Why Germans so paranoid about Google Maps?

Why Germans so paranoid about Google Maps?

This annoys me as well.

unlike english common law, germans have very strict legislation concerning privacy. You cannot photograph someones residence without their permission, even if it is in plain view.

i'm surprised it isn't banned in more countries. just think how easy it has become for enemies, criminals or terrorists to plan out their attack now with google maps

Past experiences with 2 police states within one century.

What am I looking at?

We had that as well.

>just think how easy it has become for enemies, criminals or terrorists to plan out their attack now with google maps
Are you one of these guys who thinks that encrypted messengers should be banned cause terrorists use them?

>had

Dumb question, but directions still work right?

street view availability

Well FSB maybe have a lot of access to our privacy, but it's not even close to USSR, Nazi Germany or GDR.

yes

what?
don't you see the potential danger of putting all places in a country up on the internet for everyone to see?

Building a strong millary complex.

in op's map it says that germany is lacking street view and that doesn't have anything to do with gps tracking or satellite imaging

Nope. Google Street View is availiable for many years already, what bad thing ever happened because of them? If terrorists are going to btfo something in Europe, they usually have some local radical muslims for that.

Your country is literally run by a clique that is composed of former secret service apparatchiks.

if anyone can already view satellite images of your streets, might as well allow street view as well
if you're that concerned about privacy, allowing one and not allowing the other kindof defeats the purpose

But still its not even close to USSR

your country is run by oligarchs who are intimidated by former KGB members

Gee it looks like they'd be hiding something...
What could it be?

extermination camps

F-for w-what?

just stored until the poles want to use them again against jes