Was it implied that Diablo was some kind of witch/other worldly entity like the enchantress and her brother?

Was it implied that Diablo was some kind of witch/other worldly entity like the enchantress and her brother?

Considering he spoke their language and looked kinda similar to them when he transformed I think so but I'm not sure

It made no sense and there was like 0 foreshadowing but it still kinda worked (I think because El Diablo was the only character with an actual arc)

It was explained like ass but the gist was he was magic, they were magic and meta humans starting to come out of the wood work was a sign that magic shit was going down

I think going forward in the DCEU superpowers in general, or at least naturally occuring ones, are going to be connected do these ancient, inter-dimensional wizard-gods.

Which would be absolutely retarded, but it's the only explanation I could come up with.

I assumed it had to do something with the magic + him becoming some kind of Aztec deity which I think enchantress and her brother are implied to be because of where they were found(can't remember where exactly but I think some kind of Hispanic or Spanish country?)

>Considering he spoke their language
He spoke Spanish

Did he at the end when he said some shit to enchantresses brother when they both got killed? I honestly couldn't remmeber but if he did then oh well.

There's apparently mild foreshadowing because he waves his hand across Boomerang's face and you can see his god form staring from the otherside.
They could'vve easily teased it by having him go more Mr Bonesy in moments when he really uses his powers but not to the point he did in the end.
But other than that the only implication was he thought he was cursed by the Devil.

That was Spanish dude, just in a spooky filter.

He said "You're fucked".

In Spanish.

He said several times that he felt there was something inside him that was the source of his powers. In the comics he is possessed by an Aztec god

>Spoke their language
...he spoke Spanish. Are you stupid?

Ah that must be it then, I speak Spanish(albeit not fluently) and it didn't sound like it at the time so that's why I assumed it was ancient god or whatever.

Spanish in Spain and Spanish in Latin America are the same language but they don't sound the same

don't know much about the character, but how did a explosion kill him, isn't he fireproof?

I don't even think he's dead. Did we see a body? No way is that the last we see of him. He was one of the best characters in the movie.

>Explosions
>Fire

It's because Diablo was heavily implied to be at least descended from Mexicans.
I don't know if this is really the exact quote in the original movie since I watched it with latinamerican dub, but seeing how odd this line was delivered, I will take it as it being the same in the English movie.
He said "ya te chingaste wey", which is translated to "you're fucked".
"Wey" is a way to say "dude" or "buddy" between cholos and teens in Mexico, and "chingar" is a sort of heavy swear word. So maybe that's why it sounded too out of water for you.

You dont know an arc is.

This was a very decent BPRD movie.

This character was so great, lack of foreshadowing of his final form aside.

a character arc. he changed over the course of the film.

I think he just had very little competition in terms of other characters.
Frankly his Final Form is probably what set him over, that and a badass design.

English speaker here. I always used Joder as a substitute for fuck, is that wrong?

It was mexican slang, not really spanish.

That's more of a Spain thing.

Honestly, when Waller was waving her phone around, threatening to activate the insertions, and Diablo's pic wasn't blacked out like Slipknot's, I thought they were foreshadowing that he was alive, and would show up at the very end.
Guess it was just an oversight, though.

You never know. Given he was one of the more well-received parts of the movie, they could call an audible.

I mean, the entirety of BvS' concept is them calling an audible based on response to Man of Steel.

His whife was so thiccccccc

No, at least not in Whiteland nor Dubs-land.

Latinamerica use other conjugations of that word a lot, but not the verb itself. Odd stuff I guess.

When he meets Enchantress in person, she says something to him like "How long have you been able to see?"

Chato Santana is the third El Diablo, they are all possessed by an ancient Aztec demon.

>Enchantress grants him his greatest desire
>includes getting head from his wife

>he spoke their language
He spoke Spanish dude.

He's possessed by a minor demon.

Wait is he related to El Diablo?

Everyone knows Mexican is the language of the devil. This is why we need to build wall in Jesus's name.

Have you ever picked up a bible before?

This desu

>>>/Mexico/

You have to go back.

Would have been nice if they made the effort to have him speak Nahualt, the Aztec language.

>Everyone knows Mexican is the language of the devil

MEXICAN IS MY FAVORITE "LANGUAGE"!

Did no one else get she didn't show them their greatest desires just corruptions of things they kinda wanted? That's why he new it was fake, he didn't want his family back, he wanted to atone for killing them.