Why do so many Europeans speak English? You're basically cucking yourselves

Why do so many Europeans speak English? You're basically cucking yourselves.

We speak English to speak between ourselves.

Being able to understand Americans because of that is a collateral damage.

You make fun of Americans yet we're the reason you're speaking English right now. Our shitty movies and culture that you gay ass Europeans import. Our dominance of the Internet.

better Eenglish than French t.b.h

English is a European language, so it is non-europeans who speak it that are cucking themselves. :^)

La créature infernale, le bâtard des enfers...

Because, like it or not, we are a key component in the world's economic engine.
Do you speak any languages other than American, user?

Why don't you learn each other's European languages if you are so smart? But instead you learn the easiest language and claim you are bi-lingual. Cheaters.

Yes, I speak English and the international language (which happens to be the same).

We actually do. Most of young Europeans speak at least 3 languages.

>Most of young Europeans speak at least 3 languages.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So, do as I say, not as I do?
Not sure what your point is.
Are you telling people that they should only speak the language of their current country?
Or maybe that you don't like people from other places communicating with us?

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In Europe you start to learn English at age of 6/7 and second foreign language at age of 10/13.

>he only speaks one language
xd

Which second language do kids learn in Poland? Here it's French most of the time.

This guy ( ) is telling the truth. I was supposed to know Swedish, English AND french by now but we never had a siber teacher during french class so nothing ever happened she gave us all good grades after 4 years and that was it.

Imagine trying to live with just an irrelevant language

>Which second language do kids learn in Poland? Here it's French most of the time.

Depends of school you chose, but you usually can chose between german, russian, french, español.

lmao then why are your german is so shit if you study it for 10 years? >hurr durr so schwerig

but you don't actually speak it fluently. you just study it at school. big deal, we study foreign languages too. i mean most of you speak fluent english but your 3rd language is not even close.

Most people who study it at school from ages 12-15 here then later when they get to highschool(?) from age 16-19 often take the next level courses in the beginning of their first year and then the second course next year so more advanced. I have friends who speak German fluently and same goes with spanish.

Everything depends on person. We have tools, resources and opportunities to learn it but not everybody care about it.

Well that's just your anecdotal evidence, of course you can find people like that but they are rare. Studying a language and actually speaking it fluently are two different things. Most Europeans are as monolingual as Americans, they just know merci bonjur scheisse and arrivederci

well isn't that the same everywhere. we have tools and resources, too. except we have fewer opportunities to practice foreign languages.

>merci bonjur etc.

I don't think so. Most of people may not be fluent but they can communicate at basic/intermediate level with neighborhood country's people.

>But instead you learn the easiest language and claim you are bi-lingual. Cheaters.
>Most Europeans are as monolingual as Americans
I don't get it. Even if we were accepting the premise that Europeans don't learn other languages beyond their national one and english, how do you somehow get to the point of deciding that speaking english doesn't count as speaking a language? Because everybody does it? That's just a sign of modern progress. You can't just declare "if everyone is bilingual, no one is".

False, we after all learn english. I think this is true for all nordic countries atleast.

correct, english is not really a foreign language anymore. it is a tool, a necessity just like learning to use a computer.

meh, maybe people in alsace speak some german so they can say pferd merde, but i doubt many parisians speak german, and same in germany.

It is. The thing that's happened is that people have become so good at teaching children a secondary language that it's now able to occur in early education and stick in most childrens heads. It's a testament to modern education. It's not that english has stopped being a language, it's that language education has become very effective.

Same thing with your example with computers. Computer use hasn't stopped being a skill, it's just become one that people are tought more quickly and effectively than in the past.

>Lots of people speak english, that means it's not foregin anymore

So if a lot of niggers came from africa (they are already here) and stayed here for a while does that make them any less foregin?

I can't say much about Alsace but in Saarland most people I met on highschool 'cultural/language/exchange trip' were pretty good at french.

>monolingual 56-percenter angry at europeans for being superior
news to me

Eww

>Lots of people speak english
first of all, it is not true.

>good at teaching children
well, nordics are really good at english, but i wouldn't say the same about the rest of europe. people speak very basic english at best. of course there are lot more fluent english speakers on the web and especially on Sup Forums.

This. Some people know from 5 to 7 languages.

>let me tell you about your continent

>americans making fun of europeans for not being monolingual
:DDD hahahahahaha

>majority of poles are fluent in english

it's most common for people here to speak 4 languages: estonian, finnish, english, russian. a lot of people also learn german, french, swedish in school. latin is also taught in schools, so is japanese.

i don't get what the languagelet butthurt is about tbf

russian, belarusian, ukrainian, bulgarian

What else?

only subhumans speak less than 3 languages

THIS

the younger ones are
my parents don;t know english but they're pretty fluent in russian and german
is it so hard to accept that we're just better than you?

>english is not really a foreign language anymore

I am talking about languages outside of the slavic family. Most people here who trade locally learn Greek and Romanian since those are our biggest trade partners from the neighboring countries we have.