Sup ForumsCo/'s Bizarre Adventure: Nobody re-made the thread Edition

Previous: Past Threads: pastebin.com/WgKbpzk2

MAIN TOPIC: [PURE IMAGINATION]
Stand Suggestions are OPEN.

READ THESE LINKS BEFORE CONTRIBUTING YOUR AUTISM
(ALSO, try not to suggest 1:1 copies of characters and events in JJBA)

>Canon Stand Info for the Ignorant and Forgetful
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Stands

>Plot summaries and character list
pastebin.com/vbD28iMx

>Abilities and Stands
pastebin.com/vYTvZPFP
docs.google.com/document/d/14_R9UFLN28p0gcpJWiXHztmrhdSswFbsi9H8uhnFrIs/edit

>Every part, in order
1 - docs.google.com/document/d/1IdBYK9zXpJrDc4vAIHnRLmZpPiKyxiIkj25oOTaaeF0
2 - docs.google.com/document/d/1KA0-Y_HnU_m6V5pwZ7fEtqGMnwm43NrshzANTcCxr34
3 - docs.google.com/document/d/1hDbP7BA0XBP3_3GW0uphroYjQdcW1EW5b37w-r_lsaI
4 - docs.google.com/document/d/1zn-D4aD-cBBfpBtfTLmVM_D9C1cGPYgDYRl_CCGbnsw
5 - docs.google.com/document/d/1UNm7KLXgWF0LMxCCq3VZ3O_VJ8vEqj7d22RjnDqVIEg/edit?usp=sharing
6 - docs.google.com/document/d/1l9034tpMm4EdF1NGzisA2bCXBDvUbx_vTR69hXjp_iY/edit?usp=sharing
7 - docs.google.com/document/d/1SDhmnLrv5dtVAZx2ewx1JKTsZVoXkE8LRw-8rK2gyhQ/edit?usp=sharing
8 - docs.google.com/document/d/10wx78PDHPNMygoTbFvihjTjPF-DwP1Ced8XKT3YNzUQ/edit?usp=sharing

Sidestories - docs.google.com/document/d/1JKNelCoRNbFcSjF8vwha4zaIimnTpMBDTq-gj_GP930

>Phantom Scare: Chapter 1
pastebin.com/bsmui6f7

>Sup ForumsCo/ Comic
imgur.com/a/Un5xq

>Images
ccba.booru.org/

>Fighting Game
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-Td-mSKpaCvUjdWM0MxUEU2QTQ (The one with Reviewfag's announcer)

>Voice Impressions
pastebin.com/DcZUTVx1

>Sup ForumsCo/ playlist:「THE SHOW MUST GO ON」
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLWEiXuZ9FOaYfU_0hIoo6qadB1yEO_Km

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.plus4chan.net/coc/t52034.html
youtube.com/watch?v=b1B_pZC8aWU
comicvine.gamespot.com/deadlock/4005-50584/images/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So it is now apparent that these threads just CANNOT survive in Sup Forums's new fast-paced life style.
A pity, yes, I also noticed while having to make this thread that there is no link to the plus4chan thread in the OP.

Rather than update the OP, like some kind of mad man, I'm posting it here in MY second post in this thread:

boards.plus4chan.net/coc/t52034.html

So this thread is serving more of an announcement of sorts that if the thread dies again in the night, like we know it all will, go to plus4chan. I know almost none of you can be arsed to do this, but if we want to actually get this project done, we do need to coordinate better.

The thread died past 2am last night Sup Forums server time and not-a-one of you bothered to remake the damn thing. I checked, I checked many times to make sure I wasn't making a duplicate, that maybe someone else would make the thread, but no, I found nothing every time.

So here we are, greentext inbound, incoming, will be posted shortly, thread death set for 4am tonight unless my expectations are overthrown.

Now that THAT is out of the way, let me begin by clearifying to all the bot posters who ask in every single last thread without fail, exception, or substitution, that this thread is for a HUGE fanfic that we are all determined to write for unexplainable reasons that transcend better judgment.

