DC 2017

*Greg Rucka's throwing a lot of weight around, quickly making everyone hate his guts. In particular, all of the other writers must now get his approval for anything Wonder Woman related and that as such, plans to decipher Donna Troy and her backstory are now off-limits. The only compromise DC could squeak out between Abnett and Rucka is that Rucka can ignore what the Finches wrote regarding Donna but he can't really establish a new origin for Donna until Rucka is gone, creates one himself, or gives Abnett permission to do so. This is the main reason WHY they had to change the plot of the next couple of Titans issues, as Abnett was going to lay the groundwork for retconning Donna back to her Titans of Myth origins and lead to a storyline where the Titans of Myth come back with more Star Children to try and conquer Earth.

*Another reason people are hating Rucka's guts: he's openly politicking to steal Harley Quinn from Amanda Connors. DC may eventually have to cave to Rucka, so they are basically trying to offset things by offering Connors a Justice League International ongoing, under the notion that Connors could make the book a commercial success and allow them a means to boost Blue Beetle's Hitch's JLA's sales

*DC is planning Red Dawn as their next big crossover, for 2017. Pretty much EVERY DC book will have mandatory tie-ins and publication schedules will be coordinated to make this happen.

*The plot of Red Dawn is still being worked out, but it will be similar to Forever Evil in that the Big Guns will be taken out by the Red Lanterns early on. The plan currently, is that the book will feature a slew of "lost" heroes reappearing to stop the Red Lanterns. In particular, the JSA will make their triumphant return in this arc.

*There is also talks about rebranding John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"; giving him a yellow power ring to ensure fans stop hating on him for upstaging Hal and giving him his own book to try and relaunch a new space theme subline.

Nigga', you better provide source, or nobody cares.

>we already know the next big crossover is about Dr. Manhattan
>OP claims it's Red Lanterns
lol

Implying Greg Rucka won't throw a hissy fit and quit in 6 months.

>DC may eventually have to cave to Rucka

Why? Harley sells more than Diana does, currently.

>*Another reason people are hating Rucka's guts: he's openly politicking to steal Harley Quinn from Amanda Connors. DC may eventually have to cave to Rucka, so they are basically trying to offset things by offering Connors a Justice League International ongoing, under the notion that Connors could make the book a commercial success and allow them a means to boost Blue Beetle's Hitch's JLA's sales

BASED RUCKA
A
S
E
D

Will we see Milestone again ?

I just want the Legion back. Just don't give it to Levitz or Hickman. Also Shazam and JSA

Who cares?. Conner & Palmiotti off Harley is good news

Supposedly were gonna have Wildstorm and Milestone announcements at NYCC

The next big crossover is going to be about Harley Quinn. She is going to be the one to kill Dr. Manhattan and steal his powers.

*"John Stewart: Yellow Lantern" would be one of the books launched out of Red Dawn if it gets approved, along with a new Omega Men book and a new Starman book that would feature Will Peyton as the Golden Age Starman's illegitimate son and basically turn Will into a replacement for Jack Knight, as far as outright replacing Jack in DC canon since they can't use him.

*Superboy Prime is going to be the "powerless" Clark Kent. He's still an asshole but is now on a leash due to him knowing about Dr Manhattan (who freed him and believes that he succeeded to kill him when he realized that Prime is a jerk) and pretending to be powerless so that Manhattan doesn't try and kill him. He's going to be pretending to be Clark for the evilulz but quickly fall in with Lex when Lex learns the truth about Post-Crisis Superman to mess with Clark's head.

*New 52 Lois's big revelation before her death hasn't been decided upon yet. It was tossed in as a red herring by Bob Harras (who has a history of doing similar stuff with Spider-Man and X-Men) but nothing has been decided yet for what it was Lois realized.

*Jonathan Hickman submitted a pitch for DC for a Legion ongoing, which was rejected when Paul Levitz was allowed to read it and basically shat bricks at some of the stuff Hickman wanted to do. Hickman made the pitch with DC having an eye towards relaunching Legion as a "Young Animals" book (mainly as the centerpiece of a second wave of Young Animals titles) but since Levitz has friends at DC and considers Legion his baby, Hickman's grim and gritty Legion is a no-go.

