Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

If they were going to give them different designs, why not just go back to the red masks?

Branding

They look better with colour-coded masks.

Still confusing.

OH SHIT, KARAI IS THE NEW SHREDDER

Apparently someone never watched the 2003 series.

Just like in the 2003 cartoon.

I heard Super Shredder appears this season.

Hopefully this means we'll finally get some more 2003 pandering this season.

OH SHIT SUPER SHREDDER

Fuck, I forgot it was back today.

Why would I watch the shitty 2003 series?

>2003
>shitty

That series was dark as hell. Only Fast Forward was shitty.

How do you know it's shitty if you haven't watched it?

Also, if you watched the 2012 trainwreck, you will be fine watching a superior product.

Go back to eating your moldy cereal and jerking off to the reporter version of April you smelly 80sfag who's never read the actual comics.

I actually have read some comics. Plus, wasn't the 2003 series MOSTLY inspired by the comics?

>dark = good
Stay in school, kid.

I probably watched 8 episodes, everything about it is horrible.

>80sfag
I've seen one episode of the 80's show.
I guess you're spot on about the comics though, I've only read Volume One of Mirage a few years back, and I didn't continue reading IDW.

So, the next episode is a Leo and Karai episode that goes wrong. Why does Brandon Auman have an addiction with this shit?

Have fun when the Nick show is replaced in a year and forgotten by in light of a new cartoon. Seriously you're not into any other version but you like this soulless toy commercial? It's bland as hell.

>you're not into any other version
I just don't like 2003. The only reason I didn't continue with IDW is because I hate digital reading.
And if you think the Nick show is soulless you've probably only seen a few random episodes here and there.

Weren't fans attacking him at some point?

So a Female Ninja's best fighting technique is.....kicking a guy in the balls. Fuck this shitty show. April has gone full Mary Sue. Now she has mutant Jean Grey powers and can fight like the guys. This show has turned more gynocentric.

Will they actually stick to actually making the rest of the season focused on Shredder and Karai? Or will they revert to forcing in the Krang yet again?

>If they were going to give them different designs why not go back to the thing that makes them all look the same

>Le 80s show pandering and referencing shit kids don't know about XD!

Don't get me wrong, 2K12 is good, but no way in fucking hell is it as good as 2K3

>I didn't continue with IDW is because I hate digital reading.
Buy the print versions.

This. And even when they have different designs, the masks make them much easier to distinguish.
The difference between purple and orange is a lot more pronounced than the difference between green and brownish green.

Okay.

I need money for that.

>I need money for that.
So don't complain to read digital comics for free.

>spend half a season trying to find and cure Snakarai
>gets healed offscreen and is perfectly normal again

This is horse shit.

Didn't we see her lose the brain worm at the end of her last appearance?

It's been on hiatus so many months I can't even remember now. I thought the problem was she was irreversibly turning into snake form and needed help staying human.

They seem to half-ass all of their long-term problems. Remember how Kirbybat looked like it would be a season-long plot only for them to hurredly wrap it up mid-season with little to no fanfare?

Or the way the Kraang were defeated.

Wait, is she even partially mutant? That's bullshit.

Remember Timothy? That one character who only had three episodes and was forgotten for 2 whole seasons? When the fuck will they finally cure him?

>mutating Shredder

Really? Fucking really?

Well, at least Shinigami is a babe.

Stockman was able to stabilize her somewhat when they captured her and put the brainworm in.

Do they even still have what's left of him? I remember the lair got trashed by Foot once and they never commented on him again.

She looks like she would be fun to play in a fighting game. Has that quickness and finesse. Reminds me of Lili with her kicks.

He's still int he intro.

Then again, so is Metal head and Spike...

But she is still a mutant.

As long as they don't make him half-animal, I'm fine.

I'm more surprised that they haven't mutated Hun yet.

>Hun

Literally who? Oh wait, that guy that showed up in two episodes and was never seen again, right...

He's coming back, if only to get his ass kicked.

I'm kinda glad the show, judging from the commercials, seems to be heading towards a huge gang war.

This from the guy who only saw eight episodes...

'City at War' adaptation, it seems.

Is she evil AGAIN? When will need to that shit kunoichi have the realization she's doing shit from the fucking begining?

No she's good again but still refusing to fully ally with the turtles because she wants to do it all herself.

Nah, she's forming a more honorable Foot Clan to obliterate Shredder and his empire.

What the fuck do you like?Just the 2012 show and the movies? Maybe the Archie stuff, too? You haven't really dug in the Mirage or IDW stuff,apparently, and you haven't watched much of the 80's and 2k3 cartoons. Are you just a fan of the general idea? Became a fan through action figures, icecream,and t-shirts?

How did Shredder get so fucked up that he's on life support? What happened?

Is there a mega for this episode?

The last episode where the Turtles return back to Earth and stopped the Triceratons, Splinter was (somehow) able to not get backstabbed by Shredder, and was promptly buttfucked by Splinter afterwards.

Rewatch Earth's Last Stand. Splinter hits him with a bunch of nerve cluster strikes and just fucking leaves him there, leaving the viewer to assume he's dead or crippled. Obviously the answer is somewhere in between.

Where is art of new witch girl? It's been an hour already, c'mon guys.

Leo shouted out a warning to him just seconds before Shredder struck, which was all a trained ninja master needed for his reflexes to kick in.

>And if you think the Nick show is soulless you've probably only seen a few random episodes here and there.

