Yet another great DC exclusive

I actually don't keep up with Tokyo Ghoul, so what's the deal with that?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/article/sean-murphy-to-follow-all-star-batman-with-his-own-dark-knight-comic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

comicbookresources.com/article/sean-murphy-to-follow-all-star-batman-with-his-own-dark-knight-comic

Ah it's ending.

SGM isn't a good writer.

who cares? I'll buy it just for his art like Francis Manapul's Trinity and upcoming Aquaman: Earth One.

Interested. Don't see it being good though given Murphy's track record.

Knew I wasn't the only one getting Trinity for the art.

But he's not a bad writer. He's serviceable enough that you can justify buying the book for more than the art. Not that you'd be wrong for buying it for the art alone. I mean, that's why I bought Pretty Deadly. Besides, how's he supposed to become a better writer if he doesn't write and receive criticism so he can see what he's doing wrong and/or where his weakpoints are?

>I actually don't keep up with Tokyo Ghoul, so what's the deal with that?

Remender being an old man screaming at clouds. In this case equating the internet and late-modernity with drug addiction. I mean I hate reality tv and celeb culture too, but hell I don't go screaming or writing a shitty comic about it.

>In this case equating the internet and late-modernity with drug addiction.
Are you sure you're not reading into thing too much? Memender is a tech savvy. Nigga plays PS4 and does AMAs and other stupid shit.

Tokyo Ghoul is an anime i think?

Wasn't he already DC exclusive?

This is like a Marvel fan making a thread about Coipel being Marvel exclusive

He was doing Tokyo Ghost so he probably wasn't exclusive.

before the new contracts you could do image and dark horse shit
it just meant no marvel

I think he meant Tokyo Ghost.

Murphy was more or less a DC "exclusive" anyway, yes.

he's an artist so it's not like he can do two books at once

DC WINS AGAIN
HAHAHAHHA

SGM isn't a very good writer though

>Are you sure you're not reading into thing too much

No. I am pretty sure since he beats us in the head with a sack of hammers about the inhumanity of the connected internet age and the brave new media platforms that are destroying mankind while he valorizes the new age Luddites and the primitive tech free societies that are portrayed as mostly unsullied and uncorrupted from the late-modern world.

While the first issue is really on the nose and dumb the later issues feel more like Remender is taking inspiration from the pulpy sci-fi and japshit that he loves drawing from rather than making a real statement.

STOP IT!

>buying something solely for the art

Didn't know people on Sup Forums where this pleb

Wait did DC change its contracts so exclusive literally means "DC only"? Fuck them.

Orlando has a bunch of stuff coming up with publishers who aren't marvel

Also Greg Capullo and Frank Quietly are working with Mark Millar right now. Chris Burnham has some Image one shot he worked on coming out soon

>valuing visuals in a visual medium is pleb

>Chris Burnham
He's not Dc exclusive

I think it's heavily implied to do your creative stuff at vertigo now
maybe it's not necessary

>CBR

Better than a lot of hacks that don't even draw.

Sup Forums puts writers first. People were jacking off to Grayson despite Janin's hack art

Sup Forums also considers Justice League Dark to be good despite the godawful shitty 3D poser art shit.

When has Sup Forums ever liked JLD at all

Whenever it gets mentioned, or when people want to know where to read more about magic characters in DC, it's the first thing always mentioned?

Most people say it was wasted potential, not that it was good

Really? I found that they put good writers on it and all of them were shit on it

By art, people mean visual storytelling, not comics just being eye candy. Most modern day artists are shit and not worth it, relying too much on cinematic loose panelling and flashy things with no mind to tight storytelling or perception.
Most of them are equivalent to Snyder's scenes.

He might not be a good writer, but his art more than makes up for it.

>Actually saying he's going to write an opus

>mfw these mouseketeers try to shitpost

You guys are pathethic

>hurf durf he never have good writer
Then why do you fags rave about Del Mundo? Or Emma Rios. Or Manapul? not to mention that yo always exaggerate because Murphy has enjoyed better writing than those three ever have

>hurfa durfa but he is not good writer
Because he wrote 1(one) comic? and it wasn't even that bad. You guys still try to defend KSD or Spencer or even fucking Lobdell.

Shh, let him shitpost.

What has he written except for Punk rock Jesus? I don't see how that makes him a bad artist?

*writer

How the fuck is it shitposting if it's true, jackass?

