Why do people hate him?

Why do people hate him?

>anyone else but me
>people

Kek

because they refuse to read his better works and abse their opinion on the shit ones

I don't. His recent works are crap and I hate a couple but shit has to be pretty damn bad if I'm going to start hating an author over it.

Only Superfags hate him.

Only Liberals hate him.

>only atheists hate an atheist

Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Because they haven't read stuff like Ronin and Daredevil. If they had their just be disappointed.

a house elf

This is really all the thread needed.

>The way he writes women is problematic.
>He hates Superman

are generally the two most expressed reasonings for why they hate him.

I'd like to clarify, I think he's a genius.

Faggots recite the green text above.

Because he turned into an IRL Sup Forums shitposter after 9/11 and the loudest kind at that. And because his creative output in the last decade has been awful and often influenced more by his obnoxious politics than any desire to make high quality comics.

>DKSA (reevaluated and somewhat appreciated now but universally despised at the time)
>All Star Batman & Robin
>Holy Terror
>The Spirit movie and his generally hypocritical attitude towards it
>300: Rise of an Empire movie (probably not his fault)
>Sin City: A Dame to Kill For movie

People are starting to be less hard on him and appreciate him more now that he's mellowed out which just goes to show you that maybe you shouldn't be a loud obnoxious fuck if you want people to like you.

He's just misunderstood.

whats he hiding under that hat

he takes characters I like and rapes them

a true theist does not hate an atheist, she merely pities him

He's a meme writer favored by reddit

People had a bad reaction to the way he made Dick Grayson into a complete fucking joke and had Batman kill him without any regret

Also, Superman fans butthurt about his Superman being a government stooge and getting his ass pummeled by Batman

DKSA was born to fail. It could never live up to the hype of TDKR, which is considered by many to be the best Batman story ever. The fact that it was kinda goofy with wonky art and an obvious 9/11 allegory didn't help much.

Reddit hates him you retard.

I thought that was Alan Moore?

DKSA was a sequel to the most popular and probably influential Batman comic of all time. It was the second coming of Jesus the Batman Creator.

It would have been loved it was anything but art that crossed unmolded lumps of clay with a desk of spilled watercolor paint and a previously equally opportunity satirist going full on right wing nutjob.

He's an unapologetic conservative, and it triggers moderates.

His rant about Occupy Wall Street was spot on for the most part. He just sorta shot himself in the foot by mentioning terrorists.

>WHORES WHORES WHORES
>he hates women
>he hates Superman
>he loves fascist Batman

>1 or 2 posters discussing Frank Miller comics and changes in quality of the years
>20 posters saying HUR DUR MEME MEME SJWS ARE TRIGGERED FEMINISTS BTFO

Neo-Sup Forums really is such a fucking waste

Because he can take it.

I don't. I pity him, the guy clearly went mentally insane after 9/11.

It was written and penciled before 9/11. 9/11 happened while he was inking the later issues.

Because his recent comics are absolute vomit, his art is shit and he hates Superman.

How is this?

Topical and woman-unfriendly.
Kidding, it's awesome.

But it's true. If the quality was such a big factor, you wouldn't have people complaining about how fascist TDKR is, or how sexist his Elektra or Sin city were, in spite of him writing women better than most current writers.

"People" are gonna complain about everything. It's the internet. You're just as bad as the people who whine about sexism if all you do is post blog and tweet screencaps to whine about people whining about sexism.

You're all the cancer that kills discussion because none of you are interested in reading or discussing comics as much as your shitposting your agenda.

You seem to see us Miller fans as a problem. I see the faggots bringing up his "problematic women/politics" as a problem.

Sup Forums, as with much of the world today, likes to think that good art can only be made by someone they like/agree with. Woody Allen movies are all seen as terrible and unwatchable now because people don't like him. Same goes for frank. A bunch of faggots don't like him and post non-Sup Forums reasons like they don't like his elsewhere characterizations so his work is shit.

He writes fascist batman so he's always been shit. He makes women whores so he's always been shit... and so on.

Realistically he's top 5 dead or alive and it becomes pretty fucking annoying having to explain why he's great. His panels (and pages) don't even require words much of the time because he has such a grasp of visual story telling. But his whores make that null apparently.

>People complain about everything, but let's just ignore the complaints I agree with.

I've learned to appreciate his good stuff, but i'll never get over his writing of Superman. A writer that actively hates the character and his fans is infinitely worse then a writer that doesn't understand the character. Miller didn't misinterpret Superman, he wrote a twisted mockery of the character on purpose, a complete opposite of what he stands for. Just like that cock-gobbler Millar when he wrote Unthinkable.

When did Miller claim he hated Superman?

Oh where to begin....

Miller is one of the guys who helped recreate Batman's image into what it is today (*one of* not the only one) and he worked his ass off to get into comics in the first place. He also made Daredevil an interesting character and in his prime just plain knew a lot about what makes comics work.