Nearly every single fucking episode is meant to promote an action figure whom we never see again, how is that not a soulless creation?

>why not just go back to the red masks?

Why not just have them with no masks? They ain't hiding shit. Cloth across their eyes with some holes in it to see through ain't gonna fool me into thinking they're not giant bipedal talking turtles.

What was most bullshit about this episode is Karai texts help and the turtles suddenly know to find her in some hidden storeroom that's never been mentioned before.

And Mikey swiftly forgets all about Renee.

Its to keep the sweat out of their eyes.

And reminder that until Eastman and Laird changed their minds, they would have looked like this.

I know what Leo did. And I know it's the goat as fuck Splinter, but that was still bullshit how it was handled.
>Muh suspense
Fuck off, that was poorly handled, and I just find it bass-ackwards to have all that damn time in the world to tell Splinter to kick the fuck out of the Shredder before he actually made a move. EVERYTHING at the moment could have been better handled since they know what's GOING TO HAPPEN.

I would too. Besides it's not like she's ever gonna be seen again for another 30 episodes. Take the goth puss and run with it while you can.

>Archie
Oh boy, just like the shitty Sonic comics

Found the misogynist. Are you angry? Angry that the world doesn't belong to your anymore? Hahahahaha!

>tfw all that talk about time travel and only getting one shot to save the Earth, and nobody brings up Renet

>until Eastman and Laird changed their minds, they would have looked like this.

Half of them aren't all that much different from the classic look.

Honestly, I think they should just wear some fucking clothes. Pants and shoes at the least.

Fuck you, the Archie TMNT comics were genuinely good. They were objectively superior to the cartoon that they spun off from, having actual stakes and character development. It was the first time the implications of Krang being a warlord were made explicit; when they arrived on Earth shortly after their brief space wrestling misadventure, they meet a version of Wingnut and Screwloose who're the last of their respective symbiotic species, out for revenge on Krang for ethnically cleansing their homeworld.

Surprised they didn't have their version of Penders

I think they only had one main writer all the way through, with guest writers only doing a couple of one-shots and contributing to the quarterly specials.

Another relationship they'll focus on for five minutes then forget. Only it's be worse since it's Mikey.

Hopefully they won't drop the ball as hard as the space arc and redeem themselves.

I really like Shinigami, and the idea of Shredder vs Karai with the turtles stuck in the middle is a good setup for the new status quo.

Can't wait to see how they fuck it all up.

Giving each turtle a love interest is stupid. They're not human, they should be repulsed at the thought of mating with one just as we should be at the thought of boning a turtle. At least the Raph/Mona thing remotely makes sense since they're both amphibians.

Turtles are reptiles.

But they live in the water

Not all of them.

How do you guys feel about April being a full-fledged psychic ninja? It was pretty obvious from the beginning of the series that they were going to make April a super-special snowflake, but the ninja training and the psychic powers have been such a slow burn that it actually feels pretty earned at this point.

>They're not human, they should be repulsed at the thought of mating with one just as we should be at the thought of boning a turtle.
There are plenty of TMNT fans who want to bone or be boned by the turtles tho.

Fuck you, Ryan Brown was a friend of Eastman & Laird's from Mirage Studios.

So do crocodiles. And alligators. And snakes.

TMNT has never done romance well. The franchise has always been more about familial love than romantic love. Even Casey and April feels contrived most of the time. And honestly, that's fine. Not every series has to have romance in it to be good.

(Special shoutouts to Elias Koteas and Judith Hoag for being the only versions of Casey and April to have legitimate chemistry.)

I'm glad she got fucked up on her first time out. Shows she's really a beginner at it still and has a long way to go. If she was able to hold her own with the turtles right away I would've called bullshit.

I feel cheated that we've gotten 0 (ZERO) transformation scenes of her.

By the way, no MEGA for today's episode?

I'm surprised there's not a lot of outrage for Super-Shredder.

I don't think anyone cares that much to make a MEGA for this series anymore at this point

Female warriors are a joke and no amount of "taking your time training" will ever change that. The only "men" who like this shit are beta loser males and simps.

I was going to say you're full of shit, but then I realized that movie is why they're my OTP in the first place, yeah.

Right? You'd think if any series did a remake of The Cat-Woman from Channel 6, this would be it.

Because I'm sure you're a rock hard model of "alpha" masculinity.

Why would there be? They've done as much as they can with normal Shredder. Plus Super was the coolest part of the second movie.

>people being "outraged" at the coolest part of the second movie and the most memorable boss of the old Konami games returning to the franchise after only appearing on-screen for 3 minutes total over 20+ years ago
What the actual fuck is wrong with you.

Was Shinigami ever in the comics or other series?

No.

After watching all the TMNT series throughout the decades, I would rank them as follows:

2003 (seasons 1-5) > 80's > Back to the Sewer > Nick > 96's Anime > Fast Forward > The Next Mutation

As someone who has read a lot of the comics. I just cannot like the Nick version. Something feels off about the characters and there are too many Deus Ex moments.

Lastly, The 2003 version of April is the best. The Nick and 80's version are poorly written.

Because you guys complain a lot about human characters always ending up being mutated.

But this is Shredder. He's special.

She's gonna mutate into a cat, you know that right?

She is already a cat, what's the point?

She got her ass completely handed to her even with powers (which although random have been slowly escalating since the start of the series) and Raph outright stated at the start of the episode that she is still like 6-8 levels below them.