Suicide Squad Sales Pitch

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PMNFaAUs2mo

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-suicide-hotline-bling-240763
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

agreed
fuck this movie

You know you dun goof'd when a random ugly girl on youtune BTFO's you like that

None of this would have been a problem if they stuck with what SS is originally supposed to be used for, which is covert government operations where the government aren't clearly the good guys, hence need to use villains to shift accountability onto. SS shouldn't be saving the world, or doing anything overtly heroic.

>"Who should we get to do the costumes for our multi-million dollar movie?"
>"Well, my niece is good with papier mache and rattle cans"
>"Problem solved, hire her"

The mission was to extract Waller which they did. They didn't send them in to fight the threat or save the day.

Man that's bullshit. These costume showed more personality then any other superhero movie costume to date and all people can do is shit on them because it's different.

There are stories where they save people though, but the first one shouldn't have been about that.

One thing i want to nitpick about the movie is that it seems like the writers didnt know if they wanted to portray the government in negative light or not
Like some scenes make it seem like they're just doing shit for their own personal gain without worrying about the safety of others (like the scene where they're demonstrating enchantress' power even though Dr. June is begging not too) but at the same time the woman that comes up with the suicide idea (forgot her name) seems like she's supposed to act as an ally for everyone by the end of the film.
Also the torture(?) scenes at the beginning of the movie were fucking retarded,like they were trying SO fucking hard for the audience to feel bad for Deadshot and Quinn but it's like, they're there for a reason. Plus they had to make the guys doing it as cartoony and stupid as possible

Just cause you're a criminal in prison doesn't mean you deserve inhumane treatment.

>if you're in prison that means you deserve to get tortured
What the fuck user?

What are you, some kind of a liberal unamerican marxist hippie limb wristed commie?

You forget Amanda Waller's name?
Jesus christ dude

>Just cause you're a criminal in prison doesn't mean you deserve inhumane treatment.

Generally speaking yea.
When you're Harley Quinn and Deadshot it does. And Croc.

Agreed, one thing this movie had is a distinct look. Even when I didn't like some of them (HQ), they all looked exciting. It's a shame most of them had their personalities written by a cliche robot.

>writer didn't know if they wanted to portray the government in a negative light or not
Neither. It's the government user, they do shady shit. Portraying that isn't writer not knowing what to do.

Deadshot is just really good at killing people with guns for money. How does that translate to guards ganging up and beating the shit out of you on a regular badis in a black site prison that does not seem to adhere to the Geneva convention?

wtf I hate suicide squad now

No it doesn't. Just cause they're bad guys doesn't mean the prison guards get to tortue them.

Please fuck off Reddit

Because he's really good at killing people and he has no problem with doing it for personal gain.

You feed him poorly and you beat him regularly and it keeps him too weak to try anything dangerous to the guards at any given time.

Still the Enchantress shouldn't have been the antagonist, or at least she shouldn't have been such a large threat...

>um I don't know
God I hate ot when people are so focus looking for problems in movies that they completely miss the movie.

Or it just bulid up resentment among the prisoners till they finally riot and kill all the guards.

The "costumes" looked straight out of Scott Pilgrim, the only one in an actual superhero uniform was Deadshot, the rest of them were wearing trendy hot-topic shits, coats and hoodies.

They look nothing like SP

All prisoners, assuming actual guilt are bad guys, I'm talking specifically about a few irredeemable threats.

People in prison resent the guards any way. Riots have happened because prisoners don't feel like they're being fed properly. You're being held against your will and told what to do what you can have and when to eat. Even if you deserve it, resentment builds up. The only difference between that and guards abusing prisoners is that maybe after an investigation as to how and why the riot starts some corrections officers may be fired or brought up on charges.

And that is mainly for widespread or systematic abuse. Prisoners don't give a shit about other prisoners. You pick out a few as ones to make examples of and it's primarily a lesson to other prisoners, stay in line.

Why do you lie?

Reddit tier shit

WTF is this shit. Stop posting your lame ass videos here, this ain't Tumblr and nobody wants to see your ugly ass.

You see, this is the problem with the movie.

They're not really "bad" guys, they're just missunderstood fellons, but stuff like Harley murdering Robin, Deadshot murderien hundreds, Croc eating people, Boomerang robbing every back in Australia, el diablo murdering women and children among other gang antics...

IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT, they're are actually good parents, want to be loved or like pink unicorns... The movie is scared to show you how much evil these criminals actually have inside!

There isn't gonna be a investigation, the prison is a blacksite, it officially doesn't exist.

Decent points but go shill your youtube channel somewhere else love.

Why are you?

>this ain't Tumblr
Yes the fuck it is.

>it's not their fault
Except the movie never said that or even implied it, that's just something you pulled out your ass.

That's the best Amanda Waller yet.

