Armchair Director: Adventure Time

You are now the director/writer for Adventure Time charged with leading the show to reach its full potential and restore it to its former glory as on of CN most profitable shows. You can't retcon anything already in the show, and you cant reboot the show all together. What would you do?

Make Finn grow up because dammit it is called Adventure Time with FINN and Jake. The guy is like what 17 and is still short as hell.

Copy and paste various fan fictions into a script and watch it burn.

I always felt that Finn needed some type of internal conflict about being a hero. Something more uprooting than that one story with Bill. Maybe he could gets an anti-hero rival, or maybe Bubblegum final dose something that Finn can just push aside.
Also I would like to see like to see more of the world outside of OOH.

Any specifics you have in mind comrade

Nice try, CN shills.

Does it count as a "reboot" to return to the original concept of Finn and Jake running around meeting new people in new villages? That's the simplest thing to fix it. Let Finn go further away from home, for weeks at a time. The Candy Kingdom is burned out as a central location and he doesn't need to be chained to it anymore. He should realize that his reasons for bumming around there all the time are not particularly noble, in truth.

However that requires the show to be funny again. If we can't be funny anymore, I'd do an arc where PB finally steps over the line and Finn and Jake oppose her.

Last plan, put Finn and Jake in space. Space pirates. Regular Show's doin it.

Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Excuse me

Correct Answer
Report to CN HQ to retrieve your prize

Definitely this but I've kind of lost faith it will make any difference. Finn just gets more boring with age, the writers have failed utterly to help him grow up not only physically but emotionally.

>Maybe he could gets an anti-hero rival
Not only that but he could have friends who are also heroes but with different philosophies and strategies. That would break down the Finn/Jake bond but it's progress. Can't have a coming-of-age show AND have Finn glued to Jake's side. Unless you're a bunch of faggots who always try to get it both ways and end up with neither.

First things first fire the current writing staff and replace them with literally anyone else.
Next step is to create a new villain and foil for Finn, someone that challenges his ideas on a most fundamental level without making him an edgy shitlord Id make him more Lawful Evil as opposed to The Lich's Chaotic Evil. Maybe a failed PB experiment that went crazy and have drove Finn and his pal out of OOH all together to rebuild pre Nuke society.
Then the rest of the season is basically Finn and Crew leaving OOH to build and army to go make and retake OOH.

>Failed to make him grow emotionally
Do you even watch the show?

I prefer episodes focused around side characters myself, but your idea about PB stepping over the line sounds pretty cool. I love iron-fist goddess PB

>Do you even watch the show?
unfortunately. their way of making him improve was to make him dead inside so nothing can really hurt anymore. the lessons bashed into him are lame platitudes like "it wasn't meant to be" or "that didn't matter anyway". nothing ever challenges his fundamental worldviews bc that would change the show too much.

I guess you have a point, but I think he's grow in maturity at least.

>I prefer episodes focused around side characters
Get the fuck out.

I really don't think having an "I dont care" attitude about things is mature
I wont say its childish and i wont say its not development
but its not mature

Hey be nice user
Use your words

A few seasons ago, though, he was messing with people such as the Ice King and Flame Princess, causing massive conflict, yet he didn't feel like it was wrong. Recently, he's thought about it, and realised that he fucked up.

>What would you do
Get rid of the Lich once and for all
Then make Bubbleline canon
Maybe find Finn a girlfriend so we can put his relationship problems to rest already

I think he knows when he's doing something bad, but he loses his mind sometimes and goes into a fugue state. It's...not a good trait.

This

Finn's kind of a dick, yes.

>Get rid of the Lich once and for all
user in previous thread convinced me this was already done. The stuff with Sweet P is actually meaningless side-character filler and Lich proper will never return.

No clue about any new villains but maybe somebody who's not PURE EVIL would be ok.

Can I have it so that once Finn turns 18, At starts playing on Adult Swim with much more overt drug use and themes?

Im pretty sure that would require a reboot
So no

Then it's doomed.

