NSA afiliated Equation Group hacked and their tools stolen

One of the most advanced tools for hacking firewalls are now for bidding. Some of them are given for free to confirm they are legit.

Article here: motherboard.vice.com/read/hackers-hack-nsa-linked-equation-group

Me_ga https //mega dot nz/#!zEAU1AQL!oWJ63n-D6lCuCQ4AY0Cv_405hX8kn7MEsa1iLH5UjKU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XpYTE8-PlZA
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Yu3Gourol1kJ:https://github.com/theshadowbrokers/EQGRP-AUCTION
asciinema.org/a/72dry36qqo8o97kma1gs4e6jj
youtube.com/watch?v=n7UVyVSDSxY
twitter.com/botherder/status/765174517803151360
twitter.com/x0rz/status/765286284495585280
wired.com/2016/08/hackers-claim-auction-data-stolen-nsa-linked-spies/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Empty your bank accounts and buy gold!

The group behind the attack, "The Shadow Brokers" first posted on github their annaucment, but gh has taken their post down.

bump
more people need to see this

this isn't a good thing, at all.
this is very bad.

This is an incredible feat. Hacking NSAs shit... I almost can't believe it. Is it a bit of reverse psychology? Releasing outdated tools?

Zero days - Security leaks for sale (2015)
youtube.com/watch?v=XpYTE8-PlZA

bump

Once again, the NSA will publicly appeal for a greater erosion of your privacy and civil rights in the name of security.

CAN I hack the internet mainframe with that?

All that is secret shall be revealed.

1/10

google cached it
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Yu3Gourol1kJ:https://github.com/theshadowbrokers/EQGRP-AUCTION

Normies will never understand how big this is and could be.

>normies
not even Sup Forums seems interested let alone Sup Forums

Here is the small video of one of the exploits in action: asciinema.org/a/72dry36qqo8o97kma1gs4e6jj

Pic related shows how exploits supported most of the CPUs architecture.

>If it was successfully hacked, it would be a highly significant cybersecurity incident. But the facts are still far from clear, and some believe Shadow Brokers' claims may be politically motivated — and are pointing at Russia as a potential culprit.
is there anything that Russia isn't blamed for doing

why not spice it up and blame china occasionally?

haha yeah this is bad

this ... this is really, really bad.

holy shit

and no one is going to bat an eye over this for more than a day

holy shit

brb emptying my bank account

what does this mean? I'm computer illiterate when it comes to coding or "hacking"

bump
Stuxnet decoder Ralph Langner speaks about Stuxnet
youtube.com/watch?v=n7UVyVSDSxY

Closing Remarks
- --------------------------------------------------

!!! Attention Wealthy Elites !!!

We have final message for "Wealthy Elites". We know what is wealthy but what is Elites? Elites is making laws protect self and friends, lie and fuck other peoples. Elites is breaking laws, regular peoples go to jail, life ruin, family ruin, but not Elites. Elites is breaking laws, many peoples know Elites guilty, Elites call top friends at law enforcement and government agencies, offer bribes, make promise future handjobs, (but no blowjobs). Elites top friends announce, no law broken, no crime commit. Reporters (not call journalist) make living say write only nice things about Elites, convince dumb cattle, is just politics, everything is awesome, check out our ads and our prostitutes. Then Elites runs for president. Why run for president when already control country like dictatorship? What this have do with fun Cyber Weapons Auction? We want make sure Wealthy Elite recognizes the danger cyber weapons, this message, our auction, poses to their wealth and control. Let us spell out for Elites. Your wealth and control depends on electronic data. You see what "Equation Group" can do. You see what cryptolockers and stuxnet can do. You see free files we give for free. You see attacks on banks and SWIFT in news. Maybe there is Equation Group version of cryptolocker+stuxnet for banks and financial systems? If Equation Group lose control of cyber weapons, who else lose or find cyber weapons? If electronic data go bye bye where leave Wealthy Elites? Maybe with dumb cattle? "Do you feel in charge?" Wealthy Elites, you send bitcoins, you bid in auction, maybe big advantage for you?

bitmessage = BM-NBvAHfp5Y6wBykgbirVLndZtEFCYGht8
i2p-bote = o1uHOkOcMoFEa7O7dbEilzfMvWzo7bDu~td3x9gYz4b4t5OriJ7U6GUWr5GZoWxQ9f2TrIY5RzhpIMVP6hTLXZ

END MESSAGE

Cool tools

It is possible that something was happening we couldnt see, after the DNC leak. NSA was probably bricking Guccifer2 malware servers and that was making them/him mad. Now Guccifer2 returned fire. GU and NSA will swing punched one at another until one of them crosses the line. It wont stip with this leak, thats for sure.