Now where was I? >Just as Wong looks like he’s beaten, a golden apple appears in the middle of the battlefield
>Dora, RoboDale, and Bobby all turn to watch it fall, as it lands it’s as if they are being pulled to it by siren songs promising their greatest desires
>Wong looks around and sees Eris, another member of his entourage/gang, smiling her gappy smile, eyes filled with lust over the anticipation of what’s going to happen next
>Wong takes this opportunity to disengage them and make for the bus which Dan is still affixed to
>He finally manages to grab Dan while he was still ogling the Frizz and pulls him off the windshield; he’s got a firm grip on him now
>Wong: “Tell me where it grows!”
>Dan: “I’ll never talk!”
>Dan managed to get his gun raised and blew a hole clean through Wong forcing the two of them apart
>Dan makes like he’s going to run again, but his joints have locked up
>Wong: “You may have powers unknown to me, but now you are at the mercy of my Xuéwèi Mode. Now all your vital junctions will turn against you on my command.”
Dan: “Izza’t a fact?” as he says this his body begins to elongate as if it’s being stretched between two points until it snaps back, sending Dan to a location further away from Wong. He has just smeared himself away.
>Wong grits his teeth and continues after Dan, knowing that if he gets too far away the hole in his chest will become permanent and cause him to begin bleeding out

Probably something about whatever Dora’s group is doing here. Can't say since Beagle Boys.

cont.

>As the chase continues, Dan’s condition worsens; he finally notices that something (chi) is flowing from his revolver into his body, accelerating the damage done to it by Wong’s mode
>Dan collapses on the ground, no longer able to move as Wong approaches; he begins absorbing Dan’s Cels like Kuzco did with the other pillarmen.

>Eris is shown dropping to the floor hog tied with his own golden apple shoved in her mouth; the Beagle Boys are also tied up around her
>Dora’s group is triumphant, (Suzie and Wall-E are also with her now) they don’t have any time to waste though since they can hear Wong laughing somewhere behind them, then they can see Wong beginning to float in the air with a whirlwind around him as he discards the husk that was Dinosaur Dan
>The whirlwind gets strong enough to toss the bus into the air, as well as Bobby, then RoboDale as he goes to catch him
>Dora, Suzie, and Wall-E have managed to stand ground thanks to [Slug Bait] turning to the ground into muscles that clamped around their feet and tracks
>Wong smears his way over to them, ready to attack
>a spotlight from the panopticon blinds Dora and Suzie
>strange sound effects indicating they’re warping in the background
>the light fades and they find themselves standing in a vast, desert-like area of nothing but flat ground
>Suddenly Wong is assaulted from all sides by giant monster hands, tentacles, claws, gaping maws of teeth, buzz saws, drills, flamethrowers, suction cups, and stomped on repeatedly by a large foot before falling into a crumpled mess on the floor and disappearing through a trap door

Congratulations, we've made it to [Pure Imagination], the part I assume anyone who gives a damn about part 6 has been sitting on their hands waiting for.

Now I'm going to watch the thread die and not make another one if it does since that can be someone else's problem.

Input is welcome.

What we really need is a direction for the story to do from here on out. Now that we've reached the goal of PI, what's next?

I already have plans. I just have to write them all down in a way that resembles a story since the cliff notes are all there for the intro to Superjail!

Really, it's the Interpol Intermission that has me worried. No one seems to want to focus on that even though that's where most of the actual moving the plot forward is going to be happening where Dora and co are dicking around in PI.

seriously, is there any eurofag around to keep the thread alive during those dead hours?

we had some discussion related to the interpol arc (mostly about the Dethklok concert) in the previous thread

Yes, again, all me or all started by me.

Lately I've noticed I seem to be the only one coming up with ideas or pushing them forward around here. A pattern I am dreadfully familiar with while part 5 was happening.

So here's what I need everyone to do: look at the notes on the doc, bring up things from them you like, and, this is the most important part, expand on them. Not just expand, but expaaaaaaaaaaaaaand on them.

Make shit up, push for crazy crap, suggest a role for the character or suggest a new character and what they are actually doing in this part.

Specifics, we need specifics. Not just vague notions of story outlines, but plot points, things that are going to happen and how and when and why they happen.

Even though I don't even like the idea of the Daffy's other kids thing, I've already figured out and suggested, and gotten very little push back about how it could fit into the part.

I don't really know where to put Spike in. Maybe he's one of the opposing guards? Although since we are now in [PURE IMAGINATION]... There are guards in there, right?

(On the other hand, I finally read part 6. Where were we? Also, sorry for not being able to bump the thread.)

(To the raging user, I do not imagine myself as Taffy the gray mouse. That's fucking sick. It is more of a namefagging that I really can't bother about.)

Alright, how about something for Dora and friends first day and night in the Stand prison? Just showing all the crazy shit that comes with Stand users being kept in on place. Maybe an older prisoner saves Dora from a surprise attack and keeps then safe for a bit whil describing what it's like in stand jail. Then go into Dethlok's introduction.

Currently I say we're in PI, but really there are gaps.

There's a big gap right at the beginning of part 6 with whatever flashbacks Dora is supposed to have involving her time with the cartel and Swiper setting her up to get caught.

