"Hey Puss, she even really exist?"

>"Hey Puss, she even really exist?"

There will NEVER be another show like this, it's simply perfect.

All these years later and still nothing has even come close.

Yes, this is a Sopranos thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-cOX1vhbVW8
youtube.com/watch?v=VgBD94cs0T8
youtube.com/watch?v=TuJxsLE7Dgc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Breaking Bad and The Wire were each slightly better.

Still a great series tho

Mad Men is comparable

Sopranos has better writing, acting, direction, editing than both but ok

Only slightly unintelligent plebs like Breaking Bad.

Its pretty shit when a tasteful viewer analyzes it.

agreed

you know Quasimodo predicted all this

Breaking Bad was a flashy Sopranos without the depth.

reddit

Sup Forums

Post the vito pic

Name a bigger cunt, I'll wait.

SACRE BLEU, WHERE IS MI MAMA

In terms of smart writing, The Wire and Mad Men get close, but comparing them together doesnt make much sense.

Mad Men tackled the emotions of men and women and how that connects to the workplace and vice versa.

The Wire was a look into a city, and all its inner workings, the government, the police, the drugs, the blue collar workers, and gave a balanced opinion on all of if.

Sopranos was more of a look into both the emotions of the people who work in the mob and the city and country and its inner workings and how it impacts the people.

>there will be another tv show as good as The Sopranos.

Makes me feel a little sad.

What did he mean by that?

The Sopranos came out when this place didn't exist. Any new show, no matter how good it is, will be looked at by Sup Forums through the lenses of memes and politics.

Twin Peaks is on the way.

top 5 line of the show, it tied up the whole season together, terrifying. the other 4 are:
>we shoulda stop at roy rogers
>i was distracted, i'm takin' a mulligan
>this system's got no balls
>why not, last year you believed there was a flying saucer over east rutherford.

How is it any different if you watch a show from 10 years ago or a show from 1 year ago? If someone sees the Sopranos for the first time today it will still just be a great show you dingus.

>tfw started watching Sopranos reruns on A&E as a kid
>tfw got really into it but all the big moments were spoiled for me because they'd just show the finales and character-death episodes on the reruns
>tfw I'll actually never know what it would feel like to watch through the whole series unspoiled

It's one of the most rewatchable shows of all time so I still enjoyed the fuck out of it, and still do, but I'll never know that virgin feeling.

Eric Andre disrespected his sauce.

youtube.com/watch?v=-cOX1vhbVW8

It has the kino seal of approval.

Perfect my balls.

>two and a half seasons too long
>too many writing fuckups trying to manufacture drama
>bullshit ending trying to hedge for a movie
>bullshit lead up to end trying to desperately wrap up everything like a tornado going down a grocery list
>bullshit heavyhanded "metaphor"

It was still pretty great, but pretty fucking far from perfect.

>bullshit ending trying to hedge for a movie

Are you retarded?

>is this prick really even a doctor? close, I'm a prick doctor.
>he took off like a bat on a hill
>she was abusive to da staff
>a captain who owns luxury hotels or something. i don't know
>that camel nose fuck

Are you choking on Chase's cock?

Read his interviews after the series ended. He kept hyping the ambiguity and complaining about people who wanted Tony dead. Any question about a movie was evaded with a hint. Only after Gandolfini died did Chase say anything definitive.

Chase was sick of the media frenzy surrounding the show by the end. If he'd ever planned a Sopranos movie he would have done that instead of making a movie about his high school garage band. Do you actually think the cut to black was a cliffhanger to set up a movie?

You forgot Oz

Have you heard the news?

Isn't that numale tripe?

>Sopranos movie

I wish

DON'T STOP

This thing of ours...

Is there anything that can come close to it? I wanna watch something, but everything just pales in comparison. mentioned Mad Men. What about Boardwalk Empire? Is it any good?

BELIEVIN

First two seasons of Boardwalk are good.

Wire and Six Feet Under are both noticeably better.

Breaking Bad didn't have the depth and character development on a whole as Sopranos. The Wire had some inconsistent seasons.

Generation Kill
Wolf Hall
Show Me A Hero
Peaky Blinders is low-bro in comparison but it's fun.

Boardwalk as a whole is very comfy but if you want something on the level of sopranos then stick to the first two seasons. If you like it keep watching but know that it gets a lot sillier after that

Was Hank based off of Tony? They both had similar temperaments and panic attacks.
Tony is such a father worshipper that he may have even followed a DEA dad as well.

mad men is on par if not slightly better however it's not abut crime or gangsters. i cant really explain what it's about, it's just good

She's pretty much a female Tony, though.