Someone explain what this means to an idiot please

I'm an idiot, too, but evidently some hackers hired by NSA created/had cyberweapons that were leaked by a group named "The Shadow Brokers" and are now being auctioned to the highest bidder for BTC.

It means that, if real, the NSA is shitting bricks because these tools are going to be spread around no matter what.

total breakdown of modern civilization, due to a single valve closing

underrated post as usual

Hackers and Scammers online now have access to NSA Hacking Tools like spying and breaking easily through firewalls and private info

but what do these tools do?

Pfft I bet nothing happens...

Firewalls useless this tool can be used to hack anything

Well you can download the free part of the tools on your Linux machine and use it to bypass firewall on Cisco routers and plant
malware in whatever you are hacking into. NSA has one of the most advanced tools because most of the US manufacturers of IT
equipment are not allowed to patch exploits found by NSA until NSA finds another way in.

Spying on you through webcam, listening to your phone calls, accessing your credit card and other private information. Easier to find where you live and your IP Adress

beyond total breakdown of modern civilization? they let you order pizza for strangers

are you talking about cyberweapons in general or this specific cyberweapon(s) that are being sold by this group?

far out

bump
more people need to see this

MORE TRANSPARENCY IN YOUR GOVERNMENT

This is what happens when you go with the lowest bidder

English is certainly not their first language.

but can i break into my neighbors wifi, thats all i really care about

honestly if i wanted to "hack" someone's computer id really rather just glass the guy repeatedly until he tells me his passwords

The security firm Kaspersky Lab unmasked Equation Group in 2015, billing it as the most advanced hacking group Kaspersky researchers had ever seen. While Kaspersky Lab stopped short of saying it’s the NSA, its researchers laid out extensive evidence pointing to the American spy agency, including a long series of codenames used by the Equation Group and found in top secret NSA documents released by Edward Snowden. The Equation Group, according to Kaspersky Lab, targeted the same victims as the group behind Stuxnet, which is widely believed to have been a joint US-Israeli operation targeting Iran’s nuclear program, and also used two of the same zero-day exploits.

Potential false flag warning:!
"Hackers caused the economic collapse, not us" - Keep it in the back of your head.

BTC course would have been rocketed, if someone had exchanged $500M.

This is hoax. There is nothing.

NSA is still safe and we are ok.

Captcha?

twitter.com/botherder/status/765174517803151360

watch the "free tools" actually just be a shitload of trojans and decade-old actual tools

I wish I was some farmer in 1800 New England. I fucking hate this shit.

>farmer in 1800 Anno Domini

no, no you don't.

Good. Crush the fucking nsa.

sharpie in the pooper or gtfo

capped

"a compromise of a LP"
IDK. I do know that Stuxnet being in the wild scared the shit out of people, as it targeted PLCs.
If some non-state actor has NSA's tools, it's bad.
I used to sell industrial controls, now I'm unemployable.

do you like water, and food, and explosion free natural gas?
How do you feel about the china syndrome happening in your backyard, upwind?

JUST
FUCK
THE ENTIRE GLOBAL ECONOMY
UP

>Create backdoors in nearly every form of mainstream software out there for easy fed access
>"Oh fug now the hackers have access to them :DDDD"

Brilliant
Bet they never saw this one coming

Can I use the free tools available to hack into a personal computer? Asking for a friend who's not me

twitter.com/x0rz/status/765286284495585280

Brazil: always leading by example. Good work, favelaboi.

you need to prepare your friends computer by deleting system32 and that's pretty much it.

This. False flag written all over it.

I'm more interested in the source code.

russia

TCP was a mistake from the beginning.

cyberpunk as FUARK

But isn't the purpose of the "free" code, to prove they were there? and they want one million bitcoin for the rest?
Like a proof of life thing?
anywho, thanks for links, filling my bathtubs and pickling my dog as we speak.

This is not good.

language/sentiment analysis is a thing, there is tools to hide you're speach

>"Hackers caused the economic collapse, not us" - Keep it in the back of your head.

Pretty much this, the goyim wouldnt buy into windows 10 so now windows XP needs to be made vulnerable, to force them into upgrading.

Wont work, Ill learn Linux.

Probably because its bullshit

Not if I'm trying to plant CP on her computer

lay it out for a brick laying layman please
what does onion matter. layers?

Prime opportunity here boys someone could get some of those tools to fuck up both Soros and the Rothschild in one sweep.

