trying something different. Robin, only better"
You're not wrong. Maybe I'm only willing to put up with Duke as of now because I didn't even bother to read the Robin War titles and my only remeberance of Duke was Zero Year and Joker Endgame. STill enjoy him more than Harper.

I think he can Write damians dad...if you read the old comics.then you know what I mean..

Snyder is totally setting up (or trying to set up) Duke as a new Robin, except he's not called Robin. That comment was literally just Snyder being butthurt that barely anyone likes Duke or even wants him around.

Who let the Damianfag out?

Anyway that article was definitely very interesting, and it shows that Snyder really, really wanted Duke to be Robin.

>I was definitely up for Duke being an official Robin for a while, but there was a lot invested into Damian being Robin in the Teen Titans. All of that kind of stuff was already in the mechanics of the line, so it was a hard argument to make.

I'm actually surprised that it escalted this far. That only Teen Titans and their legacy prevented Damian loosing the Robin mantle.

>There’s a part of me that feels like he would be just another character that steps up to be a Robin in the mantle who will always feel secondary to Damian leading the Teen Titans; to a Robin that has been established over ten years.

Good that you have some realism in you, Scott, because that is the truth even now.

Pretty much this. Robin, Batgirl, Spoiler, Lark, whatever you want to call them they're all the same basic thing to Batman. This just came off as Snyder specifically focusing on the Robin name because he was angry over Duke not being able to take it on.

you need a girlfriend not a comic--

>Good that you have some realism in you, Scott, because that is the truth even now.
sucks his dick ?

YOU ARE THE SAME PERSON:you say that on CBC-.you say that on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will defeat racist Scott Snyder only for damian..I'm will make a twitter and ask people to help me.when you're here, Scott Snyder You are a coward!

What the fuck is happening in this thread?

>and it shows that Snyder really, really wanted Duke to be Robin.
Same reason Bendis created Riri instead of using whoever is Rhodey's niece. Royalties.
Autism.

A crazy fuck with no life and poor English has a nervous breakdown.

>Snyder Batman is Donald Trump ..

Scott Snyder my parents are rich you loser.my grandpa is very rich....

>you need a girlfriend not a comic--

But Gotham Girl is going to be depowered and become Robin

So Synder does seem to have a vendetta against Damian, thank god Gleason was around to give Damian staying power.

Snyder's whole excuse about not wanting to write Damian because he has a son too close to the same age was always garbage too. He just wanted to create his own Robin and wasn't a fan of the character. Though I guess it worked out as Gleason did some great work with the character.

Someone suggested that it is jealousy and after this artice and the attack on Robin ASB, I'm inclined to believe him.

Snyder hates Damian because Morrison was able to things that he can only dream about. Morrison wrote a highly successful run and left a reminder of that in the character of Damian.

I think Snyder was also ambivalent towards Damian when the plan was to kill him, but he has not used him (or referenced to him) once after the resurrection.

So mOrrison should have been shit canned?

>it's a Damifag episode

Huehuehue I've missed these

I really hope you kill yourself Damifag.

>He basically Duke is better than Robin, and Robin is family to Batman.
>Essentially saying that Duke is better than family.
Autism Speaks.

>Same reason Bendis created Riri instead of using whoever is Rhodey's niece. Royalties.
....I could be mistaken about how the system works nowadays, but I was.... fairly 100% certain that writers never receive ANY royalties for characters created for the Big Two, as they know going in that everything they do is owned by a huge parent company? Like, McFarlane can claim ownership over Venetian Gondoleer Spawn, but not Venom.

The fixed Duke's helmet?

But Grant Morrison did just that to Tim Drake, who was Robin at the time, when he introduced Damian Wayne.

I missed based Tim in Nu52.

I'm so glad he's back in Rebirth, but I hear he's going away again

Suck A Bag Of Dicks..

Scott Snyder fans Being 39 and Living With Your Parents Is Lame .

Read the whole run Morrison treats Tim a lot better than Snyder does Damian. Hell his scene in Return of Bruce Wayne shows that. He set up Damian as Dick's Robin and with that dynamic he worked.

Snyder fanboys are even worse than Batman fanboys .

He treated Tim horribly in "Batman and Son", m8, then Tim went to do nothing in "R.I.P.", and next you know Damian Wayne is the new Robin.

Scott Snyder at least just doesn't use Damian Wayne and the few times he did, he wrote the character well.

I think the only arc where Tim did anything under Morrison was with the Batmen of All Nations arc.

Are the Snyderfags still defending Snyderisms ?

. Snyder is coming across as increasingly desperate now.