There's another big gap with what's going on under the jail.
-The maze is still not converted from notes to story.
-The frogman prison is still not converted to story
-The caveman fight is still not finished
-Meeting Dan is still not written out
-The Mirage fight in Dan's chamber after he's free is still not written out

I skipped a head of all of that expecting someone else to do those parts since I had ideas I had been sitting on for days concerning Wong VS Dan.

And there are gaps even in that since there should be a cut back to Dora fighting Eris with Suzie and Wall-E joining in mid fight, but I can't do that fight because no one bothered to come up with more members for Wong's gang. So I skipped that too.

Where is that other user who was actually doing shit in this part?

First thing they do in PI is make for the tower the Warden stepped to in a single bound.

Scenery changes, tower remains the same distance away.

Enter Joy, her power lets her worm her way int the group. She just wants to watch them all die because that's what gives her pleasure. So Joy keeps trying to get them killed via the various death traps, monsters, and other shit inside PI. Other inmates they meet probably laugh at them for being with Joy since they know how she operates.

Honestly, I don't know either what to do exactly with Daffy's other kids. They are supposed to be locked down inside PI in hopes that one of them manifests a La Cucaracha-tier Stand and further fuels Pure Imagination. At least Woody is pitched to be an antagonist (a deranged one, if we are keeping his backstory)

>Start heading for the central watch towers, the scenery changes, but the tower never gets any closer
>Meet Joy, she tries to get them all killed, kill Joy, Joy comes back and they learn about the respwan
>Begin looking for Inch High, find Pericles in his own kind of hell, save Pericles, Wall-E's cockroach's stand begins helping his mind heal after the ordeal, they have eyes in the sky now

>Interpol Stuff

>Dethklok gets dropped into the Superjail, they start... doing shit? I have no idea. Snatch begins chasing them
>Find Inch High, he's in a giant pinball machine with other inmates being played by someone, that someone is Gaz's stand, gotta fight it to free Inch High
>Gaz starts watching them because she recognizes Wall-E as her dad's hobby project
>Inch High is finally able to send that picture of the map to Penny before blacking out from the trauma of repeated deaths

>Interpol Stuff

>Come across Snatcher chasing Dethklok, beat the shit out of him, second hostage, Warden gives no fucks, find out from him there's an area of Superjail even more locked up, he tricks them into thinking a "key" is in there for getting out (he's lying)
>Fight Giffany, beat Giffany, Daffy's other kids are released from supermax into the rest of Superjail
>You dun fucked up
>Dethklok decide to put on a concert? Is this a distraction so Dora's group can do something?
>Vicky comes into play as she begins hunting for fresh meat?

That's the current "plan" I'm following until someone gives me something better.

Morrison's Doom Patrol is the most JoJo thing without being JoJo ever.

>Dethklok gets dropped into the Superjail, they start... doing shit? I have no idea.
Of course they protest their unfair imprisonment in the best way they can do, wrecking the place with the power of metal.

>Daffy's other kids are released from supermax into the rest of Superjail
>You dun fucked up
So, Daffy's other sons become late-game bosses like the 9 egyptian gods in part 3?

Yes, we have the vocaroo of their dissatisfaction with the situation.

And stop saying Daffy's others sons, we have at least one girl character stuck as one of his kids.

And they're all YOUNGER than Plucky, who is probably about 20 years old by this point in the story. So we can make them all be angsty teens or some shit.

Alright, Daffy's other sons and daughter.
Now we need a set list of antagonists in PI, so far:
-Gaz
-Giffany (joins the group)
-Snatcher
-Vicky
-Daffy's offspring (what's their definitive number? Is each one a Stand user?)
-El Oso
-The Warden

The more I read what PI's world is supposed to be, the more I imagine it as a nod to the pocket dimension created by Death 13. Also, the whole concept of a hellish dimension where nobody dies but they suffer horribly and brutally reminds me of the movie Event Horizon, but this being The Warden I figure PI is hell reinvented by Terry Gilliam with his deranged animated sketches.

> I imagine it as a nod to the pocket dimension created by Death 13.
And the canon Superjail, Warden's endgame is expand Pure Imagination into the whole world

I don't think the number is set yet.

At least one of them should be plotting to escape and that leads to him/her having a run in with Dora's group.

Also, bu the time they fight Giffany the Warden should be dumping disposable stand jawbreaker powered robots into PI en mass. So she could take over one of those and project a hologram over it for her appearance. She'd still look flat though.

Yep.

I imagine the sky is off color too with birds flying backwards.

He does this by first super charging it with STAR energy, then he hooks it to the vortex to let that pull the world of [Pure Imagination] into the real world where it begins merging and continues to expand.

