I want to get into comics

I want to start reading comics but I don't know where to start

Other urls found in this thread:

multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hellboy-reading-order-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what kinda shit do you like senpai

You need to be more specific. Imagine if someone asked you where to start with movies or TV. It's the same with comics, we can't help you unless you explain the kind of things you like.

Bone by jeff smith

From the beginning

Don't be a faggot op. Do you want cape shit? read God Loves Man Kills and All Star Super-Man.

READ ANCIENT FRENCH CAVEMAN WALL PAINTINGS ABOUT HUNTING WOOLY MAMMOTHS

Tbh I was thinking more of trying new stuff out. Something that has a great rating and would be seen as an all around masterpiece

Something with a dark atmosphere, psychological and mystery

Is 2000 new?

Save yourself the trouble and just don't. Find a less shit hobby.

Like?

It was good painting until hunter got replaced with female Neandrethal berrypicker. Literally ugh.

>1
Avoid superheroes if you can. I know they're shiny but, you know, for your sake.
>2
Pick a genre, next select a classic from that genre and read it.
>3A
Liked it? Select a work from one of the authors.
>3B
Didn't like it? Go back to step 2

The Dark Knight Returns is a pretty good first comic

Pick up some Hellboy

Personally the silver age avengers and captain America are good reads

avoid capeshit!!!
avoid capeshit!!!!

tgat shit isnt comics, its just bullshit drawn by jews.

stamp collecting

What do you think about this

Wait twenty years til the industry is good again.

Hellboy is an excellent choice, with the added plus that his extended universe is vast so if you like the main Hellboy series you have a shitload of material to read through.

No comment on the capeshit.

MFW Glador was replaced by Queenlairn

Asterix the Gaul

Avoid the monthly floppies, its not a good format to begin on.

Read Trades and Graphic novels that catch your interest, Superheroes arent absolutely out the question, but dont read them exclusivley, theres so much more on offer.

I'd also recommend Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud, its a really interesting look into how comics 'tick'. Dont hold it up as the Bible for comics though.

BASED FRENCH PEOPLE

Fuck floppies in general, if theres a new comic coming out you wanna read just wait for the trade. Its soooooo much easier.

DC rebirth is pretty good if you want to get into current stuff/DC

Don't listen to You can skip right to The Yellow Kid (1895) and Katzenjammer Kids (1897) and then move one to newer stuff like Little Nemo (1905) and Krazy Kat (1913)

>Hellboy
Where should I start with Hellboy?

It's fine if you want to read capeshit, but you're a retard if you ONLY read capeshit.

The Dark Knight Returns is good, but be dubious about anything else Frank Miller wrote. Some is good, most is shit.

Hellboy is excellent, and if you like that, look into Neil Gaiman's The Sandman.

Big Man Plans from Image was great.

Afterlife with Archie is fantastic, but infrequent as hell.

Avoid the last 10 years or so of Marvel, most of it's been shit and getting worse with a few gems like The Visions.

Just go into the Win-O-Thread and pick a title that looks neat.

>but be dubious about anything else Frank Miller wrote. Some is good, most is shit.
His work on Daredevil alone excuses anything bad he's ever written

>be dubious about anything else Frank Miller wrote
Miller has only recently gone off the rails, the rest is golden.

Start at Seed of Destruction, the first volume, from there you can read pretty much anything in the series.Most stories are quite self contained.

Though The Wild Hunt, the Storm, The Fury, and Hellboy in Hell form the 'final' arc of Hellboy so far, so you may want to leave that for last.

multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hellboy-reading-order-2016/

same. i've only read capeshit comics from the big two and they've been pretty lame for the most part.

you guys got anything that's not capeshit? preferably something that's kind of weird and surreal and adventurous. good art is a must, too. if i don't like the art then i can't get into a book no matter how good the writing is supposed ot be.

I'm just saying, we don't want him to have to read Holy Terror or something.

Just read some pages on the marvel or DC wikia. Pic a character you think sounds cool and find out which story arcs/runs people recommend the most often to start.

Get a comic, and read hell out of it.

See >preferably something that's kind of weird and surreal and adventurous. good art is a must, too

Try Sandman or Hellblazer.

If you are a serious novel reader kind of person. I would go with "Maus" or "Watchmen". If you are a thriller watcher, maybe "Saga" or "Y-the last man". If you're into Horror, "The walking dead" has great trade paperbacks and omnibus versions out there for not much money. Speaking of which, if you want to get a lot of classic comics for a small amount of money, the "essential" series by marvel is for you.

If you're not too sure what exactly to get into, if there is a public library close, most have comics these days in some amounts. Or ask at a comicbook shop what can be recommended what they actually have in stock.

Step 1: find a comic character whom you like or would like to read more about

Step 2: Do they have a current ongoing? If so, read it

Step 3: look for older issues that star the character/s you want to read about.

Step 4: Support the comics that you enjoy by buying the Trades or Omnis to have on your self

Enjoy OP

>Step 1: be a characterfag
first mistake

>Step 2: read current comics
last mistake

How new is "new"?

>anything before the Bronze Age being "good"

Kekmao