Swedes will defend this

Did you know that in the 1600 hundreds over 150 000+ Finns died of starvation because of Sweden.

During that time the population of Finland was only just over half a million (500 000) and the Swedes did nothing to help.

Finns had to pay taxes to the crown by giving up butter, flours, furs and other commodities just like usually while simultaneously they were starving to death.

The Finns had to resort to eating seeds, lichen, household animals, and they even made flour out of trees.

How come the biggest famine to hit a single country in Europe is still so unknown by people. And when will the gross and inhumane treatment of the Finns by the Swedes throughout history be regarded as immoral and wrong and condemned by all.

How do you feel about this Sup Forums ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_of_1695–1697

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HErSTSoNGV8
youtube.com/watch?v=wGSL6MkZpvQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

saved

sounds like BS

>Great_Famine_of_1695%E2%80%931697

Maybe because it had a really hard name to remember.

Stop being such a victim. Swedes has it just as bad. They had to eat hay from their beds an leather from their clothes even in stockholm.
Thousands died here too.

Finns should just appreciate that we didn't genocide them.

lmfao

lol finland btfo

>From 1688 onward, Sweden had been affected by early frost and bad harvests. This culminated in the winter of 1695, which was described as the coldest since 1658 and the rye did not flower before July. Because of this, the Great Famine of 1695 is also referred to as Det stora svartåret ("The Great Black Year").[2] The harvest of 1696, furthermore, was reportedly so bad that each farm produced only one loaf of rye bread.
>Outside of Finland, the northernmost provinces of Sweden were the most severely affected. Desperate famine victims from the countryside left for the cities in search for food, especially to the capital of Stockholm, where in the spring of 1697 the streets were reportedly strewn with corpses and people dying of starvation.[2]

How many Swedes died?

Never forget these 1.5 million Finns who Swedes killed. They are gone, now but their memory will never fade. They are immortal in our hearts.

get rekt faggot

"The Great BLACK Year"
based kara boga killing wh*Toids

youtu.be/HErSTSoNGV8
1:29:32

shit-tier meme

Sw*des killed off the native population which was BLACK

Is it true that Swedes used to say something like: "We will defend Swedish lands to the last Finnish man!"?

Why not revolt

there was no concept of finland, it was just called eastern sweden

One thread
>"Finnish subhumans deserve to be subjugated! They should be happy we didn't genocide them!"
Other thread
>"NEVER FORGET STOCKHOLM BLOODBATH! KRISTIAN TYRANN WORST WAR CRIMINAL IN HISTORY! WE WILL GET REVENGE ON YOU DANISH PIGS!"

post the rest please

this

Denmark did nothing wrong. Return to glory when?

You forgot the part where sw*doids theorized Finns were starving to death only to avoid paying taxes.

you tried invading us, D*ne

makes sense, f*Nnoids have always been sneaky and greedy

>tfw you see these you feel bad for Finns

A-am I falling for meme propaganda?

Denmark is an awfully small country these days isnt it

Finns and Poles are professional victims, so yeah.

what is happening in this picture?

Think of Swedes as Albanians of the north

Finland = Swedish clay
Sweden = Danish clay
Ergo
Finland = Danish clay

And yet we still have more arable land than you

Shortly after the great famine which killed a fifth up to a third of the population there was the great northern war and the plague epidemic that wiped out 75% of the population.

Good times to be finnic!

I stand by Finland lad. The only good Nordic country

wtf I hate Swedoids now

based swedes

It's all smokes and mirrors, actually Sweden sent ships packed up with food and wheat to Finland but the ships froze and got stuck on sea because of the cold winter

>1600 hundreds

>Sweden = Danish clay
Explain

Good post.
We need the Kalmar Union to return.

Finn lives matter

and let it be headed by the country of its namesake

He uses Ancient Finnish dating system predating history.

no
even before the autism of kristian ii it was an unstable mess at constant war with itself

Civil war is the best kind of war.