>I don't think the number is set yet.
From what was suggested before reaching part 6 we have:
-Shirley McLoon (already has a Stand)
-Woody (already has a Stand)
-Gandy Goose
-Alan-a-Dale
-Heckle and Jeckle
-Condorito
Unless they are fought separately, I feel we should not go overboard with the amount of siblings or it will be like the group battles in part 5

>birds flying backwards
>Pericles is chained and getting tortured 24/7
Damn, that's sick.

I'd me cool to see Skarr, though I'm not sure we're he'd fit. Probably in an attempted break out.
Speaking of wish, is that guy who keeps breaking out still in this?

I think Skarr is stationed in the real world prison.
>is that guy who keeps breaking out still in this?
you mean jackknife?

I think Skarr is going to be someone the Strickland people will have to fight in the end game to get to the armory so they can defend themselves against the monster pouring out of PI.

I don't think Jackknife is still in this, no.

I thought Gogo the Dodo was on there as well. I've been brewing up a Stand for him.

anyone has an idea for Nemesis Stand or should I take a look into the archive?

His role as the macguffin that Warden is looking for was taken by the vortex of STAR energy, not sure if he was completely removed, though.

>And there are gaps even in that since there should be a cut back to Dora fighting Eris with Suzie and Wall-E joining in mid fight, but I can't do that fight because no one bothered to come up with more members for Wong's gang. So I skipped that too.

You mean, more suggestions to gang members?

Did I not phrase it clear enough?

Specifically the Beagle Boys were suggested, but no stands were suggested for them.

There are never any stand suggestions for characters that we actually need for filling in roles that NEED to be filled.

Check the archive, see if anything was suggested.

I'm pretty sure the vortex has completely removed the need for Jackknife to play the role of plot device.

Are we still using the Dover boys in a later part? I'm asking because they have a shared Stand in the doc that could be used by the Beagle boys

I know nothing about using them in any part. I recall Dan Backslide was slated for part 7, but have no knowledge of the Dover Boys making an appearance.

What sort of stand are you proposing we give to the Beagle Boys?

the Dover boys were suggested for part 5, here's their Stand:

>Dover Boys of Pimento University
>Choir Boys/ Caught in a Mosh/ Jersey Boys / New Kids on the Block (I really don’t have anything set in stone as of yet)
>Appearance: 3 similar humanoid stands copied between the three boys. They each have a large P on the torso.
>Ability: Harmony. The stands, while separate beings can attack and defend simultaneously. The Boys can even be separate for each other from some distance, an enemy could be fighting them and not even know that the others exist. The stands are powered by these simultaneous movements, and allow each boy to know exactly what the other is doing and going to do. When Tom’s stand punches with a left hand, Dick and Larry’s stand act the same way, etc. This triples each attack’s power. On the contrary, taking damage effects all of the boys. If all three boys are attacked in the same way, they take triple the damage. Throwing the stand’s attack’s and movements off from its brothers is key to lowering each stand’s power. The most effective way of defeating the stand is having each stand attack each other (like how they all hit each other at the end of the short- triple the attack power x taking triple the damage)

That would work for the Beagle Boys.

So, we are having two vaults getting raided on-screen, right?

At least.

We can do more if we need to establish more of the Warden's forces.

>"Greetings, mammalian prisoner! What brings you to my humble abode!"
>"You...live here?"
>"Of course, where else would I live?"
>"Uh, yeah, anyway, so, my arm kinda got, you know, cut off in mix up with some fucker messes up your body. And it's my main hand, so I haven't been able to eat right or jack off this week..."
>"Say no more, I have the pefect solution! *grabs a saw* but I've only got pairs, and I paid a full 12 dollars for them, so we'll just have to replace both your arms so it matches!"
>"W-what?! Can't I see one of them hot nurses instead?"
>"Ugh, no one ever wants to talk to Zoidberg..."

Ok, I can start working in some scenes before the whole hunt begins when I get back to home. Are we gonna have the cameo of someone from Acme Acres during the investigation?

The Warden would get Zoidberg as a doctor.

Possibly.

I was going to work on the intro to Superjail later so all those notes get turned into dialogue before the Warden grabs the map and dumps Dora's group somewhere in PI.

>they have relatively decent doctors in the real world prison
>Warden put Zoidberg in PI to hasten the death of anyone foolish enough to seek his medical aid
>Since the inmates just respawn, Zoidberg believes his patients actually survived

Things are getting better. Summer of Steven is over, so the /sug/ spam is winding down, and most of the hot button Sup Forums topics are starting to die down as well.

I haven't paid attention to the time it takes to fall a page right now, gonna keep an eye on it.

I guess Dr. Hutchinson and Hello Nurse are in the regular prison?

well, they are listened among the old stuff.

*listed.

I like it.
Not sure where to work it in though.

