This movie's depiction of the zombie apocalypse is scarier than any other I've ever seen...

This movie's depiction of the zombie apocalypse is scarier than any other I've ever seen. We don't see it reach apocalyptic levels on-screen, but the ending makes it clear that it will, and no one will be spared. To recap,
>there's a toxic gas that revives corpses
>it leaks
>all human and animal remains exposed to the gas are revived
>they are as conscious and intelligent as they were when alive
>they feel the most excruciating pain it's possible to feel
>the pain can only be relieved temporarily
>by eating brains
>they eat the brains of people
>thereby killing them
>but they're still revived if they're exposed to the gas
>chopping the bodies up does nothing
>only burning the bodies does anything
>but burning the bodies releases more gas
>a nuke is dropped on the site of the outbreak
>the gas seeps into the air
>the gas rains down on the world
Every single being that has any remains is going to be brought back into an absolute hell on Earth and there is no escape except to burn yourself so much that there aren't even ashes, and even doing that will release more gas and revive more corpses. The only way it could be worse is if the world ran out of incinerators.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FKU9Oihw
youtube.com/watch?v=kzfYuVkMFY0
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZfstcLwSXI
youtube.com/watch?v=6UjT1qodvW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this the one where the paramedics rush to the scene, get attacked by zombies, die, reanimate, and then call for backup so they can eat them too?
Cause that's fucked up

Yes.

i liked it

Still the best fast zombie movie ever made.

It's good, just fucking horrifying.

There should actually be three types of zombies: slower than people, as fast as people, and faster than people.

great movie tar man was legit frightening

I fucking love this movie. You can't convince me that this isn't the best zombie design ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FKU9Oihw
That soundtrack was pretty sweet too

>Send... more... paramedics...

>DO YOU WANT TO PARRRRRRTYYYYYY

>There should actually be three types of zombies: slower than people, as fast as people, and faster than people.
Usually "fast zombies" means "as fast as people". They run instead of shamble. I don't know if there are really any movies where the zombies are FASTER than people.

I dunno, did Anne Rice write any zombie fiction? She likes improbably fast stuff.

If his jaw falls off, he will have literally no way to relieve the horrible pain.

I do not want to party, and I don't think he does, either.

Poor skele

I wanna say that a couple of them did in that Dawn of the Dead remake. I might be wrong, its been forever since i've seen it.
If we ever had a zombie apocolypse, I pray that its the slow shuffling ones. If it isn't, i'm pretty much pic related.

the theme of that movie is unbeliavably awesome and scary

The runners went at a nromal full running sprint. Not teleporting unrealistically at mach speed

if the first ones to go were the fat people then how come a fattie is being chased by a non fat zombie

>I wanna say that a couple of them did in that Dawn of the Dead remake
I think they were just running. There's none of them that seem like they ever exceed human sprinting speed, bar maybe a few jump scares. The problem is, obviously, they probably won't get winded, they'd keep sprinting until the tendons in their legs gave out.

>missing all of his flesh
>still has eyes
>can move with no muscles

Full skeleton zombies make no sense

>the part where the military captures the zombies and tries to weaponize them

> IT'S PARTY TIME

He also doesn't have a digestive system, so I'm not sure what eating brains would do for him anyway. Hell, he doesn't even have muscles, so how is he moving?

Well the zombies just keep running, so they lose weight quickly.

youtube.com/watch?v=kzfYuVkMFY0

Genuinely scary movie

I jerked off to Linnea Quigley in this movie so many times as a kid.

>When shooting Trash's (Linnea Quigley's) grave stone dance, she initially was completely naked and showed pubic hair, as was more the norm in the early 80's. However, producer Graham Henderson visited the shoot that day, and according to himself and others, threw a fit, yelling at Dan O'Bannon that "You can't show pubic hair on television". Dan sent Linnea away and had her completely shaved, which coincidently, Linnea herself found to be the most embarrassing part of the whole thing. Then they did another shoot, to which Graham Henderson cried out "Oh god it's even worse, you can see everything!". At this point they sent Linnea Quigley over to Bill Munz and William Stout, where they made an alginate crotch piece, resembling the bottom of a g-string and glued it on. According to Linnea, this was a bit of a problem, since every time she had to go to the bathroom, they had to remove it. Because of this, there are no shots of Linnea with a completely naked crotch area.

I legit like rotld II almost as much as the first one.
I love the empty city, creepy as fuck.

Oh and the hospital, scares the shit out of me

> Overthinking the ending shot of the movie this hard.

>corpse tied to the table says she can feel herself rotting

If they still rot, at least literally all zombies would die at some point.

If anything is left alive after is a question though. Seeing as the fucking gas itself kills you and turns you into a zombie.

>Full skeleton zombies make no sense
That's where your suspension of disbelief broke down, huh?

>the part where the military captures the zombies and tries to weaponize them
Interetingly, this and Day came out the same year, and both have that theme in common.

I still do.

The only part that still doesn't make sense is that the buried zombies would climb out of their graves. I'm fine with the rest.

The sequels reveal that the zombies are killed by electricity.

Hey, I'm just going by the rules that the movie established for itself. It's a chemical that revived them, not some necromancer magic.

I can believe a corpse being reanimated. I can't believe bones moving around with no assistance.

>sequel
Haven't seen it. Doesn't it retcon the ending of this movie?

We don't know what part of eating a brain relieves the pain. Maybe it's the texture moving through their teeth?

Compared to the first one this movie is ass. 3, 4 and 5 are a lot worse though.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Do you mean the part at the beginning where the guy says the gas was developed by the army?