HOWEVER...

As he grew older he became much more conservative and downright racist, especially towards middle easterners as a general thing ( some interpretations of 300 would indicate he's ALWAYS felt this way.). He hates Superman, became narrowly focus on 'gritty' violence and cynical tones through his stories and all of his female characters are whores,asexual killing machines, one nun, or simple love interests.

He raised a huge stink over his script of Robocop 2 being hollywood'd but had no problem making Will Eisner's The Spirit into an incomprehensible and unrecognizable shitfest and by now has become a hateful little goblin.

Also? It's debatable just how much of his artwork is really his. Without Lynn Varley's work his Ronin comic would have been a squiggly pile of unreadable refuse. His may apply to more of his works since his art style seems to always be degrading

He's a pretty shitty person, he was a great artist and writer for a while then he got old and bitter and his creativity became burdened by his partisanship.

The lawsuit from his former PA proved once and for all he's as unhinged and racist as Holy Terror leads you to believe.

Read the complaints in this thread, and read how many posts complain about him being a racist or about him as a person rather than about Miller the artist,

Oh, my bad. He wrote him like an indecisive coward trampling on all ideals that embody his character and pathetically getting his ass kicked by a 70 year old man because he LOVES him.

Oh, his merits as an artist are very much in question.

His art style has become so stylized (and that is being EXTREMELY generous) that it loses its value for sequential art and his wryting style is now outright hackneyed and pulp-like.

Now, there is the possibility we are looking at something Picasso-like ('classic/realistic art has reached saturation level, it is time to find new ways to express art') but I don't think so.

It is amazing how much his art has changed over the years.

Why must his feelings towards Superman be one of extremes?

...cause his only interpretations of Superman are the worst appearances of the character in a comic ever? Cause he perverts everything Supes stands for and twists it to fit his narrative?

So, you replied to me to... prove my point?

Yes? Are we only to reply to argue?

You realize this isn't an art board, right? It's a comics board. Comics are about conveying a story in multiple images and Frank has done so better than most throughout his career. You may not think his picture is pretty, but thats the subjective part.

Who in his right mind would hate him?

He's a fantastic writer of very specific types of characters.

He can't write women for shit, and while some people in this thread don't seem to see that as a problem, it is a short coming as a writer so whether you like it or not, it is a valid criticism.

While its hardly his fault, the 90's could be typified by a desire to emulate his work by writers who lacked even a fraction of his talent and this created a feeling of fatigue amongst quite a lot of comic fans with regards to Millaresque books.

I think you can also trace a main contributer to the notion of Batman being able to do anything becuse he's fucking Batman back to TDKR, specifically the Superman fight. Yes, he was capable of ludicrous shit before, but TDKR solidified the notion that with enough prep time, Batman could fight a God like Superman and win. I like a bit of Batwank, but some writers lean a little too heavy on it at times.

Basically, theres a lot of resentment, not necessarily shared by me, for the fallout of what Millar did.

Plus he's become a nutter in recent years and that's burned a few fans who are desperate for just another bit of the old magic.

I personally like his work, but he's a writer who is very limited in scope. He may have written some of the best comics ever, but he just doesn't have the range of other writers like Moore, or even Morrison

>He can't write women characters that I like
>He can't write women characters

This is the main problem I have with this perpetually retyped bullshit.

>He can't write women for shit

>gigantic crowds of fans here to see him at Boston Comic Con this weekend
I mean, his older stuff is fun, but the dude turned into a psychopath. And just a flat out bad writer.

A good writer of women would be able to write women of all types of personality user. Its absolutely a valid criticism.

>He can't write female characters that i like

Well shit, its almost as though the OP invited the opinion of people who found fault with Millars work.

Its almost as though perception of art is an opinion, a personal preference different amongst everyone and therefore can't ever be an objective truth.

>A good writer of women would be able to write women of all types of personality user.

So every writer is a terrible fucking writer, since so many fail at writing women most the time.

>being so desperate to defend his psycho hack he's saying literal nonsense
Well, shit, Millerfags are as nutty as him.

him and his fags are shit

Not who you're replying to, but he clearly has unresolved issues with either his mother or a girlfriend/wife.

He's not a "misogynist" the way that tumblr defines the term (i.e. Every straight man ever), but the dude flat out hates women. And that wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't have such an impact on his writing.

He used to write really great stories centered on dudes, but at some point he got old and super fucking crazy. So that's a bummer.
>love Sin City (the comic and the movie)
>excited for the second movie
>it's mostly new stories
>the new stories are fucking awful
I can't hate the guy, cause he's an important part of the history of comics. I'm just a little bummed out

Also, he needs someone to pick out a new wardrobe for him. C'mon, dude.

A lot of his women are cut from the same cloth. Yes WHORES WHORES WHORES is a meme, but there is a nugget of truth in there. His whores aren't even written THAT well.