*The pitch, in particular, had among other things: Brainiac 5 going evil, several major Legion members dying (including the founding three), some risky sex stuff, and Mon-El's entire backstory getting the "Anatomy Lesson" treatment as far as revealing he was never from the 20th Century and was created by Brainy.

*There are talks about reviving Brave and the Bold, as a Nightwing/Wally West team-up book

Dogfucker is gonna headline a DC event

This is Amamzon Attacks all over again.

Yeah and they made Conner and Timms exclusive because Harley is DC's fourth pillar lol

We were always going to get something before that. The Manhattan thing is in two years not one year. But I don't believe the red lanterns part. That seems dumb and even Green Lanterns itself doesn't seem to be building toward it and it's the only book with them.

>but quickly fall in with Lex
At first I read this as "quickly fall in love with Lex"

It's the fact that this might be true that makes me sad.

Is Rucka always an insufferable cunt?

>Superboy Prime is going to be the "powerless" Clark Kent. He's still an asshole but is now on a leash due to him knowing about Dr Manhattan (who freed him and believes that he succeeded to kill him when he realized that Prime is a jerk) and pretending to be powerless so that Manhattan doesn't try and kill him. He's going to be pretending to be Clark for the evilulz but quickly fall in with Lex when Lex learns the truth about Post-Crisis Superman to mess with Clark's head.

This is how I know it's a lie

It will never be Prime Time again ;_;

Red Dawn is a stop-gap event tossed into existence when DC decided to drag out the confrontation with Manhattan. Also, in a bid to recapture the lightning in the bottle that was Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night with the Green Lantern books, who's sales collapse has been a major issue within DC.

The Manhattan arc will be advanced with the return of the JSA during Red Dawn, since they and the Titans were the only active super-hero teams on Earth at the time Flashpoint happened. There is a reason WHY the Titans got fucked hard by Manhattan and why the JSA were flat out purged from the timeline and why Wally in particular was singled out for unperson status. They were the ones who stood against Manhattan when he put time in the blender and were singled out for special retribution as a result.

>a new Omega Men book

Yeah, I doubt this is real.

That said, I'm surprised of how much of a control freak Rucka is. Is he really that good that DC will cater to him?

>*There is also talks about rebranding John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"; giving him a yellow power ring to ensure fans stop hating on him for upstaging Hal and giving him his own book to try and relaunch a new space theme subline.
What the fuck? That doesn't make a goddamn bit of sense

because op didn't think this out very well

>along with a new Omega Men book and a new Starman book that would feature Will Peyton as the Golden Age Starman's illegitimate son and basically turn Will into a replacement for Jack Knight
clearly both of OP's posts are entirely lies

Yeah. You'd think John would go Blue or Indigo.

I like the idea of superboy prime having an important part to play, but this really sounds like that gentry pasta that was going around a few weeks before rebirth first came out.

Rucka must have some very incriminating pictures of DC top brass.

Rucka wants to do something new and since Harley is the newest superstar at DC, as well as being one of the main Batman characters he hasn't done much with, that he feels "entitled" to her. Especially since he's still bitter at DC for the Earth One debacle and made it clear that his return to DC hinges entirely on him getting the Bendis treatment, where basically he is NEVER told no and all of the other writers have to do as he says/that he can veto them or outright ignore them if he feels like it.

Because the Sinestro book sold for 2 years

>plans to decipher Donna Troy and her backstory are now off-limits

lol yessss

why the hell would Rucka want Harley?

and Red Dawn is like literally happening right now

>his return to DC hinges entirely on him getting the Bendis treatment, where basically he is NEVER told no and all of the other writers have to do as he says/that he can veto them or outright ignore them if he feels like it

That seems like a recipe for favoritism and bad writing.

It's supposed to be all the writers being on an equal field, with the editor in charge making final calls.

>*Jonathan Hickman submitted a pitch for DC for a Legion ongoing, which was rejected when Paul Levitz was allowed to read it and basically shat bricks at some of the stuff Hickman wanted to do. Hickman made the pitch with DC having an eye towards relaunching Legion as a "Young Animals" book (mainly as the centerpiece of a second wave of Young Animals titles) but since Levitz has friends at DC and considers Legion his baby, Hickman's grim and gritty Legion is a no-go.
I know all of this is bullshit, but I hope this is true. The world doesn't need another shitty, dark, Legion run.

