So why was he so desperate to rescue Harley?

So why was he so desperate to rescue Harley?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EtJNYXFHn4k
youtube.com/watch?v=35XK-0AB2jc
youtube.com/watch?v=-xswOoUKcg8
youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM
youtube.com/watch?v=jikPDpEUJAw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Those fuckers, my shit" basically.

Pussy.

No, really. It's in the novel. He misses the sex.

Because he was out of character and cared about Harley's safety more then he should have.

Joker entering an area full of magical warfare and government agents to rescue a toy? really?

Because if we properly portrayed him as a toxic asshole, all the new oversensitive critics would've just bashed this for that alone.

Because he's the Joker. Since when does his motive for anything have to make sense?

Because somebody stole his shit. Joker hates to lose.

Because he loves her and she is hot

Where was this guy? When are we getting an Eyeball Guy movie?

because he's THE JOKER BAY-BEE!

Actually, wait, how did Joker come to get such loyal men? I mean, if I were to tell you that the Bloods went under disguise to break into one of the most secure prisons in the world, kidnapped a government scientist, then traveled to a city under government quarantine, and fought soldiers / monsters, you would not believe me, right? You still wouldn't believe me if I replaced the Bloods with the Italian Mafia. Yet somehow the Joker is able to do all that? Honestly disliking the attempts to make the Joker a "worldwide" threat. Keep him street level, pls DC.

>the residents confirmed in the DCEU
Nice

Maybe just different men in the same costumes just like Red Hood

honestly it'd be cuter if Cara played harley and gave the role a little gravitas

also what on earth was with Margot's half-accent that she gave Harley? Why did she only enunciate when saying "puddin" and "mister J" ?

Bad writing. Real Joker would've forgotten she existed like he did after pushing her out of a tall building that one time.

>Real Joker would've forgotten she existed
youtube.com/watch?v=EtJNYXFHn4k

This is what I don't get.

We've seen Joker and Harley allude to being physically intimate time and time again. We've seen Joker get mad when Harley leaves him and try to get her back- a big arc of her 2000 ongoing in Joker trying to win her back when she gets a new boyfriend.

So why is it that suddenly people are ignoring all that and claiming that Joker talking to Harley in any way that isn't slaps to the mouth is completely out of character?

>So why is it that suddenly people are ignoring all that and claiming that Joker talking to Harley in any way that isn't slaps to the mouth is completely out of character?
Beats me.
youtube.com/watch?v=35XK-0AB2jc

>A purple colored scale trenchcoat is the most Joker-like attire Leto wears

My theory is that people got all worked up over N52 Harley being awful and exaggerated how bad her relationship used to be in their heads. They wanted the movie to match up to their headcannons so that all the fans of N52 Harley would be #BTFO

Basically they were retarded.

How does that contradict what I wrote? That scene shows he kicked her out himself and then forgets about it a couple days later, only caring after yelling for her to clean up the place and find his socks for him and then getting pissed off when learning she's doing ok for herself without him.

>Joker is prideful and possessive

wow who would have thought?

He's possessive when it comes to people he controls insulting him by succeeding without him. That's not the same as him feeling the need to rescue Harley from prison. He would just leave her there until she got out on her own.

Lets face it... it's the socks.

This. Go to the scene starting at 4:04, shows he literally abandoned Harley to rot in Arkham and was surprised when she got out and found him again:

youtube.com/watch?v=-xswOoUKcg8

>Because if we properly portrayed him as a toxic asshole, all the new oversensitive critics would've just bashed this for that alone.

This is the true and real answer. Everything that seemed out of place in Suicide Squad did because it was inserted out of fear of what the MCU pandering critics would say

You people think I'm joking when I say MCUcks are everything wrong with comics and comic media in this era? I'm not, and it's completely true

Are we going to have this argument again?

He's a sociopath. He loves her but she's still property to him. He can't tell the difference.

>Eyeball Man gets a high-end figure but Katana and Boomerang only get cheap Mattel toys

They went to considerable lengths to make sure not even the Joker was TOO evil, fearing it could effect the marketability of the characters.

I'm completely pulling that out of my ass, but it's the only explanation I've got for why the movie about bad guys tries so hard to pretend they aren't obviously monstrous.

So the abuse that defines their relationship is heavily downplayed.

>no high-end Katana toy

DON'T YOU TELL ME THIS IS TRUE. I WILL KILL MY FIRST-BORN.

>Harley kicks his face because of her pets

True love indeed

She was preggo with J's babby

I miss this interactions. I mean yeah the relationship was obviously abusive, but even Harley would hit Mister J's shit, so it wasn't her being really that passive about it. They had more than just "the evil boyfriend and the innocent abused girlfriend" to them.

pussy

to piss off Harleyfags who want muh abuse relationship drama early x(

>literally wore the fucking Suit from the Alex Ross Pic with Harley as well as the one he wore in TDKR

Because he loved her.

Deadshot over here just fucking nailed it.

