Adult Swim 15th anniversary unannounced broadcast

>Eric Andre's season premiere at midnight two fridays ago was given a TV-PG-L rating instead of TV-MA-LS

>Three fridays from now is September 2nd (aka the 15th anniversary of Adult Swim's first broadcast)

>The new Eric Andre episode scheduled to air at midnight that friday has been replaced by a repeat of the exact same episode that mistakenly got a TV-PG-L rating

>The first show to ever air on Adult Swim was Home Movies "Director's Cut" episode rated TV-PG-L

>Adult Swim is known for doing unannounced things at midnight like their yearly April Fool's Prank

Am I on to something here?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/adultswim/comments/4xq66h/additional_details_regarding_the_remaster_project/
youtube.com/watch?v=nUaqSct-29Y&index=195&list=LLlFKEyFjJVS9FSZ1eEAkgdA
youtube.com/watch?v=Zh44ghgHAeA&index=137&list=LLlFKEyFjJVS9FSZ1eEAkgdA
youtube.com/watch?v=l3Fls0oonfA&index=138&list=LLlFKEyFjJVS9FSZ1eEAkgdA
streamable.com/lpiu
youtube.com/watch?v=YvvpvXDy6ow
youtube.com/watch?v=WmvJ3fOJJrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=83cj_CO5exM
youtube.com/watch?v=HBkMXPGHDU0
youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9jKTaVeSU
youtube.com/watch?v=e39trocA7hM
youtube.com/watch?v=PHGAkh_B5tU
adultswim.com/misc/pilots/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I dunno, maybe

New season of Home Movies, confirmed.

Well, we got that Adult Swim time portal thing.
Maybe we'll get a version of that actually broadcasted.

They basically did the same thing with "Oldschool Fridays" back in 2008

And that was 8 years ago.

Yeah, they've aired the original (or very close anyway) lineup from the first night with the pool bumps and everything before. I could see them doing it again.

I want them to just do like a week's worth of old lineups with the corresponding bumpers.
Start with the original airing and bump it up a year each day.
Something like 2001-2007.

That would be really cool. Though to be fair the lineups changed constantly back in the day (as did the days Adult Swim aired and the hours per night)

Yeah, but an excuse to go further than the typical pool bumpers would be great.
Maybe it'd even be an opportunity to get them all in a somewhat higher resolution than what we have archived online.

test

>Maybe it'd even be an opportunity to get them all in a somewhat higher resolution than what we have archived online.

Oh god yeah. For someone to get clean recordings of that stuff off of Adult Swim's HD feed would be amazing.

Out of curiosity, which bumps would you want to see in higher quality recordings the most? I'm personally fond of the idea of getting those [as] bumps with the Japanese place names and times on them.

Definitely those. Any of them really. Just having a whole block like that uploaded (shows too) in decent quality would be great, since most of the recordings from that era are shitty VHS tape rips (which have their charm, obviously but the image is so fuzzy and grainy)

Adult swim is garbage.
Just a bunch of poorly drawn shows trying to make a quick buck
> I give pass on China IL though.

Nigga, Home Movies, Space Ghost, and Harvey Birdman are all time GOAT classics. Shut your whore mouth.

Man, I really wish there was a way to rip shit off of the dvr I use. I've looked online but I've never found anything, or else I would totally record a bunch of shit like this if it ever happens.

There's definitely someway, since I know people on myspleen upload stuff they've recorded all the time.

At the very least, you can stream AS online when you enter your cable login info and do a screen capture recording of that.

The one I use is some weird proprietary thing that came with my internet/cable service.

Interesting.

It's the google fiber dvr thing, I don't think there's actually a way to rip this shit.

Yeah I would figure they're pretty wary about content restrictions, so they wouldn't allow you to do that.

>implying [as] cares about it's history anymore

This. Sadly. Of course September 2 would be the perfect day to do something like that since it's a holiday weekend and there's no new episodes airing that friday (and hell, they've banished the older shows off the lineup for far too long), but the way they've become so safe and unwilling to take risks with their schedule because "muh ratings" makes me seriously doubt that they actually will. Do they care enough about their hardcore and longterm fans, about their roots, about what made them so great and unique in the first place, to forgoe just ONE night of Cleveland Show reruns?

I would hope so, but I wouldn't be surpised in the slightest if they didn't.

Who the fuck even watches the Cleveland show anyways? They've already got Family Guy and American Dad, I don't see any real reason to air the Cleveland show at all.

Normies and plebs, user

Why does Adult Swim air an extra King of the Hill episode at 5:30 AM on Sundays?

