You know what really broke the SS plot that no one else has mentioned...

You know what really broke the SS plot that no one else has mentioned? Why the fuck would the black woman recruit convicts when she is aware of Flash, WW, and Cyborg? She isn't afraid of killing innocent people for her own gain so why not threaten their families and shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Song
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She needed people she could effectively control.Trying to threaten a superhero's family is a good way to get your ass beat.

You can't control superheroes.

You cannot put a bomb in flash's neck(mostly because how are you gon caugh the motherfucker, secondly he can just vibrate and have the bomb phase through his body) and tell him "do this or we are gonna kill you".

Also if something goes wrong they can just say "aww shit we didn't know why they were there, they just died after something went wrong, not us, at all"

I was thinking of her putting the bombs in their families' necks

Because its easier to exploit a know criminal. If shit goes wrongs folks arent gonna question these bad guys doing bad guy things.

Because Waller has morals.

At least, she used to, not so sure about the nu52 version pre-rebirth, based on the nu52 SS comics I've read.

She's a patriot who legitimately cares about innocent civilians, even in countries she isn't super fond-of.

She hates super-villains because they're SUPER-VILLAINS who go around committing crimes and murdering innocent civilians and all the various sorts of shit they get up to.

She's a victim of crime, having lost multiple members of her family to amoral criminal pieces of shit. So she's fine with intimidating them and treating them like trash and using them for deniable assets...but even THEN she doesn't just throw their lives away, she tries to keep them as safe as she can within the parameters of the mission.

Though, from what I've heard, the movie Waller isn't much like the original, murdering loyal government agents for 'knowing too much' and this other black bag government VILLIAN bullshit that the original Waller never would've, so who knows, maybe she would go after superhero families or whatever.

Except she's smart enough to do it, just because it's a bad idea to make enemies when you don't need to, and they're troublesome to work with what with their morals and ethics and stuff that keeps them from doing black ops work and...well.

You're going on the assumption that heroes will always stay good. Did you forget the first half of the film where she keeps on saying "what if superman bad hurr durr"? Threatening their families sounds like a really good way to turn this movie into Injustice.

>the movie Waller isn't much like the original, murdering loyal government agents for 'knowing too much'
yeah, she just killed a bunch of dudes and duddettes that spend days with her in that building, her own people, her workers, no remorse, even deadshot thought that was gangster, a joke but it shows you how fuck up that Waller is, she gives no fucks.

So yeah... why didn't she just blackmailed heroes to do her bidding, she doesn't care in the movie.

It's the whole "Why didn't they just call in the Avengers?" question again.
What gets me is why she thought,
>There could be another alien demi-god who could destroy a city with his fucking pinky nail at any moment. We need a team to combat that.
>I know! How about a girl with a baseball bat, a guy with pretty good aim, a guy with a boomerang and a dude with scaly skin who's only slightly stronger than the average NFL linebacker?
I kept out Diablo because he's the only person worth shit out of the entire group.

She didnt have leverage on them

Killer croc is a metahuman tho

If she has the information of who they are i am sure she can find the right amount of leverage on them. Wonderwomen would be the only hard part, though.
I mean, for fucks sake she found out about Enchantress and her heart weakness. Even if they go bad she will probably have a back up plan to get rid of them.
That's another way to control them, use the government/media to turn the public against the hero, effectively giving her the ability to kill them without people asking question.

She straight up executes people in her control room and once the SS do their jobs she still threatens to kill them.

boomerang is also a metahuman, he can summon cans of beer out of thin air.

she cant control the heroes, especially flash and ww.
they are too strong and known well enough that if they were revealed as apart of a team like that it would raise questions.

everyone in the SS were secretly on assignment, while officially (on paper) in jail. If they died in some mission the powers that be could play dumb.

Here's the thing, faggot
If the bad guys she wanted to control broke free and started doing really bad shit(like enchantress), she could always count on the good guys to do their jobs

If the good guys got fed up with her shit and did Injustice, who's she gonna call to stop them?

And besides, the good guys are already public. It'd be hard to blackmail and have them do their bidding without looking suspicious.

>the good guys are already public
shit
Is that why Batman needed to make a deal with Amanda in the end for the info?
Atheist: 0
Christians: 1

In the comics, SS was used for black ops and wet work. They handled stuff that was politically sensitive and in the best interest of the USA. In the movie, they fought a threat your average superhero could have handled.

Because if it was a team of good guys we wouldn't have had Katana being fed up with the idiots.

Average superhero didn't even knew about the threat.

Cut these two turds out and NOTHING would've changed. NOTHING!

You could say that for most of the characters. It was the Harley and Deadshot movie.

Eat shit, fuckface.

Croc placed the bomb
Soldiers carried the bomb
Diablo actually did shit
Harley Queen was the plot device
Dead shot was black
Katana cried into the sword
Cap Meme-a-rang drank beer

fuck you, they were the best part of the movie

They were the most likeable characters in the movie too.

take off your waifu/husbando goggles off, queers or post some SS Katana cheesecake

New OTP

Kill yourself.

