Star Trek

Discovery is confirmed Trek KINO edition.

Discovery will run for 12 seasons and win multiple Emmy awards.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BhHeTl-M-qQ
avclub.com/amp/232076
youtube.com/watch?v=02LgdXVkXgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tholians when

>tfw Pre TOS because normies only know what TOS is
>muh Spock man
>or Vulcans, whatever theyre called tehe

This is Harry Kim. Say something nice about him.

>muh strong black and asian female leads
nope

So we are going to meet with Enterprise?

The funny thing is the Asian woman is a compromise

Fuller got fired when he insisted the captain and first officer BOTH be black women

Even the retards at CBS seemed to grasp people weren't going to tune in for the voyages of the Starship MMHMM

nigga used to turn to set high as fucking kite, the producers hated it and kept giving him shit storylines and no development as punishment

>new star trek is blacksploitation series
that sonds like fun

3 seasons and will die after

He was a talented Parrises squares player, and was Academy champion three times.

>Telling the core fanbase to go fuck themselves
>They think feminists actually watch Star Trek

Cancelled after 2 seasons, calling it now

>he also wanted Clarice Starling to be black
What the fuck is his problem?

>only way to legally watch it in North America is on the CBS All Access subscription web service
>budget: $105 million

>win multiple Emmy awards
you got that part right

People are sperging out about Discovery far too much. I mean it looks crap but this is the biggest case of
>NOT MUH
I've seen in a long while.

>REEEE THEY'VE CHANGED THE WAY KLINGONS LOOK
They did that once before anyway. Infact, by and large, Klingons don't even act much like they did in TOS in the movies and subsequent series.

>defending making Klingons completely different
>when STD is set a single decade before TOS
>when ENT went to all the trouble of explaining what happened to TOS Klingons
>when Klingons looked completely normal in ENT, which took place only a century prior

I give it 3 seasons max before they cancel it

Asian is fine. Asians have accomplished things and are a plurality of the worlds population.

It's niggers who are useless.

>Discovery will run for 12 seasons and win multiple Emmy awards.

More likely it will fail on first season and it will kill the whole franchise.

Netflix essentially paid for everything. Little to no risk for CBS.

Between 60's and 80's makeup and prosthetics advanced quite a bit. Since 80's those have been more or less same and same applies to other practical effects.

It'll be dead within two seasons.

>and are a plurality of the worlds population.
Um sweetie, the show is set in the year 2255, if anything the entire cast should be black to reflect Earth's demographics then

Yeoh isn't captain of the Discovery, she's from another ship that will act as supporting cast during S1. Jason Isaacs is "the Captain"

>completely redesigned
>ships are green orbs
>leave Matrix code in their wake as "webbing"

>Defending making the Klingons look different with no explanation for nearly 2 decades in a film set about a decade or two after TOS

Source that they always intended Klingons to have the bumps. Also
>Implying anything even remotely close to pic related was created using prosthetics and make-up in the 80's

I don't like the way the new Klingons look, but I'm willing to get the fuck over that.

he's from an alternate reality

that implies that people will naturally interbreed when it's likely they won't totally

No, it implies that only one sort of people will breed at all and everybody else will just make room for them by emptying out the other continents.

>nigga used to turn to set high as fucking kite
source on this bullshit

I know tons of trek fans, hell, I like most of star Trek.

I know zero that are excited for this. the few that like the look are turned off that it going to be on some weird service that no one has.

I haven't heard from anyone, anywhere who is excited about this, except for CBS PR people, the cast and crew, and Hollywood agenda pushers. It's crazy, even ENT had some interest around it, this is beyond dead on arrival.

I knew a few people where excited till the first previews came out, then it was like "Nope"

I will likely see the first epsiode mostly to see how awful it is.

ONE-PIN-PRIDE 7-SEASONS-WIDE

Same. I have a feeling it will be bland enough to not even watch ironically for bad acting webm caps.

Reminder Beyond lost the Academy Award for Best Makeup to Suicide Squad.

You imply that average niggers meet recruiting criteria for highly skilled jobs like starfleet officers. Only statistical outlier niggers will do that. Eugenics war probably will wipeout massive portions of population, especially in Africa and in middle east.

That angers me a little bit.
I liked beyond.