The entire global economy isn't even close to what passes through the stock exchange, and if a tool is able to hack government systems you can bet they can hack both banks and stock exchanges of the entire world. We're talking about the biggest possible happening of the whole history.

>Bananaglee
>Epicbanana
Uh-oh.

Can we get a serious evaluation of the tools that this group has access to now? I want a happening, but what kind of ramifications are we talking here?

>implying spellczech matters among us

>The dumped files mostly contain installation scripts, configurations for command and control servers, and exploits targeted to specific routers and firewalls. The names of some of the tools correspond with names used in Snowden documents, such as “BANANAGLEE” or “EPICBANANA.”
Banana was a government OP?

Oh shit, did the clock crew return?

Brazilian pool hacks confirmed. This is only the beginning.

>a fucking leaf

Yup. Anyone with a funny banana picture will be stuxnetted. Serves you right.

>language/sentiment analysis is a thing, there is tools to hide you're speach

Thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't aware such levels of sophistication were required for talking like a gook.

>implying Brazil isnt just shit

such opsec
many layers, like noble onion
wowow

It's probably just methodus toolz and a bunch of ideepthroat vids from limewire.

wired.com/2016/08/hackers-claim-auction-data-stolen-nsa-linked-spies/
>Hackers Claim to Auction Data They Stole From NSA-Linked Spies
>On Monday an anonymous group calling itself the Shadow Brokers posted a page to Tumblr claiming to have breached computer systems used by the Equation Group, a team of highly sophisticated cyberspies that the security firm Kaspersky found last year was hacking targets around the world and has been tied to the NSA based in part on evidence from the leaks of Edward Snowden. The Shadow Brokers released a sample of the stolen data, as well as another encrypted file whose decryption key they’re offering for sale in a bitcoin auction.
>“How much you pay for enemies cyber weapons?” reads a message on the site. “We hack Equation Group. We find many many Equation Group cyber weapons.
>The group brags lower on the page that the unreleased code for sale is “better than Stuxnet”
>Despite the group’s unverified, over-the-top claims and comically broken English, researchers who downloaded the sample posted by the group say it does include intriguing data, such as 300 megabytes of code that match up with actual exploits used by the NSA. “It looks very much as if the NSA attacked someone, and that someone managed to source the origin of the attacks, and counter-hacked them,” says Claudio Guarnieri, a researcher at the University of Toronto’s Citizen Lab who specializes in state-sponsored malware analysis.
>he says the code does corroborate several of the exploits named in a catalogue leaked by Snowden in 2013 that lists tools used by the NSA’s elite Tailored Access Operations hacking team. “The content is credible enough and properly reflects what we know of some of the program names in there,” Guarnieri says.
>Among the sample files released by the group are exploits that target equipment sold by companies including Cisco, Juniper

But they've got this guy. I assumed he had killed all of Brazil's problems and it had become a utopia filled with beautiful transsexual prostitutes by now.

>tfw I have a cisco router
am i fucked, lads?

Yeah, me too unfortunately.

>"Do you feel in charge?
> big advantage for you?
ebin

We netrunner now

>according to Matt Suiche, founder of a incident response and forensics says those exploits attack older versions of the equipment. he believes they had nonetheless remained unpublished until now and hadn’t been included in public collections of exploits
>All of that weighs against any theory that the leaked data is a mere scam to score a few quick bitcoins. "It seems pretty legitimate to me, and I’m not the only one.” The Shadow Brokers’ page ends with a long message to “wealthy elites,” arguing that the tactics of hackers like Equation Group could put their control of global politics at risk, and suggesting that they too should bid on the stolen files. “We want make sure Wealthy Elite recognizes the danger cyber weapons, this message, our auction, poses to their wealth and control,” the Shadow Brokers’ message reads.
>The haphazard auction and political message present a jarring disconnect: Any hackers capable of compromising the Equation Group or another NSA hacker team would likely have to be extremely sophisticated; the Equation Group, after all, went not only uncompromised, but undetected for 14 years, a remarkable track record of stealth and operational security for a team believed to have attacked targets from Russia to Belgium to Lebanon. Anyone capable of finding NSA hackers’ infrastructure, not to mention penetrating it, would likely have to possess government-level resources and talent.
>That disconnect has led security researchers to speculate that the leak is some sort of deceptive operation meant to confuse anyone trying to get to the bottom of the supposed compromise. Some researchers are already speculating that the leak is somehow connected to the alleged Russian hack of the Democratic National Committee, an operation that was also obscured by the perpetrators’ attempt to make it appear to be the act of a lone Romanian hacker.

you are now. security through obscurity, senpai

Gotta hack a Gibson first.

>Romanian hacker
Prepare your files