While I think one of the lanterns should spend some time in another corps from crowding like when Guy went Red.
John going Yellow makes little sense unless it's a "Let's go undercover plot!"
John going blue would be most preferable.

> In particular, all of the other writers must now get his approval for anything Wonder Woman related

Considering how shit Wonder Woman has been in everything outside the Azzarello run, i'm okay with this.

Most of this sounds like the the bullshit "Wally will come back with the JSA in Jay's role" fanfic that was posted a few months ago.

>The pitch, in particular, had among other things: Brainiac 5 going evil, several major Legion members dying (including the founding three), some risky sex stuff, and Mon-El's entire backstory getting the "Anatomy Lesson" treatment as far as revealing he was never from the 20th Century and was created by Brainy.

And this is really and not really believable even from Hickman. I can't imagine anyone who is a Legion fan actually suggesting any of this.

>it's another user doesn't get that Hickman was joking post
Why is OP so stupid? The man's recent talk about creator-owned work made it quite clear that's all he wants to do right now.

In the works but plans have taken a hit due to Christopher Priest (who was hired back with the intent to secretly manipulate him into writing the characters full-time) refusing to have anything to do with them and actively threatening to kill/rape/maim them in Deathstroke if they try and force him to write any of them. Which he can do, as like Rucka, Priest made damn sure to get rather large scale creative freedom to come back to the company.

Which means if DC doesn't play the situation correct, Static Shock, Icon, and co might only come back to be killed off for good.

Yes, YES! Rucka, take Harley away from those two, you have my support

Yeah, optimism is part of the appeal.

Tho Legion being wild and in the Young Animal line sounds rad af

I don't think he'd kill a bunch of people and make Brainy evil either.

>*There are talks about reviving Brave and the Bold, as a Nightwing/Wally West team-up book

This tho! *chief kisses fingers*

>John going Yellow makes little sense unless it's a "Let's go undercover plot!"
which was what Guy was doing with the Reds initially, that would be dumb to rehash it with John

John as a yellow makes zero sense, Hal and Simon are most closely associated with Yellow anyway and Guy is the one that used to use the yellow Qwardian ring. making John yellow isn't getting him out of anybody else's shadow or doing anything unique with him

The last part would be fucking hilarious

And OP just reached too far and revealed that he's full of shit. From an interview with Priest:

>As a Milestone fan, I want the back catalogue readily available. I know that is something you guys have said will happen. But I think the bigger concern is growing new talent, like Milestone originally did with John Rozum, J.H. Williams, John Paul Leon, ChrisCross. What kind of processes are you guys implementing to try and bring up the next generation? Because if we still continue to feel under-represented it 25 years later, how do you guys feel like you can personally tackle that?

>Priest: I don’t know. What I’m doing with Milestone is I’m kind of playing a Geoff Johns [creative executive] role. I’m not specifically writing a comic book. I am doing some writing that I can’t announce yet because you got creative and you got business. The creative is solid. We’re good. Jim Lee, Reginald Hudlin, Denys Cowan… we all love each other. It’s this pesky business stuff that I have no idea what that is or what’s going on with that.

>But what I understand is Reginald probably has a closet full of submissions in. People who are trying to work with us and things like that, that are going on. He’s very interested in new talent and that’s basically the impetus that brings him into this.

Yessiree, he sure does want nothing to do with Milestone!

It's his swan song. After Red Dawn, there is going to be a new Green Lantern writer.

Prime coming back as a Superdick version of Clark Kent was one of Geoff's ideas he came up with on his way out the door. Basically "redeem" Prime by forcing him to pretend to be Clark and slowly grow into the role of a hero dealing with Lex and his schemes.

I'm trying to figure out the point of Anatomy Lessoning Mon-El. Like Brainy made a Computo that worked before Computo?? And never told anyone?? and sent him back in time to be a hero???? and it removes all of his loner/man out of time stuff. it's like turning Captain America into a robot Tony made

>Greg Rucka's throwing a lot of weight around, quickly making everyone hate his guts. In particular, all of the other writers must now get his approval for anything Wonder Woman related

Not likely. The WW book is being run by the batbook editors. So in other words, the other editors aren't going to go to their rivals to get approval on anything. OP doesn't know what he is talking about.