I get that why they do it at 5:00 AM since that's a repeat from the 8:00 airing, but then they just through another episode in at 5:30 too? I don't understand how that got shoved into the schedule.
It's literally a waste of an episode in the catalog and it messes up the chronological order of the series for KoTH fans who won't stay up to 5:30 to watch the next episode of the series or fans who watch the episode at 8 every night and don't even realize there's an episode airing at 5:30. So you have a scenario in which a viewer might watch the first part of a two-part episode at 8:00 on Sunday and expect part two to air at 8 PM on Monday (like usual, because KoTH comes on at 8:00 every single night), but instead they find out it aired at 5:30 AM on Sunday and they missed it.

It's not a huge issue obviously, but would it not make more sense to air something else. I get that they have to air something that's mostly TV-PG for when AS goes back into Cartoon Network, but it doesn't have to be KoTH. Why not do something like Astro Boy, Inuyasha, or The Big O? Those are all tried and true stalwarts of the 5:30 AM slot? Or if Adult Swim doesn't want to do anime outside of Toonami, why not do Home Movies or The Oblongs? Again, those two also have worked well in the 5:30 slot before.

It's the little things like this that I think could really improve AS...

Normies and plebs probably think it's some gay Family Guy knockoff.

maybe, and yet somehow it gets good ratings

But it was canceled because nobody l ikes it.

For what it's worth, I pretty much have a 24/7 1080i60 capture of CN/AS going (minus certain times where the audio will hiccup and ruin the capture), so if they pull something like this I'll probably have it archived.

Have you managed to get anything interesting yet though?

I don't pay much attention to the [AS] side of the recordings, I figure if something interesting happens someone will speak up and generate some buzz. Is there anything aside from OP's theory that I should keep an eye out for?

The early [as] audience will watch anything but once the weird shows come they're either in bed or are watching anything

I kind of want a poster of the dawn is your enemy.

They have the rights to KOTH and need to justify it. Using it as end of block filler lets them justify continuing to hold the rights to the show, which they have been trying to phase out ever since they got the rights to Bob's Burger and Cleveland Show

Or Adult Swim beams everyone watching it on it's 15th year anniversary back in time to Sept 2 2001.

reddit.com/r/adultswim/comments/4xq66h/additional_details_regarding_the_remaster_project/

guess no one's read this

expect some announcement on or near the 2nd

>those [as] bumps with the Japanese place names and times on them.

[as] released some of those as wallpapers once, and i saved them

another

i saved that one too

youtube.com/watch?v=nUaqSct-29Y&index=195&list=LLlFKEyFjJVS9FSZ1eEAkgdA

I've been meaning to get a new phone background and I might actually use this.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zh44ghgHAeA&index=137&list=LLlFKEyFjJVS9FSZ1eEAkgdA

youtube.com/watch?v=l3Fls0oonfA&index=138&list=LLlFKEyFjJVS9FSZ1eEAkgdA

>Adult swim is garbage.
This. Dumbasses canceled Metalocalpyse and has sense gloated about it.

>sense gloated about it.
since and source?

brendon small raised the funds to pay for it through crowdsourcing, and the AS execs basically said fuck you and your ending.

Here's a mirror of that Home Movies HD remaster clip, since it got deleted
streamable.com/lpiu

top comfy song

How long has Adult Swim been showing 9 hours of FOX reruns?

don't forget that time when people signed a petition to get it the show to continue running and when [as] streamed it, it was just a printer making copies of the of the names of people who signed the petition going falling into the trash

Yep. Fingers got a bit ahead of me, but see
and

Is that large enough to look any good printed as a poster though?

youtube.com/watch?v=YvvpvXDy6ow

idk, i've never tried to create a poster, but i would assume it can be done in the quality you desire

another

youtube.com/watch?v=WmvJ3fOJJrQ

youtube.com/watch?v=83cj_CO5exM

youtube.com/watch?v=HBkMXPGHDU0

i'm all out of japan bumps

no probleblamo anonio

youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9jKTaVeSU

youtube.com/watch?v=e39trocA7hM

youtube.com/watch?v=PHGAkh_B5tU

alright, i think i'm done here. Thanks for stuff Poster-user

About 3-4 years now

nooooo
>pic related

What's the best bump anyways?

best bumps are the one's of photos taken in japan with comfy beats and hip hop playing in the background

true

it was actually dropping the copies of the petition into a paper shredder. it was mean, but i couldnt help but laugh.

God.
Fucking lazzo

TO STOP 9/11 FROM HAPPENING

adult swim related. There is 4 new pilots up and they are all trash

Shit

Will World Peace still be airing, or is it just the four episodes that are on wikipedia?

World Peace will not air a new episode that night

Well, I'm not interested.

>tfw also my 20th birthday

jesus fuck

t. underage contrarian

What are they??

Shut up. Adult Swim is fucking garbage with the exception of Sam Hyde and Eric Andre's genius.

1 million people get sent back in time to into younger 2001 self. They now have 9 days to stop the biggest terrorist attack on US soil.

adultswim.com/misc/pilots/

Hot Street is pretty alright