More like Cancerine

The damage done since season 4 or 5 has been irreparable

What do you got against yuri user. The only bad thing about Bubbleline is that its not canon.

Well you could at least try.

>What do you got against yuri user
Bro I like Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, Shantae and Risky Boots and fuckin Mabel and Pacifica> Can't stand Korrasami and Bubbline though. Both of those trainwrecked something inside their respective shows. They're kancer with a kapital K.

>Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy
Gross but i see where your coming from
There is not reason Marcy would be a lesbian and PB isn't sciencesexual.

in all honesty I think PB is the most unlikeable character I've seen in a while and I can't take anything with her seriously

plus finn getting with marcy is best endgoal ship

Lich is definitely coming back, they've built him up as the final boss of the series so he has to be defeated forever in the finale.

>built him up as the final boss of the series
Then the show should have ended at least 3 times already.
The Lich isn't a threat anymore he doesn't carry the weight he used to. A final boss shouldn't be defeated until the finale. If you keep killing him and bringing him back he stops being a villain and starts being an annoyance.

Since their writing method since season 3 has been to just throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks, it shouldn't be difficult to introduce more big villains that fit into the universe (or to add elements of the universe that could bring-in new villains).

>Pic related

>then the show should have ended at least 3 times already

Am I focusing on making the show good or making the show popular and financially viable? Because my advice will mainly aim to make it good.

But yeah, first things first, the show is more plot focused. This is taking AT as far away from its inception as possible but fuck it, the show's dipped way too far into the plot and DEEPEST LORE territory to keep trying their half assed plot aongside wacky one off adventures side by side. Not saying it needs to be Avatar, but working kind of like Steven Universe would be a start.
And if they wanna do crazy shit, then goddammit they better make it stick or I'm not letting them do that shit at all. The fact that there are people who legitimately defend things like Finn getting his arm back is amazing, and I say this as someone who still loves the show.

Also try to incorporate as many new writers and storyboarders as possible, I actually don't think the current guys are all that bad, but just having way more creative people will lead to more unique takes on the show which will produce more interesting stories.

But past those I don't really know, micro-managing the entire series would be really hard and probably drain me more than it drained poor Pendleton. Having Finn actually physically grow to represent his personality growth would be amazing but they've already waited so long that unless there's like a 5 year time skip it would be weird as fuck, but screw it, lets do it anyway if the network allows. The show gets very little credit for having the protag age if they hide that fact as much as they can.
Past that lets just use whatever remaining time the show has left to try and mend some of the disasters they've made in the story, lore, and characters while using whatever bonus room we have for more new ideas.

This will probably be terrible but you gotta try different things to fix the damage man.

I don't think it's necessarily good what they've done but that's still how they set it up. Lich keeps coming back, even when it isn't the season finale. They're gonna use him because he's like the ultimate evil in the universe, so unless they get a BIGGER ultimate evil which has a good chance of being retarded as hell they gotsta come back to the spooky skelly.

Plus
>A final boss shouldn't be defeated until the finale.
Yeah sure lets just wait fucking years for them to finally fight the bad guy, that makes for exciting television. I get what you mean but he still needs a presence, if he's entirely absent well then no one will give a shit about him until he shows up, and if it takes as long as this show goes it'll be boring as hell even if they throw in hints.

Having him get defeated so many times that he becomes boring is shitty, but so is not using him at all. They got something very interesting going on with the way that the Lich is strong enough to take another form after he gets defeated and then try another tactic, they just have to use it well and finally send him off when they're done with him instead of using him until he becomes worthless.

>Interdimensional being that ravages Ooo over a series of a few episodes and with a huge climax near the end

if only

Has anyone tried marathoning the entire series yet
Im halfway through season 3
pic related

cancel it

They are already doing it since like season 3 at least

I'm gonna do that once the show ends. It's gonna take like 50 hours.
>implying season 3 is bad

Season 1 and season 6 are the only bad seasons.