Can your opening act also be your swan song?!??

Humorless Cunt Greg Rucka to write Harley Quinn

I'd believe Mark Waid coming back first before I believed this.

>fan-fiction: the thread

everyone go home.
none of this is real

DC has wanted to capitalize on Starman for ages but have been handcuffed due to the agreement made with Robinson to not let anyone touch Jack Knight after the series ended. Rebirth is going to let them basically say Jack was erased from canon/retcon Will Peyton as Ted's kid, and basically redo the series with a character they can actively use.

The Yellow ring is more iconic and Indigo/Blue are support rings not offensive weapon rings.

>Red Dawn is the title of the current Green Lanterns arc
Come on OP

Well now we know this whole thread is a lie because Priest himself has proven you wrong. He sounds like he's pretty involved editorially rather than "refusing to have anything to do with them". From SDCC:

>I have to ask about Milestone Media, which was announced as coming back last year.

Priest: Yes. I’m meeting with the guys on Sunday.

>Who are the guys?

Priest: Oh. Reginald and Denys.

>As a Milestone fan, I want the back catalog readily available. I know that is something you guys have said will happen. But I think the bigger concern is growing new talent, like Milestone originally did with John Rozum, J.H. Williams, John Paul Leon, ChrisCross. What kind of processes are you guys implementing to try and bring up the next generation? Because if we still continue to feel under-represented it 25 years later, how do you guys feel like you can personally tackle that?

Priest: I don’t know. What I’m doing with Milestone is I’m kind of playing a Geoff Johns [creative executive] role. I’m not specifically writing a comic book. I am doing some writing that I can’t announce yet because you got creative and you got business. The creative is solid. We’re good. Jim Lee, Reginald Hudlin, Denys Cowan… we all love each other. It’s this pesky business stuff that I have no idea what that is or what’s going on with that.

But what I understand is Reginald probably has a closet full of submissions in. People who are trying to work with us and things like that, that are going on. He’s very interested in new talent and that’s basically the impetus that brings him into this.

No!, Let me believe! I want Palmiotti off Harley

At least Hickman was finally gonna embrace the 31st Century sexual options that Legion should have

but then you don't get to make fun of it

So Dogfucker is going to write a single 2 year long arc?

That book sales is going to go in the shitter faster than a prom night baby.

JUST MOTHERFUCKING BRING BACK DARKSTARS OR SOMETHING, JESUS!

John Stewart as a Yellow Lantern is fucking stupid. He never messed with the ring before and fear doesn't suit him.

The whole deal with John is that he's a believer. He'll delve into things and immerse himself too much into what he's doing. It would made much more sense if he was a Blue Lantern or something.

Waid coming back might actually happen. Why else would he tweet they were having dinner? Something is up.

Begging Waid to write Man of Steel 2

The plan is that John gets the ring because of the whole "Blowing up Xanishi" stuff. IE the rest of the universe fears and hates his guts because of how he arrogantly trapped Martian Manhunter into a cage because he thought he was better than MM and ended up getting an entire planet full of people killed.

The idea is that DC knows only social justice warrior types likes John but they can't sell him to casual white fans. So they are going to try and embrace the hate angle, but in outer space so that they don't have to worry about the social justice "hate whitey" angle driving away fans like it does in the Marvel books.

When Hickman was asked to pitch Legion, he was told he could create his very own version of the group, not bound by previous incarnations. Hence him wanting test tube Mon-El and Evil Brainy and dead Imra, Garth, and Rok.

And evil Brainy is because Hickman is a huge fan of the infamous Legion storyline were Brainy went evil and he wants to bring the character back to that period characteristic-wise.

Stop this. Nobody fucking believes you, dude.

What are Rucka plans for Harley if DC gave in?

Priest is spinning and playing the PR game. He doesn't want to alienate the black community/SJW types (who can ruin him with accusations of being an "Uncle Tom") by telling them he wants nothing to do with black super-heroes/being pigeonholed once again as only writing black characters.

