What would Africa look like today if these guys were still big players?

What would Africa look like today if these guys were still big players?

Portugal is in Spain stupid

It would look and feel like home

I think OP is referring to Angola & Mozambique being Portuguese colonies.

But I do like you're redrawing of the Iberian peninsula's borders...

Portugal kept its colonies bc Bismarck couldnt give a shit about colonization ( "... I am no man for colonies" and " as contemptuous of all colonial dreams as ever."). there is absolutely no way apartheid south africa & rhodesia could have survived but if they did, you d still have an aids epidemic. probably less white flight.

Africa would have been westernized and properly developed instead of falling into the hands of the soviets and now the chinese.

I joined the Canadian Forces infantry a couple days ago.

Today it comes out we are beginning a true African theatre. Announcements to come soon but it will not be considered "peacekeeping" any longer due to what will need to be done.

Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. Mali likely too working with the UN.

South Sudan also a possibility as they are on the verge of civil war.

>t.

It wouldn't be shit, the UN would bitch hard about it, most of Africa would be fed, and the Chinese wouldn't get their greedy mitts all over it.

I drew the picture based on the Portuguese Colonial War. South Africa and Rhodesia were the two only real supporters the Portuguese had. Meanwhile, the United States, the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, China, most North African countries and other sub-Saharan states funded and armed the independents.

based

the man knew to never get involved with niggers, not even to enslave their asses, because sooner or later it bites you in the ass

You won't be going anywhere yet. You've still got BMQ, SQ, and at least DP1 to go through before you're even on the list for consideration. That's about a year's worth of work and training.

Why not Nigeria? It's like an ex-UK colony

Thank you for answering this. I was wondering how long it would take until you're allowed to go on tour. BMQ, then I think dp1 is next right? What is SQ? Soldier qualification? Is that before or after dp1?

If you were able to give me a list in order of how training works or link me to one I would be very appreciative.

Apparently this will be a long stay lasting a few years at minimum.

Based SA. I will always respect you guys.

what was with the short shorts the south africans wore

lol you're so stupid

>Portugal is in Spain stupid
Why am I surprised that americans know nothing about anything outside America?

Is Portugal an island?

europeans don't know anything at all

SHAT IN MART.

Am I doing this right, Anons?

it's fucking hot in South Africa m8

Give us 50 years

Kinda, we have the Azores (You gave you a fucking military base there), and Madeira, but Continental Portugal isnt an island.

Why am I not surprised that Europeans are obsessed with America?

>Soldier qualification
Yep. It's only a few weeks long IIRC. BMQ > SQ > DP1.

BMQ is the longest and the toughest of the four simply because that's where most of the acclimatising to CF life is done.

SQ is only a few weeks long IIRC. It's more or less an extension of BMQ and I'm not sure that everyone goes through it. Highlights include rappelling and the virtual range.

DP1 is the most fun, IMO. Lots of good memories and friends will be made on the course. It's usually done during the summer and takes ~4 weeks - it's your basic occupational qualification course, so you'll be trained to be a proper infanteer. You'll have earned your capbadge after this.

You tried to invade us a shitton of times. We defeated both you and France.

Africa would be able to feed itself and not constantly relying on UN-sponsored welfare.

Spain is bursting at the seams. They'll be lucky if they can hold themselves together for another 50 years, forget Portugal.

If Rhodesia was still around, would tactical shorts be a thing?

Falling for classic bait.

haha portu diaspora, spain will be stronger and completely unified.

Pretty sure I don't qualify as part of their diaspora. I'm only half Portuguese and was raised outside of a Portuguese ethnic neighbourhood. The only thing I've inherited from the Portuguese is Catholicism.

Anyway, it's a pipe dream. The Portuguese have repeatedly told Castile/Spain to fuck off and they've been able to defend their sovereignty through force of arms.

Yet Lisbon is a coon capital these days. It's a shame really, it's a nice city.

Not Rhodesia
I think they were mercenaries in the Congo