Im referring to how shitty it gets later on.
I know how bad it gets and i don't think i can take the quality drop.

Season 1 is good and season 5.1 is also shitty, get better opinions nerd.

Well if you've been keeping up with the show at least you're prepared for it. I actually kind of like season 5.2 and consider 7 to actually be good so maybe it would be easier for me than you.

But isn't the point that he can't be defeated forever? He's the symbol of evil in the universe.

They're implying that he will someday emerge from the babby, but we'll never see it in the show.

I do like Lich as final boss because that's simple and harkens back to earlier days, but I thought the "life kills death" ending for him was actually clever. Maybe they'll be smart for once in their bloody lives and not spoil that.

If he was reborn as the baby and the whole 'Lich' part of him was gone that would be one thing, and actually a decent end to his character, but the fact that the Lich still lives in Sweat Pea really seems like he's gonna come back. Something will unleash him or he'll break out; it screams "We're putting the Lich on ice until we're out of idea for season finales" and not "This is Lich's final resting place."

Plus, I really don't think they can help using him in the final boss fight. Like you said, he's the symbol of evil, so wouldn't defeating that be a really cool ending and way to show that the good guys won?

If I got a choice between more losers like Orgalorg or the Lich for the seventieth time I think I'm talking Lichie boy.

Shoulda watched it backwards.

Your only choice is to embrace the pain.

Bonus, all of the post-dropoff seasons are incredibly long for no apparent reason.

I want a lich from an AU to do something, like he was trying to in Crossover.

>for no apparent reason.
Season finales aren't cheap

When was the last episode where Finn was a legit total badass like the Fight King coliseum episode

Crossover I guess?
Before that I think it would have been uh fucking The Mountain maybe? He handled those traps pretty handily but I guess that isn't strictly badass.

What, is that really why?

Nah but that's probably part of it.

An actual answer is probably something like it lets them connect episodes easier or some bullshit. Maybe they're just doing it so that CN can't try to shove in more hiatuses between the season finale and the next season's opener.

>"We're putting the Lich on ice until we're out of idea for season finales"
that makes sense but ugh how could they possible up the ante on this? they're already dipping into the multiverse/AU pot and it's a clusterfuck. embarrassing how they think they can handle that when they can't even keep simple lore straight.

Really, the next time Lich does come back they would have to make it some Mass Effect 3 shit so that it seems like an actual threat and not "Oh there's Lich for the 6th time."
Having to get like all of Ooo unified or something would really show that Lich is threatening the world bigger than before.

I don't smoke enough crack to believe this will happen, but I wish there was no final bossfight or epic battle at all and the ending was more about Finn finding a family and/or a new place to live as he decides what to do with the rest of his life.

Overall the later seasons give the impression he's not destined to be the savior of the universe and isn't even that interested. Last time he beat lichie it was an accident. All his victories are pre much accidents now thanks to deus-ex-machina-arm.

Crossover was more of the grass arm because we don't know how else he'd get out of the block of ice

I'd prefer that too actually, since my ideal ending for the series would be Finn sailing away from Ooo on his own to both find himself and shit and search for any potentially remaining humans in the rest of the planet. There'd be a big emotional thing with him and Jake and him still being afraid of the ocean and everything.

They probably will just end it on "bad guy dead, happy ending" but I think it might work pretty well if they combine both of them. Big evil thing gets defeated, then the characters deal with their stuff afterward and that's the actual finale.

I'm curious. Why do people think Finn needs to break off from Jake? It's obvious that he needs to from Bubbkegum, but I've never heard flying solo from Jake a lot before.

You're literally the demographic that fucked up the show. I hate you.

Because if he doesn't then he's just gonna be butt buddies with Jake forever and that's just boring. Gimme some of that intense brotherly drama about them being less in each other's lives, that would be cool and bittersweet but if done right they would both be better and happier afterward.

I know he loves Jake and all but you don't hang out with your family until the day you die. I want him to branch out and stuff, that would be a pretty cool way to show that he's matured.

