Long Gone Gulch

Sup Forumsmrades! I do believe you should all give this Kickstarter a good look and assist with it's funding, it seems like it's got potential!

kickstarter.com/projects/1830737577/long-gone-gulch-animated-pilot

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/473463284/cannon-busters-the-animated-series-pilot
longgonegulch.tumblr.com/post/148750899508/snag-age-17-species-human-place-of-origin-some
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bumping

I see the potential in it as well, user. But alas, I have no money to give it.

>muh self inserts
fuck off

Wait, how are the main characters self inserts?

Literally, the only reason why its being funded is because of waifufags.
3/4s of the fanbase knows them because of rule 34 artists.

They aren't. He saw the promo of the creators dressed as the characters and now they're perpetuating the meme that it's the other way around.

I also like the western/punk look crossed with Americana myths and legends, but the waifus are definitely the main selling point.

At $17,043 pledged of a $25,000 goal with 17 days left I think it's going to succeed for sure.

This is going much better than the GofundMe campaign

>western/punk look crossed with Americana myths and legends
Booring.

i'd fear this'd be MN9 all over again.

Soo Sup Forums

Do you like loli or trash ?

I don't think they're comparable at all at this point

This looks pretty neat.

Nothing's comparable to Mighty Number 9 besides, maybe, Bee and Puppycat. Bringing them up is just an easy shot at pretending you're being a smart consume, or whatever.

I like them both, just not enough to throw the creators any money.

>caving to SJWs before the kickstarter was even out

Nope, not one cent from me

Yeah, they didn't really think shit through. The majority of the fanbase discovered this show through fanart and rule34 of those 2 girls. SJWs aren't even going to watch it anyway.

are people really butthurt about the name change?

rather, the change to initials

There's also getting rid of the feather and generally downplaying the fact that she's native, because having native people in cartoons is racist apparently.

When did she have a feather?

I'm out of the loop, what exactly happened here?

Tried my best, sorry it sucks, but hey PRACTICE!!!

Top tip, if you want a picture of your drawing but don't have a scanner, take the picture on an angle using a camera app with filters like Instagram.

Thanks man!

It looks nice user, don't beat yourself.
It's always nice to see content, especially of something niche.

>!
Nice shill thread

Com'on goyim, you can surely spend a shekel or two.

Thanks man I appreciate it man

How is she a loli?

Seconding this, what happened?

God, I love the art style and the related fanart. So vibrant and saturated.

Nothing happened, they just ditched Buffalo Wings face paint and only call her BW from now on.
Both is understandable since Buffalo Wing is not as catchy as BW and the mask had a weird contrast.

>le SJW trickster face

They mentioned on a podcast they got complaints about Buffalo Wing so they changed her. There's also the ask they got wondering if there were gonna be any transyrup genderqueef muffinkins on the show and they said yes. If they're gonna pander to this crowd the show has zero chance of being good.

>i'd fear this'd be MN9 all over again.

Could you elaborate? I am not well versed in kickstarter disasters.

>if there were gonna be any transyrup genderqueef muffinkins on the show and they said yes

God fucking damnit and I was gonna actually contribute to the KS.

>They aren't.

Bullshit. Look at how they draw themselves and then look at the MCs. They're clearly exaggerated caricatures of them.

Mighty No. 9. It was supposed to be a reboot of sorts for the Mega Man community, but ultimately became a hollow clone (made by one of the ACTUAL creators of Mega Man). There's a whole slew of problems that came of its 8 MILLION DOLLARS, but try looking up articles and YouTube videos on it to explain better.

I think they mistakenly believed that if they threw the SJWs a couple bones as an act of appeasement, that they'd otherwise leave them be. But of course, that's not how SJWs work. If they get even the slightest notion that you're making something for *them*, and then feel you've betrayed them somehow, it'll be even worse than if you had just quietly ignored them from the start and focused on the crowd who aren't raving zealots.

SJW tumblrites have to be the true death of all that is good in this world (other than the opposite, Trump or something).

I just don't understand why Snag is even there. He just seems so out of place to the point that it actually annoys me.