Denmark is the rightful ruler of Scandinavia by grace of God and the Sw*dish usurpers will be brought to heel soon enough

Finland would be NOTHING without us. That famine effected us too if you go ahead and read the wikiarticle you linked.

Finns had it coming after their atrocities in the hyperwar which they conveniently haven't apologized for.

Finns were considered Swedes back then so it was Swedes who died of starvation.

I don’t get this meme. You never conquered Sweden to begin with.

WHY SWEDISH PEOPLE FUCK FINLAND

everyone knows copenhagen is the capital of scandinavia

You know why finns get bullied by swedes?

We never cared about global fame. Finns are a people who never cared if they were the worlds best at something. And when this happened (best education) swedes lost it since they are the definition of pretentious pricks.

What has F*nland ever done for us?

>Finns are a people who never cared if they were the worlds best at something

Hard to care when you never actually win anything, tell me how many olympic gold medals does finland have in hockey?

Finnish soldiers fought to liberate Canada from Japanese rule in the war of 1899

The way i see it is that if you do best we do best since the fennoswedes are the ones who are really running the place

I think Sweden needs some civilising

Case and point.

Thank you my khan

Fuck you England, if it wasn't for you we could have dealt with the fucking Swedes ourselves, but you had to come and steal our fleet you faggots

HAHAHAHAHAHA no.

But I am not Englander

haha
sure you aren't

Also fuck you, you try to fuck with scotland in europa IV but you always fail

And you're not swedish, sure you can't be. They would be a national treasure at this point.

just kidding i love you

>Finns had to pay taxes
For what purpose?

I am fully Swedish with the possible exception of a great great grandparent who might've been finnish

Then why the hostility?

We're practically the same people apart from language.

Half of you consider Swedes to be "le evil imperialists", how can we not be hostile to that?

im not the guy you thought you were talking to
i see finns pretty much as swedes desu

Ah yes, the great Swedish contributions to Finnish economy before 1809. Such as...hmm. Well at least there's... no. But how about... what?

hehe mm

ah yes finland existed before 1809

>Half of you consider Swedes to be "le evil imperialists"

You read too much imageforums. in reality no one cares about you except maybe in a Finland-Sweden cruise. And even that ends in drunken rambling about something completely stupid or it goes to joking about each other.

t: knower

What's this supposed to mean?

Turku and Vyborg were important cities within in the kingdom. Per Brahe founded most of present day towns. I can't understand this butthurt. Sweden was pretty comfy place compared to most of Europe at that time could've been worse

Your population absolutely exploded after we took over, ca 100% increase per century in the beginning

saved

england also helped us defeat the d*Noid navy in the beginning of the great northern war

Normal people tend to be more normal, but when they aren't, like here on Sup Forums, we should have the right to act hostile towards them when they do the same to us

it's true what they say about the eternal anglo...

the english are good lads desu

I feel increasingly angry at the unchecked swedish agression against cute and harmless fins.

The SWEDE chad vs. the virgin fingol

Thank you Bulgaria.
Die, pirate mutt.

don't care

That's due to spreading and larger adoption of agriculture, Pelle. I doubt taxation made people to fug more.

Checkmate, I’m from Örebro

No they aren't, during the Crimean War when we were finally going to reconquer Finland they signed the peace treaty that ended the war before we even joined it and we would never get that opportunity again.

1:01

>Implying you didn't collectively genocide and destroy Finnish culture and heritage
Sw*des truly are disgusting creatures

>That's due to spreading and larger adoption of agriculture
Which only happened thanks to the benevolent Swedes, you were lucky to have us.

>Finnish culture and heritage

Reported to ICE

To not receive protection after 700 years of paying taxes.

Forgot the link
youtube.com/watch?v=wGSL6MkZpvQ

>Oy vey :DDD remember the famine. Swedes are the bad guys! We Finns were simply minding out own business

Are Finns the Jews of Scandinavian?