This sucks

This sucks.

I'm 4 issues in and am really about to drop it. A shame because I love Black Panther.

Racist

WE

If you love Black Panther so much why don't you just marry him?

I don't know why they didn't just get a regular comic book writer to write this

>Implying we all wouldn't submit to T'Challa's superior BBC given the chance

>Black Panther

Yeah, nobody cares.

Bretty interesting imo t'challa is kind of getting what he deserves

Because regular comic writers are terrible.

I like it for the most part. I don't care for the lesbian ultrafem rebels though. It's a solid book.

>not being able to enjoy actual clever writing and human characters

Why did I expect from capeshit readers

>ta-nehisi
>ancient egyptian for 'the female nubian'
>we waz queenz?

I'm an Egyptologist and I can't even.

Because Marvel thinks you have to be black to write it and Walker is already doing power man and iron fist and Priest doesn't want to be the black writer.

>The closest a black writer gets to writing a non-black character is a trans-ethnic Chinese-White guy.

if you thought that marvel was capable of quality, you can go fuck yourself

Wakanda is literally WE WUZ KANGS in comic form.

I think it's pretty good and definitely found it's footing after the first few issues.

They can't be any more terrible than this.

casual detected

They could've at least brought in some one who has ever written fiction.

The first issue seemed pretty good. What's so bad about it?

>Coates says that his first name, Ta-Nehisi, is an Egyptian name his father gave him that means Nubia, and in a loose translation is "land of the black".
Black Panthers much?

It feels like it would be a much more interesting series reading it all at once, but it doesn't work very well as a serialized story.

>MUH PROUD BLACK BODY BEIN' SMASHED BY DESE HONKEY MOFUGGAS

>THE US DESERVED 9/11!!!!

Yea, nah.

Because he would just unilaterally annul our wedding a couple of months later because he wants my entire species to die.

>I don't read comics but I do read threads on Sup Forums so I know how to look like I'm offended

How?

why are some of the worse black panther runs written by black writers, i dont get it

Just so we're clear, but you're not including Priest in that group, right?

The "joke," has deteriorated into being used whenever black people show up. The whole "We Wuz," is about false historical claims, but fools gon be fools.

There have only been like three major black Black Panther writers.

One was the best Black Panther writer, one was the worst and the other is just so-so.

Don't know why you're sensationalising it.

>Sup Forums gets triggered

hiroshimoot can't permaban you fucks fast enough

I'm guessing Black Panther still has yet to get even a small hold of control over his own country.

From what I've seen, he's been having trouble connecting with his citizens although he's clearly had good intentions up till now. Does he at least now have a plan or direction on how he wants to tackle the issue?

>Does he at least now have a plan or direction on how he wants to tackle the issue
Laat issue he went to a secret meeting of a bunch of white dictators/heads of police and they told him to kill chiefs family members until the rebels are gone. He said no but the white guy saying what to do was recorded and broadcast to all wakanda

Also why are the dykes a thing they are so boring and pointess

Don McGregor who motherfucker

>tfw no one fixed your otp or even gave it a proper tragic ending

fucking hudlin
fucking avx

>his OTP was Black Panther and Storm, the couple that literally only got put together because they're both African.

this. and everyone avoided that shit like the plague

Because the last two have been Black rights activists with absolutely no experience in comics.

Seriously, the way Marvel handles Black Panther is ridiculously racist.

I think it got as much closure as it deserved.

You know who'd write a good Black Panther? Aaron McGruder.

>Tfw Hickman writes a better BP than black wtiters

ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS

>His father gives him an Egyptian name.
>His father gives him an Egyptian GIRLS' name.

Phft-ha-ha-ha.

WUZ

Walker's going to be writing Clint in [reference to pop culture phenomenon that's outdated by several years here] Avengers.

Wait, people are assigned to write based on the writer's race? Why is this a thing???

Purple Arrow

KANGZ

Look at what happened after Riri was announced, people crying about how yet another white man was writing her or something. It's just bad PR these days.

Need more like Priest to speak out on the practice so creators aren't getting pressured to write shit they don't care about just so the company doesn't get negative headlines.

It's funny because that's a skin for him in Avengers Academy.

n shiet