Eh, I'm sure it'll come up eventually.

From time of last bump to the bottom of page 10 is still only 2 hours or less.
It hasn't changed from yesterday or the day before or the week before.

I'm not happy with the dialogue, someone make it better.
>Dora: "Where are we?"
>Susie: "I 'ave 'eard stories zat troublemakers get sent somewhere strange, where no one ever hears from zem ever again. ...or perhaps we are just dead and we are finally in Hell." *smiles awkwardly
>Dora: "It doesn't answer the question, though. Where are-?"
>an illusory double of The Warden poofs into existence in front of them, all smiles and enthusiasm
>"HELLOOO AND WELCOME TO SUPER-"
>The Warden is immediately kicked in the face by 「BOOTS」, caving in his face like it's made of rubber
>The Warden’s clone pauses, unmoved by the kick, still in his jovial pose... then continues with 「BOOTS」's foot still buried in its face like it’s not even there
>"...to SUPERJAIL! Or as I like to call it... a world of 「PURE IMAGINATION」!"
>As he says this, the void trembles and flashes with a whirl of colors and sounds, some jovial, some in agony
>The Warden morphs around [Boots] as if he’s made of smoke, twirling his cane as his face becomes enormous swallows them all
>Dora, Suzie and Wall-E now find themselves floating on a cloud above the Panopticon, or so it appears to be the Panopticon
>The Warden continues as they begin a slow decent
>”I built this place out of dreams, happy thoughts, gut feelings, and STAR light. So very much STAR light; a whole vortex of it actually.”
>Dora and Suzie exchange looks
>"I sent so many wayward souls down there to root out that one little kink in the flow, and now that that old fossil is extinct all this wonderful power is all mine to control, and I owe it in part to you!"
>The Warden is now between Dora and Suzie pulling them close so their faces are touching

>”Now you’re probably both wondering why I brought you here, hmm? Weelllll, call it a happy accident. I had to stomp out that old which-doctor before he caused any real damage. And seeing how I need him in the jail to take the fall for this mess, you three will just have to take his place here! Ah haha, isn’t that super?”
>The cloud is now within the Panopticon, nothing in it looks the same
>While the Warden turns his back to the three of them he continues “Think of it as an upgrade to your prison experience! Lots of fresh air, plenty of sunshine, and it’s all so much more exciting than that boring old jail you’ve been staying in up till now!”
>Dora has pulled out [Glory Road] to see where they really are, before she can get a good look at anything the Warden seemingly teleports over to them and snatches the map right out of Dora’s hands with a "Ohhhhh, what's this?"
>As the Warden unrolls the piece of paper and his eyes go over it they shoot out of his head like spikes and almost go right through it
>From the Warden’s point of view the map is showing him the location of all the stand jawbreaker caches the WB set up around the world.
>”This is fantastic!” as he spins around, floats in the air, and hugs the map
>Dora and Suzie are helpless to get it back from him, Inch High appears on the Warden's shoulder and takes a picture of it, how he got there no one knows
>The Warden’s demeanor changes in an instant from happy to furious as he swats him like a bug for his troubles in a gore-y fashion, then back to happy as he drops his three latest additions off in a field next to a wall before he extends a leg super long and with a single step is on top of the watch tower, which also has a giant golden Warden head on top of it. He then disappears
>Dora, Suzie, and Wall-E are dumbfounded over what just happened, they finally take a moment to look around
>They’re inside the Panopticon, but everything is bigger, or they’ve become smaller

>the ground floor is covered in grass, there are trees growing inside, the sky is a bright pink and there are birds flying backwards in it
>the wall behind them is actually part of the Panopticon
>Looking up it they see many cells lining the walls, some glowing ominously, others they can faintly hear screaming or crying coming from
>the central watch tower is now adorned with a massive golden replica of the Warden’s smiling head and is spinning light a lighthouse
>Dora is the first to snap out of the daze they’re all in, she looks at the watch tower with a determined face and begins walking forward.

Really not happy with the Warden's lines in this, but it's what I got.

>he extends a leg super long and with a single step is on top of the watch tower, which also has a giant golden Warden head on top of it.

>Well, this change everything. I'm sorry that our little introduction was so short, but I gotta go!
Then as he stretch his foot to the top of the tower
>Check this out, it looks like I'm eating myself. I bet I'm delicious...oh, what I'm saying, Of course I'm delicious!

Oh good, that's already better.

Alright, before I start writing that part I need some pointers: Dredd and Gameboy join this attacks? Who else is part of the raids besides Frizzle?

I think Dredd's staying at the prison. Gameboy and Frizzle are off collecting the vaults.

If we need to establish any other stand users working for the Warden, we can do a montage kind of thing with them raiding vaults.