>Deadshot over here just fucking nailed it.
no he didn't, at any point in the movie deadshot fucks harley

fuck this movie

>Real Joker would've forgotten she existed
>Real Joker

Um...
>Because he was out of character and cared about Harley's safety more then he should have.

Actually it was because of editing. The original scenes that were cu had him being abusive to Harley and the helicopter scene was also different because he pushed her out of hit after they had an argument. She was supposed to turn on him to side with the Skwad in the end

I like how if DC is bad its the MCUs fault.

Because the movie would be sexist according to Rottentomatoes and other media if they would show an abusive manipulative relationship in a movie.

Do you really think MCUcks bother with things like "facts" or "watching the movie they both about?"

Joker loves only one thing. And its not Harley

What makes it funny is it was still called that anyway so they may has well have not cut it out. Would have been a better movie for it.

this post can't be real

Because he wanted her back. In the film he actually loved her in his own twisted way.

Because ARGUS had his toy.

Holy shit hahahahahaha

was this before or after he pushed her out of a window and tries to blow her up

Believe or not there was supposed a scene where Joker talks about howich he misses the bat while Harley looks on annoyed.

You mean Joker going to crazy length to do a seemingly stupid thing? There's a lot of wrong things with leto's Joker but this isn't one.

OTP

Joker's not a LOL SO RANDUMB wack job

there is a method to his madness

ivy is asexual

Harley x Ivy shippers are cancer and need to go back to Tumblr

>lesbians
>only Tumblr
Ok

>le tumblr boogeyman
>two hot chicks going at it is now tumblr

ok faggot

"two hot chicks going at it " is literally the epitome or redditshit and embarrassing shit you'd find on your dad's deviantart or whatever. it's way worse.

>your dad's deviantart

Tell me more about it

>Filename

Perfect

Paul Dini confirms it as final destination so hush.

Well he was supposed to.

Cara couldn't act for shit, though. I don't know why she was cast in that role when her past experience is proof of her lack of acting talent.

Harley x Ivy predates all Current Social Media.

Maggie Sawyer girlfriend was in an episode of the Superman series.

DCAU been doing lesbians for decades.

Thats probably right.
The movie probably should have had at least one slap though.

>he felt like it
>because he could
>because he wanted her back at the club
>he needed her for some crazy scheme
>a rare moment of auctual affection
Take your pick

Maybe he would maybe he wouldn't you never can tell.

It was so fucking transparent with the women and children thing sure he sometimes does not kill children but he has never had issue with women.

The funny thing is they did not care at all about making waller sympathetic that scene where she killed all those witnesses in particular i would not put it past her to do that but the scene only existed to show the lengths she would go to.
Even the suicide squad secret origins gave her a sympathetic backstory

making the world smile?

If he needed her for something yea then he'd remember her.

Again like BTAS he couldn't have given a shit after she ran off until the point that she knew where everything was came about and so then he went to get her back.

Their relationship being highly toxic goes all the way back to her inception.

Leto seems to be pushing the angle that Joker is some kinda Anti-Hero. Which is flat out bullshit.

Well if you payed attention to the way he tortured her, and the way he forced her to turn into another joker, and the way he killed that guy that called her a bitch, he obviously sees Harley as his property. He doesn't really care about her, outside of that its his thing, that he made, and other people have it.

>We've seen Joker get mad when Harley leaves him and try to get her back- a big arc of her 2000 ongoing in Joker trying to win her back when she gets a new boyfriend.

READ. COMICS.

He hid something in her body.

Will perform gruesome surgery on her as soon as they get home.

He's a big eye

zeus, pls

The thing is, it did. From everything we saw of the cut scenes and heard from the people who saw the May cut, SS portrayed Harley and Joker as MORE abusive than they traditionally are.

Hm is it better to have a movie where joker is more abusive then he is meant to be or one where he is not abusive enough

Im going to go with the first one is better.

How would you feel if someone stole your punching bag.

Because he wasn't...the re-edit made it appear like that. He actually hated Harley, but since Warner Bros. lacks a good pair of Marvel-Sized Testicles, they cut all that footage out.

>the horrible redubbing in the Helicopter scene
>"THIS BEAN IS BAKED"

What the fuck?

Lucky they edited for Television now. Saves time later.

Because it's his toy and he doesn't want anyone else playing with his toy.

So then why was he actually there in the Helicopter?

Maybe he has great communication skills and builds connections easily???

His henchmen get great benefits like dental.

More likely Warner Bros and Ayer don't understand how DC comics works. Gotham IS a world unto itself.

It was all in Harley's head

That's a good explanation.

Bat Solo film we get footage of the breakout and there wasn't a kiss. Joker just punches her and drags her out.

Aren't most Gotham prisons designed to be broken into, and/or escaped from?

CUZ HE'S DA JOKA BABE
youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM

I would have bought their "romance" if they had a scene similar to this just fucking around Gotham.
youtube.com/watch?v=jikPDpEUJAw
Even then seeing Joker going out of his way for her is weird

By that do you mean everything up to that scene happens as normal? Or all the romanticized Joker scenes happened in her head?

>"mister j" instead of "mistah j"