FUCK YOU'RE RIGHT.
I was just generalizing average prisons.
They'll just kill the more aggressive rioters and then start fresh tomorrow.

TELL THAT TO ZOD'S SNAPPED NECK!

>but user what if they're really really bad?
No you still don't get to torture them.

You can't advertise your videos here

>Movie made 400 million WW so fat and number one for a second week.

Is this why I am seeing all thus salt and butthurt from internet autists?

Look at this shit

jackets, jeans, tshirts, daisy-dukes, beany caps, hoodies, sportjackets, coats.... They almost look like Ramona's evil exes, part 2. if she was to be older.

This isn a superhero/comic costume party, it's something any kid has on their closet.

The only ones in costume are Deadshot (who only uses his mask once), Rick Fag (Duur military uniform so roginal) explodinghead guy (more military uniforms lol) the villain of he movie and ofc Katana, who's barely in the film at all and does nothing anyway.

The Incredibles had more original superhero costumes than this shit.

Not legally.

hey cutie, wanna watch SS together sometime? we can also talk more about your youtube career.

Well Rick Flagg is military user. He's not gonna be in spandex.

DC literally is the Trump of Cape movies.
avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-suicide-hotline-bling-240763

>a military guy in a military uniform
Shocker

Will Smith looks like one of those "enthusiast" airsofters that still continue to play their stupid dress-up game after the age of 15.

>WAH WAH THESE AREN'T THE SAME OLD GENERIC SHIT THAT GETS PEDDLE IN MOVIES
>WAH THESE COSTUMES ACTUALLY DO THEIR FUCKING JOB AND HIGHLIGHT THE CHARACTER'S PERSONALITY
WAH

The movie had alot of problems, but this is just straw grasping.

DCasual please

>Deadshot isn't bad! he just wants money for his daughter, make sure to slam that point across the whole movie from prologue to epilogue!
>Boomeran isn't a crazy alcoholic, just sone funny guy who loves unicorns
>All Harley wanted was Jared Leto to build a perfect family with her, she's not evuuuul in fact she's so good, she will come back to help you out of the goodnes in her heart even if her nanite bomb is disabled!
>Poor El Diablo, he was the finest mexican gang member ever, he can bond with you for 15 minutes and already will think of you as family and sacrifice himself for you!
>Croc just wants a big TV and people to don't call him ugly, he didn't eat people to be bad!

If anything I expected one origina thing out of the DCEU and it was a villain movie, but they were afraid to deliver it, they just coated these guys in some "crazy" paint and delivered a GOTG knockoff, because god forbid the audience goes to see a movie with actual rotten villains as the lead characters, nu-uh, they can't really be bad or kids won't buy toys.

>marveldrone
>ponyfag

no

What the fuck do you want them to wear lad. The only one who could probably be improved is Harley and that's only because I don't know why you'd go on a government mission in those dumbass heels.

El Diablo and Croc are usually portrayed as shirtless so I don't see how giving them jackets suddenly takes away their comicbook feel. Slipknots comic costume is dumb as shit and considering he's hardly in it, tactical gear works fine for a guy who's skill set is climbing things.

>WAH WAH WAH
Penguin pls.

>Generic clothing is not generic!
Boy you're right, every comicbook movie character should dress in jeans and t-shirts now

I bet you think this is the BEST Spidey outfit in films

The only one you have an actual case is croc cause that's his character in the comic. Everything else is just you being a fucking retard.

We live in a call-out culture atmosphere where villains can't act like villains. Slipknot was literally in the movie for 5 minutes and critics bitched about his misogyny as well Margot Robbie's for daring to wear short shorts.

What the fuck do you want them to wea

the costumes they wear in comics, is that too hard to grasp?

Marvel has a dude that dresses like an Ant, two rocking huge capes and another wrapped in the american flag. How are jeans and t-shirts better for a COMICBOOK movie?

>So that's it, huh? You saying we some kinda suicide squad and shit?

>Deadshot isn't bad
Yeah he is. Just cause he loves his daughter doesn't mean he isn't bad. See that's your problem right there, your idea of is so juvenile that you wanted irredeemable monsters but that's not how bad guys are in real life. They have loved ones and people they care about but they still do bad things.

They are butthurt that it beat JUSTbusters (heck, even Sausage Party will beat BallBusters).

It's not genric though, these costumes are all distinct and unique.

>The only one actually evil is Croc
If you think so, it's you who should be reading more comics instead fag

>H-he killed the kids?!?!
>I don't kill women and children
such villains

Ant-man isn't dressed like an ant though and Captain America isn't wearing the flags.

Even Scarface didn't kill children.

what are you? 12?

