Explain the cult-like obsession over these "film expert" hacks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tomO-X-X5Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE
youtube.com/watch?v=EjAWqtYqfeE
youtu.be/kPdHGOTyu-w
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/53782281/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they fill the niche of friend simulators for people too self conscious and bitter to usually fall for friend simulators

I don't get it either. They abuse their audience with fake-out vids that violate Youtube terms of service on false advertising and verbally abuse them with passive aggressive comments peppered throughout their vids. That Patreon keeps rising though so some suckers must love it.

>Sup Forums, the literally reddt board with most anons being underaged and/or in denial
>somehow idolize equally autistic pseudo film experts
Who knows?

see what I like about them is they don't call themselves experts or try do anything they aren't. They all act like themselves and don't try to act like they are better than anyone else. Its just some guys talkin about moviez

>it's a the detractors are a shitton more inssuferable than the fanbase episode

Dumb phoneposter

>not an argument

It's two or three obsessed lonely people spamming threads about them, just ignore and report them

Mike is a nice best friend
Jay is a nice second best friend
Jessie gives nice hugs
Rich Evans makes it so you aren't the most pathetic person in the room

They aren't, and never claim to be film experts. They're entertaining

>hating on based Rich
please kys

This. I watched their latest video and literally had a panic attack when they did that "help for millennials" part. Why does youtube allow triggering content?

The mouse throws money at them to advertise on here.

Well they did it first.

They have been endlessly copied since the first Plinkett star wars and star trek reviews.

They did it differently too.

They mixed a crazy old serial killer in with geeky film reviews instead of trying to be hipsters or nerdy "cool".

They stay true to their principals.

They aren't sell outs giving reviews for cash and make fun of the consumerist nerd lifestyle addiction that has gripped everybody.

They have really good analysis of film.

Not just the Plinkett reviews but Mike and Jay know a lot about film and talk about it in a calm and silly manner that is very entertaining.

They love making shit.

They've been making crappy home movies for pretty much all their lives. They build their own sets and edit everything in house. It's a very organic group of folks.

Yes, I love seeing them piss off their fans, almost as much as I love seeing them piss of Star Wars films.

I like him tooo

Truthfully, the friend simulator explanation is the closest to accurate but only because finding people you truly get along with who also have the same hobbies as you is next to impossible. RLM allows you to tolerate your own shitty friends while still being able to have some semblance of a conversation about film by watching RLM's channel.

>Rich Evans makes it so you aren't the most pathetic person in the room

youtube.com/watch?v=tomO-X-X5Ak

He only exists for Mike to make fun of him. He is literally a human punchline.

They're comfy

Dumb Molyneuxposter

What's there to explain? Plinkett Phantom Review was a hit and they got a following from that.

>when you're too patrician for Douge & co. but still too pleb for Criterion and Cahiers du cinema

>Explain the cult-like obsession over these "film expert" hacks
I think the best part about RLM is that they consistently regard their own opinions as something you don't need to listen to. They give it, give a recommendation, talk about why they have that opinion and made that recommendation, and that's that.

Yet everyone who hates them regards them as some kind of world-renown high society critic. It's hilarious.

A lot of people like the videos they upload to www.youtube.com

My "review" of Reddit Letter Media

>posting in a friend simulator thread
>idolizing an aging group of youtube vloggers from Milwaukee
>he gives his real-life "friends" money every month

Rich
>an unemployed construction worker, the trick monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and becoming violent. brava, rich! brava!

Jack
>a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson packard?'). he knows he's the least popular cast member and desperately tries to fit in by making fun of reddit on stream

Mike
>an over-the-hill "director" weighed down by his talentless friends. only makes "ironically bad" videos because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'Space Cop' will expose him as a fraud and be a spiritual and economic disaster. he will eventually go the route of orson welles, balloon up to 500 pounds and die at the ripe age of 50.

Jesse
>the curdling definition of a parasite. ditters on her phone while the men do all the hard work. got caught buying jewelry with actual Patreon money.

Jay
>the only cast member showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown RLM.

I like how Reddit Letter Media is a company founded upon criticism, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from their stream if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the group has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, drink beer and make fart jokes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.

Mike is funny without being "crazy wacky e-celeb" annoying or mean.

Jay and Rich are good at playing off of Mike.

That's why I watch.

where is the FUCKING dunkirk/valerian HitB?

DAILY REMINDER

RLM are hack fraud sellouts to Disney

youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE

They put themselves before content

All reviewers do this

You follow the shoddy reality show, not the review itself.

Rich Evans is literally the smartest and wittyest of them all

I literally love him

This cut deep

>Explain the cult-like obsession over these "film expert" hacks
You tell me, guy who constantly makes these threads.

Based hackfraudposter

Na, Rich is Dreamwork's boy now

I wonder.. what it's like to be so bitter and sad that you hate people who have friends and do what they love for a living.

How close are you to hanging yourself in your efficiency next to your mountain of Mac&Cheese containers?

cult of cucks

I'd rather they do the Emoji Movie, their negative reviews are much better.

When your life gets to the point where you regularly spend time watching youtuber "film reviewers", you should reconsider your life choices

Fuck off Aidsmoby, go shill somewhere else

t. someone who spends all his time on an imageboard with a 24/7 pedophile bot

I know you're still butt burnt that they rekt lord Lucas, but don't pull a Jake Loyd because your shitty youtube channel only gets 200 views.