But again, that's just an opinion mate, no need to get so mad

>I can't hate the guy, cause he's an important part of the history of comics
Alan Moore almost made people take comics seriously, and yet Sup Forums constantly talks shit about him. Feel free to give Miller all the hate he rightfully deserves.

What the Christ

To be fair, most of what Sup Forums takes the piss out of you realise is him being tongue in cheek grumpy/weird.

Like the snake God chaos wizard thing is just him deciding that if he's gonna have a mid life crisis, he might as well go full ham on it, or him disavowing his films was him deciding "fuck it, if im going to throw a tantrum about the artistic integrity of my work being compromised or shat upon, im gonna go all in"

But you people don't let that sit. It's never "he can't write women (in my opinion), but it's okay that you think he's great." It's always "He can't write women (in my opinion) and he's terrible."

If more people quit the farce of saying he's terrible because (again in THEIR opinion) he can't write women then miller fags would let it go. Just because you don't like the content of someone's story doesn't make it a valid reason to overlook their technical prowess.

>please sugarcoat all of your criticisms because i can't deal with them unless you acknowledge my opinion too

I don't hate Millar by any stretch of the imagination user, i'm just not blind to his flaws.

Literally not what I said at all.

I said that having a subjective criticism is not a valid reason for calling something objectively terrible. That's what WHORES WHORES WHORES people tend to do.

There is truth to that though, if a writer can't write 50% of the human population, he has a very large flaw as a writer, and if the majority of writers cant write 50% the majority of writers need work.

>Being so butthurt that you assume someone elses opinion on things based soley on their criticism of things you like

How very tumblr of you

I kinda even question if that IS Miller's art because IIRC Lynn Varley did the inks and colors for Ronin. The impression other artists in the industry gave were that he was a rather minimalist drafter, which of true means Varley did most of the work

Actually, he went a little insane after he was mugged back in the 80's... 9/11 just gave him that little extra nudge. Didn't help that he was going through a divorce at the time.
My bad. I just remember him saying in an interview how 9/11 affected how DKSA turned out, but I'm probably mistaken.
That's mainly because Moore keeps telling everyone how his old stuff is shit and we're all shit for liking it (apart from that one boy who wrote a fanletter to him a while back). Even then, that's because journalists keep asking him for his opinion because they know another rant from crotchety old Mr Moore will get them a couple million pageviews. Bit of a vicious circle, really.

Says the faggot that thinks his opinion of how women should be written should dictate others' opinion of a entire work and career.

Thats literally the definition of Tumblr.

Tell me, besides WHORES, why Frank Miller isn't one of the greatest comic book creators ever.

Except that I didn't. I said that its a failing of his, i never once said that he was a terrible writer. I've also never said that my opinion should inform yours.

OP asked why people hate Millar, I listed reasons some people, not necessarily me, dislike aspects of his work

I think he absolutely is one of the greatest comic book creators ever, like i said, im just not blind to his flaws

Why are you so upset mate?

Difference is that the majority can 'write women well' it's just that women and liberals have delusions of what women are like in real life and hate seeing reality mirrored in art.

Then they complain when they're written to try to cater to their delusions because 'mary sue' 'man with tits' etc.

It's not that women aren't written well, it's that women hate women and so feel true depictions of women are 'unrealistic' and 'problematic'

Are you retarded or something?

>Woody Allen movies are all seen as terrible and unwatchable now because people don't like him. Same goes for frank.

This really is the perfect example as to why you are full of shit.

Yes there are some clickbait articles that focus on Allen's personal life but literally every film he makes gets a Cannes release and less than three years ago he had a film nominated for Best Screenplay, Best Supporting Actress and Best Actress Oscars that WON the Best Actress for Blanchett.

No one says everything he makes is terrible and unwatchable it's just a select vocal minority who you enable by reposting instead of ignoring.

Ronin miller art > TDKR miller art > daredevil miller art > sin city miller art > anything-post-sin-city miller art

>all of his female characters are whores,asexual killing machines, one nun, or simple love interests.
...really?

...really?

...REALLY?

Exception confirms the rule. This characters is a fucking miracle in Miller's writing.

Pictured: a WHORE, apparently.

He is Zack Snyder's inspiration

Yindel isn't written as a woman though, she's written as a man

I don't think all of Millars women are whores, just playing devils advocate mate

Objectively correct

Look at that whore. Why isn't she talking like a quirky 12 year old like real women in modern comics.

That's the same character but taller, same hair and everything.

What the heck kind of name is 'Yindel' anyway?

(...)

There is a woman with that maiden name living in Norfolk. Is it some kind of obscure in-joke? Did Frank know a woman named 'Yindel'?

This has been gnawing at me since 1990 in fact.

I'm pretty sure he drew Ronin for Varley to color, and that's a big part of what makes it good.

>What the heck kind of name is 'Yindel' anyway?

You're thrown off by the naming conventions of a futuristic cyberpunk dystopia?

Best Loss edit.