Can we attempt to have a good topic about East vs. West? What each does well, does poorly, etc

Can we attempt to have a good topic about East vs. West? What each does well, does poorly, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DcQFBdLNvZU
youtube.com/watch?v=jh1Wgx0yvqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>anime vs. cartoons
>having a good discussion
Pick one.

why do all the animes have the same face?

not this late on a saturday/early on a sunday

Sorry but the Justice League, Batman: Animated Series, Young Justice, and Superman: Animated Series will always out weight Japanese Cartoons. The simply fact is that they fucking talk while fighting and they'll drag out a fight over 20 episodes and they have fuck tons of useless flash backs and shit. The main protogonist are these little fucking beta fags that don't step up to the plate and handle a situation. Also Naruto, last war lasted 3 days. Animated series still releasing episodes after 4+ years. Really?

I don't know what it is, but the average anime just feels stiff.

Go to this thread

it's already going stronger then this one

>not having Clannad mirror the Powerpuff Girls

Shit chart

What anime trades for character design they make up for variety in genre.

Now I hate shonenshit too and all, but you realize not all anime is shonenshit right?

If I had to put it in any way, I'd say:

Really good anime >> western cartoons >>>>>> shitty anime

About the only thing we generally tend to do better is humor. Most anime aren't actually 'funny' funny like a lot of Western cartoons can be.

Someone will probably point out how or why this is stupid.

>Most anime aren't actually 'funny' funny like a lot of Western cartoons can be.
Japs really hit it out of the park when they do actually do humor, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=DcQFBdLNvZU

And I can't find a decent clip of Cromartie High.

RWBY is an anime

I've been meaning to watch this. Apparently it's actually really, really good. I'd agree from what little I've seen.

Yeah maybe I just never got into Japanese Anime at all. Only ones that I could sit and watch were Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and Dragon Ball Z. I can barely watch Evangelion and everyone tells me it's one of the greatest. I just cannot get into it. I just think the writing is different.

It has really good art+animation (Part of why it was a financial failure), really good humor, and it excels at "being comfy" while still having really outrageous and exaggerated reactions to mundane scenarios.

That's part of why I loved Ed Edd N Eddy, they were just kids in a cul-de-sac but they presented it in a really crazy way. Jawbreakers WERE ENOURMOUS, Ed would take a bite of a sandwich and his mouth would stretch to be the size of his body. But it was all still mundane stuff. A lot of modern day "comfy" shows like We Bare Bears are just... So boring. The humor is so lax, it's barely (shut up) there. If you strip the "cartoon" out of a cartoon and try to rely entirely on dialogue-based humor, you better get really damn funny people, otherwise the jokes are just fall flat. That's part of why I could never get into Adventure Time's humor.

Anime always feels overly dramatic to me
That shit annoys the fuck out of me

Dude, I love Berserk, but nine fucking years in that goddam boat, that kills the hype for everything.
Conclution: east is really weak in long-run series

>Tintin
>animation

youtube.com/watch?v=jh1Wgx0yvqA

I know, but he started as a comic book series in the 1920s, and that show came out in the 1990s. But I digress now, because you reminded me that a cartoon exists.

Honestly so many of my friends watch more anime than cartoons but I'm the other way around.

The only anime I've ever payed attention for more than like 5 episodes is Hetalia, and even then I only watch the English dub.

It's not that I hate anime, I think it's cool and I've tried to get into some popular ones, but sometimes it just alienates me so much? IDK how to describe it properly, I'd say "culture shock" but I doubt it fits since I don't travel. The humor and cultural references just suck the enjoyment out of me because I don't get them, and sometimes the settings or characters annoy me to no end.

>cartoons from all over the world and Dating back almost 100 years
>anime only as old as, what, the 80s?

jesus christ, could you have a worse picture?

Because anime has way more series in a single year than cartoons have in ten. Cartoons have to go back a hundred years just to fill up the list.

Hey man, I love WBB, but otherwise, I'll check it out.

I do agree about AT humor though. Could never get into it.

>I've only watched Shonen and DBZ

Only in the same way that all movies look the same if you only watch mainstream action movies.

And now in 2016:

sausage party > totoro, deal w/ it weebs

>no jojo, but it looks like there's SAO
No it looks like we can't.

Do you have part 1 of this and is there more?

This has some movies/animes I haven't seen before and would love to see the whole thing.