I am an exchange who just arrived in Sweden. What can I expect? How is culture and social dynamics, behaviour etc?

I am an exchange who just arrived in Sweden. What can I expect? How is culture and social dynamics, behaviour etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BMayAfYlN_k
m.youtube.com/watch?v=J33cwr-rZvM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4sPj8HhbwHs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pochreLwrQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*student*

swedes don't like visitors

where are you staying?

Norrkoping.

Where are you from?

Never been there but it has a big university so there should be a lot of stundent stuff to do, organizations and groups etc, where there is allways an open atmosphere. Where are you from?

norwegian barbarians pillaging the shops for cheap alcohol and tobacco if youre in western sweden

US, Ohio.

should have went to uppsala

if you hear swedish, run for your life

I assume you drink alchohol then. There is a lot of partying in the student world, which is a way to meet people i guess. Swedes aren't as akward as the stereotype would sugest, especially within universities.

Are there any cultural norms, or cultural "taboos" I should avoid?

avpid mgiarnts

muh heritage. Don't make a fool of yourself. Just enjoy your time there as an American

No just be a nice person and people will be nice.

Define "nice".

Nice as in not behaving in a way that people might take offence to, like being rude when uncalled for, starting fights shitting in the streets etc. Basically what nice would be anywhere else

smile at everything, in every situation, no matter what. Euros appreciate that

Report if you see any swedes there. Last time I visited I first thought I took a wrong flight.

I get it, be meek, don't be rowdy and be quiet? How is the PC culture stuff?

>Are there any cultural norms, or cultural "taboos" I should avoid?
Never show any kind of national/ethnic pride or you will get ostracized for being a racist.

You're almost done your journey just head to Norway where you actually want to be

Oh? That is fucked up. So I can't claim that I am proud to be an red blooded american? Shit.

That advice can be given when travelling to almost anywhere in Europe except, perhaps, br*tain and D*nmark where nationalism is still an accepted cancer

I wonder if the darks will be racist towards Finns too, once they are fully assimilated. Would be a laugh.

Dont miss your prayers

this

No just be a normal person. It probably isn't a good idea to shout nigger and stuff like in other countries. If your image of sweden comes from /pol and memes and stuff you will probably be supprised

Tell everyone you love Yung Lean. Swedes love Yung Lean.
You can yell out ICE DROPPING and someone yell back RED BOTTOM SKY!
youtube.com/watch?v=BMayAfYlN_k

honestly just fucking go and talk to people. You won't need a fucking walkthrough on how to interact with swedish people

Just get drunk and don't bring up politics and everything will be fine.

I am open about my opinions, no filter man. I am a bit aggressive too, fonds of bants and shit talking. Is that common any swedes in general?

hello muhammed

don't be an asshole. simple as that

Eh, sounds boring.

Fight with the cops.

(thats why did last time in sweden)

its only a 120 dollar fine so

Out of aaaall the cities with universities.
Well, at least try some snus, if you’re a smoker.

Why? Does it have an nigger infestation?

Small boring.
Should have at least gone to Uppsala because of its location relative to Stockholm or Luleå, Umeå for a new experience.
I heard Lund was Nice too.

Stockholm is boring. There is nothing to do there

Thats how you know Norrköping isnt worth it

So you're the kind of asshole nobody here likes either

Hah, my sister to study in Norrköping.
She came back transgender.

GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY YOU FUCKING NIGGER

Did "she" come there as your "sister" or did she come back as your "sister"?

Don't be loud as fuck, swedes might not say that it annoys them, but it really fucking does. We're like the nips in that aspect, we're pretty silent.

She came there as my sister and she's currently in the delusional stage, not brave enough to transition, so she just circlejerks on tumblr.
I'm just telling ya the universities there are shit, or at least the people are.

He should try it if he is NOT a smoker, you get a much higher effect from the nicotine then.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=J33cwr-rZvM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4sPj8HhbwHs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pochreLwrQs

Mix it up Sweden.

Welcome.

I’m in Linköping.

The only relevant places called -köping is Lidköping and Falköping

Bög

this