Jake raised Finn as an emergency daddy -- it's normal to separate from your parental figure (and siblings) as you get older.

Plus Jake shelters Finn and it's not really funny anymore.

They're gonna be butt buddies until one of them croaks. No Finn branching off and challenging Bubblegum. No Finn GF adventures. You take what we give you, you entitled brats.

>implying I give a shit what the show says
Dogs age and die a lot quicker than humans, unless they pull more bullshit out of their ass like in that episode Jake's dying when Finn's like 30 or something tops.

He would have been dead for decades in Dungeon Train, but they needed a way for that episode to end I guess.

He's fucking magic he'll live however long they want him to live.

Develop the characters by involving them in more mature and profane content. Have them deal with issues that they might realistically face I.E. Marceline going to Finn's 18th birthday and realizing that little boy she became friends with is all grown up, and soon will grow old and die.

Or Jake wanting to settle down with the adventures because he wants to spend more time with Lady Rainicorn, slowly causing a rift between him and Finn.

And speaking of, why not delve a bit more into Finn's psyche? As he grows older, undoubtly he'll be trying to expand his intelligence. Maybe he becomes face with such a great moral dilemma that shows that maybe there just isn't a good answer to it.

>Finn's vault is never explored for development besides Shoko
>All those possibilities canned for relationship drama

>Marceline
>Getting old and dieing
I don't understand
Everything else sounds good though

>you
>reading
It's half past midnight so I'll let it slide

The Vault was a really good episode by goddamn was I annoyed that they used the namesake of that place where Finn stores all the traumatic, horrific shit he's experienced and stored away to protect himself for fucking Bubblegum backstory.

On top of being retarded and not making sense, fuck off, put that in another episode you assholes, let Finn's fucked up mind get some screentime.

reread it
thanks for not ripping me a new one
ill go to bed now

Well, think of it like this. Marceline is a Vampire, she's biologically immortal. How does she feel, seeing someone she's known since he was a little boy swinging a near broken sword around proclaiming to be a hero, grow up into the true hero he was meant to be?

How will she feel when he decides that the Candy Kingdom will be safe from the forces of The Ice King, whose by this point so pitiful it's laughable. Will she try to stop him when he goes off, alone, out into the world to save villages and people? Or will she find a way to spy on him, to make sure he's alright?

I'd also like to explore Finn's relationship with the Pillow People again, or something like that. It got me in the chest thumper.

These are interesting things to wonder on but the show's really made it a point that Finn and Marceline aren't allowed to hang out anymore.
It gets in the way of the lesbians I suppose.

>let Finn's fucked up mind get some screentime.
One) No, they won't.

Two) They'll let Prubs break down in Varmints, but they won't let Finn do the same at the sight of the family he never had in Crossover. Shits fucked up they give him no chances for the audience to connect with him sympathetically anymore,

Nah, she's too busy chasing Prubs to care (see Martin/Grass arcs)

To be fair, I don't think they're Lesbians.
Marceline has had a boyfriend in the past with hints that she might've liked Finn.

Princess Bubblegum has shown hints that she liked Finn too, but he was always too young. If anything they're Bi.

But even if it's just for Bubblegum and Marceline to be a couple, couldn't Marceline watch over Finn? She is still his friend after all. She might worry when he leaves the safety of the Candy Kingdom to go to the Real World.

Its a shame they were really cute back in the earlier seasons.

Finn is growing up so there is no simple way to change it back. I would use 1-2 seasons to build up a pair of characters to replace Finn and Jake. Then make Finn physically grown up, have an epic fight, and leave Ooo for a bigger adventure (but not go to space, plz focus on earth first before we learnt more about the mushroom war) . Then we make a spinoff using the new characters we built up. Most of the B class characters are immortal so no big change. Iich will be here (he will always be here) . Also i hate marceline the drama queen , so i will change it back to her old design

>couldn't Marceline watch over Finn?
She easily could. In the show's universe they're still pretty good buddies but the writers just go out of their way to ignore their relationship as much as they possibly can.

