Who was worse? Leto as Joker or Eisenberg as Lex?

Both of their performances were embarrassingly awful, but I have trouble deciding which one was the most ridiculous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE
youtube.com/watch?v=7lQXLNKJN7U
youtube.com/watch?v=l5GEpyYel4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I fucking love Leto's Joker

weakest part was ding ding, rest was fine.

Leto's Joker was like a footnote to that movie.

DING DING DING

Leto's Joker didn't ruin a movie.

Eisenberg was fucking terrible and no one can prove me wrong. Also the writing for his character was shit so I can't even entirely blame him

Eisenbergs Lex was abysmal. I hope his contract didn't have too many film commitments

haha, no seriously though

This. I actually liked Eisenberg as Lex. It all really came together in the rooftop scene: youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE

fuck off
youtube.com/watch?v=7lQXLNKJN7U

Lex was great though.

It wasn't just the writing though, he played the character terrible.

Miscast, bad writing, bad acting.

Joker wasn't too bad. Lex was terrible though. So fucking terrible it's insane. I hate Eisenberg though so maybe that's why.

Joker was embarrasing, but this Luthor was the worst. Reminded me of Sherlock and their approach with Moriarty. "Everyone has always portrayed him as a somber and serious figure that outranks the hero. Let's make him younger and act like a crazy spastic just for the sake of making him different"

Marvel made a 10/10 Luthor just out of spite

This. Yet somehow Leto was even worse. Especially when considering how terrible all his PR stunts before the release were.

Eisenberg was the one saving grace of a completely trash flick. Its like Hopkins in Rapeworld, the single bit of class trying to elevate a dumpster fire to something worthy, but ultimately drowned out by jobbers just going through the motions.

Leto was just as shit as anything else happening in SS.

I BET you liked Zemo in civil war

Samefag or just three plebs?

>There was a DC cartoon where Luthor was played by motherfucking Clancy "Based" Brown

>In the movie we get Michel Cera's edgy cousin

>waaahhhh i dun like jard i want heat legend :(((

Yeah, okay kid.

woah bro he totally saved his girlfriend in a helicopter and then said he was gonna fuck her on a bear-skin rug

that's so ""DAMAGED""

Eisenberg as Lex. Not even close.

GRANNY'S PEACH TEA. Hmm.

Classical Lex Luthor is a heavy industry magnate. those dont exist any more and they replaced him with hipster-new-tech-asshole CEO Lex Luthor. Get over it.

It just how clever and petty he is. What's the problem with it?

Shouldn't Lex Luther be more in control of his emotions? Like be more stable?

RIDDLE ME THIS, SUPERMAN

That's not even classical Luthor, that's DCAU Luthor. Luthor in the comics, at least the industry mogul one, was a fat fuck.

No I liked the Sticky Bandits in Home Alone 2 better

No? What gave you that idea? Lex in the comics always let his emotions and pettiness fuck him in the ass.

Honestly, I liked Leto's joker and I really expected to hate him. Him and Harley were the ONLY good parts of that movie. Had they used a lot more of the Joker/Harley material, it would have been far better. It wouldn't have saved the movie, but it would be far less shitty.

Don't get me wrong, he's no Ledger/Nicholson/Hamill but it was a new fresh take on the Joker that was interesting and fun.

It's a shame that, since that movie bombed so bad, we will likely never get the Harley standalone that would have copious amounts of Leto's Joker.

Since Zach Snyder "quit" (I think he was fired but they allowed him the dignity of telling people it was voluntary, as is custom in prestigious positions), I'd imagine there would be a fair chance a Harley/Joker movie would be amazing with a decent writer/director.

Leto's Joker was likable

Too likable

His role was almost heroic and he was shown as both devoted and passionate to Harley

The very last scene when he breaks into the prison is even played for audience cheers

Yeah I would have phrased that rhetorical question "Shouldn't Lex Luthor avoid screeching like a little bitch?"

DCEU Lex has nothing in common with the Riddle other than being a redhead, something the Riddle isn't outside of Batman Forever.

Considering we're already doing the "romantic antihero" approach I swear Whedon would just write Joker as Spike from Buffy

>DCEU Lex has nothing in common with the Riddle other than
- being a giggling, prancing faggot

Lex always screech like a little bitch when something involves Superman. This is a guy that when he became a god threw a fucking tantrum because he'd lose his godhood if ever touched Superman. So after screeching he threw it all always just so he could be able to hurt Superman again.

