Itt: movies you didn't understand

itt: movies you didn't understand

I understood the rest of the film, but found this scene confusing

How did she not recognize Johnny if he was her favorite customer?
Strange mistake in an otherwise stellar film

I know I'm probably going to get raped for this but I got about twenty minutes into this before giving up. I liked Adaptation, enjoyed how meta it was and all its acknowledgements of the format and all that, but this one just confused me from the start, and not in a "OHHH I wonder what's going on?" way

>I got about twenty minutes into this before giving up
You're not missing much.

I'm not bad with movies and I usually have some sort of interpretatiom with every movie but this one flew right over my head

It's Sion Sono exploitation trash. Made to be nonsensical edgyness.

This is Johnny at his most happy upswing, lovemaking with Lisa is on the manu and everything's going great. Johnny, from his usual intelligent, existientialist, depressed mood, is unrecognizable to her in this state.

It's about art, creation, self expression and hubris. There's a want to make art which can define Life Itself, but Life is way too complex and it's easy to get snowed in on everything rather than making it focused, and then it can be too late.

Nietzshe and Ubermensch. Overcoming moral and humanity and all that. Read Nietzsche.

It's about acting, and how strange the situation can be when you're switching essentially between fleeting moments of life, and how differently life can be portrayed, in the character's you're portraying. Honestly the msot honest portrayal of the nature of Acting I've seen.

Try to explain pic related lads.

i read someone said it was about the decay of cinema, it kinda made sense iirc

i just think it's beautifully done, don't give a shit about what it means

>Try to explain pic related lads.
nip bitches are crazy and japs are getting cucked hard

children are pure they haven't become cynical
as adults have become.
some of the children have become cultish and
using the siren's song of a popular pop group begin to hypnotize the masses of adults who have lost their innocence of childhood to kill
themselves... how those children got to that
status who knows, but that's the general idea of the film

It's numale tripe anyway.

You dun gud.

guy who was a piece of shit and treated his family poorly is egotistical and wants to do right (or selfishly for his pride) looks to find his missing daughter, his idea of her being perfect is slowly destroyed as he realizes she was as much a piece of shit he was, he refuses to believe it as he wants her body back regardless now knowing she grew older to be just like him

not even Tommy knew what this shit was about

how did you not understand this movie?

I don't speak swedish

WOMAN?

I have some theories about this movie, but it's mostly Sono jobbing about with various concepts.
You can tell that he structured the movie off of a couple scenes in particular. One that stood out the most to me was the cops desperately trying to prevent another mass suicide at the station. By virtue of their job description they were being forced into caring for and protecting people in a tired, worn-out society from themselves. Ultimately this helps end the Dessert phenomenon when the younger cop finally reaches out to the female "protagonist" out of real concern and compassion.
There are also some very obvious themes to follow with Dessert and media in general but those aren't fully formed in the movie and mostly aren't worth talking about.
I felt like the children were supposed to be some sort of manifestation, not as real children. Sort of like the symptom of a society dying from the inside out, not to mention the falling birthrates making them seem even more ghostlike and unnatural.