I'll pirate it in ten years time like I did Ent

>Watching TNG
>Holodeck can create fucking everything.
>fuck.ing.every.fucking.thing
>Turing test passing humans, actual fucking snow, any kind of furniture is the easiest.
WHY isn't every fucking room a Holodeck? Maybe not have the helm be 100% Holo as the controls need to be available, but you could have the chairs be holo:
Normal crusing? Comfy chairs
Combat mode? Everyone gets crash couches that strap them in hard enough to not fly around.

and of course it would be even more helpful all around the civil part of the ship. Dinner hall? Have a new cool location every day. On top of a little mountain with a decent view? The amazing fields from "The sound of music"? The fucking great hall from Harry Potter? And the personal quarters! Sleep in a hammock deep in a jungle? Under the stars in a cool summer night? A god damn harem of 26 women, holding their hands together on which you can sleep? A god singing you to sleep?

But Nooooo What's holo technology used for? To go to the fucking 50s.

Why would you waste energy on every single room?

That user is trolling a bit.
>le funny suicide squad won for harley quinn makeup lel xD
In truth they won for pic related. croc and such, which in all fairness looked pretty kick ass, even if the movie itself mostly sucked ass.

that looks like the Gorn from TOS

Are you worried about wasting energy? These niggas have magical crystals that will fuel them forever. put in one more, have every room powered on forever.

Nautilus head chick looks better than that

Dilithium doesn't fuel them forever tho

Can we all agree Doug Jones is the most perfect casting ever for a Star Trek alien?

You talking about that new Star Track show with Seth MacFarmland? Yeah, that looks pretty good.

asian women are pretty much the pinnacle of humanity

No. Jeffery Combs is.

I'm not saying they deserve it but that's the fucking oscars.
Watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=BhHeTl-M-qQ

>inb4 cracked
Shut up, they make a good point in this one. Top tier losing to shit tier is nothing new on the oscars.

Also Dougie Jones > Doug Jones

Trilithium would, though.

HEEELLLLOOOOOOOO

Reminder that Morn saved the alpha quadrant.

>mirror brunt was so nice that his death caused the terran rebellion to win

Magical crystals aren't the power source, but control agent in matter-antimatter reaction. They use matter-antimatter annihilation for powering warp drive and fusion reactors for pretty much everything else. Both of those require fuel.

>STD is only available on CBS's streaming service
Dead on arrival

it's on netflix outside of the us and canada though

this, foreign plebs will keep it alive like they do with everything bad

If it's popular in Asia we might at least get good gay fanart

Source this

>STD
They really didn't think this title through

The thing I'm saying is: "They have enough basically magical thingymabobs to power that shit many many many times over" no one on the Enterprise has ever gone "stop holoing so much, think of the fucking electricity bill!" Power is only ever an issue when some other magical thingymabob attacks them and they go "oh noes, somehow it's zapping all our power!"

well I think officially it's DSC
but that's still kinda shit

Surely it'll catch on

Friendly reminder that Discovery could be a perfectly alright and entertaining show and people would still autisticly sperg out over every minute detail.

My prediction? It'll get shat on long and hard by fans and get cancelled after 3 seasons, then in 15 or so years time when they decide to have another crack at Trek, people will start to overlook the bad in favour of the traces of good, just like they did with Enterprise.

>"look at this crap, even Discovery had [x] and [y]
>Discovery was underrated imo
>[x] was totally based
>etc

I guarantee it.

avclub.com/amp/232076

Yeah this looks worse than the fan backlash against ENT when it came out. ENT was able to be saved and folded into the Star Trek family in the end because:
>All the guys who worked on DS9/VOY still working on it
>Seasons 3 and 4

Discovery has none of those things going for it.

I think it's borderline impossible for Discovery to be worse than Enterprise.

I don't know what's wrong with these people? Are they retarded? Why would you bring back tokenism? "Hey should we write good characters?" I DON'T CARE JUST MAKE THEM BLACK. uhm, alright so.. AND A WOMAN. A BLACK WOMAN. AND FAT. WITH ONLY ONE LEG, BUT NOT BECAUSE OF DIABETES.