You take that back

Lynch is great and hipsters pretend to understand him when there is nothing to be understood.

Breaking Bad is not on the level of any of those classic 00's HBO shows. Most overrated shit ever, especially the later seasons which basically turned into criminal Macgyver. The Wire is good but not as good as The Sopranos. Too many bad plotlines and the writing just wasn't as good. The Sopranos did more show and The Wire did more tell by having the characters just say out of character wise things acting as a mouthpiece for the show's writer.

DragonBall and Bubblegum Crisis were much better than this dreck, I hate Italians

that he's the best character coming through and that the entire series led up to that moment

And yet none of them were better written than Deadwood and anyone who argues otherwise is a fucking cocksucker.

Fuck off

Deadwood doesn't get enough love. Boardwalk is solid but the missed potential makes it frustrating to watch. Not as good but House of Cards S1 is worth watching.

I'd say the Sopranos is very slightly better than Mad Men but it's still a great show and if you like one you'll like the other
Also I almost never see this brought up, but if you're not that keen on the first and/or second episode of Mad Men then watch until the end of episode 3 before dropping it completely

Breaking Bad had good suspense and served as a dark and fun revenge fantasy for the first viewing.
The Sopranos is full of god tier dialogue that can be enjoyed indefinitely.
I'm glad I watched BrBa first because I got to experience two shows being GOAT.

Is Mad men good?

boardwalk empire is a show where you can tell that it has potential, but it just never gets there because nucky just isn't an interesting character and steve buscemi is a better supporting actor than a lead.

Yes

Yes, but it can be a slow burn. It has a similar depression theme as Sopranos.

The Shield is the closest any show ever got for me before, no memeing

watch it chrissy

I don't blame him, I blame the writers for giving wasting half of the runtime on Margaret getting hospitals to pasteurize milk and Harrow learning to love again, then running out of time to show Lucciano and Capone do anything.

fuck off everything involving harrow is 100% kino

once Jimmy died they should have cut bait with Harrow and the mom

what about
>Damn we're gonna win thing

Thx, i think I'll start watching this today, since i don't have anything to do

>There will NEVER be another show like this
My name is my name, ya faggot dick suk

It's very difficult to genuinely strike a chord on a massive level. Real poignancy that is unpretentious and can ring true with most people... that's a tough thing to create. You need the perfect writing, the perfect film and direction and the perfect actors to translate the message from the page. The Sopranos was a rare marriage of all those elements firing on all cylinders. It's odd to EVER find it, never mind recreate it.

Fuck marlo was so hateable

>ctrl-f varsity athlete
>0 matches
fuck's sake Sup Forums

>Name a bigger cunt, I'll wait.

>Name a bigger cunt, I'll wait...

>Name a bigger cunt, I'll wait...,,

Carmella was pretty based tbqh

>Name a bigger cunts, I'll wait.

>>she was abusive to da staff
I autonomously made the hand gesture as I read this

Your mum's, that sloot.

/thread

Don't you love me?

>It's odd to EVER find it, never mind recreate it.
done

youtube.com/watch?v=VgBD94cs0T8

this is all Sopranos ever was

fat gross jewface edition

Should I buy this?

>A Don doesn't wear shorts.

alright lemme get da fuck outta here

the implication behind that, being that Johnny Sack went to one of Tony's cookouts and TOLD Carmine that he was wearing shorts is fucking hilarious to me

>her voice
>tony's breathing
i watched the full series over a summer but it became kind of a chore

Recreate the feeling, the poignancy, you obtuse homo.

>Only watched it one time
c'mon, you need a re-watch at least

>make fun of a fat guy by calling him a parade float
>then throw a sandwich at him

>Reikjavik
you'll do it, you'll clean it up

Swedgin

be nice she has MS

Sopranos was more inconsistent than The Wire imo. Both vastly superior to Breaking Bad anyway

Saw a decent number of episodes before, but as good as some tv series are, they ALL run too long, sopranos is a classic example

I'M HERE FOR DA MONEY

Ahahahaha

I've seen all of Mad Men twice, what happens

Sopranos never dropped the ball as hard as The Wire S5

alright you may have a point, but still he had like 5-6 years to make one and he didnt even start

>Recreate the feeling, the poignancy,
here ya go, you Who ARE
youtube.com/watch?v=TuJxsLE7Dgc

Nice samefag retard