>Same reason Bendis created Riri instead of using whoever is Rhodey's niece.
I would bet you actual money that Bendis had no idea that Lila Rhodes existed when he came up with Riri.

it's still a typical Snyderissm, everything we know was wrong and everything blah,blah, an overused trope at this point.

The push for Duke seems underwhelming.Robin, Batgirl, Spoiler, Lark, whatever you want to call them they're all the same basic thing to Batman. This just came off as Snyder specifically focusing on the Robin name because he was angry over Duke not being able to take it on.

>Tim went to do nothing in "R.I.P."

Wasn't Tim the one who found Batman lost in time? Or am I confusing the Batman's two deaths here.

Also Red Robin was great

Yea but Red Robin was written by Yost and Fabian.

Really other than Dick and Damien Morrison shat on the rest of the Batfamily so that he could focus on Minoriteam.

Yup.

Remember that at the time Dick was going to marry Barbara, Tim was being helped by Bruce to deal with his issues and Cass was in the whole "maybe-we-can-fix-her".

Then R.I.P and Final Crisis happened with Bruce "dying" and all of that was thrown out the window.

Dick became Batman meaning that the whole marriage thing with Barbara had to be dropped, Tim lost his title as Robin meaning that other writers had to figure what to do with him and without Bruce around people didn't knew what to do with Cass so decided to finally drop her.

Tim also took part in Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul and the Return of Bruce Wayne. He was maligned yes, but not near the same magnitude as Damian during Snyder's run.

>He was maligned yes, but not near the same magnitude as Damian during Snyder's run.

How the fuck was Damian maligned during Snyder's run?

Damian was a major focus in various comics - Batman Inc, Batman and Robin, Damian mourning issues -, and the few times that Snyder wrote the character he wrote Damian well. He never had Damian behaving like a little shit or other characters shitting on him.

The only thing Snyder can be accused of is of not paying the character much attention. That's it. The dude even conceived that making Harper or Duke Robin as a replacement to Damian was a bad call.

>The only thing Snyder can be accused of is of not paying the character much attention.

In Damifag's eyes, this is the equivalent of poisoning the water supply, burning everyone's crops, and delivering a plague unto every household.

Tim shows up for three pages in Trturn during the final chapter where's he's lumped in with Wonder Woman and the rest of the League

He is in Ressurrection but that was co-written with Dini, Milligan, and Fabian.

So it leaves you to wonder in Tim in that book because Dini and Fabian like him.

Morrison himself jettisoned Cass and Tim into the void faster than you can say Damien Wayne.

Atleast Scott Snyder had the excuse that Morrison told everybody at the start of the Nu52 that Damien was a walking corpse, but Snyder still included him in Court of the Owls and Death of the Family, when he could have just said that his run was post Batman Inc and didn't need to.

Snyder also included Damian in Batman first issue and in the special after Damian's death where Batman was grief ridden.

I actually think that Snyder wrote Bruce's grief way better than Tomasi. Tomasi had Bruce acting like a fucking lunatic when Snyder wrote Bruce as a father who had lost his son and felt hurt about all the father-son time they had now lost.

None of those were written by Synder, except for the one mourning issue.

Some people just don't like that Damian wasn't relevant at all and if you removed him from the few scenes he had nothing would have changed.

What are you talking about?
Tomasi was just showing the 5 stages of grief, some issues like the beginning and the end were the best issues of the run, especially the silent as well as dream issues.

For Synder I can only recall that clayface story.

>Some people just don't like that Damian wasn't relevant at all

Why should Damian be relevant in BATMAN when he isn't the focus of the stories had he had at the time two major ongoing focusing entirely on him and his dynamic with Batman?

For example when Tony Daniel was writing BATMAN after "R.I.P." Daniel focused only on Dick as Batman. You hardly would see Damian in it.

No, it's just a flaw.

The whole reason Snyder's trying to push his characters is because DC rewrote the rules regarding original characters. He wants his to last so he can get more money from merch (and a 'modern' girl and a black guy are likely to sell).

Tomasi wrote Bruce as a fucking lunatic that was acting as a major asshole to the whole BatFamily, to the point of being completely out of character, and then on top of that he was even trying to bring Damian from the grave, something that Batman would have never done before. He was always against that.

That whole arc was bullshit. Ra's wanting to resurrect Damian and Bruce trying to stop him? That makes sense. Bruce dissecting Frankenstein to learn how to brin Damian back? That's a major bullshit and not Batman.

Merch and adaptations, senpai.

What the fuck is this thread

people too obsessed with minor Batman characters that don't actually matter

Really? I don't recall much of post RIP before Bruce came back, I was mainly reading Red Robin and B&R.