>Baaaw why do you want them to be monsters

Because that is the WHOLE point of the SS. They're evil fuckers, hence they are expendable, no one is gonna cry if Deadshot gets killed in some mission, because he was a heartless hitman in the first place, the whole "Batman is bad because he put me in a cell away from Jayden" is hamfisted BS from a ball-less movie too scared to portray the bad guys as bad as they actually are in the comics.

Most criminals hate kid killers.

It just showed they were not stereotypical, evil for the sake of evil cackling one-note Saturday morning cartoon villains, and instead had entirely human, though twisted sides to them. Like you know, normal people are more complex than a few lines of bullet point characteristics. None of them were ever portrayed as misunderstood, and Chato was the only one with a redemption arc and that was just because he felt guilt over killing his family to a point he tried to be a pacifist. Deadshot even says he doesn't feel any remorse about being a hired killer.

>those defeatist headlines
problematic keks

See you fucked up cause now I know you didn't read the goddam comics. Ostrander made damn sure we understood that these people are not monsters but human beings.

>Jeans and shirts are not generic!

I bet if you stand in times-square for 10 minutes you'll be shocked at how distinct and unique everyones clothing is!

But user those costumes fucking suck.

I would rather they wear outfits made up of "normal" clothes that are also neat designs that highlight their individual personalities than stupid spandex bullshit that looks like crap just because it's what they wore in the comics.

>How are jeans and t-shirts better for a COMICBOOK movie?

No one wears just jeans and a t-shirt in the movie but there are two characters in your image that do you fucking dumbass.

You go on about these Marvel costumes yet they were too afraid to stick a purple mask on Zemo, or give Scarlet Witch a tiara, or give Hawkeye his mask. Because guess what user, some shit just doesn't work in live action without looking dumb as fuck, no matter how hard you try. You have to respect both the source material and the audience so giving Slipknot whatever the fuck he's wearing in your picture isn't going to work next to Deadshot and Flagg.

And as I said before, Croc and El Diablo are usually portrayed shirtless wearing casual pants. I don't see how sticking a hoodie on a crocodile man suddenly make the movie loose it's comic book feel.

>2deep4u
Riiight, I was wondering how long DCfags were gonna take to use that argument to defent SS

you sir, are a fucking retarded. Floyd has had the same father daughter relationship in the comics. It's one of the one or two aspects of the character that shows he is not completely dead inside.

I'm sure I will. Fashion is about style and expressing yourself so I'm bound to find someone with a unique style.

Only in his comic. Other writers had used these villains to do all kinds of fucked up shit, or are we gonna say anythyng not wrote by him is not-canon?

what part of his post was reeked of "2deep4u"? Good fucking god, even Marvel movies are too smart for you.

why not?

the first vol of SS had them fight one of Darkseids goons

Okay, i guess that makes sense... i still laughed through all the movie of stuff i shouldn't be laughing...
>Enchantress fights the squad with swords after breaking a military ship into with thunder

>Look at this shit
I am and all those costumes have way more personality than any other Superhero costume.

It's cool that you dc keks liked this movie, but please know that it's a terrible movie and you have shit taste.

I'm saying that Croc is the only one whose actions are not entirely his fault.

>DC keks
That's DChads to you, mouseketeer. Now fuck off & restitch my polo shirts.

But the first issues weren't. In any case, that doesn't mean we need to go big. I'm tired of the large-scale bullshit in these films, and I think thematically, the first SS film would be better as a small, political film, a la the Mission to Moscow storyline in the original run.

No, it's DCkeks because the characters you defend are literal cucks HONKA HONKA

Why didn't they just adapt the Jihad arc is all i want to know. Using the Enchantress for the whole A-plot of the movie falls flat on it's face because it doesn't show why the Squad really exists, or give the individual members anything to really do. Also doesn't expand the world at all, really.

Thank heavens we have people with good taste such as yourself on the Internet to tell us that.

How could he be a cuck if he shot him? it's astronomically more likely that he was teasing him with Harley, because the guy knows if he touches her Joker will murder the shit out of him. Harley was basically a loaded gun for him to wave around and recklessly threaten people with.

>Suicide Squad is the Donald Trump of superhero movies

What the fuck how does that make any sense.

>it's a mouseketeer obsessed with cuckoldry post.

Because it's sexist and racist.

Sup Forums has links to comics in one thread
every other thread is links to webcomics and idiots who don't read comics criticizing them
every image is just taken from imgur or reddit folders about cartoons or made by people who don't know comics
this is more of a social media link site

But it's just a run-of-the-mill bad movie.

The strongest character in the film is an overweight black woman.

it's neither sexist or racist
modern critics are judging movies off their liberal (or other) views, not the quality of the movie
>harley's sexualized, bad movie
>she's in an abusive relationship, bad movie
>deep character who's caught between passion and friendship, lets just be oblivious to it

How is it racist?
And how is the movie itself sexist?

Yeah but she is also a mean lady so
>Racist