So, would Joy be introduced next, or would there be some other introductory fight first?

Next I think is stuff outside of PI, there's Trevor in the infirmary and establishing Wassonasong as a mutual pain for both Trevor and Bobby.

Then there's some Interpol stuff with them getting reports of increased "terrorism" caused by the vault raiding.

When we get back to PI I guess Dora's group have been walking towards the tower for a while now and it's not getting any closer. They could've had fights between then and the last time we saw them, but Joy is slated to be their next encounter I think.

>The Warden’s demeanor changes in an instant from happy to furious as he swats him like a bug for his troubles in a gore-y fashion

>The Warden continues spinning and jumping in excitement until he notices that something has climbed into his shoulder, the sound of a snapshot ringing in his ear
>Warden's head spins like an owl's and stares at a minuscule human dressed like a detective perched atop his shoulder, his merry facade quickly turns into anger.
>Warden: What. Is. This? I explicitly wished for THREE (one, two, three!) prisoners to be teleported here!
>In the blink of an eye, Warden’s arm twists and catches Inch High, placing him in front of his eyes.
>Warden: I bet you are the little snitch that has been telling our sponsors all those lies, ain’t ya?
>Dora: Leave him alone, puto! If you wanna fight, fight me! I’m the mole you are looking for.
>The Warden doesn’t pay attention to Dora, He is fixated on the agent “You made me look bad in front of those uptight jerks, and now you think you can get into MY world without invitation!? Guess what I do with pests”.
>He furiously tosses Inch High to the ground and steps on him. Dora’s face contorted in horror as Warden continues to stomp the Interpol agent in a frenzied state, going up and down like a jackhammer.
>Once the Warden was sure the little intruder was nothing but a stain on his shoes, he regains his composure and jolly demeanor.
>Warden: Woohwee, It looks like we have a little ant infestation in our prison, someone remind me to do something about it.
>“I will” says a tiny cloud in the shape of the Warden’s head that quickly passes next to the group
>Dora snaps out of the shock and gives a murderous glare to the Warden: “Tú…Maricón hijo de perra!” She glows with Stand power, ready to pummel the Warden.
>Warden: Oh, sorry. Me no speak...whatever that weird language is. Oh look, we reached destination.
Then he drops the trio.

Nice, nice.

Hopefully we'll still be able to go back and finish the beneath the jail stuff.
I really hope it doesn't turn into another "Stan breaks into Fosters" that went unfinished until we were almost done with part 4.

None of the groups fight the frogmen, right? Trevor sends the robots to deal with them

Yeah. There's some brief scuffle before the fresher frogpeople show up. We never decided who those would be. Only suggestion was battletoads from the cartoon pilot.

Maybe Mr. Toad from Wind in the Willows?

Well, the original frogpeople are based on the ones from Hellboy, I suppose the ones that were once humans are other humanoid frogs

We could just go with the monster frogpeople and have them have bits of clothing on from back when they were human as the only distinguishable traits.

In Mr. Nobody's own words "the universe is a drooling idiot with no fashion sense."

When was the last time someone important wasn't wearing something stupid?

Could someone draw Me-Mow and Suzie stuck together, maybe with some banter?

We haven't had drawfags for a long time; you could try your luck in the drawthread

So is my 4am prediction going to come true or is the thread still going to be here during the daylight hours?

I'm still lucid, so I can keep the thread alive

bump

Oh neat, it lived.

We've been out of drawfags save the one guy drawing out Part 1.

Should we reveal who is the mole in Strickland shortly after Dora and co are dumped into PI or after the Interpol arc is underway?

bump

We begin hinting that it's Wassonasong when Trevor and Bobby are talking in the infirmary.

We hint more heavily during the Interpol arc and it's all but confirmed when he shows up at the prison later when the Warden is about to begin his master plan.

something like this? haven't finished the part where Warden briefs his troops before the raiding, but this comes later:

>Warden: “Dredd! Bring me my telephone immediately! I need to communicate the good news”
>Dredd: “Sir, yes sir!” As Dredd gets away from the Warden, he mutters to himself “I’m a Judge, not your errand boy”
>Cut to a dark lit room, there's person seen from behind sitting in front of a desk. He is talking on the telephone.
>???: “ah yes, that’s good to hear. Hopefully, this will hasten the return of our company’s investment and show to each one of those old-timers that my vision is the one that the Foundation needs.
>As he hangs the telephone, the camera pans to a dossier in the desk with the logo of the Strickland Foundation.

Yes, that's good. It sets up the corruption nicely without giving too much away at first.

The question becomes now, how many days pass before we check back in with Dora's group?