It's like they know their chemistry is too OP and have to bury it so that all the fans don't don't fall in love with it.

I really like the concept of Marceline being like a big sister to Finn. In fact i like the idea of all the characters (Jake, Marcelline, PB) influencing Finn in their own ways and directly or indirectly teaching him to be a better hero and person. I don't want relationship drama i want family drama, dare i say kinda like what Steven Universe and Gravity Falls.

That got me thinking.
If, by some reason, the two did spark a relationship, what then? Nothing could ever come from it - as far as I know in the series canon, a Vampire cannot procreate conventionally. So they could never have kids, and Marceline could not dare convert Finn for he is the last human. Sadly, Susan Strong is a Cyborg as far as I remember, so that's out of the window too.

No. If they did have a relationship, however bright it would be, his candle would burn out long before Marceline's would. And she would be left with a void, and alone in a world that has no sanity.
And I like the direction your idea is going in.

Anyone wanna take a crack at how Marcy and PB influenced Finn

I get tired of the everyone is right except Fin slant the show went into. It gets too one sided at times when the only person who needs to mature and learn a lesson is Fin. The only episode like that for someone else was when PB tried to sabotage the Flame Kingdoms Golem defenders. Even then she goes right back into tyrant peebs.

From what I have seen with Cinnamon Bun going from half baked to full baked, is that she purposely creates her citizens to be dependent on her. When she did try to make a smarter candy person it ended with Goliad who became just as much of a tyrant.

I feel as though that was what they were aiming for in the earlier seasons, but as Finn grew older and began to dabble in romance, things just fizzled out. And the directors of the show decided to abandon or tone down that part of his character. Do you remember the song?
"Am I your joke, your knight, or your brother?"

They all influenced him up to that point, bringing him to those three conclusions on how he seems himself when with them.

All I wanna see is Bubblegum reveal herself to be a pirate and leave the Land of Ooo to go on pirate adventures.

end it this season of course.

just as a treat for the real fans have finn and jake going on an adventure with the status quo restored as always in the final episode...

the series needs a complete reboot or a really good movie

For the fans - They've burned too many bridges.

For new viewers - They really wouldn't know much about the universe and what is going on anyway.

>Bring Marshall Lee into Finn's universe
>Finn has strange and confusing feelings for Marshall Lee
>First gay kiss in a children's prime time animated series
>SU completely BTFO

Then

>Corrupted Gems find their way into Finn's universe
>Jasper and the CG's show up to catch it
>Finn and Marshall Lee poof the corrupted Gems
>Jasper revives the lich

Then

>Lich comes back and corrupts the CG
>Steven shows up and cries
>PB finds cure for gem corruption
>CG and Finn beat the lich

I think you need to sleep, user.

Fuck the rules, OP. I’m going to reboot. Here we go. The emphasis here is to show Finn growing (both physically and mentally), as well as setting up long-standing plot threads and giving Finn more history with characters he didn’t have before.

>Season 1
>We start with Finn and Jake travelling
>They have been told by their father, Joshua, to go to the land of Ooo and seek Billy the Hero
>Finn is to find him and receive training in becoming a great hero himself
>Showcase Finn and Jake’s friendship and brotherly bond, and also their skills with this first episode
>Episode ends with them coming across a giant, broken digital clock, blinking 0:00; they’ve arrived at Ooo
>The next handful of episodes introduce and establish the other important characters
>Princess Bubblegum initially dismisses Finn and Jake as just a child and a slacker, but they prove their worth to her by defending the Candy Kingdom
>When seeking a home in Ooo, Finn and Jake meet Marceline the Vampire Queen in a furnished treehouse, and the events are very similar to Evicted.
>Simon Petrikov is a powerful wizard from before the Mushroom War; he has a history with Marceline and becomes friends with Finn and Jake
>Finn finds Billy, and begins to receive training from him
>The following episodes are mostly filler and one-off adventures, but they showcase Finn’s growth under Billy’s tutelage
>Since the start of the season, there are snippets of a man-who we’ll refer to as Ron-asking about a human boy’s location; he leaves death in his wake as he makes his way to Ooo