There was absolutely no reason for Harley Quinn to be on the Suicide Squad if they weren't targeting The Joker for assassination.
Does all off Hollywood just set fire to the source material when they start writing scripts?

They're too strong to be controlled.

>I don't read comics

She does not have any superpowers.
She's no superassassin like Deadshot, she can't climb like Slipknot, even Captain Boomerang has a skillset involving specialized weaponry.
She doesn't have pyrokinesis, isn't a half crocodile monster, and doesn't know magic.
She's not even a reliable soldier like Flag or Katana.
She has ONE trait that nobody else has: an in with the clown prince.
And even though he's in the damned movie, he's not the target.
So what made her a member of the METAHUMAN squad?

the best superpower

That depends...what kind of beer?

Who's flash and wonder woman's family? Why would cyborg care when he doesn't even like his family

What's Sup Forums general consensus or more popular opinions on the movie? I liked it, it entertained me, I laughed, I felt bad for some of the characters and just had fun overall, which were pretty much all my expectations for this

Shit, that's a good question. I'd assume since he's Australian, he'd summon Foster's or some sort of lager.

Even if you can swallow that Harley would be a better pick than any member of the Justice League, it's impossible to swallow that nobody from the Justice League showed up to stop the enchantress

I thought the League wasn't formed yet.

The problem is why nobody fucking helped with the crisis in the city. I mean enchantress literally took over a whole city and the rest of the heroes(including one that could have been there in seconds) didn't gave a shit.

So? It was a worldwide phenomenon, Batman ,WW and Flash were nowhere to be seen

I'd settle for a nice czech or polish pilzner and I'd call myself superman

Deadshot is actually a useful member of the Suicide Squad though. The movie didn't do him justice. Sure he isn't going to take down Superman but that isn't what the Squad was for. It's for carrying out missions the US needs to do but can't be seen to

Katana an Croc should have been cut. Boomerang was good when he actually did get lines

Sorry mate, Strayans don't drink Fosters. That shit's made to be shipped overseas. Even Corona's a more common choice.

>these are the people who inhabit Sup Forums

>Cap Meme-a-rang drank beer

literally one of my favorite scenes

So she's using the girlfriend of a criminal who's known to have killed a Robin and is massively psychotic because he won't kick her ass instead?
Hell even setting that aside, there are people on this Earth right now that are literal suicide bombers, how the fuck are they certain one of them won't try to allahu ackbar them with a grenade or something.

Because the suicide squad is meant to do jobs the u.s cant legaly do they are deniable.
The film forgot that and had waller blabbering about stoping the next superman

Ya know they explained this in the movie right? she used convicts because if shit went south, they could just blame it on the SS and have them executed. or some shit like that.

Harley is chosen for her criminal connections she can walk into any gang hideout in gotham and walk out unscratched with enough weapons to arm the whole squad because nobodys gonna fuck with the jokers girl

She is on the fucking squad you moron.
You know who else has been on the squad fucking penguin.

The squad is not about power

The fact its not meant to be the metahuman squad they changed the squads purpouse but could not be bothered to change the roster to match the new purpouse

>structurally it was shit especialy with character introductions
>to much music
>characters were mostly done right with each having an ooc moment or 2
>this is not a squad mission
>Individual scenes were good mostly

If anything, Boomerang would of gotten MORE lines, and more shit to do.
He was VASTLY underused. I assume because theirs hardly any animated/movie stuff with Flash villains, compared to batmans and supermans villains having been in tv and movies for so long.

What kind of archaeologist crashes an ancient relic with his hand upon discovering it?

A female one

They analysed their biography and psychological profiles before choosing them, they didn't just pick whoever looked cool. And each one of them, except perhaps Croc, had something to live for or at least wasn't willing to die. Definitely not in a "Fuck you all, I'm blowing us all up!" kind of way.

You van hear enchantress whispering "June" a few times before June breaks the artifact containing enchantress.
Obviously June was entranced. Noone else pickup on that? Guess you need shit spoon-fed to you.

I can think of a couple of obvious reasons for it.

Firstly, if villains tried to call for help, go public, etc, noone would have reason to believe them or really care beyond wondering how they escaped again. Heroes on the other hand would have no real problem getting help from other heroes, the public, and most of the rest of the government if you did some underhanded shit like putting neck bombs in their Marthas.

Secondly, most SS missions are black ops type things that you don't really want people with a conscience involved if you can help it. Even if you have leverage on a hero they're still going to try to avoid killing, and if an innocent is in need of rescue they'll go off mission to save them, and if the job itself goes against their ethics they WILL find a way to undermine it, like permanently disabling the WMD before they turn it over to you or whatever.

>worldwide
It happened in one city over one night

That. And SS mission in film wasn't to take on enchantress anyway. It was to rescue Waller.
They'll have to rescue and fight enchantress because waller is kidnapped.
Ergo their skillset is matched up for a simple reach and rescue mission.