I don't know about days, but maybe it goes back and forth between each group: once Warden's forces are dispatched to raid the vaults, we see what is doing Dora's group, once they deal with their first problem, the reports of "terrorist attacks" start eaching Interpol.

So it goes the phone call, Bobby and Trevor in the infirmary, back to Dora's group with the Joy encounter?

sounds fine, Bobby tells Trevor that the group is likely dead and then we see what's going on inside PI

bump

So currently, with the moving forward parts, we'd be here

>Trevor is recovering in the infirmary, he’s telling Bobby about how it went under the jail this time. Bobby tells him how all that could been prevented if they used propane lanterns.
>Trevor asks about what happened to those prisoners who defended him/saved him and Bobby tells him they have been reported as having died in the chaos.
>A story neither of them believes for a second, but Wassonasong is taking a more active role in Strickland's dealings with the prison now, so they can't even confront the Warden directly about it.

>He will be the one making Wong’s life miserable from there on since Wong is a living relic, a pillarman with ages of history inside his head, and Trevor will very much enjoy taking his time to extract everything he can from Wong believing him to be the one who killed the prisoners who actually had some sense of honor and dignity in this hell hole.

>The Warden allows this because it amuses him.

>Trevor also notices that Dan waited until he was out of his own chamber before making a hole in the ceiling and wants to know more about this “vortex” he mentioned, but he doesn’t reveal this to the Warden.

Well, this is what I have so far for the scene after the Warden gets 「Glory Road」:

>A shot of the Warden’s office, Dredd is guarding the place when a flash of light appears in the middle of the room and the Warden materializes out of thin air.
>Warden: “Dredd, Report here immediately! Dreeedd!”
>Dredd: “Reporting for duty, sir!”
>Warden: “oh, there you are. Listen, there has been a change of plans, this little thing right here is gonna be the solution to all our crime fighting troubles in the world”.
>The Warden shoves 「Glory Road」 in Dredd’s face, he is unfazed
>Dredd: “Sir, I don't see how this blank piece of paper could help us solve the criminal issues across the globe”
>Warden: “What you talking about? No, it’s not a…there has to be something wrong with your helmet (from the Warden’s perspective the map still indicates the location of the Jawbreaker vaults). It’s the location of the, hmm, major criminal hideouts, yes. One of the inmates was carrying this and now it will lead us directly to his partners in crime, isn't it wonderful?”
>Dredd: “I still see a common piece of paper, sir, but if it was in possession of an inmate, protocol states that it must be stored inside the evidence room immediately”.
>Warden: “Wait, no! Of course protocol and all that is important, but this is a game changer, so why don’t we make a small exception to the rule for once?”
>Dredd: “Sir, the protocol is there for a reason, it must be complied…”
>Warden: “Ha! I knew you would understand, Dreddy. Now gather up the guards, I have important announcements to make”.
>Dredd: “Sir (pauses) yes sir” There is a noticeably disgust in the Judge’s face for Warden's attitude.

I don't like the dialogue of the following part (Warden's speech to the guards) so I'm reworking it.

Seems pretty solid so far. We still need to work in the Warden's conversation with the head of Strickland.

that part is after the speech, but I'm still not convinced with the dialogue there (not very Warden-y)

So do you need to be touching [Glory Road] to see what's on it? Because earlier Dora and Sticks were both able to see what was on the paper.

And Inch High took a picture of the map which is going to come into play later.

I'd suggest just using Deadlock of the ABC Warriors. As a crazy magic robot he already looks the part, and because of a lot of astral khaos magic bullshit is also Nemesis himself. You don't have to name him as such, just use the design. You could call him "Electric Eye Hellion" after the Judas Priest Song, the lyrics of which apply quite nicely to his background.

youtube.com/watch?v=b1B_pZC8aWU

If Deadlock himself is ever needed as a character, use Nemesis as his stand. It's Khaos, I ain't gotta explain shit.

that's a good question, I just assumed Dredd didn't wished for anything, so 「Glory Road」 didn't show anything. Or it really was Dredd's Helmet what obscured the sketching in the map.

Probably the best collection of references here
comicvine.gamespot.com/deadlock/4005-50584/images/

Very few of them in colour, unfortunately, but he's usually coloured golden yellow or sometimes very dark blue/black. The stories Khronicles of Khaos and Hellbringer would be best for those.

bump

Let's just say justice is blind and play it off of that.

kek, that's good for me

So what kind of environmental hazards do we have in PI?

The whole place can change according to the Warden's whims; he can even create hellish creatures inside his mental realm. And then, of course, there are the other inmates and the guards.

What fixed things do we have? Specifics user, specifics. Dora, Suzie, and Wall-E have been walking towards that tower for the better part of a day and have not gotten any closer. It's like the staircase in Super Mario 64, it just keeps going.

