Where the FUCK is the Dunkirk thread you faggots?

Where the FUCK is the Dunkirk thread you faggots?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY
youtu.be/cN3yrJP24-I
youtu.be/4mjAPF4kU4o
youtube.com/watch?v=k5OcHE6-8NM
youtube.com/watch?v=fKC4B60OwaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here

better than Saving Private Ryan

worse than saving Private Ryan. Literally say nothing about the french resistance army.

>french
>relevant
fuck off pierre

Great visuals
Great noise
No content

youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY

For you britcuck

youtu.be/cN3yrJP24-I

Literally the summary of every Nolan movie.

BTFO
How will nolan ever recover

started a thread about this but no replies. it's a long article but it BTFOs nolan.

>a bizarre set of events garnished with grating sentimentality
>What’s mainly happening, however, is that lots of soldiers are waiting around. Escapades, not altogether convincing, are therefore contrived for a few of them
>Film-makers usually instil interest in their protagonists by giving them backstories and meaningful dialogue, thereby creating characters who can be engaged in drama. In Dunkirk, these things don’t happen.
>in spite of his film’s $150m budget, the Royal Air Force seems to consist of three Spitfires
>at least I now understand why I didn’t get it: there was nothing to get

people are just mad hat Nolan finally made a good film (his first in over a decade)

The masses will call this a boring empty mess wih no characters (normies are notoriously obsessed with characters and plot) but this movie is a masterful visual experience.

War doesn't have characters, just faceless soldiers

normally this would be obvious bait, but with nolanfags you can never be sure.

>Nolan finally made a good film
Inception and The dark knight are better than this.

>masterful visual experience
pfahahaha

>defense of dunkirk is the only thing the french army did in 1940
>not even aknowledge in a movie about the defense of dunkirk

Just watched. Top fucking tier.

Is Dunkino the ultimate pleb filter?

The guys on the civilian boat were the only interesting characters.
Branagh had a couple good lines.
Bane taking off mask was a letdown.

The royal airforce was mainly grounded as they wanted a) to save as much as they could for later and b) it was shit weather at Dunkirk, which also prevented most of the German planes from bombing the brits efficiently.

>i need backstory and drama

Fucking women, I swear to God.
Nolan gives us the best kino of 2017, and women (surprise, surprise) don't understand it.

you probably didnt watch the movie because the french are mentioned multipul times

So according to you, we should have had a 6 hour long movie where we see all 3500 sorties (over two weeks, mind you)?

The opening sequence starts with "1 week, one day, one hour" and the movies end with something along the lines of "these were just some of the stories of Dunkirk", so we get to see three planes and their hour long mission over Dunkirk, it makes perfect sense.

And yes, Nolan is correct, using CGI is essentially the same as the audience playing "make believe" and pretending that the ocean is full of destroyers.

>Help ahm fallin down the stair, guv! Cor blimey ahm dead as the doornail ain't I?!

>using CGI is giving up
>gives up trying to make things look up to scale

What the fuck is this obsession with backstories and "meaningful dialogue"? Every single thing anypne says in the movie is important and moves the plot and story, fuck, only the soldiers don't get a backstory, Rylance and George and his son all get one.

Were people really expecting something like SPR where soldiers literally have time to stand around and trade life stories while waiting for an attack? I mean, that's the whole point, they were always so shitty in Dunkirk they dodn't have the time or need to fucking talk about whatever.

>French
>capable of defending anything
LOL

that's according to that guy. according to me movies need characters you care about.

nolan is a fucking hack. kubrick comparisons are fucking laughable.

>boring
I don't see how people can possibly say that. It had constant tension right through the movie.

because >muh dialogue

At least they tried their best

+visuals and sounds were godly
+harry styles was surprisingly good
+that fucking tension
+no SJW bullshit
+the practical effects stuff really makes a difference

-needed a higher age rating for a bit more violence/blood
-soundtrack was basic and repetitive
-kid dying was pretty fucking pointless

Just saw a bootleg copy of this movie
Doesn't change the fact it's not very good

spoilers: redpilled movie that culminates with msm propaganda at work. one of the brits kills a kid (he's on the civ yacht/boat pressed into service by the royal navy) because he's too scared to go back and face the enemy

Honestly just watch an Oats Studio short, they're 100X better than this. Wait for a good blu-ray rip, you're not missing anything

>uses the term 'redpilled' to describe a movie
You do realise your opinion is worthless?

How else would you describe the depiction/exposure of blatant propaganda shown to a mass audience.. in an abridged way?

I went with "redpilled" just to keep it short. I guess I could've just said: "it exposes propaganda" but it's already said and done

>World War 2 Propaganda in 2017
You're over thinking this

>not even aknowledge in a movie about the defense of dunkirk

It's a movie about the evacuation of Dunkirk though.

S O L I D M O V I E

>Bane taking off mask
Did he die?

idgi why were the bongs allowed to have guns? Why weren't they using deadly assault spoons?

