I like this movie

I like this movie.

Are you smart enough to understand it tho?

Yeah

I did too. Just saw it today, actually.

Trick question, you're supposed to say
>True art is too brilliant to understand if it could be understood.

Its very poorly cut. Deadshot is talking up all this camaraderie and Diablo calls the squad his family. They were together in Midway city for under 24 hours. With no on-screen bonding.

Maybe criminals just form bonds like that for survival, like a gang

Good for you user. I personally didn't really like it but I'm curious about the original cut. I want to believe

>With no on-screen bonding.
Then what was the bar scene about?

I have already made in depth posts about the film before and cant be bothered to write something big up but my main verdict is it has massive structural problems but almost every scene taken in isolation is good.

Also the characterisation was mostly good every squad member had a few aspects where they were ooc but they were mostly fine.

After seeing some of the livestream just now, it's a editing nightmare. The pace was so breakneck that nothing had time to settle. Jesus Christ, who was Croc even fighting underwater? There was no tension in the final fight. It felt like a final boss battle where some effects weren't triggering and it was just a bland fight!

Getting diablos origin in without ma5ling the opening introductions longer

I hate you because you like a movie that I dont like

*in without making the opening

>it has massive structural problems but almost every scene taken in isolation is good.

how close are we to this just being DC's aesthetic

Honestly im fine with wonder women being that considering its a war film we just need action from that.

Diablo tells his story and they all share a drink. It's a short scene. There's a serious pacing issue and its obvious they cut stuff out. I'd have taken less Harley & Joker and more SKWAD bonding.

It's locked in

>MCU is quips
>DCEU is incompetently arranged
>Fox is stuck in the 00s
>Sony is how i shot web

Diablo is still alive right? Avatar of Fire can't die to explosions

Oh also it completly fucking misunderstood the squads purpouse.

You know what the sad thing is though unlike man of steel and batman vs superman this both deserves and can be fixed by a directors cut (would probably be the first directors cut to ever move or remove scenes instead of just adding them) but we are unlikely to ever get one like we did the last 2 films.

I hope we at least get harleys abuse and boomers racism on the dvd deleted scenes

It's good.

Hes dead thats diablos arc he fucks up and accidently kills his family (it really should have just been a random kid like in the comics though)
Then he redeems himself with a heroric sacrifice.

Now enchantress shes not dead at all she got hit by the soultaker sword shes pisseasy to bring back.

Well if we follow marvels patern of the quips being bearable until they massively overdid it in age of ultron before calming back down to what it was before then hopefully we will stay somewhere between man of steel and bvs in structural problems instead of having more stuff as horrible with it as squad

The movie comes off as a high light reel of better movies.

The scene where Harley smashes the window to steal a purse feels out of place.

Katana, Boomer, Joker have so little screen time and development. That they might as well not be in the movie.

GotG did the ensemble cape movie with no intro movies better.

>The scene where Harley smashes the window to steal a purse feels out of place.
I always wondered why when the trailer came out people vitched about the voices in my head gag which was fine if maybe a little pointless but so few people seemed bothered by the retarded handbag scene.

I liked Margot as Harley, which I didn't expect. They also kept her origin mostly intact, which was cool.

I liked Sausage Party better

the one that fucked me up is when she's getting dressed and is like "What" and it cuts to everyone unfreezing and moving again. it's so fucking OFF

Y'all Jokuhs must be Crayzee.

I dident really mind it but that may be because i had already gotten mad at how unprofessional the bel reve guards were so i already had that out of my system.

I kept confusing the two blonde white guys with beards and mustaches.

The very few moments where they had the team talking or interacting, it was actually pretty good.

Most of it wasn't, it was very dull action scenes with faceless zombies and a boring Ghostbusters supernatural "plot."

The "we are family" shit at the end or Deadshot sparing Harley made no sense because they had done zero to develop the relationships between the characters.

What it needed: way better editing first of all, but also a more mundane and managable plot (they need to pull a heist against some other bad guys), much slower laid back pace, much more character interaction, takes place over a much longer period of time to actually build something to give a shit about.

What was actually good: the performances, I can see why Leto's is controversial but it was still an interesting performance, cut down to little more than a cameo.

Enchantress was a boring character but the actress did not do a bad job with what she was given. Everyone was good to fine. Some ideas for some scenes were interesting, mostly it was a mess.

I haven't seen it, I won't bother until I can get it for free.

Swamp witch makes boners so it can't be all bad.

I except we will see her again soon

>the film's main conflict is caused by sleeptalking
>waller is an incompetent ass
>"you're a killer lawton, totally immoral, nothing like me or my men. but it's ok for YOU to kill random innocents amanda because it's in the national interest (^8"
>the navy seals commit suicide by detonating the bomb despite the fact that the entire reason croc was on the mission was so that HE could the dangerous shit
>captain boomerang throws four boomerangs, of which only two were effective
>katana has no purpose
>waller is in the city because reasons
>no reason given why wonder woman, batman, and the flash aren't helping out
>slipknot isn't even given an origin story, completely removing all tension as to who's going to die

>the film's main conflict is caused by sleeptalking

wut

>Misunderstood the squad's purpose
>Ostrander himself liked the movie
Lol

>no reason given why wonder woman, batman, and the flash aren't helping out
Im more concerned about why zatanna wasent there you dont cast a spell that big without anybody noticing.

Most of the mages you can explain
>nabu lacked a host at the time
>batson had not been granted his powers
>tim hunter is still just a little boy
>constintine has to busy scrambeling to get the fuck off the planet to help
But its inconceivable for zatanna (and xanadu i guess) not to show unless she was out trying to recruit allies to take on enchantress or something.