Priest is pretty red pill. He finds social justice warriors and their ilk a cancer on comics and hates their guts.

>Brainy went evil

that's not even the story line

and why would he want his own version? all the fun of Legion is the history. and he's on record as a huge fan of the Levitz run. otherwise you can do a creator owned sci fi book.

also i demand more details this is great.

Brainy didn't go evil though. Try not making shit up for franchises you're not familiar with famalam.

>still trying to do after being proven as a phony by and

>The idea is that DC knows only social justice warrior types likes John but they can't sell him to casual white fans.
DCAU fans are all SJWs now, are they

Enough.

Holy shit you're insane.

>can't sell him to casual white fans

what is jlu

what the hell are you talking about "in outer space so they don't have to worry about sjws"

tho it all being going back to "Blowing up Xanishi" stuff is pretty credible and believable of DC

you already fucked up m8, just stop posting

Basically Mon-El was created in a 30th Century lab by Brainy as a new member of the Legion and that Brainy fucked with everyone's memories to "insert" Mon-El onto the team with his (now) fake backstory about being stuck in the Phantom Zone for 1000 years by Superman.

Basically recycling the fan theory about Laura Gand from the 90s (where she was a Brainiac 5 created clone of Supergirl who he created on the downlow) the same way other Legion fans turned writer have recycled similar theories in the book (like Garth being Proty, Element Lad being gay).

But i'm white and i love John Stewart. Hal Jordan is obnoxious, especially after Johns. It's always THE GREATEST GREEN LANTERN OF ALL TIME with him.

DC trying to get Priest to secretly be in charge of all their black books but him not wanting to is a hilarious image tho OP

>telling them he wants nothing to do with black super-heroes/being pigeonholed once again as only writing black characters.

this is great, like he's not openly said that shit as recent as SDCC

90% of that actually sound awesome, too bad its fanfiction bullshit...

user Priest doesn't care about those people

He straight up said he said yes to writing Deathstroke because Slade isn't black.

How is there a 21st century record of the dude?!
Why even do this? What's the point!??!
What about Phantom Zone people?

Crime noir. Harley as a shrink to the super-villain community who makes money treating Batman's villains for their mental disorders. Her and Joker interacting a lot, with sexual tension galore and Poison Ivy as a morally ambiguous figure who you don't know if she truly loves Harley or is only with her because she wants to torment the Joker and prove she's a superior villain by stealing his moll.

Brainy went insane evil and the whole storyline was so widely reviled by Legion fans that they spent years trying to undo it with several retcons in order to reset the status quo and make Brainy good again/blame everything on Pulsar Stargrave.

It's one of the reasons why DC has been dragging their asses on the DC Archive series, as they are fast approaching that period (#244-280) where that arc played out and are afraid the die-hards won't buy the overpriced hardcovers containing that arc.

>Crime noir. Harley as a shrink to the super-villain community who makes money treating Batman's villains for their mental disorders. Her and Joker interacting a lot, with sexual tension galore and Poison Ivy as a morally ambiguous figure who you don't know if she truly loves Harley or is only with her because she wants to torment the Joker and prove she's a superior villain by stealing his moll.

I approve.

>Brainy went insane evil and the whole storyline was so widely reviled by Legion fans that they spent years trying to undo it with several retcons in order to reset the status quo and make Brainy good again/blame everything on Pulsar Stargrave.

this is the first i've ever heard of any of this. also archives have been dead since like 2013 and it ain't cause of the legion

>Hickman's grim and gritty Legion is a no-go.
I know none of this is likely true but just in case.....thank fuck for Paul Levitz if this is true. No one wants fucking dark and gritty LoSH.

The Legion line has long been dead. They drug their feet mightly on getting the last volume out

A lot of JLU fans are SJW types who use that to justify wanting John pushed and the white Lanterns done away with.

Basically all present day Mon-El stuff would be ignored for the sake of the storyline.

>There is also talks about rebranding John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"; giving him a yellow power ring to ensure fans stop hating on him for upstaging Hal and giving him his own book to try and relaunch a new space theme subline.

So they want to piss off all the current Quinn readers.

I want Cucka to go and stay gone.

