At what age did you buy your first car? Is 21 very late to do so in your country?

At what age did you buy your first car? Is 21 very late to do so in your country?

i've never even drove and i'm 21 so who knows

Are you a neet?

Got my license and car at 25, but had a motorcycle license earlier. It's very easy to get a license and to drive.

20 here, don't even know which pedal is which lol

I got my first car at 17

I'm 25 and still haven't bought a car. I don't look forward to dealing with car dealerships. They're just trying to scam the fuck out of you.

Cars are a scam

Can't you just buy one from a private seller though? Do you really still take the bus at 25?

People normally don't have cars at 21, unless their parents bought it for them. I got my motorcycle when I was 15 though.

24 and no car here. But I think it's late for my country's average.

My dad got a new car and gave me his old one
I'm 19

I bought a $4k Honda Civic off craigslist

23 american and no car or license
dont feel bad user

I don't know about buying a car, but anyone in this country who doesn't have their drivers license by 20 is a bit sad.

Just go wearing redneck clothing and pretending you don't have much money, that you will have to get in a lot of debt just for the car, you'll be fine.

my mom bought me one

Why not even a license though?

I've never met anyone without one

I drive my parent's cars.
How can you be sure the people on craigslist aren't scamming you? You'd have to go to a mechanic who is also probably scamming you.

Fuck, I'm going through the same thing now. I want to lease a used car, but I don't know how much credit you need.

I would love to do this, but I'm scared of the car just not starting one day.

Most people without a license are NEETs.

The likelihood of everyone conspiring to scam you is so slim that you'd be more likely to die in a housefire.

I was 24

I have had the driving licence since I was 19 year old, but have never owned a car and I'm 28 now.
Wonders of decent public transport.

20 years here I drive my mamma's car a 2006 Fiat 600

I got a 10 year old shitbox when I was like 19

It's honestly a bit useless, I mostly walk and take the train

I bought my license like 2 years ago and haven't driven a car ever since.
I probably have to re-learn to drive again but i'm too lazy and i don't have anyone to teach me kek.
Also i get too stressed when driving and get migraines.

Rural NEET. I haven't spoken to someone who isn't immediately family in roughly 2 years.

I'm now afraid to talk to people.

19, but the piece of shit was a lemon :/

I dont know how things work in canada, but everyone is trying to take advantage of you, or scam you, in some way in America. Mechanics and dealerships specially.

Wow how can I make sure I never have anything in common with you?

I'm 20. My dad also got 2 cars but he won't let me have one even though I can drive and I have driving licence.

I had a Honda Tornado 250cc when I was 18
A Renault Clio when I was 20
Then a Ford Fiesta Hatch at 24
Renault Sandero at 25
Corsa Classic at 28

I change cars a lot because reasons.

Stop making for worse than I already do. I want to die.

It's really not that hard, especially if you're buying new.

>Find a loan first so they can't fuck you there
>Negotiate a price
>If it's a new smaller car don't expect much off
>Bigger cars/SUVs/etc have more wiggle room
>If it's a used car bring someone who knows a decent amount about cars or look on Youtube on how to inspect a car
>If your budget is like 5K for a car, buy a 4K car and expect $1k in necessary repairs
>Don't buy any extended warranty bullshit they try to sell you

Honestly the loan thing is #1 - that's really where they fuck people. Also keep in mind doc fees, so one dealer might have a car $500 less but have a $1000 doc fee.

a motorcycle present from big brother. (got license at 16, minimum age is 16)
a second-hand sedan with a great deal and I repair it from scratch (no loan + some basic repairing) It was a lady's car where she's letting it go (found from fb) (upgrading my license class with a manual car when I'm 18, minimum age is 18, bought second-hand car when I was 20)
planning to get a food truck after 21 (21 is minimum age to drive big trucks, business vehicles, buses, etc.)
So no. It's not too late.

26 and no car, no license

never been a NEET

took me until 24 saving up centrelink bux
then I discovered how much it costs to own a car and sold it

My mommy and daddy bought me a car when I first got my license.
:)))))))))

Because giving you a car is easy. Working for one and buying it yourself is a life lesson.

i hate richfags like you. not like it’s your fault, my hatred is just pure jealousy

I feel the same, we should create a /poorparents/ general

can't you just rent one when you need one?
I really see no point in owning a car for the sake of ownership.

tfw you live in a country where you need a car

I'm an unlicensed 22 year old. Never too late to get it though, my uncle did so in his mid 40's.

18, worked all summers from 15 till 18 and then bought it.
Also no one fucking gives a flying damn about how old you were buying your "first" car.

I got my license with 18 and my first car from my dad. The only people in Austria who don't make their license before they're 20 either live in Vienna or are failures.
I bought my first car at 26.

My parents bought be a shitbox when I was 15 and then I bought a better one when I was 22 and had graduated uni and had a decent job

most of the occasions it is not worth, but ppl still buy it due social status

When I was 18 my dad was a truck driver and my mum did part time cleaning and they bought me a VW Golf for about 9000€.
Maybe your parents just wanted to raise you as a proper capitalist.

Remember user, better late than never.

Dad bought me a scooter when I was 15. Never owned a car.

Was given old car that sat for many years. Belong to grandmother. I was 19.
>Here is car, it doesn't work.
>Get it legal.
>Make it work.
>You can have it for free.

I spend 2 years, replacing parts. Tires, one wheel well. Burn out old gas and res. Replace sparks. Learn how OdB 1 works, make a simple switch solder onto a usb plug, get it to work on laptop. Basic program. Learn how to do light diagnostic. Fucking A/C was the one thing I could not get to work. Get licence, mom lets me use her insurance, only 10 dollars more a month, so I pay that.

It runs decently, eats too much gas (8 cycle engine) but very not efficient.

Very happy, I use for over a year with much pride in my craftsmanship.

Go to college very far away. Parents sell my car for "3000" (in USD). But the guy gave 1500, up front, then crashed it a week later. Still on her insurance.

They say, oh well, "At least it didn't cost you anything!"
It was the most mad I could be at my parents, I refused to talk to them for a month.

My father bought me a car at my 19

I got one from my parents at 18. I later sold it because I never used it.

never, i don't even have a license