Do leftists honestly think the burqa/niqab is a symbol of female empowerment, worn to defy the "male gaze"...

Do leftists honestly think the burqa/niqab is a symbol of female empowerment, worn to defy the "male gaze", or are they all willfully turning a blind eye to the actual purpose of this garment?

Yes.

>Do leftists honestly think

Never.

They think Muslim women should be allowed to wear whatever they want. Women who are forced to wear it doesn't fall into their equation. They're libertarians, so they're moral relativist.

well, what is the actual purpose of the garment?

To not get raped and to only make their bodies and faces visible to their husband

They don't know anyone who wears a burqa, they know women in hijab who (usually) do choose to wear it

There are a handful of Muslim women living in the West and promoting liberalism who now wear the hijab as some kind of Islamic feminist political statement (even though that makes no sense, it's college kids what can you do?), so white liberal women now associate it with that Western message not its actual message (which is that females are property) in the actual Islamic world.

>Do leftists honestly think the burqa/niqab is a symbol of female empowerment, worn to defy the "male gaze"

The funniest part of all this is that at the same time they totally reject this notion when Christian girls (Mormons, JHWs etc.) argue like this for dressing modestly.

It's to cover them up, a form of medieval/Victorian decency.

>1700s england
>"Oh my, she's showing her ankles"

The west has moved away from this obviously.

>choose to wear it
Not wearing it is apostasy. Do you know what the punishment for that is?

Exactly.

mainly to keep body temperature. also to keep sexual body parts covered to no distract from normal life.

Left has became this big melting pot of degeneration. Anything muslim is good, anything anti-white is good, anything anti-conservative is good. I'm surprised this isn't the biggest feminist concern of our times but i don't understand many things about modern left.

This. They wear it to show people they're a minority, for "white cis men are oppressing me" status, and somehow this makes them empowered.

They even have the "hijab challenge" at some colleges wherein you wear the hijab for a day to "see what it's like being a Muslim in America." It's been so trivialized it's hilarious. Liberals rush to defend this, of course.

Why is this in French

>The west has moved away from this obviously.

Victorian era was better for... a lot of reasons, actually.

>Do leftists honestly think
Yes they do. This is called double think. Greatest power of the left invent by German philosophy it makes left absolutely proof to any argument. It is pinnacle of philosophy.

Yeah, a much more patriarchal society. Remember women didn't get to vote back then either.

They're not allowed to say it's fucked up, so like every leftist chickenshit opinion, they pretend it's something they actually wanted.
They just always take the path of least resistance.

I've seen tweets from muslim women in muslim countries getting fucking pissed off with leftists over this shit. It's setting them back, they don't want to be wearing this shit.

The muslim women who do wear it just pretend it's their freedom.
I personally know a hijabi that basically wears it out of spite and pretends it's empowering. She's just a bitter cow that gets off on getting angry looks from people in public so she can complain on the internet.

Yeah, women can't own property and leave kitchen. Freeing them was a mistake.

You underestimate the power of the dark side..

Dima? I didn't know you posted on Sup Forums