>sleeptalking
>wut
The doctor lady turns into The Witch when she says the Magic Word: "Enchantress." Sorta like Billy becomes the Big Red Cheese when he says, "SHAZAM!"

She whispered the word in her sleep and that's how the Enchantress got loose, went after her Heart, and, having failed at that, set her Brother free and started the whole mess.

june says "enchantress" in her sleep and it causes the whole film's plot to take place

yeah, the military acting like superman was the first meta-human in man of steel really limited things. it implies that batman has only gone against gangsters, so no ivy, no clayface, no grundy, no bane. it'll probably be retconned, but i guess that's what happens when you start your cinematic universe with a movie that wasn't designed to set up a universe

I liked it to but it still missed the point.
Although now that i think of it my knital theory from the trailers that she was lying about the reason for the squads existence does have some evidence.
They werent sent in to take out enchantress they were sent in to waste military resources to rescue waller.

Which was still a mistake because the first movie really needs to have a more typical mission so the audience has an idea of what the squad is normaly like save that unusual stuff for the second film.

>massive structural problems but almost every scene taken in isolation is good
Which, interestingly enough, is how I feel about Suckerpunch: bunch of really cool scenes and moments that are fucking awesome if you just skip to the good bits; and a total clusterfuck if you try to watching it from beginning to end.

Which means it's too late to save the DCEU from Snyder at this point: he's metastasized.

The Enchantress could force a change though. That's what happened.

Well its fine for most heros although a little limiting because usualy they acquire there powers later in life and many of them especialy the magical ones can just be said to have worked in secret before.

But zatanna spent her entire life getting taught magic to explain her not being there she would have to have still being a child in which case where the fuck was zatarra.

They really should have saved this plot for jld have enchantress be a normal sauad member for a movie then she escapes in justice league dark and starts fucking shit up
The first arc of jld was against enchantress although in a far difrent context so it would be interesting ro compare them

When i first saw suckerpunch i thought they auctualy were prostituting the patients it had to be pointed out to me it was another layer of delusion.

Screw you mother fuckers
I fell for your "it's actually not bad" crap
I want my money back

You have shit taste then.

when was that mentioned at all
since they have black canary leading the 30,000 year ago army in JL, i'm assuming that they're going to have the rest of the justice society be there as well. it'd provide a reasonable explanation as to how darkseid lost back then, as well as letting the DCEU have both a justice society, and have wonder woman be the only hero around in world war 1

Anybody have a dancing of her dancing as Ultimate Enchantress?

I enjoyed as well. You can't deny that it is pretty mediocre movie thou. You can tell what is going to happen right away. It is way too predictable. The characters were good though.

I just wanna know why the motherboxs are so fucking big

>when was that mentioned at all

When she did it?

>MoS
>BvS
>SS

Dceu fans have the worst taste in the history of everything

I don't mind predictability (because hell, I enjoy a lot of generic action movies) but SS feels... bland. Like there's just no real sense of hype in scenes that are supposed to be exciting.

I liked it too.

I was on the fence. Then I watched that stream earlier with the rest of Sup Forums. I decided I didn't like it.

Wrong. MCUcks exist.

I just saw it today and I think put it best. There were moments where it it was pretty decent and other moments that were just awful and cringeworthy. Almost all of Harley's lines were textbook "lol so random" things you'd see on LiveJournal in 2002, the Joker's growling and purring made him more goofy than threatening, and Enchantress hula hooping all over the damn place in the end looked stupid. The only really good character was Diablo and they killed him off.

Same, I saw it with a group of friends and they all liked it as well.

I liked it better than civil war, am I the only one who feels this?

It was a fresher idea than Civil War. A movie about villains, where Civil War was Avengers 2.5, I have to give them that.

Take the Joker out apart from the flashbacks & the end...NOTHING changes.

Should have just made him the villain, Enchantress was an awful awful choice they made because they were afraid to do anything political.

I liked it better than any of the past comic book movies this year. But I'm starting to tire of this shit.

No, I agree.

making the joker the main villain is stupid a group of seals, drones could rek his shit and as soon as he comes huge bats would intervene. You just created a major plot whole

I don't

I already forgot about it.
Its just such a dull movie.
Complete wasted potential.

It was a fesh idea until Suicide Squad becomes yet another superhero movie but with le wacky team members.

I grew to just like seeing Cap and the others fuck around, so it was midly entertaining.

They tried too much to make SS "badass".

>Evil Enchantress
>did not do any evil dances

Dropped

I watched it yesterday and was shocked how GOOD it was, based on the reviews I expected a mediocre flick at best... but this was the most entertaining superhero movie of the year desu.

Suicide Squad > Deadpool >>> BvS > Civil War > X-Men 7

This. Prior to the bar scene the only ones that actually become close are Harley and Deadshot. The others all either hate each other or simply don't interact enough for us to believe they've actually bonded.

Boomerang only wants to organise an escape, Croc only quips (though he does consider staying with Flagg before the bar scene) and Katana doesn't speak to any of them at all. I mean they don't have to spell it out but if they'd at least shown them starting to give a shred of shit about each other, then maybe the whole family shit would've been a bit more believable.

>Prior to the bar scene the only ones that actually become close are Harley and Deadshot

I didn't even buy that. Deadshot's refusal to shoot her was super forced.

are you serious
it's much more logical to believe it's sleeptalking
otherwise why didn't enchantress do it earlier

Stop shilling.

>He has a different opinion, so he must me shilling
Fuck off, I just saw it yesterday and I agree with him. Sure, there were some things they could have done much better, but it was a very good overally.

I think making Enchantress the villain was a bad choice. She should have just been a member of the squad.