>In the season finale, Ron has arrived at Ooo, and has come for Finn
>He reveals that he had killed Joshua sometime after he sent Finn and Jake away, and now he has come for Finn
>He is incredibly powerful, and no one is able to beat him
>In an act of desperation, Simon Petrikov puts on the cursed Ice Crown, becoming the Ice King
>In his last moments of lucidity, he manages to overpower and kill Ron with Finn’s help
>The ending is bittersweet; Ron is defeated, but Simon is lost to madness

>Season 2
>The first couple of episodes of Season 2 deal with the Ice King, who has set up his Ice Kingdom
>He would be a serious threat, if not for the fact that he was insane and seemed more concerned with kidnapping princesses than anything else
>The main antagonist of this season though is Hunson Abadeer, Marceline’s father
>He dispatches various demons and monsters to Ooo in search of Marceline, and tries to convince her to come home to rule alongside him
>Marceline, deeply saddened by the loss of her friend Simon, eventually agrees
>Finn tries to talk her out of it, but she snaps back, blaming Finn for the Ice King; if he hadn’t been trying to protect Finn then he would have been alright
>She leaves for the Nightosphere
>The following episodes are more filler-ish; Finn continues his training with Billy, we introduce Flame Princess and begin building her relationship with Finn, and other one-off adventures

Yeah I felt betrayed as fuck by that episode.

I swear to christ, for all the interest they seem to have in Finn's mental problems, there is no attempt to progress him somewhere. Why would you only pretend to address the main character's deep repressed issues that fester inside him and occasionally burst out and make him do wrong actions? This is one thing you really gotta go 100% or go home goddamn.

why is this so funny
holy shit i woke up my roommate
i think i'm dieing

>Then Finn and the gang receive word from the Nightosphere that Marceline is being held there against her will
>The gang travels to the Nightosphere to save her; the events are similar to Return to the Nightosphere and Daddy’s Little Monster
>Hunson has forced the cursed Nightosphere Amulet onto Marceline, turning into the monstrous ruler of the Nightosphere
>Finn, Jake, Bubblegum, and even Ice King (who just didn’t want to be left out) fight their way to her
>Finn manages to remove the Amulet from Marceline, but they’re surrounded by demons and Hunson himself
>With everyone beaten, tired, and no other way out, Finn begins to put the Amulet on, in a move that parallels what Simon Petrikov did
>Hunson warns that if Finn, a mere human mortal, puts the Amulet on, he will never be himself again
>Finn does so anyway, turning into a monster and battling Hunson
>Through his force of will (and the power of FRIENDSHIP), Finn is able to successfully remove the Amulet and return to normal
>Having escaped, Marceline realizes the risks and sacrifices that people take to protect their friends, and she makes up with Finn
>Happy end
>After credits
>We see Ron in the afterlife, and he is approached by Death
>Ron refuses to accept his fate, and he overpowers Death, his eyes glowing green as we fade to black

>Season 3
>Start with flashback episodes from before Finn or Jake were born
>Ron, Billy, Joshua, and Martin were once an adventuring group, traveling the world and being badass
>Ron was always the shadiest of the group, obsessed with becoming more powerful
>He learns that Martin’s wife is pregnant; the first human child to be born since the Mushroom War
>Ron believes that if he can sacrifice a pure, innocent human soul-one only a newborn child can have-, then he can obtain great power
>Billy, Joshua, and Martin learn of his plan, and Martin commits a cosmic crime (not sure about the details here yet) to protect Finn
>Martin is banished to the Citadel, but Finn is safe with Joshua
>Ron believes that Finn and his innocence are lost to him, but when he hears word of a heroic hero boy from Ooo, he realizes that Finn may still be pure of heart, and he makes his way to him
>We see him about to land the killing blow on Joshua before returning to the present
>Not sure what will fill the remaining episodes besides filler and one-shots, so let’s cut to the multi-part finale
>Finn and the gang are enjoying a peaceful day
>Suddenly, they are attacked by an unbelievable powerful evil force
>Finn: “Who are you?”
>”Before, I was a peasant. A peasant struggling in vain against mortal folly. But then you struck me down, Finn the Human, and from the recoil I have returned. I am no longer a peasant. Now I am death’s ruler. Now I am a king.”
>Ron is the Lich King
>More powerful than ever, he easily defeats all the heroes, and intends to take revenge on Finn
>Billy holds him off, giving the group a chance to escape
>The Lich kills him
>Finn refuses to let anyone else get hurt protecting him, and against the wishes of the group, sneaks off to face the Lich alone, thinking foolishly he might be satisfied by the human’s death

