>worthless as currency
>inefficient to produce
Why should it continue to exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinflation.com
funnyordie.com/videos/f7112b01fb/ass-pennies-from-greatest-comedy-sketches
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

to piss you off nigger

Are you a surrender monkey or an actual ape? It's hard to tell these days.

It shouldn't

We got rid of ours, it really makes change more convenient to deal with, nobody misses them.

because of the 1 perCENT

pennies are as American as apple pie you cuck.

Because muh zinc mines

What else are you going to throw at the homeless? Nickels?

I miss my fucking leaf coins and throwing like 40 pennies into the bus so I can pay less but they don't care

Getting rid of pennies is not a bad idea.

>UNITED STATES oF AMERICA

Did they make a fucking typo on the fucking money?

Yea but here's profit to be made making them.

So kids can ride Sandy

Because it's made of inferior zinc,
Our penny is made of superior Canadian steel folded over a thousand times

>implying they still put the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse

I thought it was some kind of toy counterfeit the first time I saw one of the new ones. It probably would float on the surface of water if you laid it down gently.

That's gotta be the cheapest best ride out there.

fuckin' idiot the word penny comes from our english pence.

'pennies' is our word faggots

Imo all coins except for quarters shoyld be abolished. Make everything either
Or

I hope they do get rid of it. I've been sorting out pennies pre-82 for a while hoping to melt them down for the copper in them when they get rid of them. Each pre-82 penny is currently worth about 2.5 cent in copper.

We should bring back the superior LSD system

No, you dumbass. Same as you spell, "court," a COVRT on official plaques.

>english words belong to the ancient realm of united kingdom
just my to pfennings worth. could you spare me a groschen?

Just a sign of how much stuff costs today that our current currency system is insufficient.
Soon enough we'll be getting 100s out of ATMs instead of 20s.

>not pieces of eight

>spot the jew

coinflation.com

More like 1.4 cents. Still worth more than face. In my experience, it's more trouble than it's worth, I don't think I've run across more than $2 worth of those pre-1982s over a period of 7 years.

Dunno what that piece of shit is but pence, shillings and pounds are pure Anglo and too confusing for dumb shitskins (aka Americans) to understand so it's perfect

No way, (((Yellen))) has it under control.

>canadicuck DOLLAR
lol, what a neat hat we should put a whirly blade on him

>the Jew immediately raises prices on everything from $.99 to $1.01
>lol, gotta round that up to $1.25 goy!

Because ass pennies?

funnyordie.com/videos/f7112b01fb/ass-pennies-from-greatest-comedy-sketches

Wow what a neat face I had to put my dick inside it

I used it to pay a towing company. They got 18,800 unwrapped pennies. They would've gotten them rolled if the guy unhooked my car when I caught him. So fuck them.

Is it really that much trouble though? I already collect coins and sort my change I get every day. So I separate wheat pennies, put the pre-82s in a jar, the 82s in a jar and every other penny into the general cash jar.

Back when money had intrinsic value, they broke coins into eight pieces.
>not using an octal system

Also, reminder that Anglos have always been the minority in the US. The majority of Americans are German.

Uh okay? Who gives a shit if the POOnited PISS of AmeriSHIT is mostly GermanKEK? I don't give a rats ass about your irrelevant shitty country

The real reason is state an municipality imposed sale taxes. Total sales tax in my area is 8.43 cents on a dollar because the city constantly puts "fractions of a penny" sales tax increases in place to pay for one specific thing and never repeals them.

It's hard to do that when the lowest change that can be given for purchases is 5 cents, you either have to ask businesses to eat the rest of the tax (which they won't), or ask the citizens for a bigger tax hike.

>a pile of rocks
Symbolizing the value of the currency for illiterates?

Although its illegal as fuck, would melting a fuck ton of pennies into blocks of copper actually make it more valuable?

No money has real value the minerals inside it don't trust me :)

Only cash transactions are rounded off. If you pay with a credit card or by check you can use 1ยข increments. Millages also would continue to use fractions of a cent.

Fun fact: early on, before inflation, there were actual mill coins, which were 1/100th of 1 cent.

Because some people still can't pump gas.

>pfennings

it's 'pfennig'

fuck me

There was a guy who was in minor trouble because he popularized the fact that pennies were worth more than pennies as scrap copper.

Underrated, but also inaccurate. You don't got nips, you got slant kikes.

Or live in New Jersey where you legally aren't allowed.

This.

Until they feel like they can justify abolishing physical currency all together.

Because when I go in and I'm one cent off, I won't let the kikes take that. I'll give them a god damn penny.

I know, that's fucking retarded. FUCK NEW JERSEY

(((Profits)))?

Why do people live in New Jersey?

Wait, actually stay there. Probably people who still live in New Jersey should stay in their containment zone.

I say we nuke them from orbit.

Some towns in Massachusetts too.
I got stuck in a town there with full service only gas, and pumped my own gas anyway. When the attendant tried to stop me I shouted "fuck you masshole we won the war". To which he replied: "what war, where are you even from?"

There will be nothing left to pinch...

Back when I didn't know you couldn't pump you own gas in jersey, I rolled up, got out, started pumping, and the attendant was even more autistic than I was and just sort of slithered off to get tips from other cars before I knew what the deal was.

After that, I never stopped there for gas again. I don't care about your fucking tax structure and third world gas station people. I'm pumping my own gas, faggot, like a real American.

and they will profit from the extra 99 cents from that dollar you broke

(Clap Clap)

A better fucking question:
Why print and devalue your currency to the point of making denominations worthless?

The humble penny does not deserve this scorn. Our economic system takes the blame for the failure it has brought.

Idioms will adjust.

For example, Britfags used to say "missed it by a mile," now they say "missed it by a shade over two and a half kilometers". It's the same thing really.

They could just revalue the currency and move the decimal over one space.

Because the foreign Jew Bankers retook our country for the third time via the Jeweral ReJew Jewank. You could consider it the fourth time, except that we weren't a country until after we threw off the Jew Bankers for the first time when we beat back the Empire for Jewing us too hard.

You can ask John Maynard Keyenes that question. His answer is somewhat puzzling and open to interpretation. He says, "we'll all be dead by then" when confronted with the mathematical impossibility of his scheme. Then again, he was also a gay pedophile who liked to go to North Africa to fuck little boys because they were cheap and easy there.

>Get rid of penny's in leafland
>Prices at store still end in .99 and have to be rounded up

Kill yourselves

fuck yeah

what moron even came up with that law, is the average New Jersey fag too stupid to put a pump into his car?

>using cash

Because it's how we name the chink immigrants who come here mit fulls of pennies down a stairwell you've got 230 different chink names and summoned the little yellow monkeys to clean the fucking thing too

To create gas pumping jobs out of thin air
That's literally all there is to it.

Redenominate all pennies to 5 cents and start phasing them out quickly. In its place, make a zinc nickel and start phasing out the old nickels slowly.

Nope, still your mom

(you)

Yeah but your steel is made of 30% manganese and 2% iron.

I don't even know what sort of scenario you're trying to outline here, friend.

Do it. Get rid of them. It significantly reduces the amount of coins you have clogging up your wallet.

You still have pennies ffs??

What are you canadiafag??

Our great country (((USA))) has already gotten rid of ours. Pleb.

KIKES GET OUT!!! RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one that did this.

simple, transactions are still done in cents and you have to be able to make change. Thank the fed for devaluing the currency.

Chinknadian detected.

350 THOUSAND MORE

You don't capitalize