Fucking Zach draws nothing but greasers all day and even dresses like one, so of course HIS character is one, because fuck the setting just let me draw my amazing OC

didnt they do a crowdfunding thing for this like a year ago or so?
im guessing it failed the first time

Ain't that the plot? That he is from the city but stays at the gulch because he feels at home there?

They're gonna be on the Pizza Party Podcast this week too.

>crowdfunding a cartoon
>after pee and poopycrap
lolno

Cannon Busters turned out fine
kickstarter.com/projects/473463284/cannon-busters-the-animated-series-pilot

I know that he's supposedly an outsider to the town, but...I don't care.
I'll never get over just how upsettingly out of place Snag looks around the rest of the cast. It's not a fun "he doesn't belong here". He just doesn't belong here.

The Reward: Tales of Alethrion turned out really good.

maybe you should stop focusing on calarts shit.

No need to be autistic.

I love BW.
Don't care for the rest.

Not the user you replied to, but still just a personal opinion:
The Reward itself was fantastic. The short after that was...pretty good, too. Just enough lore/worldbuilding, gave you the origins of the first short's macguffin, which was neat. But I wasn't really as interested in it or the new stuff they're developing.
I thought about it and honestly, I think the biggest appeal of the original, aside from the awesome message about having/developing an unshakable friendship, is how mysterious and weird and inexplicable everything in the world is. Which is undermined the more you spend time there.
Now they have like...just odd worldbuilding stuff like how Vito's a vampire or something and Wilhelm having a half-lizard son somewhere, a backstory for the blonde, hunky hero from the first one, and all the thugs from the city. It's like...neat? But I feel kinda removes any of the mystery of the world.
Which is 100% an opinion, I know, I just felt compelled to kinda...drop that in.
I dunno. Carry on?

Wow, Jesus. I didn't realize the post would look this rambly. I swear I'm not this autistic, I just had opinions on The Reward.

nah, you dont sound autistic.

you sound retarded. especially since you had to reply to your own post and comment about what you said.

I love the idea and hope this this succeeds, but there really isn't much for an adult neck-beard is there, it just looks like the same kiddy cartoon you'd see right now on air.

And for you dolts bitchin' about "SJWs" get a fucking life.
Half of artfags are faggots or fag friendly women, rest are liberal as fuck, so it the entertainment industry.
The entire goal since 20th century has been how much of their real lefty views they can inject into shows, not "pandering" to them.

Aside from trolls, I can't believe you'd still watch movies and toons if you truly hated lefties since IT'S ALL MADE BY THEM.

>the girls are cute and the guys are all ugly/monsters

no husbando, no dough

But it stinks.

>not wanting to fug monsters
bruv

>implying any of those monsters are fugable
monster isn't the problem man

What ever happened to that anyway?

Ever seen Six String Samurai? A greaser or 50s look can fit perfectly with American Western aesthetics. Hell, look at early Vegas or California. That's where it can fit.

Nah

>he doesn't want to ride his American motorcycle through a dusty old ghost town, grab a pint served by the spirits of dead cowboys, get into a drinking contest with a sasquatch, and scratch a jackalope behinds its horns

man whatever happened to line of action
also this character design is way too busy

t. calart-kun

normally I'm a very optimistic person but user this kickstarter is not gonna make it. It got to half the goal with a week but it lost all steam after that. I really hope it does somehow pull through but at this rate it may get to 22,000 by the deadline.

Wait, isn't this shilling?
Anyways, I am really looking forward to the pilot, but I promised myself that I would never fund a kickstarter a long time ago.

Its at 17,269 dollars with 17 days to go. I'd say its got a 50/50 chance of getting funded.

Anachronisms are not always for the worse you know. It helps things stand apart from "just another western" if you ask me. A cartoon has more freedom in this regard than live action, because people are more willing to suspend disbelief.

>that
>a monster
It's just a prettyboy in makeup you casual. And people have the nerve to complain about "monstergirls."

