Redpill me on each canton

Redpill me on each canton

so different that they might as well be seperate countries

t.MCG-pro

Just don't go to the Albanian one

t. filthy R*mand

Does every canton have only one official language?

No, but some are far more prevalent than others. I. e. Romansh is only spoken in like 2 cantons.

This country is half immigrants / half psychotics madmen that will make your life impossible if you don't follow the endless list of small rules that you have to learn when moving to a new area (like buying the right kind of trash bags).

the idea of Italians being dreaded I find amusing

>Swiss colonial empire
That's a kek!

I seriously don't know why you don't make them a canton.

My colony :)

Who?

Liechtenstein.

That's not Liechtenstein on the map.

Are you referring to this ?

If so,
>American education

Our fellow non-country :3

Don't be that nasty. Nobody not living in Europe should be expected to know with such precision the location of Liechtenstein. After all it's a deeply irrelevant country.

What was the Swiss colonial empire?
That's not Liechtenstein, bro.

Where does Raeto-Romanic come from? Surely it has little to do with the Rhaeti from antiquity?

I heard the language is so complex they for a long time didn't have a dictionary for it.

that Indonesian seems to vehemently hate Americans for some unaccountable reason

so over half of your country is basically german pretending it not to be?

>Nobody not living in Europe should be expected to know with such precision the location of Liechtenstein.
Why?

hmm

I think it stems from the Rhaetian language which got under latin influence once the romans expanded their sphere of influence. Later it was influenced by German as well for a bit and then got stuck where it is now. I'm not an expert on the matter though, as I don't speak the language.

what else should you be called? tiny asian city states are a meme

This is me (unironically)

I spent a week in Ticino last summer and there were so many little things that triggered me a lot.
People just didn't seem to give a shit about doing things right. Hotel room for three people only had one key available. Waiters didn't have change multiple times. Screens that display bus arrival times don't work. Cafeteria has no prices displayed. etc etc

I despise this Italian mentality.

Malaya.

City-states are mostly memes except for Malta.

Singapore should be part of a united Malaya. Not that I'd want to live in that, but I don't want to live in Singapore either.

one key? for multiple people? yikes

Well technically Malta isn't a city-state, I meant microstates.

Give it back, then :3

Never go to real Italy then.

Switzerland is what we could and should have been. Unionism was a mistake, the Swiss tried it once and it resultedin civil war. Swiss model of federalism with maximal cultural autonomy for the different regions is the best idea for multilingual first world countries.

Going to Geneva in two weeks

What should I go and see

I liked the church on the hill. Not sure what it's called. Red cross museum was kinda meh, not really that interesting. So maybe rather go see the CERN or some art exhibition.

RIP Edon, you still cross my mind time to time

Don't care either way desu

Don't worry, I certainly won't.

Old town

>Don't worry, I certainly won't.
I wish your countrymen shared your sentiment

Same could be said about yours.

wtf, i want to visit this country now

Front*lieri are a fucking cancer, they steal your jobs and make their own communities poorer and wholly dependent on your economy

Mostly Ticinese jobs, but yea I agree.

AFAIK they are also in France

I was talking about Italian border hoppers specifically. But of course, same happens with French in Romandie and Germans in northers parts. Some even travel from Germany for 3 hours or more daily to get to there job in Zurich or some shit. Ridiculous.

>Some even travel from Germany for 3 hours or more daily to get to there job in Zurich or some shit. Ridiculous.
wew, here you are eligible for special border hopping tax status only if you directly border Switzerland, guess Germans don't need that

what is wrong with living in another country, and working in another? you are paying taxes where you work, and probably live as well

There is nothing wrong with it but some people lose out when it happens.

The wage differential between Switzerland and neighboring countries is insane. In absolute numbers the average Swiss wage is about twice that of Italy, and 1.5 times that of France. When you look at purchasing power it evens out a lot but that doesn't matter for border hopping.

Best parts: north, south-east
Worst: Gen*va and the french speaking ones