Looking for some pure 80's

It doesn't have to be "good" per se, just something thick with pure undiluted 80's'ness. That just gives a high dose of those nostalgia vibes. Prefer lesser known quantities, but really whatever comes to mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JMeD9nrpfeY
youtube.com/watch?v=G0WsqcmdjVo
youtube.com/watch?v=PE1lzqJCeJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Wizard (1989)

Commando, Rocky III and IV, Red Dawn, ROTJ

Breakfast Club

GREMLINS

Reagan was evil and Bush and his dumbass son ruined this country. Clinton and Obama were good but now Drumpf is taking things to whole new levels. Fuck the 80's and fuck white people.

Just wait for Ready Player One.

Cobra.

So 80s, it even ends in the completely automated fire and sparks factory.

Clinton merely piggybacked off the success of Bush Sr.

ready player one

>Reagan was evil

lol

this, and the 80s sucked

the concept of eras is much more interesting than the actual eras themselves, being part of an era makes you realize how stupid nostalgia is

Ghostbusters
Back to the Future
The Neverending Story
Tootsie
Caddyshack

Bright Lights, Big City

I disagree. I think games and gadgets were just coming into being, lots of movies about adventure and being yourself -- and it was before the internet, i feel the internet leveled culture and made us much more homogeneous and useless.

Oh yes and:
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
A Christmas Story

Risky Business. Super 80s with a super 80s soundtrack and as a plus, it's a pretty good movie

Stfu, Bush 41 is prob the best pres this side of LBJ unless you're from Sup Forums and muh Jewish CIA conspiracy. The Gulf War is a model for how future interventions should be handled, and his raising of taxes when he knew it would be unpopular is a big reason for the dotcom boom being as big as it was. He was a great man and a great president.

Nice. This too.

>80s
>before the internet
'no'

Here you go.

You're welcome.

??? It existed but hardly in any way even near its current form. I feel like most people didn't have it until like around 95.

Ohhhhh, this looks great. I watched Death Race 2000 on Sunday, so I'm in a Stallone mood.

I didn't say he was a complete fuckup but it's hard to ignore that he brought Dubya into existence and by extension an unnecessary war and thousands of lives lost.

Hit up what was considered romantic comedies back then: Valley Girl, Last American Virgin, Porky's, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

To Live and Die in LA

So many high school movies that really capture the vibe:
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Weird Science

Here ya go, friend.

/thread

nigger.

Dude the 80's? epic.

wow anyone else remember this hidden gem?

I saw someone wearing a shirt with that on it today. I live in a liberal area too so it's weird. Thanks for subscribing to my blog.

youtube.com/watch?v=JMeD9nrpfeY

kino soundtrack

Anyone seen Bogus Journey? I've heard it's better.

It's kind of better in some ways but doesn't have same 80's feel and fun tone.

Stranger Things is 40% nostalgia

Real Genius.

This right here invented the 80s as we know them.

See also:
Body Double
Trading Places

Beverly Hills Cop, National Lampoon's Vacation, War Games

bogus journey is pure kino honestly the soundtrack the plot everything about it is gold. they went from time travel flick to some off the wall shit there is no other movie like it really a product of the time when original movies where given chances. there is no way they could ever make a sequel like that now. it just threw everything and the kitchen sink to make for a epic comedy adventure movie. honestly you and everyone else who hasnt seen it go see it now youtube.com/watch?v=G0WsqcmdjVo

Robocop is about as 80s as it gets.

Over The Top. It's a Stallone movie that fell under the radar, and essentially a lighter version of Rocky except it's about arm wrestling.

adventures in babysitting, gremlins, literally any 80s movie that was popular....

It's on the list now. Thanks

Phantasm

Van Damme's stuff is mostly early 90's but I think it's still worth checking out. They fit in perfectly with action movies from the 80's because of how cheesy they are.

I can only think of well-known ones. Freaks and Geeks annoyed me because if you lived in an area like Maryland, Virginia, New York or The West Coast outside of Oregon, it was actually about The 70s.

Kung Fury did a good job, possibly because Scans had probably only just seen the movies they were parodying a few weeks before the producers started making it. It delves into cliches from the 90s and early 2000s near the last 4th of it, though.

How did raising taxes affect the dot.com boom?

>Lineage-shaming

Nigger detected.

Donnie Darko

Of course!
>Mouth translating Spanish
classic

That movie isn't hidden. It was huge when it came out.

I love old poster taglines

> i feel the internet leveled culture and made us much more homogeneous and useless.
i hate you "le wrong generation :( life was better before the internet" luddite faggots so much

I've never been comfier

Everything you need right here

A lot of Tom Hanks' movies in the 80s have a nostalgic vibe to them. Some Eddie Murphy tiltes too I think (I might be mixing up his 90s stuff with the 80s)

>Blade Runner
>Escape from LA
Doesn't get any more 80s than these

>Clinton and Obama were good

>Exterminator I & II
>Repoman
>Timerider
>Pink Cadillac
>Hidden
>Surf Nazis Must Die

>Band of the Hand
>Tuff Turf
>Less Than Zero

Not the best 80s movies, but all have that decadent 80s vibe.

Perfect

Any more /comfycomedy/ like this?

The bait is strong with this one

Most of 80's Eddie Murphy is comfy imho, like Trading Places and Beverly Hills Cop.

Also, what about pic related?

It objectively was, faggot

Rambo I&II
Back to the Future
Say Anything
Goonies
Ghostbusters
Roger Rabbit
Better Off Dead
Stand By Me
Coming to America
Beverly Hills Cop
Robocop
Fast Times
Beetlejuice
Escape From NY

I'd also lump in The Warriors and Ninja Turtles, even though they released in 1979 and 1990, respectively. They both have the feel of 80's movies, even if technically just outside.

Also these

Not that, but the cover makes me think of Canadian Bacon, which in turn makes me think of other (better) John Candy movies that came out in the 80's.

A lot of Pryor's best stuff was from the 80's as well.

It doesn't get any eightyer than this
youtube.com/watch?v=PE1lzqJCeJ0