>butt burnt

lol you're fucking autistic bro

I dunno, take their cocks out of your ears first

What reality show? The fuck are you talking about? They all keep their personal lives pretty much completely out of the spotlight.

I agree Jack is a cuck though. But he seems to have calmed down since the election and just talks about games.

youtube.com/watch?v=EjAWqtYqfeE

I'll just leave this here.

>watching Pre-Rec

There's your problem.

total sellouts.

Some asshole local festival wanted to promote. It's like you can hear the disney checks chinging in the background.

>he waited almost 30 posts before shilling his bullshit for the 10,000th time
Showing some restraint, asswipe?

Wow it's nothing!

youtu.be/kPdHGOTyu-w

>"film expert"
They're fun and they make some valid points and can have some interesting views on some movies. Stop being contrarian.

Even RLM themselves would laugh at the idea of anyone thinking they're "film experts."

Hey look. This loser made this thread before.. in 2015.

Same typing. Same language. "Aidsmoby"

Must be a local loser that Mike cucked hard and is super salty.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/53782281/

No really. This assbag made the same thread two years ago.
iew SameGoogleiqdbSauceNAO 12000000.jpg, 7KiB, 127x168

Anonymous Tue 24 Feb 2015 21:34:30 No.53787951 Report
My "review" of Reddit Letter Media

>posting in a friend simulator thread
>idolizing an aging group of youtube vloggers from Milwaukee
>he gives his real-life "friends" money every month

Rich
>an unemployed construction worker, the trick monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and becoming violent. brava, rich! brava!

Jack
>a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson packard?'). he knows he's the least popular cast member and desperately tries to fit in by making fun of reddit on stream

Mike
>an over-the-hill "director" weighed down by his talentless friends. only makes "ironically bad" videos because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'Space Cop' will expose him as a fraud and be a spiritual and economic disaster. he will eventually go the route of orson welles, balloon up to 500 pounds and die at the ripe age of 50.

Jesse
>the curdling definition of a parasite. ditters on her phone while the men do all the hard work. got caught buying jewelry with actual Patreon money.

Jay
>the only cast member showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown RLM.

I like how Reddit Letter Media is a company founded upon criticism, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from their stream if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the group has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, drink beer and make fart jokes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.

>how embarrassing

This pasta has been posted in nearly every RLM thread for the last 5 years, user. Get with it.

The only thing more pointless than posting RLM threads on Sup Forums is being obsessed about counter-posting RLM on Sup Forums and spending hours being irritated by them.

What happened to wizard and aids Moby? They don't even bring them out for the shitty episodes anymore.

They started getting creepy sexual messages from internet nerds.

Like Jesse.

Wizard was literally in the most recent video they've put out. Jack does Pre Rec streams twice a week.

and nobody has ever successfully refuted it, especially not the last paragraph

this is the face i make when i am reminded of this fact, in case you were wondering

You've been pulling this same shtick for five years now. Literally five years. How have you not killed yourself yet?

it would be extremely painful

>tfw RLM blocks you on Goyimbook

except it's not copypasta'd anywhere else haha

busted

suck RLM dick much?

>They aren't sell outs giving reviews for cash
No need when your naive fans will just let themselves be fleeced on Patreon. But it's also very likely they're taking paychecks from Marvel, although it hasn't proved, but how else would you explain the positive reviews for such mediocre films?
>They have really good analysis of film.
It wasn't "fun" enough. It needed more "schlock". Great "indepth" analysis.
>Mike and Jay know a lot about film
All they know and like is 80s blockbusters and b-movies.
>They love making shit.
They sure do.
>They've been making crappy home movies for pretty much all their lives.
And yet they've never moved pass the crappy home movie level of quality.

>fleeced on Patreon
You're a fucking idiot.

>all these newfags don't know that the Phantom Menace review was in part spread by Sup Forums
>all these newfags don't know we had the next 2 reviews stickied on Sup Forums
>all these newfags are butthurt about RLM mocking the shitty movies they saw as kids and can't let go
lmao, millennials are such fags

How autistic do you have to be to make an hour long "review" on a fucking movie made for children?

For who?

I've always enjoyed this pasta.

>t. Patreon donor

Because I like their personalities so I watch

>posterior peeved

he's a fucking fedora

Used to respect Jay, but in the blade runner video he went full retard. I think Mike and the other turbo plebs finally got to him.

>I used to respect Jay until he had one opinion that didn't validate my own so now he's the worst
Autism

>Mike and the other turbo plebs

Mike hates Stargate and Independence Day but he liked Jurassic World and Independence Day Resurgence

even when it comes to flicks, his taste is shockingly pleb

How exactly did he go full retard?

Their videos are funny.

I don't place much worth in their film expertise. They can never fully explain why one schlocky movie is bad when another is good.

>namefag

Reddit pls go

>makes an hour long equivalent of "stop liking things i don't like"
>proceeds to shill endlessly here, on other boards AND 8ch
>endlessly creates his own samefag 'defense force' to emulate 'support'
>deletes most negative comments on his video's page as well as using socks to emulate 'support'
>all because some literal Whos said they liked a movie

I like Rich but he did a really terrible job here. Easily the worst performance of everyone there.

Are you new? That's a common pasta for RLM threads.

This reddit spacing is insane

what did they mean by this?

F-fuck...

>Now get out of here big headed losers!

Damn, Rich. No need to be so harsh.

Nah