Is it too late to start another university degree at 23 bros?

Is it too late to start another university degree at 23 bros?

Long story short, I made mistakes and did an undergraduate in History, I now want to do Mechanical Engineering. The tuition fees are not much of a concern, I am only concerned about being ~4-5 years older than my peers.

its never too late user :)

It's too late.

ty portubro

Say you dont, in 15 years do you think yoou will look back and think "man im glad i didnt become an engineer"?

true
I would finish when I am 26 years old compared to when people normally finish (at 22-23, some even 24)

It's never too old to improve your life.

I've been in your position. And no, it's not too old. But I highly recommend studying something easy because you don't want to fuck yourself over twice.

never too old la

nope. if I could do it all again, I'd have gone army for 4 to 6 years then university. imo 18 year olds are too young to be at university.

only if you're sure you're cut out for it
might be your last chance if you want a fulfilling career

I am genuinely interested in mechanical engineering though and am not afraid of putting in the hard work/effort.

It's either this or a masters in history which I'm afraid will not increase my prospects. I don't even care about salary and am content with 40-50k if I end up being a shitty engineer.

I did accountancy as a second study. And I was not prepared lol.

Better to move forward if you'll continue studying, specialize in engineering history into post-grad if it's what you like, that should guarantee you a job or at least the means to later pick up Engineering while keeping many of the perks of your degree.

Mixing it up is the kind of thing you can really sell at a job interview and while it won't do shit for you in low tier jobs it could open the key to the cool ones.

You are fine, plenty of 23 year old freshmen in all western countries.

just do it. you're 23. you're not old. I'm half considering going to do engineering if medical school doesn't pan out, and I'll be starting the degree at 26.

>The tuition fees are not much of a concern, I am only concerned about being ~4-5 years older than my peers.

So no, it's not too late. I'd go back and get a different degree if I could but this is Murica and I'm not trying to get another $65k debt attached to my name. Enjoy the benefits and 1st world standards your country gives you.

>open the key
*open the door

Yes I'm grateful canadian university tuition fees are not too high. I kept up my grades so I get a scholarship too, tuition is about 3-4000 a year which is more than feasible.

A history degree is worthless, a graduate degree in history is the same. I've considered law school but it doesn't interest me. My grades in high school were not too good so I didn't bother applying to engineering, I just applied for arts/history for the sake of just going to university with plans on going into law school after which of course does not interest me anymore.

How would medical school not pan out for you? Most medical students here start at the age of 24 actually.

OK so why do you think it's too late? This like asking if it's too late to lose weight or start a business. Yes it's better to do earlier but it's literally never too late.

if it's full of cunts or don't like it. doubt that'll happen, but point is that ive accepted i could be starting a 4 year degree at age 26.

just do it. every year you delay is a year deeper into it you could be

>tuition is about 3-4000 a year which is more than feasible.

My in-state tuition is literally 3.5x higher than yours per year. I'd definitely go back if it was as cheap as yours. I'm jelly.

Kek man. Same here, I graduated in economics and international relations last year, I'm 24. In july I will be starting either mechanical or civil engineering. And before, I dropped out of two unis.

don't do mech unless you want to feel like killing yourself every day

Are you getting a degree in engineering just because or what?
I'm actually studying economics just because I thought that my passion wouldn't have led me anywhere (big foreign-languages fan) but I'm quite frustrated 2bh. But it's only one year and a half more so I'll just stick with it.

If it's for personal satisfaction it's never too late. If it's for getting a job it depends on the circumstances: if your country is like this shithole that makes it almost impossible for graduates older than 24 yo to get a job, then it may be.
But in the end it's up to you. Just don't pay attention to the age gap between you and your potential classmates, it's never a good thing to do (I'm older than the majority of my classmates but I don't care about what they may think in that regard, I'm doing it for myself and not for their benefit.) Focus only on your goal.

No you retard that's when I'm doing my masters. It's standard here for "second chancers" to do their undergrad at 23.

I gonna start computer science by distance learning with 24 y/o

I have an under degree in cs too

>Are you getting a degree in engineering just because or what?
No job opportunity for eco/ir major, at least for me and I graduated in top 3, might be the best in the area tho, university.
> I thought that my passion wouldn't have led me anywhere (big foreign-languages fan)
I thought the same, I was planning on trying a diplomatic/civil servant career, but I must have a plan B if it doesn't work somehow, e.g. I don't like it. STEM degrees are wanted everywhere and I'm good with math...
> But it's only one year and a half more
Yeah finish it, then you try another one if it doesn't work out for you. but PLEASE,finish it. I dropped out of two unis. If I had finished the first time, I would've been graduated with 20 years old of age.

>it almost impossible for graduates older than 24
maybe if you are 30 or so but but with 24? How?

weird, here in Italy economics is one of the most requested degrees.

Don't worry btw, I've never seriously thought about dropping out, I may graduate with a lower grade than what I could potentially achieve though. Don't really care anymore, though.

you're fucking 23, what a crybaby, even 30 is not late

>even 30 is not late
That's stretching it out a lil bit m8.

lol no. I'm 27 and studying CS. we've had people that were 30+ on the program. never too late

How can it ever be too late to improve your life? It's not ideal but is there ever a point where you're better off without an education than with one?

This shit always get me. Two weeks ago a Canadian made a thread asking if it was too late to lose weight...

I made a mistake, I didn't look out for internships during my graduation, I have 0 market experience. So I was turned down in all places I sent my CV to, it didn't even matter if my grades were or final project were great.

The OP is doing it for its work prospects mainly. Sometimes it's better to just get some experience instead of hitting 35 without doing anything noteworthy.

Can't you just apply for a non-paid internship or something?

I just applied for Caritas, but being honest, I don't have the luxury of working for free atm. I will probably have to work in another area while finishing another uni. However, my best shot is passing an exam to be a civil servant, since they don't require previous experience.

Meh, must feel shit to spend years studying and then not getting a job despite the results. Good luck user, you seem like a good guy, I'm sure something will come out for you, sooner or later.

It does, but I will do my best. Good luck too, pretty sure it will work out for you, try focusing on the studies, even if you aren't that motivated, good grades might pay off later. Ciao :)

I guess I exaggerated a little but after the ages of 25, 26 it becomes more difficult to find your first job for the simple fact that employers prefer young people when it comes to inexperienced (and, sometimes, even experienced) people. Now, you can find kids as young as 16, 17 years old in the first year of University, so they'll graduate when they are 21-22. And so, they'll have more time to adapt to the labor market and to the needs of their employees than people older than 25 years old.

employers*