Remember that scene where the guy nearly drowned but he managed to escape at the last minute?

>remember that scene where the guy nearly drowned but he managed to escape at the last minute?

Name a more repetitive movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KKkCP7ovMQA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Prestige except instead of nearly drowning, actual drowning

KEK

Another pleb gets caught in the filter

Nice

this is why I com to Sup Forums

fpbp

loved this movie, but also dont forget all the scenes where kenneth branagh slowly turns around whilst taking of his cap to look at stukas

>See movie about people wanting to get on boats
>Get mad that boats are on water, and when they sink you drown
You disgust me.

>guy trips down one step
>somehow dies

D U N K I R K

lol this

Throughout the ages we have discussed who should and should not be allowed to vote.

We finally have a benchmark for enfranchisement of the vote.

If you enjoyed Dunkino, you're allowed to vote.

If you didn't, then you should be taken to your local clinic and put down like the imbecilic dog that you are.

That's what fucking happened at Dunkirk. Countless soldiers nearly drowned numerous times.

That confused me too like was his skull made out of a type of soft cheese?

>guy smashes head on big fucking metal thing on a boat with no medical supplies
>dies

WOOOOOWWW

He was pushed down the stairs and hit his head on a pipe. That will fuck you up.

More like
>guy gets his head fucking slammed into a pipe
>dies
By the way, he fell down multiple steps not just one.

ooh I didn't see the pipe I thought he just like fell on his ass

Well done lad

Don't take that sort of thing lightly
I know real sailors who tripped over and got all of their teeth and head fucked up
Had to go on medicines for the rest of their lives

I don't want to sound like I'm offended, but it's not implausible

So one. One scene.

I found out my great-grandfather was there and he rode on one of those little boats pretty crazy

"muh realism" isn't a valid defense in a war movie with almost zero blood on screen despite multiple people being shot/bombed on camera.

What about the entirety of the first act then?

>what are you looking at?
>HOME
>cue Hans Zimmer butchering Elgar's Nimrod while the camera pans to civilian boats, lingering on for about 30 seconds too long in classic Nolan fashion

I haven't cringed this hard at a movie in a long fucking time.

>zero blood
Wrong, some of the injured soldiers on the beach were bloody.
>multiple people being shot/bombed on camera.
People got shot/bombed on camera within the first 15 minutes of the film but that's it. For the rest of the film you never see someone get hit by a bullet or bomb.

Your criticisms are bullshit.

Man those stukas were shit, one got picked off by a gliding spitfire.

I just got back from seeing this
I thought it was fucking awesome
Amazing war movie and it was nothing like Saving Private Ryan

Gliding spitfire is a stealth spitfire, literally zero sound until the machine gun starts ripping away.

>that scene when the Frog drowned reaching for the ladder

L-looked like a terrible way to go out.

>movie is good so "kek I'm so contrarian" faggots have to pretend like they didn't like it

FILTERED

Beat me to it

who cares? this movie just proves that you don't need to show off actual gore to make tense and gripping war scenes

Did you want some goofy shit like Hacksaw Ridge?

damn i thought the frog survived

meant to quote

Fr*ggin LOL

He was probably zeroed in on his attack run and like the other user said the engine was off so there would have been no noise

If he had seen Bane first Bane would've been toast

This is a good post

The Pepsi product placement felt really out of place to me. Anybody else?

Its a known fact in the battle of britain, stukas got raped by spitfires and hurricanes

fpbp holy shit

I'd say he hit his head off the metal pipe that was behind him
You fall alot harder when the boats in motion

I love this flick

this, OP is heavily autistic

What happened to the French guy? I went to the bathroom and when I got back he wasn't in the movie anymore.

>thinks he fell on his ass
>the kid clealry had a head injury
>they even wrapped bandages around his head
Are you possibly retarded user?

He drowned when the ship they were in started sinking.

>WHERE'S THE FOKKIN' AIR FORCE

>cast Tom Hardy
>make him wear a mask for the entire movie
If it were me that would start making me super self-consious about my looks. But then again I'm not as ruggedly handsome as he is Truly he is a big guy

Include me in the screenshot.

Remember when Tom Hardy was shooting at that plane? Really was worth setting up that narrative throughout the whole movie.

Tom Hardy looked kinda chubby when he took off the mask.

I liked the part where he (repeatedly) didn't start shooting until well after the German planes had clearly passed out of his gunsight

Maybe he was a German spy and was avoiding killing his comrades.

>400,000 men on the beach
>send at most like 30 tiny boats to come get them

D U N K I R K

But do you remember when his engine was off because he had no fuel, and also his Spitfire had taken fire earlier on, and he also glided down a huge length of Dunkirk beach, only to turn around apparently without losing any speed or energy, and then take down that one Stuka and then glide down another massive stretch of beach, all without stalling out?