>we need a bald guy for Lex, I'd say the bald guy from Breaking Bad will be ideal
>Heisenberg?
>yeah yeah that guy I want him

DCEU Lex has nothing in common with Lex other than being a redhead either. But his appearance and "quirks" are similar to that Riddler.

In fact, that's the joke ya big dummy.

we get it....

The Riddle isn't a giggling, prancing faggot, though. The Riddle is a beta smart-ass that always run when the Batman gets close to him.

I'm going to say Lex was worse.

Not because of the performance, but because of the actual lines he had to say. Every time he started talking about God I couldn't help but cringe. It was like I was listening to some 13 year old on the internet talking about atheism. And it would have been bad if he just did it once, but he goes on a rant about atheism like five god damn times in the movie, and each time is progressively worse.

>See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Jo, 'cause God is tribal. God takes sides. No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from Daddy's fist and abominations. I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be.

>if man won't kill God the Devil will do it! The blood of my blood, born to destroy you! Your doomsday. Now God is good as dead.

is that actually his voice? pls someone tell me this video isn't his real voice, it sounds like a parody

Only if you only know of Riddle from Batman Forever. You don't think that Riddle is like that in the comics, do you?

And DCEU Lex had a lot of common with a lot of comics versions of Lex.

He is in Batman Forever though, where the comparisons are being made to. How are you not getting this? 'Tism?

That was because the whole world treated Superman as a god.

I would say I hated Eisenbergs Luthor more than Leto's Joker.

Boys! Mmm!

Using Batman Forever as an example outs you as a fucking casual that know nothing about the Riddler, though. Carrey was an awful Riddler.

If you're a god wouldn't you be able to touch superman indirectly? For a genius he's not very smart.

Eisenberg no contest. You should be asking who's Joker was worse cause Eisenberg wasn't playing Lex. At least Leto's "So randum, I'm mailing people dildos" Joker was an attempt at playing the Joker. Lex being an MCU tier memester who was trying to have his quotes be sold in Hot Topic t-shirts was pathetic, especially because he failed at it.

Can't blame them their lines are also terrible

Eisenberg was an awful Lex. And they are rightfully compared to eachother.

I can know about several versions of a character and make a comparison to one of them. Both of those things can happen.

You have some trouble understanding concepts my friend.

Lex doesn't believe Superman is a god, he just wants to ruin that image in everyone's mind, and he does touch Superman indirectly.

They should cast Bill Nye.

youtube.com/watch?v=l5GEpyYel4g

Eisenberg's Lex had some in common with Hackman's Lex and even some versions of the character from the comics. So if you actually know shit about the character is not so jarring.

But if you're a casual that only watched the cartoons...

>Sup Forums defending a jar of piss

Had the movie been the right genre for that stupid joke it still wouldbhave been stupid

I liked Eisenburgs Lex. Despite his erratic performance I chose to attribute this to being broken after the death of his father, whom I envisioned to be the Lex we all know from the comics etc.

I also enjoyed Leto's Joker. It was a fresh spin and I hate WB for cutting most of his scenes.

Good god let that man die. He's all cucked out.

You're a stupid.

Fuck off, Batman Forever even ends with newly bald Riddler laughing like a crazy loon in his jail cell, and BvS ends with newly bald Lex laughing like a crazy loon in his jail cell.

THERES NO COMPARISON YOU CASUAL PFTTT YOU ONLY WATCH CARTOONS

Leto seemed to give a shit about the character and strived for some level of authenticity. Eisenberg played nearly the same nebbish twerp that he always plays. Both suck because the writing in both was terrible, but Leto was better because he didn't just cash a paycheck.

that's why everyone was scared and hated him and protested his arrival to the capital, and vandalized his statue with the words 'false god,' right?

Any sort of symbolism Snyder may have been going for, comparing Superman to God or Jesus, was ruined because the movie couldn't focus or be consistent for two god damn seconds.

The whole movie was trash but he was the least trash part of it. It was a good performance but didn't feel like Lex Luthor to me

>What I got a hickey or something

Really...

