TFGeneral : What OP? Edition

There wasn't one, so I made it.

Imagine I put the OP here so I don't look like an idiot.

Transformers stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bXtEdUmwH3A
allspark.com/forums/topic/131650-till-all-are-one-3-full-preview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll just dump some Bayformer concept art that makes everyone sad compared to what we got.

At least the Fembots were killed off quickly. Murder is a better fate than living through multiple Bayformer films.

Why did they even introduce them if Bay hated them so much?

Because Michael Bay likes shitting on your waifus.

What if the Devastator we got didn't have huge fucking balls and looked like an actual robot?

How many faces is Optimus Prime going to rip off in TF5?

You already have your containment thread.

Someone needs to fire Bay's art team. The designs for TMNT & Transformers are beyond awful.

Let's have a fun thread.
Post favorite characters and what you love about them.

He's such an as but he's so entertaining.

Of all the Autobots id rather hang out with Jazz

I have a weakness for cool, quiet ,characters who still have quirks here and there.

guess

well I did have a favorite character

No one cared who he was until he put on the mask, and even then was more hated and feared than respected.

Same, user.

Tarn deserved so much better.
He was a fun character to follow throughout all those issues.

Aside from Tarn I've found I'm pretty fond of Sixshot. Mostly because I feel like he's an underutilized character and I'd like to see what more can be done with him.

Roberts said at AA a few years back he was thinking about doing something with him, but even if its not in Roberts' book I'd like to see him make a come back in IDW somehow.

All of them

>tfw my family thought I was being nitpicky because of the giant robot-scrote

>Aside from Tarn I've found I'm pretty fond of Sixshot.
Finally, someone else who remembers Sixshot existed in IDW. I liked him ever since he debuted (chronologically) in his spotlight, he was really, really chill but also kind of cocky and I liked that. He's getting a leader class toy for the Titans return line so maybe hes coming back somewhere within that event?

I like that they didn't even name the characters. They just named them after cars they're supposed to shill.

You can see how important characters are in these movies.

>decepticon symbol for a face

lazy fallen rip-off

>being this undevoted to the Decepticon cause
>not wearing the symbol as your face >not having TWO fusion canons to be TWICE as much like Megatron.

But then the Fallen is just a lazy Soundwave rip off for having a decepticon symbol for a face.

>Being gayer than Chromedome and Rewind

If by devoted you mean a tryhard poser.

Go take a nap, old man Megatron.

Imagine how ridiculous shattered glass Tarn would look?

Just imagine an autobot mask.

Christ, please. I would have LOVED this.
I'm really digging the head here, too; it looks inhuman without being stupid like the Devastator we got.

Did shattered glass ever go anywhere?

Yes, trash.

Not that user, but I thought people loved Shattered Glass?

Some do, but they like it more for the concept than the actual material, which is garbage.

I like you.

Thats what I mean did it go anywhere aside from being "OH SHIT THE AUTOBOTS ARE EVVVVVVVVVVVILLLLLLLLLLL"

Yes, the decepticons are also stupidly good.

If TF was to make another console/PC game, what kind of gameplay would you want? Who would serve as the protagonist(s)? And how expansive would you like for character interaction to be?

>Devastator was destined to look like crap regardless

I hate Bay.

There are multiple guys like Last Autobot and Vector Prime that have Autobot logo faces as well as it being an approximation of Prowl's face to begin with.

I love that too much

Devastation combat + FoC weaponry.

Oh and better boss fights.

>Protagonists
I want antiheroes starring some less-known Decepticons. For character interactions, I can settle for same old cutscenes and hidden dialogues.

TMNT wasn't that bad. They actually look like mutants.

Well, unless you're gunning for a more turtle-looking face.

Thoughts?

>I want antiheroes starring some less-known Decepticons.
I can't even remember any B-list Deceptions who aren't totally unfitting for a leading role.
It's okay.
Actually looks good.

Massive black concept art looks way better than Josh Nizzi's.

Combaticons, Scavengers, any subgroup cons that aren't the Seekers.

Heck it could even be one con from each group, and then they all combine to form a new gestalt.

Just take some guys from each 1897-1991 year and a new guy as a neutral focus point. Worked for the Scavengers, and they don't even have Scavenger!