Is Rucka becoming the Anti-Bendis?

>Fixing Wonder Woman
>Re-establishing Donna Troy with a clear backstory
>stealing Harley from that SJW cow Conners

>Levitz crashed his own run with death and gore so that no one could ever try grimdark Legion again

truly a hero

>implying that shit is bad

It the best shit that Harley would get if it were true

Holy shit get a life OP

But why is "Prez" gone?

>falling for it

You mean Cucka who got triggered over Frank Cho, and writes nothing but Lesbians fighting evil men.

Hes an arsehole about it but they really should have given him earth one

Fuck off, namefag.

It is bad.

honestly Year One might ultimately turn out better for him. In canon origin for one thing. and no one gives a shit about the Earth One books.

because it's shit and everyone hated it

>*Greg Rucka's throwing a lot of weight around, quickly making everyone hate his guts. In particular, all of the other writers must now get his approval for anything Wonder Woman related and that as such, plans to decipher Donna Troy and her backstory are now off-limits. The only compromise DC could squeak out between Abnett and Rucka is that Rucka can ignore what the Finches wrote regarding Donna but he can't really establish a new origin for Donna until Rucka is gone, creates one himself, or gives Abnett permission to do so. This is the main reason WHY they had to change the plot of the next couple of Titans issues, as Abnett was going to lay the groundwork for retconning Donna back to her Titans of Myth origins and lead to a storyline where the Titans of Myth come back with more Star Children to try and conquer Earth.

eh, i'm okay with this

>*Another reason people are hating Rucka's guts: he's openly politicking to steal Harley Quinn from Amanda Connors. DC may eventually have to cave to Rucka, so they are basically trying to offset things by offering Connors a Justice League International ongoing, under the notion that Connors could make the book a commercial success and allow them a means to boost Blue Beetle's Hitch's JLA's sales

this sounds better, actually

>*DC is planning Red Dawn as their next big crossover, for 2017. Pretty much EVERY DC book will have mandatory tie-ins and publication schedules will be coordinated to make this happen.

ew, no

>*There is also talks about rebranding John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"; giving him a yellow power ring to ensure fans stop hating on him for upstaging Hal and giving him his own book to try and relaunch a new space theme subline.

I'm sure the johnfags will love him joining the evil lanterns

the floppies sold like ass and the trade did too

Nah. Give me one reason why is bad

Weak bait.

the hero we need

>There is also talks about rebranding John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"; giving him a yellow power ring to ensure fans stop hating on him for upstaging Hal and giving him his own book to try and relaunch a new space theme subline.
I almost belived you until this

>*"John Stewart: Yellow Lantern" would be one of the books launched out of Red Dawn if it gets approved, along with a new Omega Men book and a new Starman book that would feature Will Peyton as the Golden Age Starman's illegitimate son and basically turn Will into a replacement for Jack Knight, as far as outright replacing Jack in DC canon since they can't use him.

don't see this happening

>*Superboy Prime is going to be the "powerless" Clark Kent. He's still an asshole but is now on a leash due to him knowing about Dr Manhattan (who freed him and believes that he succeeded to kill him when he realized that Prime is a jerk) and pretending to be powerless so that Manhattan doesn't try and kill him. He's going to be pretending to be Clark for the evilulz but quickly fall in with Lex when Lex learns the truth about Post-Crisis Superman to mess with Clark's head.

i could see this

>*New 52 Lois's big revelation before her death hasn't been decided upon yet. It was tossed in as a red herring by Bob Harras (who has a history of doing similar stuff with Spider-Man and X-Men) but nothing has been decided yet for what it was Lois realized.

this sounds like a very DC thing to do

>*Jonathan Hickman submitted a pitch for DC for a Legion ongoing, which was rejected when Paul Levitz was allowed to read it and basically shat bricks at some of the stuff Hickman wanted to do. Hickman made the pitch with DC having an eye towards relaunching Legion as a "Young Animals" book (mainly as the centerpiece of a second wave of Young Animals titles) but since Levitz has friends at DC and considers Legion his baby, Hickman's grim and gritty Legion is a no-go.

sigh...

>*There are talks about reviving Brave and the Bold, as a Nightwing/Wally West team-up book

fuck you