The wall behind them is still there and it's not getting any farther away either. It's like being on a treadmill almost, only it's more like a pop-up picture book, you never know what new thing is going to appear in your way that wasn't there a step before.

I don't think we have something set yet, I imagine that it will be like Vietnam and the canon Superjail mixed together: at any moment, a trap will spring and cause the most graphic death possible.

Because I'm thinking after walking through various fields, tundras, deserts, and whatever else without getting anywhere, there should've been some traps along that or something in the distance visible that wasn't in the same direction as the tower.

They don't start getting into the really nasty traps until Joy finds them and starts leading them off the straight going-nowhere path they've been on.

>the party has been walking for hours
>the background loops just like The Flintstones or something similar
>the second someone comments on it, the background changes slightly during the next loop- a Warden statue looks offended, a tree has a hat, etc.

still not fully satisfied with the dialogue, but anyway. This goes between and >A couple of minutes later, a big crowd of guards and officials are gathered in the central courtyard of the Panopticon.
>Warden: “Is everyone here?”
>Dredd: “Affirmative, all the requested personal have arrived. Additional Mechanismos has been deployed to replace the guards during the speech, and a new batch will arrive from Strickland to supplement the workforce once the expedition is underway”.
>Warden: “Super! Now, let’s rock the stage”
>The Warden appears from a balcony in the Panopticon and taps on a microphone, there is some buzzing since the microphone is defective.
>Warden: Attention everyone! *Bzzz* Damn, this crap is broken, stupid Strickland*bzzz* Hello? Is this thing on? Oh it’s on. *Ahem* Attention everyone, I have a big announcement today: As you all know, we are fully committed to the fulfillment of the law and all what embodies, and on this day the scales has tipped in our favor on the never-ending fight against crime.
>The crowd looks uninterested with the exception of some more idealistic/ruthless guards and Gameboy, who is smiling at the possibility of hunting even more people.
>Warden: “From now on, we will take the initiative and strike at these criminals in their hidings and bring them to our prison. We will free the world of evildoers, Yay!”
>A random guard raises his hand among the crowd “are we gonna get extra pay for this?”
>Warden: “No. Now everyone get ready and report to the bus depot at 1600 hours, you will receive further briefing by your squad leader. That’s it for now, shoo”

1/2

>The Warden goes back to his inner chambers escorted by Dredd.
>Warden: “Alright, How it was? I'm a professional motivator or what?”
>Dredd: “Terrific, sir. The meeting with the high-ranking officers will follow just as you ordered”
>Warden: “It’s always terrific when the Warden is in the house”
>Dredd: “As much as I disagreed with holding onto that piece of evidence, this operation looks promising, but there is a small problem, sir: We aren’t an official law enforcing agency, this could lead to trouble with the authorities”.
>Warden: “Oh, don’t worry Dredd, our pals at the Interpol already gave us the clear sign for our little operation. This will be all neat and by the book”
>Dredd: “I hope so, sir. But I insist in that you allow me to participate in the crackdown”
>Warden: “Oh don’t be silly, Dreddy. I need more than ever my right hand, understand?”
>Dredd: “Understood”

2/2

Then goes the phonecall to Strickland

It'd be useful if we had someone who's really familiar with all things Dredd.

My main concern is he's being too under spoken or polite, but there's been so many different ways that Dredd has been written over the years that I can't really tell.

What do Bobby and Trevor make of all this? I take it the Strickland employees are left half-way out of the loop.

Speaking as the Deadllock/Nemesis user from earlier, you're right that it does depend a bit on who's writing him, but here he's a bit... flippant, I guess. One of Dredd's core attributes is that he's stoic and doesn't suffer fools gladly. Psi Judge Anderson annoys the crap out of him (at a particularly low point he said she had a "defective personality"), but she's one of his best friends and he highly values her courage, judgement and, on some level, her basic compassion. The Warden, on the other hand, has exactly the kind of personality that would drive Dredd to contemplate murder. he's not an unthinking goon, and while he has been trained from birth to serve The Law and is very harsh in is application, he also has a finely tuned sense of justice. He also is perfectly capable of judging when his bosses have gone over the line and has worked both openly and covertly to undermine them when they went too far (Judge Cal when he went insane and started executing citizens, McGruder when she introduced the Mechanismo program - he HATES robo-Judges).

I'll try and find some pages of Dredd talking to different people so you can get some idea of what he's like.

Also, I think the enviromnent should have a small resemblence to scenarios of the real world, but everything looks so demented and distorted, like a Salvador Dali painting or as suggested, a sort of hell with a Terry Gilliam touch.

Pic related.