Since Constantine became the new meme character that you have to like to be "cool comic expert" and not a pleb

Nothing you said is true, Sup Forums has always shat on JLD regardless of the writer it had at any time. Furthermore, Janin's art in it is far worse than what he did in Grayson.

Why would you ever be stupid enough to tell people something is your opus before it comes out?

>Sup Forums has always shat on JLD
Factually wrong.

It's probably going to be the Steampunk Gotham comic that was cancelled a few years ago.

Yeah, this is really something you don't do. I don't think anyone should sit down and go "I'm going to write my magnum opus now!"I don't think that's up to you to decide. It's fans and critics who decide that. It's like forming a band and saying "We're going to be the next Beatles!"

>I don't think anyone should sit down and go "I'm going to write my magnum opus now!"
On the contrary, everyone should do this every time they start a new project

>It's like forming a band and saying "We're going to be the next Beatles!"
not really

Should anyone writing a sci-fi comic sit down and tell themselves they're going to write the next Incal? Should the next Superman writer say they're going to write the next All-Star Superman or Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? It just seems arrogant, entitled, and reeks of a great lack of self-awareness. You don't sit down and write Watchmen or Dark Knight Returns, you just sit down and write the best story you can write at the time. If it gets big and has an impact that great, wonderful. But if it didn't then try again next time.

magnum opus is just the person's best work, dum dum.

Kek holy shit you are salty millennial. If you disagree with anything in Tokyo Ghost you are dead wrong. Social media and tv have made the populace brain dead as hell. It's telling that your entire generation is obsessed with being judged online and voicing their opinions constantly with their names attached like they actually matter. Its the most narcissistic society has ever been.

And again, I don't think that's up to the creator(s) to decide.

Im hyped as fuck and will be picking up the trade.

Because overly inflated ego?

Cause hes excited? Pull the stick out of your ass.

Magnum opus are mostly agreed upon long after they were written though. Several writers who were entirely unsuccessful their entire lives had that happen, like Edgar Allen Poe, no one liked his stories and books until near the end of his life and when he was dead.

Tell that to Mark Millar. He says he's going to write the best Superman story of all time next year.

He's saying he's striving to make it his best work. Why does that upset you so much? Its one of the best artist in the biz on arguably the largest character and most sought after job in the business. Shame on him for wanting to try his best and letting fans know.

>On the contrary, everyone should do this every time they start a new project

Yeah, nothing wrong with having ambition. I'd rather see someone go all out and fail than make safe work

Ed Piskor talks about how when he's drawing he sits down and tells himself that every page will be his best one yet

Mark Millar is also an fuckhole who lacks self-awareness and has his head shoved so far up his own ass he eats his own shit for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

That's still not how designating your best work is, every work you pump out should be your best. Because admitting you half-assed that last story doesn't look too good.

Yeah but when he writes good shit, he writes it.

>every work you pump out should be your best
Yeah and that is obviously not the case with most of the industry. There are way more people working for a page rate than people who take pride in their work

There's better ways to say that than "I'm going to write my magnum opus!" when it's only the second book you've written.

Some people have gotten to a point in their careers where they no longer have to try because their name alone will sell a book. Or ten. They just have to put words on a page in a manner that only vaguely resembles a story and choose a good artist and let them carry the books while they rake in the money and continue to shit out awful scripts with repeated dialogue to fill space while nothing of any real substance happens.

There's a difference between good shit and the best Superman story of all time.

Well, Red Son could be close, if not for the fact that it's not regular Superman. Certainly it's one of the top 5 Superman stories of all time.

You need to read more Superman books if you honestly believe this. It's good but not special. Millar himself was written better Superman stories.

To be fair he did have the #firerickremender bs to deal with.

I've read a lot of Superman shit, user. Believe me. Even obscure shit Sup Forums never bothers to mention because they don't read more comics other than prefabricated recommendation lists. It's a great story. Not the regular Superman as I said, but one of the better comics written featuring a version of Superman in it.

>An elseworld's Batman book

Neat

>great
Artist, yes
Writer, no

Damn son I miss the elseworlds.

But it;s quite middling as a comic as well.

>my DK and my Year 100

Oh boy another dystopia Batman

hilarious and original

>yet another Batman book

Fucking yawn.
Murphy's a great artist alright, but an utter dickwad. He doesn't need any more ego stroking either, but this book and its inevitable success will ensure its eternal longevity

>millenials complaining about millenials

that is even sader. just so sad.

Millenials won't rest until they've complained about everything.