People just want one team up story or something.

That's why he doesn't call him Robin.

Because legacy characters, even if they're original, only pay out to the original licensee (and DC owns robin).

>He was always against that.
He never had a real son. The writing was very good, it depicted the five stages of grief.

>Bruce dissecting Frankenstein to learn how to brin Damian back? That's a major bullshit and not Batman.
It was painless, with Frankenstein being a walking corpse, and he was going to put him back together when he was done.

Well, yes. I read "Batman" for Batman, not for Robin.

>Well, yes. I read "Batman" for Batman, not for Robin.
Pussy.

>He never had a real son. The writing was very good, it depicted the five stages of grief.
Yup.

Do you have source for this? Hickman seemed to imply something comepletly different in his tweets:

>He never had a real son.

A bastard son that he hardly knew. What had been that? Just a few months of troublesome interaction?
He was always against raising people from the dead. Jason, who he had adopted from the go and loved as a son, was never resurrected and there were issues with him being against that idea.
He always turned down the opportunities to bring his dead parents back. He even found disgusted with the idea.

>The writing was very good, it depicted the five stages of grief.

I found the writing awful. It had Bruce acting out of character and shat all over the Bat-Family. The writing was also too over the top and melodramatic.

>It was painless, with Frankenstein being a walking corpse, and he was going to put him back together when he was done.

Just the very idea and act of it was abhorrent. Him treating Red Robin like shit was the cherry on the shit cake.

Those were all good things. Tim and Cass suck. That's why they are always put in the worst Bat books.

>A bastard son that he hardly knew. What had been that? Just a few months of troublesome interaction?
>He was always against raising people from the dead. Jason, who he had adopted from the go and loved as a son, was never resurrected and there were issues with him being against that idea.
>He always turned down the opportunities to bring his dead parents back. He even found disgusted with the idea.
OH Jason..Nobody Loves You :D

No, Tim got upgraded to Red Robin. Red Hood, Nightwing and Red Hood. All robins need to get their own identity before they can be Batman

>He was always against raising people from the dead. Jason, who he had adopted from the go and loved as a son
He's Adopted -

Yes.
Tony S. Daniel was writing BATMAN with Dick being major focus.
Greg Ruck was writing DETECTIVE COMICS with Kate and later Renee being major focus.
Grant Morrison was writing BATMAN AND ROBIN with Dick and Damian being major focus.
Paul Dini was writing BATMAN: STREETS OF GOTHAM with Dick and Damian being major focus.

The only odd one was BATMAN: STREETS OF GOTHAM. The BATMAN comic always focus entirely on the Batman character. It has always been like that. Robin(s) usually show up in DETECTIVE COMICS or in their own ongoing.

What are you talking about? Damian died a most violet and unnatural death by his own mother, and he didn't want everyone to suffer again after what happened to Jason.

Besides, he was in a bad place. Along with Damian dying he had to see Talia getting killed by Kathy Kane, Knight dying, Batman Inc dissolving, the bat family was still estranged, He had no other sons/daughter thanks to N52.

Jason is not his own Son..

Tim being upgraded had nothing to do with Morrison's efforts. It was something that the editors and other writers had to do to give Tim something, because Morrison was at the time pushing for his OC to be new Robin.

Would you be okay with Damian becoming Redwing for Duke to become the new Robin permanently? Because that would be akin to what Morrison did.

>He had no other sons/daughter thanks to N52.
Yup.

The main reason being that Damian was his only son in the N52, what with Dick being more a friend, Jason estranged and Tim being TINO.

I'm not too sure, has Bruce called Jason his son again? Their relationship is too weird for me to decipher.

>I'm not too sure, has Bruce called Jason his son again?
No.

Yeah I was reading everything except the main Batman title.

There was no justification for Tomasi shitty fucking arc. I found the arc badly written and the characters in it, specially Bruce, written of out of character. I'll not change my opinion on it.

>Damian died a most violet and unnatural death by his own mother

Like Jason, then?

Either way, this discussion is over.

Redwing was a dope costume. But Damian is gonna stay Robin for a while because of his adaptation potential. If we ever get a new Robin in the movies it will be him.

Snyder didn't write that.

Oh Jasonfag..by

I love this sentence. Reminds me of those Russian anons from /news/.

I never said that the writing was excllwnt, I'm just giving you some reasons.
N52 Batman wasn't the same as before, everyone makes mistakes.

His sales across comics and animated movies is enough to keep him around.

He has taken the name Robin to new heights, expanding on Dick and Tim,