>So what made her a member of the METAHUMAN squad?

She survives hanging with the Joker on a regular basis and whatever experience you've gained fighting Batman multiple times. If I didn't know better I would just assume she has some kind of luck power.

How do Harley or Boomerang, or well any of them deal with an actual Superman level threat anyways? Are they only on the squad because they don't have moms named Martha?

read the fucking thread faggot

How is captain boomerang an adversary against the flash in the comics? And flash with his powers is considered more powerful than superman.

3 nights

>this fucking tripfag again

I suppose you were asleep already by the time she started destroying shit everywhere like satellites and tankers

This lasted for a few minutes max, before SS stopped her. And it was told that the government tried to hide the situation by telling it was a terrorist attack and everything is under control.
Where was that told or shown? Could have missed that but I thought the Enchantress and her brother started wrecking shit up somewhere in the morning an the squad was brought to action on same day's evening.

Boomerang was the best part of the movie

He works together with a bunch of other assholes. It's a combination of him doing distraction work, while another slows him down , another limits movements with walls of fire and another provides getaway. They never try to kill him, they just rob banks.

I haven't read Flash comics so I don't really know, but wasn't he implemented when Flash wasn't so drastically overpowered yet?

Yes but my point was he still is around and causes headaches to modern flash.
Sure we'll see him shine in the flash film.

>Yes but my point was he still is around
Digger hasn't been a Flash villain since the 80s.

Well I don't really think the government would be okay with it fir one thing.

Enchantress was her trump card and nuke, meant to combat Superman type beings. You don't use a nuke to squash ants, Hoo erbutt and co. were there for smaller threats so that Waller wouldn't have to parade her secret weapon on every mission. You'll note how she first tried to use Enchantress against Incubus and only then had B-list squad sent in to exfiltrate her out of Midway City when Enchantress plan backfired

Did she sleep her way to good grades in this continuity?

If not it sets the precedent that maybe Waller overestimated her and thought she could use her abilities as a psych to be the team's mediator or even leader or some shit. Or hell even if she did fuck her way through college no way Waller could have known that.

She's also extremely acrobatic.

I thought it all happened over a day to but then flag tells the squad that the shit at the train station was 3 days ago.

A potentially good movie ruined by being made in Hollywood for mass audiences, like most of the Marvel movies.

This was covered in the fucking movie. The Suicide Squad isn't meant to be a full time Justice League they're a controlled team of expendable assets.

Everybodies so obsessed with fucking plot holes that they don't even remember shit that actually happened.

as contradictory as this sounds, villians are easier to work with, specially for those kind of missions, they are more flexible in their choices and methods while heroes have codes and rules, a hero has always to do good but villians can do what they want as long as it benefits them even if they have to do good, heroes simply can't cross certain lines or atleast it should be way harder for them to do so.

>Because Waller has morals.
in this movie they literally call her the devil

The idea behind Suicide Squad is to get people that won't be missed to do dark shit that you want plausible deniability for. Like, you have the Squad to assassinate or kidnap or spy; shit that would be bad for your PR. They're expendable and worst case scenario you can shift the blame to them going "*I* didn't order the Joker be raped! They're just a bunch of villains!"

The problem is that stopping Enchantress wasn't really one of those things and so you're left thinking "Couldn't Flash solve this in like a minute?"

i expected to hate it honestly, i thought DC is shit, after MvB i was pissed at them and i was expecting something similar.

It was surprisingly enjoyable, saw it twice in 2 days with 2 different groups of friends, everybody liked it, it had some problems(you know the usual) but we all enjoyed it.

Also Katana is love

It isnt a bad movie, just mediocre.

Underrated post

This. What's even the point of getting them when the movies ends up about them doing the sort of shit your usual super heroes do anyway.

Anybody else really hated Waller and the actress that played her? I don't know why, but every time I saw her on screen I wanted to punch her stupid smug face. I can't be the only one.

>i cant be the only one

You hate her because she is a bitch.
She played her role very well.

You are now part of the next Suicide Squad. Roll for a power or skill.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

He had a role to play in Brightest Day, plus his son who was half-speedster but still had about the same boomerang rang

Goddammit I'm lactose intolerant.

Theres a difference than the government signing off on exploiting captured criminals, and signing off on attacking Supermans innocent friends.

Hey, since they shoot terrorists, cant soldiers just shoot up a mall, too?

This is a dumb question.

>murdering loyal government agents for 'knowing too much'

It's not just that. It was to cover up her fuck up with the Enchantress and save her own ass.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Song

Fuck year.

You see him take out all those zombie things by himself?

Think you underestimate "bullets', theyre pretty useful.

Hey, since she put criminals in jail, how come Waller doesnt put the PRESIDENT in Jail, so now SHES the President, because thats how it works?

Man, this sure is a major continuity error.