I don't believe it!

2 actors who died in the first movie come back in the second movie and play 2 totally unrelated characters. Return of the Living Dead II is a fucking mess.

i'm talking about being stuck in those metal contraptions for the rest of eternity without being able to die

Thats only because you failed biology you hawnyawk

No, hes talking about Part III which is cheesy and shit.

Only waifu fags like that movie

Which one had the hot girl zombie that had to keep mutilating herself?

2 was shit but I thought the premise of 3 was kind of interesting. I haven't both to seen 4 or 5 because they are low budget dvd shit.

I first saw this when I was 13-14. This part scared the shit outta me.

I'm pretty sure it was Return 3.

I think I watched part 4 once.
It was awful and has no charm.

If you want to watch a fun zombie movie, watch BIOZOMBIE, its a japanese horror/comedy zombie flick.

I cant remember if the voice dubbed version is better than subtitles though

it's just such an unnerving design

Same, my uncle showed me the movie when I was 5 or 6 and I pissed myself all over his couch.

dubbed japanese shit is only good if they're ghost stories tier

So bummed out when I found out that it wasn't her pussy when she was dancing. It was just a prosthetic

IIRC, they say in the commentary that they eat the brains specifically because of the hormones produced by a gland in there. It essentially acts like morphine, numbing the pain, and getting them high.

>That's where your suspension of disbelief broke down, huh?
I think that's a pretty good point for suspension to break if you ask me.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Its on youtube apparently

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZfstcLwSXI

>horror/comedy

One or the other

i read the cast for biozombie and the names just crack me up
>bie man

I remember watching this for the first time with my stepdad when I couldn't have been older than 10 or 11, and it might just be because we were joking around while watching the movie, but I've always just associated the Tar Man with being funny. Probably also helps that we were watching the edited for TV version on Monstervision.

zombieland was unironically great.

One good turn deserves another, I suppose.

>I think that's a pretty good point for suspension to break if you ask me.
A lot of the others are just as bad. And this is a setting where individual parts can reanimate separate from each other. It's pure fantasy to begin with. Why get hung up on self-imposed limitations for the magic gas?

it's the only good horror genre

>And this is a setting where individual parts can reanimate separate from each other
My zombies need muscles.

That's where I draw the line. I prefer them connected to a nervous system and I don't care if they run off of ATP or not. But my zombies need muscles.

>My zombies need muscles.
Hey user, it's your world, I'm just living in it.

>2 actors who died in the first movie come back in the second movie and play 2 totally unrelated characters. Return of the Living Dead II is a fucking mess.

Unrelated but still basically the same people. I don't know why people are shitting on ROTLD 2. It isn't as good as the 1st but it is still fun and very worth watching. The 3rd is ok but looses most of the humor. The rest are absolute shit.

The two go hand-in-hand.

Did this movie invent the fast zombie?

Yes and it also created the "zombies eat brains" trope. Prior to this they only ate flesh.

Years ago they announced working on Return 4 and 5, and there was a bit of news that made me hypest than anything ever had, or has since. In some article one of the producers was quoted saying the 4 movie was called Necropolis and would be about zombies getting back into the world. Then, and this is the bit that got me, 5 would be called Batallion, and he described it as "Band of Brothers with Zombies." BAND OF BROTHERS WITH ZOMBIES, GUISE, DO YOU REALIZE HOW AWESOME THAT WOULD'VE BEEN.

Instead we got Rave from the Grave.

>mfw

tom savini is remaking nightmare city
maybe after how many years its been since it was announced he can make those ones?

>no nervous system
>no pain

>zombies getting back into the world
While they're in constant pain?

Have a fucking (you) for mentioning the most kino of japstick zombie movies. Sushi boy lives!!!

>OHHH I LIKE IT SPOOKY!

The way he moves and sounds was so fucked up. I love Return of the Living Dead. Somehow it not taking itself as seriously as NOTLD makes it 100x scarier.

Are the dead still "living" if they are burnt to ashes? Are they still aware, but forever unable to move or do anything?

wut

youtube.com/watch?v=6UjT1qodvW8

Why must she be so hot?

PPPPAAAAARRRRRTTTYYYYYYYYYY

What's wrong with you? Show some fuckin' respect for the dead.

That's Day of the Dead.

Return of the Living Dead III is better though

fuck off waifu-nigger

I think I saw part 4, was it the one that had a big rave at the end? I think the whole movie revolved around this rave.

I don't give a shit about waifus, it's good because of Yuzna and Screaming Mad George are geniuses.

3 is poopy

day of the living dead is the best,this is in the top 3

I'm watching the second movie right now. I like that they essentially brought back the two leading men from the first movie and reincarnated them.

The second movie is really fun. I love it.

So... exterminatus?

Some fun lore:

The embalmer is a ex nazi, or nazi sympathizer.
There are many subtle hints

It shows the chemical seep into their graves, hence the reanimation.

What the hell was with the second one? Halfway through some old jew with bad jokes entered the plot for no reason. It felt like a producer wrote himself into the movie.

I liked him.

5 was Rave to the Grave. Apparently they turned the trioxin into a party drug...

>day of the living dead

I must have skipped 4 then. Probably for the best.

is there anymore of a pleb statement than this. the best horrors are horror/comedies.

It's pretty sad that the creators of both series are now dead. George Romero with the Dead series and Dan O'Bannon with the Living Dead. Who's going to make zombie kino now?

Zack Snyder, Zombie Extraordinaire!