We had some HORRIBLE fucking years with studios in the 80s and 90s going "alright all we need now is a black guy we can put in there as well" Are we going back to fucking exploitation cinema, where instead of actually writing decent scripts we just put in what the loudest audience demands?

if they wanted to be realistic there is a high chance that so far in the future races died out anyway and almost everyone turned into a brown-ish mix.

>waaaah it doesn't look like a cheap 60s show despite being set in that era!!
Star Trek was always meant to look futuristic, that's what they could afford back then.

>a 2.0 fertility rate means your entire continent will be completely empty and devoid of life
ok sweetie.

No one overlooks the bad in ENT though. Every time someone says "what am I in for" they universally get "get ready to be bored out of your mind for two seasons" and "have fun skipping the intro".

>if they wanted to be realistic there is a high chance that so far in the future races died out anyway and almost everyone turned into a brown-ish mix.
Population genetics doesn't work that way.

I'm looking forward to this show but I might be biased because I'm not a racist

ENT is forever stuck with "I could've been a contender" status

Those are 1.0 to 1.5 birthrates, any country below 2.1 will gradually go extinct under its own inertia

Europe's total white population is 700 million and falling and they expect to receive up to one billion immigrants in coming years

birthrates aren't constant and will change over time

They won't stay that way. In the 70's everyone was terrified of the first world ending up hugely overpopulated. These things tend to reach an equilibrium. Birth rates will go up again as pop density shrinks.

It's gonna end up being like that if you just go far enough in the future, with transport getting easier and cheaper, once you have a worldwide grid where you can be anywhere on the planet in next to no time, I'd wager a few hundred generations and most all the races will have intermixed to a large degree.
granted though, the 2300s and beyond of star trek are likely too soon for that to already have happened.

Even assuming perfect and constant interbreeding that won't happen. If that were the case then ever seeing a recessive trait expressed would be almost unheard of. Yet even in overwhelmingly "PoC" countries you get blondes and redheads. They're just 1 in 100 instead of 1/8 or whatever they are in northern Europe. Ironically, the scenario you describe would increase their incidence in the overwhelmingly brown countries even as it decreased in overwhelmingly white countries. You wouldn't see an averaging of all traits from everyone is fucking everyone world, you'd see an averaging of rates of expression.

The problem is that the continuity does not line up well. If they wanted to make it look so radically different, all they needed to do was set it in a different time frame that made more sense.

Oh my god I don't care about birth rates, talk about something more interesting like the 2:1 aspect ratio, shit Saru's hooves are a more interesting topic.

if the original star trek was made today, it would look like discovery

You are aware that redheads are already dying out?

You are aware that that's popscience bullshit for clickbait articles that's recycled every few years? This is "people only use 10% of their brains" tier bullshit.

Let's be honest for a moment, this series exists only because JJ Trek made the franchise marketable again. All the decision stems from it
>looks more like movie trek
>prequel so people that never cared before don't have to worry about all the previous baggage from the other series
>perfect entry point

>looks more like movie trek
I mean there was no way for it to go any other way. They're not gonna make it look like ToS these days.

first JJ movie did it right
it felt newer but the uniforms still looked like star trek

We all know the plot of Abrams Trek must always have a bad guy who's out for revenge, so who's the bad guy (or gal!) in Discovery and what does he (or she!) want revenge for?

youtube.com/watch?v=02LgdXVkXgM

A genderqueer vulcankin. Xhe was misgendered by the captain in xher academy days and wants revenge for the resulting trauma.

Did you know Trek has a canon genderqueer species and they are amazing and they want to ask you about your sexual organs?

You know what I get so tired of, moreso than the forced diversity shit, is you fucking people losing your minds over it day after fucking day.
>inb4 hipster_disguised_as_alt_right.jpg

It was just a joke. I-I'm sorry...

To be fair, someone has to be complaining. It's kinda shitty when you're a fan of something and you just wanna go: "Hey writers go all out and just write the best sci-fi stories you can imagine!" and then instead of that, there are other people saying: "well, FIRST put in this black woman and this trans girl and and make sure the crew is mostly women and blacks and then maybe try to make a good story I don't care I don't watch this shit"

As punishment for this offense you must tell us about your sexual organs.

>trans girl
Where?
>mostly [...] blacks
Where?

You're seeing things that aren't there.