Combaticons are considered lesser known?
That being said, I can see either the Scavengers or Combaticons working. In fact Blast Off and Swindles portion of FoC were probably my favorite parts of that game.

His face with the mask on looks a tad like a vag but otherwise not bad.

I thought Fall of Cybertron was alright

It had my favorite Combiners

>Combaticons are lesser known

For real? I know they arent constructicon tier but the entire team had a big spot in fall of cybertron.

Besides Swindle is the best one

Well they're the second best known right under Devastator.

Yeah, my bad. Forgot they were the main selling point of FoC.

Swindle had some good lines

>Say onslaught if this thing could fly why didnt the autobots just do that
>I dunno swindle it probably takes alot of energy to fly this hunk of junk
>Really? Because if you calculate the mass
>JUST GET ON WITH THE MISSION SWINDLE

Does anyone have the link to the comics and the pic of chronological order?

Welcome to limbo.

I can't unsee this now.

Is it true that Soundwave was originally going to be the Decepticon leader, hence the symbol resembling his face?

FACEFUCK ME, PRIME

Movie Megatrons have had labia-like structures since day one.

...Sari inspired?

And this looks like some sort of female Vehicon.

Reminder: it could be worse

It can always be worse.

Also my favorite piece of concept art, for all the wrong reasons.

I give the movie designs a lot of a pass because while they don't always gel with "traditional" Transformers or even appeal to me, but I can at least see why someone might like them.

But then there's the twins. I just cannot see how anyone can like Mudflap's face. It's not Hollywood ugly, it's not even funny ugly, it's just fucking ugly. Skids is a little better, as he comes off a bit better as funny ugly, but he's still bad.

I like their bodies, but their faces were so ugly in the Titan comics they gave them faceplates.

>Key to fan reaction

HEROIC AUTOBOT LEADER

Literally the same as every other Roberts nutjob villain with an inferiority complex.

>a chainsaw AND a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher

>On an iconic robot

I would save up to buy it in a heartbeat as a kid.

Yeah, it turns out existing fans of a series like it when things resemble the things they like.

Optimus Prime is here to take everyone to the Circus.

youtube.com/watch?v=bXtEdUmwH3A

Why is Starscream getting his shit kicked in so gratifying no matter the continuity.

The gun show more like it

HEROIC
AUTOBOT
LEADER

I'm honestly surprised people don't think that Tarn may have survived given Megatron has a built in space bridge in conjunction with his antimatter tech, not to mention Rodimus had a time machine briefly linked to it. Enough interdimensional hijinks for an improbable survival, though it looks like Megatron brought at least part of him back through with Rodimus.

Hopefully dead. They overstayed their welcome.

They only overstayed their welcome because the writer never did anything with the DJD. They were ultimately filler villains.

I don't mind the filler, it was how ridiculously overthetop they are. The Phase Sixers were ridiculous enough but these were Phase Sixer killers.

Yeah but if they'd been actual characters and shit you'd be more likely to excuse their powers. Roberts can write good characters (which is why people still like Tailgate despite his bullshit), he just didn't here.

I think the time period is the major problem. Disposable villains can't stay too long or otherwise people will want something more out of them. And given how much depth Roberts can give his characters, people came to expect more from the DJD given how long they persisted as a threat. If we'd only known them for a couple weeks/months now, many of us would have just accepted them as quick and done bad guys (even if it had left some people wanting more still).

I'm not sure you can excuse that level of power when they make guys who can render entire planets lifeless a blubbering, whining mess.

That's true.

I was willing to give them a chance if they ever tried, but they didn't. So it's annoying.

Disposable villains are only disposable when they aren't powerful enough to kill pretty much anyone. And when they aren't intentionally hyped up all the time.

Well Roberts sure mixed it up then; the DJD were as disposable as Pipes in the end.

>Optimus goes to a Warhammer and Starcraft convention

I actually like that you can see a toothy grin behind the mask. Having an arm cannon (fucking finally) is a very nice touch.

Just the Funpub apologists.

Funny bit is Optimus got an armcannon first before Megatron.

>1897
Who was around then?

Why are these people so retarded?
allspark.com/forums/topic/131650-till-all-are-one-3-full-preview/

Touch My Thighs, please. Chromia did nothing wrong.

Except be sexy as fug.

Which ones?

Hell all of them. I thought TFW had the market on autism clubs.

It's a Transformers forum, what were you expecting?