>what is deflection shooting

That scene with the camera behind that British general looking up at Hardy's plane with the engine off/proppeller not spinning, gliding across the screen

K I N O
I
N
O

Older brother fell and hit his head on a pipe on a welding job.

8 years later he still can't drive, cook, has no filter, and only can see from one eye. He will be on work related disability for the rest of his life. And this is for a guy who fell welding AT a hospital and had nearly instant medical care.

So the kid dying I could buy.

That would imply he was leading the target by shooting in front of them. He was clearly shooting behind them, and they were making no indication of turning in that direction

>yfw to be a true kinoseur one must be able to enjoy and understand films in the moment
>all these plebs need analysis videos on youtube and hack critics to tell them what to think

Dunkirk truly is the pleb filter of the 21st century, and we've need one.

dude it was a blur of guys drowning, plane noises, whirling strings to make you feel suspense even when nothing was going on

seriously the action wasnt good, the drama aside from the boat story wasnt good, so what are you left with? strapping a go pro on a soldiers head and seeing him fuck around on a beach and almost drown a few times? shit movie

he was literally doing the opposite of leading his targets. They would be slowly turning and he would wait until they were in the center of his sights to begin firing, thus missing/cutting the camera and just saying the bullets connected

But actually though.
Look at how Jahns and Randolph reacted to it.

Also you can tell the people bitching about it are probably the kind of people who shovel all their money at whatever capeshit/Disneyshit comes out.

yes you do though. The only horror of war i was shown was drowning. Its fucking laughable to see a guy get bombed and do a sommmersault completely intact. If you're looking for a gritty realistic portrayal of war, you need the gore that comes with it. this movie only hurt itself by being pg-13

this wasnt conveyed very well. Every person i have talked too in person thought the inury looked far too tame compared to its consequences.

>women reviewing Dunkirk

he was also crashing plames with no survivors

you're wrong on both accounts. there were only two people that were bloody in the whole movie. the guy on the stretcher with the chest wound, and the kid that hit his head. no one was dismembered despite multiple bodies around and people getting hit directly with bombs.

also the guy that got shot inside the trawler wasn't bloody, and no one on the bombed ships was bloody either even though some of them had the bombs fall under their feet.

personally i hate disney and capeshit
my critique is here
when your film isnt about well-done action and it isnt supposed to have developed characters, you're left with some good atmosphere yet a hollow experience overall which people will just claim is patrician because it is polarizing. 100$ says you like Only God Forgives

kkkkekkkk

She literally didn't understand a single thing about the movie holy shit.

>I can't believe Nolan would portray these british soldiers like that!
>The british soldiers were fine upstanding people, and to portray them as turning against eachother and civilians is dishonest!

It was a 6/10 t b h. It lacked character development and it felt like it was played too safe. Too similar to many other war movies; didn't stand out much.

name war movies that it was similar to, you mongrel.

>movie
It's not a movie it's a fucking documentary.

I paid $16.50 at IMAX to watch a movie, not a fucking History Channel documentary

Literally every way movie, you hotdog.

Why can't women enjoy Dunkirk?

Brainlets.

Literally every war movie, you hotdog.

>not loving an action movie
>brainlet

ok

>$16.50
Don't know where you live but you're getting scammed.

$11.75 for my ticket, and yes in IMAX

>mfw youtube.com/watch?v=KKkCP7ovMQA starts playing
>5:00 Tom Hardy's plane flies into the screen to shoot down the bomber after seeing what they do to other shifts prior.

I was shouting in my head "YEAH GET HIM GET THAT KRAUT SON OF A BITCH"

Man I wish I was alive during WW2.

.i paid 7.50 for my IMAX

The same reason men can't enjoy romantic comedies.

Loved the guy who was having a go at it with his enfield, must of flew 15 feet when the bomb hit him.

>movie cast consisting nearly entirely of white men

wew

>DUDE WE"RE GETTING BOMBED AGAIN LMAO
i fell asleep, if you like action movies you're a retard

>he doesn't know how collimator sights work

why did people like george? he was in like 2 scenes then died and he didn't do shit.

>bravo nolan decides to make a war film
>its incredible

bravo nolan

Just like me.

Dunkirk

this is easily the best movie of the year thus far, right?

I really enjoyed Logan and Baby Driver but this movie is another tier of filmmaking

ah, guess he was relatable then. carry on

its literally every war movie minus well done action or actual characters but ironically this is exactly why its being hailed as le kino because only plebs want good action or characters with actual depth beyond "muh country". What a warped world we live in. No matter how shitty something is, as long as it avoids conventions, its good in the eyes of certain people.

the device projecting the crosshair has little to do with this. You even see the bullets miss half the time because he waits too long to shoot. What are you not getting here.

autism

not an argument. Have fun watching your baby war movie about guys doing flips when they're supposed to be blown into hundreds of pieces. le kino!

holy shit, its implied there were enough boats to get them all out HOLY SHIT MY MAN THINK FIRST