Hank HIll is objectively a garbage friend...

Hank HIll is objectively a garbage friend. He knew of his best friend was being cheated on for 13 years and said nothing like a coward. His other best friend Bill suffers from loneliness and depression and he does nothing unless he absolutely has to. When John Redcorn needed a shoulder to cry on his first instinct was to leave the car and abandon him as usual.

Childhood is idolizing Hank, adulthood is realizing Peggy is superior in every way.

yea he's a douche for not telling Dale

also Peggy doesnt tell him either, so she's no better

I think you mean adulthood is realizing Boomhauer is superior in every way.

Doesn't he not say anything because Dale is a good father to Joseph? And he doesn't want to fuck that up?

this

He represents the average american, and thats why I hate the show so much: dumb, no aspirations or interests, abusive and afraid of everything he doesnt understand.

IM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!!!

Don't forget charcoal is objectively better than propane

also Toyota > Ford

I can understand their reasoning for not telling, but they should have kicked the shit out of John Redcorn to make him stay away. Dale was a grown man that wanted attention through pity, they were right not to indulge him.

>want to eat
>have to build fire
>wait
>eat

caveman leave

The situation is a lot less black and white as you think it is. Besides it's none of his business. Alot of people still don't think so but the episode that basically says John Redcorn's punishment is watching an idiot raise his only son and legitimately love him is Dale's ultimate revenge. Peggy is an entirely different story.

Remember that time Hank bought and solicited crack between his friends?

The truth no matter how uncomfortable is always better than a lie.

Meanwhile in europooristan following your aspirations or interests and going outside makes it easier to get blown up.

>final episode reveals boomhauer to be a fucking texas ranger

nah, honesty is overrated.

its okay i rather have that than having my kids be shot up by mentally ill people my government refuses to help

If you were being cucked you would want to know.

Who /octavio/ here?

Is Octavio hired by Dale or is he the world's most loyal friend? Is this ever explained in an episode?

>He doesnt own a hybrid grill

The show addresses this, and Hank isn't a bad guy. He is just flawed like everyone else.

Hank was emotionally abused by his father as a child, he is pretty much autistic when it comes to anything involving real emotion. Hank learned to shut down when he'd see his father abuse his mom. Hank's mind just goes blank. This is why Bobby behaves as though he's been raised by a single mom, Hank is so autistic that he may as well not even be there.

Hank makes an effort to be as good of a man as he can. But he literally can't connect to the people closest to him on any sort of emotional level, and they suffer for it because their best friend (or dad in Bobby's case) is like talking to a wall. His marriage with Peggy works because her narcissistic tendencies mean she doesn't need Hank for emotional support. Just having her thoughts and feelings is enough for Peggy.

>muh parents are the reason im bad at life

Hank was much better at life than his father, he was just messed up in a few ways because of him too.

Nice perspective on things. Thanks.

>Hank was emotionally abused by his father as a child, he is pretty much autistic when it comes to anything involving real emotion. Hank learned to shut down when he'd see his father abuse his mom. Hank's mind just goes blank. This is why Bobby behaves as though he's been raised by a single mom, Hank is so autistic that he may as well not even be there.
I haven't seen every episode, They actually showed/implied that in the show? Damn that's dark

No, most of the time Hank is the one trying to teach Bobby the lesson, but he has trouble doing it because of how he is shut off because of his dad. Then the episodes always end wit Hank finding a way to overcome and solve the problem.

A few episodes drop hints or show scenes from Hank's childhood, and it's pretty shitty. There is a lot of darkness in the show, it's just usually so funny that it's easy to look past it.

Hank isnt supposed to be a paragon of morality and virtue, he's an everyman, not a hero. The whole show is about different Texas archetypes, not showing the noble man who's always right

Go tell everyone in your life what you really think of them and tell me if you still think this.

One thing we can all agree on: King of the Hill is pure adult cartoon Kino

how does hank live so comfortably as a cashier with a substitute teacher for a wife?

I've never been to Texas but I've been to numerous southern states, I'm just assuming property value and cost of living are dirt cheap (because no one wants to live there)

hes an associate Im sure octavio sticks around cause dale provides him with the necessary goods for the muscle

Forget Hank, how in the fuck does Bill make enough cutting hair, is he on a veterans benefit?
Also what the fuck dos Boomhauer do?

the episode where Hank takes his mom and her old lady friends to the miniature museum shows a good glimpse at his childhood

well put user

Boomhauer is a Texas State Ranger

Dont forget about Sally.

Hank is assistant manager and possibly makes commission of the propane accessories.
Bill was still in the army and getting whatever they pay sergeants. Boomhauer was a Texas Ranger, but that was just an asspull for the finale.

being assistant manager at a propane shop pays well enough to own a large home and a truck like he has?

The problem is Hank has high intelligence but barely any emotional intelligence, and that's kind of where a lot of the show's jokes came from.

Also adulthood is idolising Dale desu

>a large home
it had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
not very big

different times.

Pump jockey works for tips

Peggy realized it was too late and doing it now could tear the family apart.

I liked the theory that he was a literal pimp.

>cityfag detected

>implying
Hank, for all his emotional wants, is actually a great friend. There are plenty of episodes where he ends up having to save Bill or Dale from some dumb thing that they did

Literal opinion of a 10yr old

its fucking Texas, not downtown Brookyln. Look up price parity and purchasing power.