Dunkirk is decent at best. The people calling this a pleb filter or a masterpiece are the same people who love Zach Snyder and whose favorite movies include American Psycho and Fight Club. Dunkirk, though better than most of Nolan's other films, is entry level at best.

so what happened after Farrier was captured?

cut to Bane transformation?

ur mouth can filter my cum in ur mom's puss

got home from the movie with brother, talk to gran about it.
>her father was at dunkirk
>evacuated in destroyer
>btfo by nazis
>escaped ship barely in pitch black just like the movie
>floating in the water for ages all alone
>was only found because his wife bought him a new watch before the watch that illuminates
>gets rescued
same shit happened again near the end of the war but that was in russia

im with this guy

also, giving the soldiers no backstory and not showing much conversations, but rather following them as they quietly observe and survive really helpes to imagen oneself in their shoes instead of just relating to them

for me this movie was like going to war and i felt like having slight ptsd when it ended.

no other war movie has done that for me ever

>it's an experience!!!
fuckin hell

not sure if you're serious or not but i def ment what i said

It retreated

Bump

youtu.be/4mjAPF4kU4o

Maybe getting caught was part of his plan

made it about 45 seconds into the video.... had to close the tab

so what did she bring to the table that other youtube """""critics"""""" haven't already mentioned?

She basically spends the first half of the review bitching about the "dishonest" portrayal of british troops.

That British soldiers were fine upstanding, award-winning soldiers that would never act selfishly towards their own countrymen

>The guys on the civilian boat were the only interesting characters.
In which we get the boy who crowds the boat then dies from a little stumble like some glass faggot.
Nolan starts a few interesting dramatic arcs then seemingly purposely fizzles them. The suspense moments similarly start off very well done but end up hollow.
Drives me crazy how he is such a swirl of genius and shit.

>little stumble

He fell down a flight of stairs and BASHED his head on a fucking metal pipe

Construction workers hit their head with less effort than that on metal objects and spend the rest of their lives disabled

Reminder that Nolan is a literal cuck.
He has admitted numerous times that he is a cuckold and enjoys watching his wife have sex with niggers.

kill yourself

>ain't I?
>not innit
you are a disgrace my lad

you go first

The dark knight is garbage though. The dark knight rises, thats a different story

I'd rather find out where you live first and come beat your ass for being a retard on the internet.

I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who will watch Dunkirk first time when the torrent is out. I can't imagine someone experiencing the same thing when that first Stuka beach attack comes in if you watch it on your computer. The cinema experience is worth it for the sound alone.
That first shot when the brit is drinking water visibly startled the entire theatre where I was, every single shot in the film had weight to it. One of the better cinema experiences of recent times.

this.
the roar of the airplanes was frightening

>tfw $6,000 home theater system with a 65 inch HDR TV

>still going to be nowhere near enough as watching Dunkirk in the cinema

I'd like to see your faggy fat ass get out of the house

My broher, who is as normie as you can be, found it boring and meaningless.

>muh sound effects
The state of the average movie goer

Tom Hardy's performance was brilliant considering most of what we see of him is just one eye.

It was a great movie.

more like
the state of sad user who's IMAX is the shit standard size one and he can't afford a ticket anyway

is Sup Forums really like this?

t. plot driven surface-level filthy casual tourist crossposter

>regularly accused of being a crypto-fascist
>literally less than a handful of black characters in his entire filmography
>"I know, THIS is the director we should call a cuck"

pic related was better desu

did anyone else notice how most of the military men had exaggerated blue eyes? Probably to match the sea and all, but if there are lunatics complaining about how there were no People of Colour™ I wonder how they feel about there not even being any brown eyes.

blue eyes are aesthetic as fuck too

And Belmondo >>>> Hardy

youtube.com/watch?v=k5OcHE6-8NM

>Captain asking a Sergeant if he can read a map
No wonder the French lost so badly.

>"Alas,I have become The Dunkirk"

>tfw no full-size film IMAX in my town
In fact only digital IMAX in my whole country

>garbage
Stop using words you don't know the meaning of.

youtube.com/watch?v=fKC4B60OwaU

The French have a far better war record than you Americucks.

he can tho

awesome atmosphere right there

Yes, but the fact that the Captain has to ask implies that reading a map isn't a skill every single Sergeant possesses. Rumbles the thinker.

Dunkirk > Interstellar > Inception > All three dark knight movies > The Prestige > Memento

The way he says it is idiomatic.
That's his way of asking.
French people are talkative.
And you're indeed overthinking this.

It was not that entertaining to watch. It is probably those movies that you enjoy to see and experience, but will rarely ever want to go back and watch it again for the sake of enjoyment/entertainment. It is utterly boring but it IS pretty cool to look at and experience. Don't get me wrong, it is not exactly a bad movie, just not a movie that is set to entertain people who wants to relax.

Dunkirk?

More like DUN KINO!

AM I RIGHT DUDES? KINO!

RAF?

>The way he says it is idiomatic.
No it's not.
>That's his way of asking.
He asked "where?", that's all he should have had to ask.
>French people are talkative.
Not in the military.
>And you're indeed overthinking this.
Not really, I was just making a joke because that question is out of place.

No, but it was extremely painful

Is Dunkirk the 2001 of WW2?

t. never met a french guy

>489135
>he ca
It's strange that you'd know French, but then don't realize that it's a cue for him to show it on the map.

It's how the French talk sometimes: rethorical questin -> order.