I'll read this textwall dude but it'll take a couple hours

>The scene is like the ending of the Matrix Revolutions, where Finn enters the Lich’s kingdom, walking past hordes of undead as he approaches the Lich
>The fight is brutal, one-sided, and despite Finn getting up over and over again, it’s a lost cause
>The Lich kills him
>Lich arrives at the Candy’s Kingdom’s doorstep alone, presenting Bubblegum with a blood-stained bear hat; it’s all that was left of Finn
>He tells her that in three days’ time, his forces will bring death to all of Ooo, and that they should make their time
>Meanwhile, in the afterlife, we find Finn; he is with Billy and Death
>Death tells Finn that the Lich makes a mockery of his work, and he agrees to give Finn a second-chance at life to defeat the Lich
>Billy presents a way to do so; it is a cursed item, similar to the Ice Crown and Nightosphere Amulet
>The Grass Sword
>Billy explains that Finn has already demonstrated the ability to overcome the power of a cursed item when he removed the Nightosphere Amulet, so he is the only one who has a chance of controlling the Grass Sword
>Billy warns that the Grass Sword could consume him, but Finn agrees anyway; he grabs the sword, which wraps him in a cocoon
>Meanwhile, the rest of the gang are assembling whatever forces that can to combat the Lich: Candy Guardians, Flame Kingdom soldiers, penguins, etc.
>The battle is on a grand scale, with Bubblegum, Marceline, Jake, and Flame Princess taking on the Lich
>M: “This is for my best friend!”
>FP: “This is for my boyfriend!”
>PB: “This is for my hero!”
>J: “This is for my brother!”
>Lich: “This is for your folly.”
>He blows them away like chumps
>Lich advances on the four, about to deal the killing blow, but then he is sliced by a streak of green

>Finn arrives on the battlefield, the Grass Sword bonded to his arm
>We are shown Finn’s dreamscape adventure where he learns a lesson or something and gains control of the Grass Sword, emerging from the cocoon as a stronger hero than ever
>His battle with the Lich is flashy, epic, and just like one of my Japanese animes
>The Lich, realizing he is not going to win, decides to end all life on the planet in one fell swoop, even if it means his own demise
>He ascends skyway, where he transforms into a flaming green meteor and comes hurdling back down to Earth
>The Grass Sword grows, covering Finn’s entire arm with a massively long sword, and sprouting butterfly wings on his back
>Finn flies up to face the meteor head on, destroying it with a single, might slash
>Finn falls back the ground where Jake catches him; his Grass Sword arm has been burnt away, leaving only a stump
>The day is won though, and Ooo is victorious
>Happy end
>A single blade of grass sprouts from Finn’s arm

It gets in the way of making sure he doesn't have a good role model. Somebody who goes out of their way to understand him. Jake's too clueless to help him most of the time and that's how they like it.

Lay it on me, sempai. Can he be recovered this late in the game?

>not Finnceline
Text discarded back to FF.net

I'd probably give Finn a competent nemesis that isn't out to destroy him or anything. Just wants to fuck him up a lot (maybe to help him grow).
I'd probably just add a few semi-reoccuring characters because I haven't watched the show in forever so I can't say much as far as plot.