>Peggy works because her narcissistic tendencies mean she doesn't need Hank for emotional support
That's literally the opposite of Narcissism. Clinical Narcissists have low-self esteem and seek to use & manipulate other people to validate their own worth. Narcissists depend on external gratification for internal emptiness.

Hank's home was probably mortgaged in the 80s and it's a pretty small ranch house in the south. Plus his truck for most of a series is just a Ranger, not like it's a lifted F-350 with truck nuts.

I grew up in KY and for like 30k/year you could live pretty damn comfortably if you didn't live in one of the two cities in the state.

Yeah, this sounds like Peggy.

>Bill episode
>Has a happy ending

Based comment.

Woah, a 10/10 on Sup Forums?

>literal pimp
As opposed to a metaphorical pimp?

as opposed to using it as slang so maybe a rhetorical pimp

Dale has lots of guns and deals very poorly with stress.

You really think a shooting rampage on Rainey Street, spilling into Arlen proper is better than Dale being cucked?

underrated

>Throwing gib me govt money at a problem fixes it.

"Bills Were Made to be Broken" is kino

I assume no one told him because he would probably go mental over it. He stock piles guns and enjoys killing. Would it really surprise anyone if he found out he might kill Nancy and Joseph?

theres literally an episode all about this, you jackass

he doesnt do it because dale raises him as a good father, more than redcorn ever could, because it would break their family aprt, and because it would shatter what little remaining trust an unstable guy like dale has to anything in the world

>Poor user can't handle a discussion about the universe of a cartoon show that doesn't have a black and white answer to

the episode where Hank finds out he was born in NYC show how Cotton used Hank's mom even when she was pregnant, and most likely forced her into secrecy about the whole thing

>enjoys killing

Dale can barely hunt deer.

he's head of the gun club

D A L L A S

S A L A D

Hank mentioned in Dog Dale Afternoon that he's only president because he owns the most guns.

he's president because he tells the best stories, brings cookies, and helped them out (soldier of misfortune, I think?) when Mad Dog went crazy and held hank, Bill, boomhauer hostage

Yeah have fun telling that truth to a man who has enough guns to arm a small militia, booby traps his own home with arrows to kill home invaders without even letting his family know constantly putting them at risk and even nearly killing his son at one point because of it, diagnosed with dementia by the government, and is so close to the brink of insanity that a simple prank by his friends made him go hide in a tower with a fucking sniper rifle.

>He knew of his best friend was being cheated on for 13 years and said nothing like a coward
like a man who knows women are not meant to be tied to one man

He didn't have a rifle, it was a bug sprayer. He was in the tower spraying for bugs.

Oh yeah he tried to lie he had one after the police came. Sorry I'm retarded. Also gotta love the little continuity nod of Dale asking Bobby to shoot him if there is no other choice because he knows Bobby is an amazing shot.

Well you know what they say Ford stands for.

Fix it again Tony

thats a fiat, Dale

Agreed. You can also make the claim that Dale is adulthood as well.

Their house doesn't even have a basement

I do, my life is very smooth, never any upsets with my pals.

Dale is literally a midlife crisis

he's always hatching a new scheme or something instead of settling down and focusing on his career and family

This is a very good post. Hank has only a small group of friends he is comfortable with, a fixation on propane and a semi-arbitrary personal code. He has trouble recognizing the advances of his co-worker at first in the Sugarfoots episode. In about half of all episodes, you will get a cut between a few seemingly innocuous things which hank will put together (far after everyone else) to mean that the situation is not what he thinks it is.

He does nearly always overcome these issues though, and usually comes through as a good father to Bobby and Husband to Peggy. He's a good friend too, he literally humiliated himself in front of all of his co-workers and clients to fix Bill's mental problem (even though he had done way more than could be expected of him already).

You can buy a house in bumfuck Texas for less than $100k.

I'm damn sure theres a flashback where his mother is just playing with minitures while his dad is shooting his pistol in the living room or something equally bad.

He's pretty much assistant manager of that business and Buck knows that he owes most of his success to Hank. I'm sure that he was decently compensated.

Also this

No, there's an episode where Bobby misuses the family credit card thinking they're rich but it turns out they live nearly week to week and things like bobby going to the movies hogs up their budget.

literally me

I actually think that he probably got a pretty good payment scheme for taking part in military experiments, even though he turned out to be on a placebo they probably had a pretty sweet benefits gig for enrolling in it in the first place.

Dale is the future of all Sup Forumscucks with their conspiracy-addled brains

He bought shit like exotic clothing, animals, and a fucking jet ski. Something like $10-15k sudden spending will fuck up any middle-class family's budget.

Good point

Didn't Bill have a bunch of money from his well-to-do family?

Oh lets not forget him being intentionally cold towards Luanne, a family member that was obviously in need of a father figure.

so while y'all are discussing hanks darkness i'd like to mention that I enjoyed the episode where hank gives advice to the cornhuskers and they actually win

Shit, I didn't know he was making a call back when he said that.

Gilbert spent it all on a literary magazine.

The rest of Bills family either died or were imposters.

The real dick move was Gilbert not letting Bill sell his BBQ sauce. I mean for fucks sake, it was good, and its not like Gilbert had a bunch of irons in the fire.

Fuck off, Dale is /x/

Typical statist yurocuck.

>emotional intelligence,
nice meme

Delete this