Threads:

Is there a more kino film?
Shit just happens, theres no good guys or bad guys. Half the film is public service announcements and people panic buying baked beans, and god damnit thats what I love about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgOybc8Jdoo
youtube.com/watch?v=HLvaZPdPYg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We watched this in school in year 9, this was 2008 so it was already very dated by then but we're from Sheffield so it was still felt real as fuck. It stuck with me for the longest time afterwards.

>when the boyfriend starts running as soon as the shit hits the fan and we never see him again

Fella can't even have a quiet shite without 50 megatons getting dropped on ye.

They made a really good choice using stock nuke footage instead of doing whatever The Day After did

>When his best friend says he would be straight under the bomb when it goes off and the opposite ends up happening

I watched The Day After, after watching Threads and it pretty shit.
Americans once again can't do anything right

There is a movie called Testament which is more the American version of Threads than The Day After

God dammit Testament is depressing

Americans do lay it on a bit thick but I still liked it. Particularly the way they show the exchange starting with witnessing the missiles going up outside town and then realising that the Soviet missiles would arrive in about the same amount of time (30 minutes).

It does say at the end that a real nuke war would likely be far worse than what they depicted, i.e. more like threads.

If the first 20 minutes are anywhere near accurate, the nuclear blast actually improves Sheffield

>and we never see him again

Or do we?

What an hero

I've seen other Threads threads a good number of people claiming the guy in the next bed over in the final scene is the boyfriend, is this plausible?

Im guessing he survived, after all its not cucking if the guys dead.

I wish illinois was vapourised.

They would have made it very obvious if that were the case. Given the point of Threads was to be unrelentingly brutal throwing in a thing like that would be out of place.

99% he got fried in the first few seconds.

RIP Pussy :^(

I really want to see a film expand on how the UK went back to basically a medieval feudal setting, with remnants of the old world.

Theres already an Australian version of that.

Yeah but more grounded, like the end of Threads was. Like for example, in the film its shown that the military is getting by pretty well compared to the civilians. We see them enter into well lit bars, where they are clearly having a good time. Earlier in the film when a patrol shoots a looter, one of the soldiers complains about how the food the looter had was a flavor he didn't like. Obviously he wouldn't be saying that if he was starving like everybody else.

So I'm thinking that as time goes on the military becomes a higher class than the civilians, turning into modern day nobility and knights. So when a noble mobilizes an army there could be an large difference in quality of weapons and armor, as the knights have firearms and the peasants have crude spears, pitchforks, and sledgehammers. There would probably be a visual difference between the two groups as well, as the upper class would have fair skin and good eyes, and the lower classes would be dark and look kinda fucked up from the constant exposure to the now harmful sunlight.

name of the film from pic related by OP?????

Of course if this was made into a film/show today, I have a good feeling that they would fuck it up and it would be GoT season 4 and beyond tier

Threads

Hairspray, the movie with Nikki Blonsky

fuck you give me a real answer.

Boards.

The Day After Tomorrow

Strings.

based pussy poster

>I watched those old British PSAs for hours after this movie

Tracks.

/threads

Same

Same

same. gave me that fallout vibe. it was so creepy, to think that shit was real.

It's hugely emotionally manipulative

Same

>when the girl goes back home and all you can hear is flies

Same

I want to watch this but I also really don't

Its not so bad, it was only scary as fuck because it was filmed in street you walked on and showed ads that were on tv earlier that day.

>That part where ET gets fucking melted

Street creds

same

How does it hold up today? Even just these random posts seem grim as fuck.

ups sorry
its a TV production
Is it propaganda?
I will check thanks bros

Good movie, no character arc bullshit. Brit aesthetics for 40 or so minutes then nukes happen and shit turns ugly.

Which school in Sheffield did you go to?

Watching this right now, lads, I'm scared

This fucker is the poster boy for the movie but hes in it for less than 10 seconds.

youtube.com/watch?v=UgOybc8Jdoo

What I've always taken away from falloutkino is the PSAs seemed to be moreso a 'keeping up appearances' ruse for the public to convince them we'd stand a chance of surviving.

Like taking your relatives into the front garden and writing your postcode on the body. As if somebody would be around to collect them in a day or so.

When I did CBRN training in the Army we were essentially told - 'yeah, nah - we're going to teach you the drills but in reality you're dust in the wind'.
Only thing scarier than a nuclear attack would be an airbourne chemical attack.

>mfw watching this for the first time
>mfw get to the immediate fallout of the exchange
>mfw the cat
>mfw the fucking burning fingers

This fucking movie doesn't kid around

I think they showed the nukes betterway people just got fucking instantly vaporized en masse,showing people at work,at a wedding And just running for their lives in the street while a wave of red hot gas just consumed everything

its horribly depressing
but I'm a brit so it has that extra realism to me

it's actually shit but ok

pleb

>Has to use memes to express his opinion
>Expects to be taken seriously
>Yet another loq IQ kino turd

LEL

desu it was pretty lame and goes to demonstrate why europeans always need us to save them

yeah people die in war, guess what people die in wildfires and tornadoes too. People also die when a community becomes more than 20% nonwhite

>I've never seen a house burn down before: the post

Same

>Posts thread asking for opinions
>Doesn't mention the title like a total cunt
>Expects everyone to have seen it and mocks people asking for the name of the film
Fuck off.

Bellend

If you've been here more than a day you would recognize the film from the OP image. Threads threads are a nearly daily occurrence. Give r/movies our regards.

Cumstain

I'm not one to visit /tv every day, but I'm not fucking reddit either

delete this

I hope you feel very stupid right now

youtube.com/watch?v=HLvaZPdPYg4

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'll go watch it now.

Hilos

You goys realise that they couldn't show real nuclear explosions in color in the us until 1991 right?

I hope you know this now. Look it up.

must be hard living with autism

>that split second shot of the little brother fucking melting when the bomb goes off