DCEU Lex was updated to a Silicon Valley tech-giant that project himself as a world savior like many of the current CEOs. It was a very smart concept. He was only erratic when the subject was about Superman, which is classic Lex.

DCEU Joker was very much the Prince of Crime that comics Joker used to be, with a bit of cholo/nigger aesthetics inserted in. This was again a very apt updating. I miss when Joker was a crime boss instead of the boring horror villain he became in the last decades.

>that's why everyone was scared and hated him and protested his arrival to the capital, and vandalized his statue with the words 'false god,' right?

Some, not all. Watch the movie again.

Don't you meme at me faggot, I meant every word I typed

>It was a very smart concept.
It was an extremely basic idea that fell completely flat. Silicon valley CEOs like that don't actually exist also

Zuckerberg seems more or less exactly like this

The fucker is actually visiting truck stops and fisheries right now asking people "tell me about your human behavior"

I agree that it was a basic idea that fell flat, but CEOs do exist like that. Unfortunately for the movie, they're not interesting to watch when portrayed by a mid-level actor sleepwalking through a very much in-type role instead of making it feel different and giving it some real teeth.

>tries to kill her by blowing up the collar
>doesn't work
>keeps trying
>doesn't just shoot her with his gun

what did they mean by this?

Cranston would've made a great luthor
Even Michael Keaton would've been a great luthor
This is the main reason why DC movies aren't as popular, their antagonists are crap, they get the heroes right but they make the villains just some characature of rediculousness all trying to emulate Heath ledgers brand of crazy but instead it just comes out goofy

Yes, they exist. Where have you been?

And DCEU Lex was all about manipulating people by playing the image of a philanthropist. Him being a industry mogul wouldn't work.

Even recent comics, that explore the concept of Lex playing the role of a philanthropist while secretly being an evil fuck, have him as some sort of approachable tech inventor instead of the industry mogul, mixing the industry mogul concept with the old mad scientist concept.

Cranston said that the rumors about him playing Lex were fucking stupid because people were only saying that because he was playing a bald man on TV.

So there you have it, Cranston think you're stupid.

What the fuck are you on about, Zuckerberg is nothing like Eisenbergs Lex and that doesn't describe Lex's behaviour at all

t. Zuckerberg

Zucc pls go

>not just shooting her while she slowly walks by
This movie was so shit

Zuckerberg was greatly exaggerated in the movie. It's Hollywood, after all. I've met the guy. He's actually pretty friendly and charismatic.

>You don't get it bro it references, like, mythology plus it's dark and gritty so I'm mature for liking it

There hasn't been a flick more unfairly treated by critics in the past decade than Suicide Squad except maybe Warcraft

The Luthor casting was way worse. Eisenberg behaves way more like Scarecrow or The Riddler in BvS.

Joker had a lot of scenes cut so I'm willing to give him another shot

Lex was awful though. Hopefully they recon it and make Lex Sr. the real Lex

That's a damned if you, dammed if you don't question. I think Joker was more annoying...

Eisenberg was awful but at least he didn't give a shit
Leto on the other hand was horrible and try hard as fuck which makes it even worse

If you pretend Jesse was playing The Riddler instead his performance suddenly works fine.

Leto wasn't bad or good he was kind of just there.

Lex was written as a psychotic, so it wasn't jesses fault.

I thought Eisenberg was fine, to be honest. Leto was horrendous and his "zany antics" during filming made the whole thing even more obnoxious.

I actually enjoyed what we saw of Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad, but with the knowledge that Batman and his enemies are already established in the DCEU universe and us only seeing a small bit of it, it just left something to be desired and I want to see their relationship in the Snyderverse explored. I wasn't really a fan of Lex however, but taking into account that his and Supermans story is only really beginning, opposite to Batman/Joker's case in this universe, then that leaves plenty of development on his character for future films. I just don't think I've seen enough to make a call yet.

Watched SS and thought this Joker's tattoo was cool as fuck, but apparently most of Sup Forums hated it. Why?

mah niggas

how is that in anyway "2 smart 4 u?" He just said parts of Luthor were faithful to elements of his comic counterpart and that Riddler in Batman Forever was incredibly mischaracterized.

I never got this meme

Honestly it would be a million times better if they just got rid of "damaged"