How comes that albanians and bosnians are the only people in the balkan who became muslims after 400 years of ottoman...

How comes that albanians and bosnians are the only people in the balkan who became muslims after 400 years of ottoman rule?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devşirme
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cucks

>Bosnians
pls go kys

/thread

Those areas were liberated last and we didn't have time to remove all the kebab from there, because WW1.

Weak cultures, easy to convert.

>albanians
Because Christianity was also forced upon them.

The real question is how come all the women from the Balkans are QT 3.14s.

Isn't that because the Albanian and Bosnian church were weak and semi-heretic?

Albo on vacation. Dunno about Bosnia, but most of us just didn't want to pay taxes for being Muslim.

In the beginning of the Ottoman occupation, many Albanians pretended to be Muslim, but still practiced Christian Catholic rites in secret. Now, Catholics back then had to pay taxes to the Vatican, and by being Muslim to the public, Albanian Catholics avoided both taxes.

At some point the Vatican got word of the Crypto-Christians, and wanted the money , they truly converted to Islam.

This concerning the common folk. As for the feudal lords who converted, they just wanted to have power and influence over the feudal lords who did not convert, and high offices in the Ottoman Empire.

At the end of the day, religion has, in general, never been too much of a big deal for Albanians. Ottoman chronicles report of Albanian jannissaries who went both to Mosques and to Churches.

As for the Bosnians, I don't know and I don't care.

TL;DR Albos wanted to keep what little money they had, and don't give a shit about religion.

Albanians didn't have a separate church.
Bosnian rulers formed some "Bosnian church" which was not really heretic, just their excuse to control the church inside their country.

I wrote this in a hurry, so please forgive the few errors that I have made.

/thread

Heresy. Empty minds just waiting to be filled with faith.

They weren't. Every Balkan country has its share of Muslims. There were once Greek Muslims, and Bulgaria's counterpart, the Pomaks, still actively exist. Funny thing is that Albania, the usual example of a Muslim "European" country didn't (largely) convert to Islam until the later years of Ottoman.

Most Muslim Greeks were exiled from Greece throughout the years. Those from northern Greece went to Albania or Turkey, while the infamous Cretan Muslims have even gone to Arabic countries (as well as Turkey, of course). I've heard that the latter are some of the most ruthless Turk-converts out there, actively hating Greece rather than feeling nostalgic about it.

The ones that do remain in Greece are a small minority in Thrace (not to be confused with the actual Turkish minority of Thrace). They're very okay people and very secular. The Turk-speaking minority is shit though.

because they are a pathetic people

us armenians survived under the rule of these mongol turk goatfuckers for over a thousand years and never abandoned Jesus Christ

fpbp

Bosnians are sellout traitors who abandoned Orthodoxy and their slavic brethren to avoid jizya tax and obtain privileged status with the Ottomans.

Call a Bosniak a "turk" and see how he reacts.

as always, follow the money and you get your answer

In other words you killed them all?

test

No, they were expelled. Everyone expelled Muslims after they would liberate a region. That's why Bosnia is Muslim today, because Serbs from all over would move there after their area would get taken from T*rks.

Albanians get a lot of flak on this board for being Muslims, but the truth is they are very un-Islamic. Albanians love the USA, western values, and Western civilization in general. No other Islamic country yells out "USA! USA! USA" during a visit by an American ambassador or ex-President.

The reality is, though, a lot of them are dirty criminals. I guess it's to be expected from a former Communist state, but more attention should be pointed out to the fact they're drug peddlers and organ harvesters than they are Muslims. I never heard about a single Albanian terrorist attack in the news.

Not really. During the population trades, we gave Turkey Muslims that lived in Greece in exchange of Pontic Greeks, Ionians and Capadocians. Funny thing is, almost no Muslim Greek was actually Turkish or even spoke the language. In a similar but less extreme manner, along with the Capadocians the Christian Turkish-speaking minority of Karamanlides was also bundled. They weren't really Greek, but we had to take them.

they were the most whore-ish?

It really wasn't to controll the church via the state. Bogomilism took a hold of the country because it was so isolated, the capital of Visoki (not sure atm) was completly surrounded with mountians, and Byzantine Orthodox or Catholic Magyar influence was futile.
Even after the spread of the country, the dalmatian and Donji Kraji stayed catholic, and Hum and Zahumlye stayed Orthodox. Only the heart of the country was Bogumil. Ban Kulin used Bogumilism to stay independet of the Pope and Patriarch.
Besides, it was impossible to controll the church when you were the ruler, because there was a court called Svebosna (All-Bosnia) which consisted of Croats, Serbs and Bosnian dukes which could override any king's descion.

albanian / croatian / bosnian boipucci = best boipucci
ottomans had gud tastes

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devşirme
They have only taken young Christian boys for the army and let the other parts of minorities do the trade to tax them later on. They did not force them to Islam as long as they pay their taxes.

Many of the converted Serbs and Croats fled to Bosnia. The descendants of those people still live in Bosnia, there are also many in western Turkey. Converted Bulgarians, Greeks, Romanians etc. mostly fled to Turkey and the remaining muslim population got Christianized.

On the other hand, formerly Christian parts of Albania and Bosnia had a weak Church presence before and after the Ottoman empire. There weren't as many Church officials to bring Christianity back to the converted population as there were in Croatia, Serbia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria etc. Besides, there were simply too many muslims there. The Church simply gave up.

You also have to keep in mind that entire Bosnia and Albania were under Turkish rule for ~450 years compared to ~150 years in parts of Croatia where there weren't that many people to begin with.

Also, this.

According to my countrymen, it was because of tax benefits and sparing themselves from rape and outright butchery.

And most importantly, we were mainly adherents of an extinct Christian sect which was considered as heretical by everyone, including the Muslims, so we had no one to back us up.

keking so hard at these posts
such weak sissy bitches

It took you 70 years to conquer us, even though you've outnumbered us 20:1.

69.5 years was probably trying to navigate that shithole

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

A shithole that had one of the most sophisticated mining industries in Medieval Europe?

the coal is prob from the fossils of the people that tried to navigate the shithole with those weird ass mountains

Funny but no,we've mainly traded in gold, silver, cobalt and high quality iron.Our miners could mine at least 100 meters deeper than the average minder in the Late Middle Ages.

You've actually adopted Bosnian and Serbian mining techniques and laws, it made you filthy rich.

>never abandoned Jesus Christ
Since when Jesus Christ is shaped as a gold coin?

They received benefits from the state, and were considered equals among other muslim subjects.

Ireland adopted christianism pretty quick too

> I never heard about a single Albanian terrorist attack

That's because you aren't looking. They even attacked American soldiers in Germany not to long ago.

Kek

Because the rest of Balkans arent easily cuckable pussy bitches who convert to whatever is convenient to them at the time. Although in Bosna's defense, they didn't have a properly organized church when the Ottomans invaded, they weren't orthodox at the time, they were Bogumil Heretics. And Albanians weren't even a country, just a bunch of tribes, basically Indians, so wasn't that hard to convert them. Anyway, both are traitors to their own religion.