>longgonegulch.tumblr.com/post/148750899508/snag-age-17-species-human-place-of-origin-some
>Snag
>Age: 17
>Species: Human
>Place of Origin: Some big city
>Job: Sheriff
>Interests: Thrill seeking, rock n roll, monster movies, babes, lookin tight.
>Dislikes: Authority figures, hard work, books.

>Ever since he was born, Snag’s been disliked. Not the best lookin’ kid with his jaundice eyes, thick uni brow (runs in the family) and his trademarked snaggle teeth. He had always tried to do the right thing but his attitude is what gets him in trouble. Parents, teachers, cops, bullies; all the people that he looses his cool with. They don’t usually like sarcastic comebacks and Snag’s full of them. But he’s not just some hoodlum like everyone thinks. Snag revels in reading comics, stories about unknown creatures, and all things that are weird. He’s also pretty ok at guitar. I guess he can identify somehow to the monsters in those movies he likes. Even all those things weren’t enough to keep Snag out of trouble. At some point, Snag shut down and just became what everyone thought he was, no good street trash. He’s made his way through many juvenile correction facilities before finding his way to Long Gone Gulch.

>Snag sees his new position as Sheriff, as a sign of redemption. A chance to finally make something of himself. Among the strange creatures living there, Snag finally somewhat feels at home. The strangest creature to him, is Rawhide. Astounded by her knowledge of the Gulch and all things weird, Snag clicked with Rawhide. She encourages him to lasso the moon, when he’s too stuck on the ground. Snag fashioned a giant cactus into his own personal pad. A place where he can play his records loud, work on his Mean Machine hot rod and chill out with his pet rat. Since the town was in shambles upon Snag’s arrival his influence on the Gulch has since become immense treating it like his own personal coloring book. Educating the citizens in his music and culture (meaning rockabilly and monster movies) and injecting things like jukeboxes, soda fountains, drive-ins, and hot rod racing into the old fashioned foundation of the Gulch. The citizens love Snag for his chill demeanor. This uni browed, snaggle toothed street rat has finally found a place he can call home.

This is some embarrassing shit to read. I didn't even care about the self insert thing before but now it sounds like a Gary Stu of himself.

>Those spelling errors
>That blatant misuse of punctuation

Did anyone proofread this?

>on that day user realized the only difference between cringe dA OCs and actual shows are funding

>Ugly kid who is 'super cool' on the outside is actually a huge misunderstood nerd and goes to find himself
Even sounds better.

At least others can be a little more subtle about it. Part of me now really wants to know how creators would in depth describe their creations but reading this makes me afraid.
As shitty as Snag sounds maybe it will be ok.

I think it looks okay. Rawhide is pretty cute.

Why can't they just pitch it to one of these cable channels?

They tried. Nobody wants it.

Why do you think they want to get money to make a pilot?

I'm surprised. Doesn't seem that risky or anything

Does it matter, it's just a stupid cartoon, not like it has some epic story to unravel.

>risky
isn't that a good thing in this context?

Tropes by themselves are neither good or bad, user.

Cause they don't have a pilot to pitch.

I assumed it was taking risks if they would't take it.

See They just don't have the full pilot together yet to even show a network.

How would you predict BW's actual personality? I think she will be a mix of a sassy goth and stanley pines.

I realize they want the money to make it good, they need it to be and are paying the people that help them but what then? If they are going to go all out with animation, sounds, backgrounds, voices to be as top notch as possible it sounds very expensive for a studio to pick up.

I kinda want every word from her mouth to be some kind of mystic bullshit riddle which may or may not be a boldfaced lie.

quirky chaotic neutral

I'd expect her to be a younger, cuter version of Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures. Mystic mumbo jumbo mixed with being a lovable pain in the ass.

Did they purposely make themselves look retarded?

they are a quirky fun creative couple user, you wouldn't understand

>people donated to this

Is it really that bad? Aren't there a lot of good cartoons with the main character based off the creator?

I think it's just one or two aspies throwing a fit. I can't see why a sane adult would give a shit if the main characters are VERY loose caricatures of the co-creators.