It says here you want to make a 22-minute "action show." Care to explain?

It says here you want to make a 22-minute "action show." Care to explain?

I want to make a show with punching and kicking and explosions and stuff, cars driving fast and hitting each other and going BOOM CRASH BLAM

>You're saying your show WON'T have a romance subplot!?

We like your ideas, but I really think it would be better if the police used laser guns instead of real guns

Yes, in fact, we hope to be the first show without a plot.

Is that guy on the right CGI?

...Are they ALL CGI?

>"You want the protagonist to eventually KILL the villain?!?!?"

>"The hero is... straight?"

Nothing weird like that, the machines have just taken over

>also replace the main character's enemies with robots

>And then the retard said: "It's an action show, kids will love it"

>While your ideas do sound legit, we feel your art style may be too "sharp" for children and maybe even adults, perhaps I should get one of Cal-arts best graduates to fix up the art?

Remember how Justice League was really good and everyone liked it?

>"He wants the father to be a wise man who gives helpful advice and is a generally a good dad. And he wants the mother to be the important supporter that holds the family together. This guy is insane."

>It worked for Star Wars and most classic Disney movies, and all of those were pretty successful. Just saying.

Costanza plz

I like your ideas, but I believe a Fallout 4 adaption should aim for an adult audience.

>you want the male protag to have a stable relationship with his girlfriend?

Who said any of the characters would be considered a "hero" in the first place?

>Implying the vast majority of Sup Forums would ever put in the effort to pitch a cartoon

>What do you mean by not wanting to include internet and pop culture references? My kids love memes!

Kids don't buy action figures anymore. Not in any amount the costs of a cartoon would justify.

Plus, Justice League was just an adaptation of an existing, popular work.

So, Sup Forums:

Pitch an idea for a cartoon you'd like to make, that would NOT immediately turn off executives.

So focus the merch on something other than action figures. Y'know what kids love? Lego.

>"You want an overarching storyline throughout the entire series? We think kids don't care about continuity these days. How about adapting the show into a comedic 11 minute format?"

a 2 10 minutes segment show about a girl traveling different types of fiction and doing documentaries about said fiction. If TV tropes is addictive, I fail to see how the show won't do decent in ratings.

Craig McCracken said some interesting stuff about this regarding WOY.

Networks much prefer episodic cartoons for an understandable reason: They can air any episode at any time or in any order they want.

When Season 1 of WOY was successful, Craig had enough clout to work out a compromise: Most of the episodes are still standalone, but some episodes shift the entire status quo.

SU, GF, and the Netflix cartoons show serialization getting more popular, though.

It's going to be a direct, panel-for-panel adaptation of a comic book. Hopefully Justice League International.

I doubt a executive at a network would ever object to the main character being more marketable.
we need a story to hook the viewer, kids today are not watching our show once a week there watching watching in four hour chunks on some streaming service.

>What? Is Flash not good enough for you?

>>"You want an overarching storyline throughout the entire series? We think kids don't care about continuity these days.
but Sup Forums Sup Forumsmplains that lore is basically in every major series. Then again, the fact loud house is doing so well kind of shows that maybe no continuity still sells

a 2 10 minutes segment show about a girl traveling different types of fiction and doing documentaries about said fiction. If TV tropes is addictive, I fail to see how the show won't do decent in ratings.

>Did you just fucking say...that you want your show...to air on Saturday mornings!?

>Let me get this straight, your show is "has stakes" and isn't just a slice-of-life show with some magical elements

>You know what, just get the fuck out of my office

with teh advent of electronic toys, have action shows become less marktable? does Power Rangers and capeshit films take up esentially all the market for "Licensed action toys for kids"

>We're really liking your idea for the most part. But we'd like to see a few changes. First, let's change the setting to a modern highschool.

>And while we're at it. Can you make the main character a boy instead? And lighten that skin up a few shades.

Why would you demand such a particular, outdated time slot?

Wait what is this post trying to prove?
If you're mocking on Steven Universe Greg is a great dad

>Alright, fine. If it's that important to the project, we can make the main character a girl. But make sure there is at least one boy who is constantly around her on whom she can rely on, and another boy for the first boy to compete with romantically. There's just no point making her a girl otherwise.

>So, we really love your show, here, but, we feel like there could be some improvements...

>Why don't we have the music score played entirely by ukelele with some 20-something kid who can sing beautifully in only one tone? Also, we're going to need the characters to make jokes about bacon and narwhals every other episode.

>Speaking of episode requirements, where are the zombie episodes? We require at least 3 zombie episodes per season if you don't want us to take your show from you.

>"Wait, you're suggesting we make the main character a GIRL? WHAT? Why? Are you actually telling us we should sell toys to girls, why would girls buy toys? How are we even supposed to take this proposal seriously without toys to sell?"
>"Your pitch was nice, so we'll take your main character and make her a love interest. Our market team will come up with a hip new main to make action figures out of."

> at least one boy who is constantly around her on whom she can rely on, and another boy for the first boy to compete with romantically
I'm glad they made Tom in Star vs Bros before Hoes

I was just going to say poor Craig.

Can we PLEASE dim the lights, guys? It is literally bright white in this conference room.

Sir this is an accounting position for a roofing company why did you list you like action cartoons on your resume

not gonna lie seeing all these suits in sterile offices is triggering me

Gentlemen, gentlemen please, no worries, here in my briefcase I have all the answers to your worries about my show. I'll let you all take a look at it while I step out of the room.

Makes think of all those bs corporate buzzwords that make you sound qualified

Perfect, a show about the life of a bomb.
We'll put in a bunch of flashbacks and an internal monologue episode where the timer contemplates what his life has come down to.
Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant Sir.
We'll make it a live action series on Cartoon Network.

>Sir the clock is counting down, is that supposed to be happe

It's simple, sir. We have a mostly-female cast dressed in leather pants and bikinis, a brown-haired male lead who wears all kinds of stupid-looking armor we can make figurines of, and have them fight generic enemies as their """""""""job"""""""" so we can skimp on anything resembling a story.

I want the corner office, a parking space right next to the door, and a secretary who fucking speaks English. Thanks. See you Monday.

Pitching a show requires a lot of experience in the industry and some connections for luck. Half the people who pitch shows aren't even asked to give a presentation, because the execs in charge don't want to take time out of their day to do that. The number of people as a general collective never get the chance to put in the effort man, why or how would Sup Forums EVER get the chance to even not put in the effort enough to pitch?