WTF I hate churches now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0C3mzu1w6is
youtube.com/watch?v=NANrihEaSFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just for those who don't know, because this does seem like a genuinely good idea.

If taxed, churches could then lobby

Souds great!

Plus when you add in all the extra from synagogues and mosques

oh wait..........

>Churches which are loaded with women preaching the feminist religion that is christianity

>Lobbying

No thank you

except american tax dorras goes towards funding other shit

Like politicians don't get lobbied by their church at every opportunity.

This is a shit argument, which church you run father?

>The government should take even more money from people! That will solve poverty! I hasn't before, but this time's the charm, I can feel it!

I'm an atheist anti theist fedorable faggo t but realize these arguments are stupid

>Separation of church and state in politics also means their separation in finances

>Churches also operate charities

>Taxes are already taken on the individual level as income tax. Anyone can form a non profit group of some sort that takes donations. No new wealth has been created, thus no wealth to tax, money has simply transverse hands into a pooled account after it has been taxed.

>If taxation of churches exists and is legally recognized at 1% it can staturorily be taxed at any percentage. Religion for all its faults is and was a bulwark against state consolidation of power and this would threaten that.

By this logic, so can Mosques, Synagogues, and the church of scientology.

>you should tax an idea
>you should make a bigger welfare state
lol

If the poor got jobs and we killed the homeless then churches wouldnt have to pay taxes
checkmate op

They already do

Case in point, Utah is basically at the whim of the Mormon cult.

Because Mormons are insanely wealthy and successful.

It's a shame Yellowstone didn't blow the other day and take those fuckers out.

Man I just watched Cops, an episode in salt lake city, the Mormons don't control everything, drink more fluoride water

Not all Churches have enough money to do that. My own Church is a shoestring budget.

They don't control every single thing no, but state legislation is heavily under their influence. It's fucking ridiculous when legislators vote based on their wants and beliefs of their particular religion.

Mormons are nice, helpful people, why are you hating so hard on them holy shit?

they do just that you retard.

>jesus violently destroyed jews tables and threw them and their bodies into the street
>feminist religion

propaganda worked on ya

"People representing themselves and the majority of their area in the legislation? No way!"

>tax churches
>churches close
>not enough tax income to feed 400 lb shaniqua.

Because I'm an exmormon that realized it was a sham and got out. The niceness is a facade. It isn't so nice on the inside, especially if you like to ask questions.

A mass of individuals with common ideas asserting those ideas through the ballot box is not the same as the LDS paying off politicians to ban coffee and booze.

oh no, not the mormons

with their incredibly high crime rates

abundance of single parent families

That's fucking retarded

Aside from a few megachurches and catholic churches, the vast majority of churches are run on a shoestring budget funded entirely by tithes from poor people. Most of those churches would close if taxed and the actual bill after a few years would be so negligible everyone would wonder why we did it in the first place, and millions of people would be pissed off.

You don't understand the difference between appeals and votes of private individuals, and those of entire institutions.

If the entire RCC were to put their weight against issues discussed in congress, you would feel it.

And their mistreatment of women

Their repression of youth sexuality

Their rapist pedophile founder

Their doctrines thar lead family members to cut off anyone who leaves.

Their teachings to pay money to the corporate church before paying for your bills or feeding your family because 'blessings'

Yeah, real great.

Listen to

It's literally the fakest niceness in existence. They push down all their human nature but it comes out in other ways.

moved to SLC recently from chicago. i feel like i'm in an alternate universe.

illinois = go wild, just make sure we get a cut

utah = die you heathen

LDS state politicians are so cucked they dont even need to get paid. They see it as a godly duty to follow the commands of the prophet :^)

Its a perfect example of a pyramid scheme gone right.

I feel ya, it's why I moved 1500 miles away to Minneapolis after I left the church.

How do you stop a Mormon from drinking all your liquor?

Invite another Mormon

>And their mistreatment of women
>Their repression of youth sexuality
Degenerate

"Other ways" I always see them living like perfect Americans, they're always doing charity work, what are you people talking about?

>The government just needs to be given more money to end

Kill yourself faggot

Especially when you consider the billions in tithing rolling in. Have to pay to be worthy to attend the temple and get the high ordinances to get into the celestial Kingdom and become a god.

Ironic that salvation is locked behind a tax, considering christ himself tossed money changers out of the temple.

>mistreatment of women
If they were really mistreated they would speak out, right? This seems like the common liberal agenda of deciding what is offensive for other people

>repression of youth sexuality
Less teen pregnancies and less stds. I would imagine less teen drama as well

Oh how terrible it is to want people to be raised in environments where they aren't shamed for being a woman, or constantly sat down alone with a 60 year old man to describe your masturbate sins. I'm the degenerate? Lmfao no. The church sending children, girla and boys, to talk about their fap sessions alone with a layman bishop is degenerate. Especially considering the amount of grooming and abuse that occurs. Go fuck yourself.

I dated a mormon chick, trust me I know all about that shit.

She could never buy anything because she always had to tithe her shit and her parents forced her to save the rest. Dad was a bishop, now a stake prez. I tried to break the brainwashing but it didnt work.

You see the facade.

Think of all the assholish things you do on a daily basis. All the times you are angry, agitated, annoyed, whatever else. Then imagine you not only had to hold all that shit in on a daily basis, but actively act in the exact opposite way you felt, even in the very moment whatever happenens that causes those emotions happens.

Do that then see how you act in private when the facade doesn't need to be up anymore. When you think or know nobody is watching and judging.

It has to be a miserable way to live. These people bottle up all their emotions constantly in public, and the real bad shit happens away from prying eyes.

utah ---> midwest

you're doing it wrong, son. fuck midwest winters. i lived in chicagoland and i'm never living there again. winters there FUCKING SUCK.

Funny you should say that, they do speak out for themselves. There's a while group called Ordain Women trying to get the church to change its ways. This isn't just some liberal 'deciding who is offended'. The women themselves are.

As for the repression, it sets up relationships down the road for failure. There is a real divorce problem due to younger and women knowing literally jack shit abouy sex going into a marriage and having their intimacy suffer greatly because of it. Young women in the church basically get taught their virtue is their worth. If they lose it they are whores, they are worthless. That kind of treatment isn't always easily broken, sometimes lasting into marriages where the women are scared and ashamed of intimacy. It really fucks with you.

>And their mistreatment of women
>Their repression of youth sexuality
>Their teachings to pay money to the corporate church before paying for your bills or feeding your family because 'blessings'
Elaborate.

See, I love the cold. Minnesota winters are my jam. I was raised in Iowa so this is where I'm comfiest.

See

Also

>mistreatment of women
Basically islam without being veiled, except in the temple, where they're veiled. Women must be subservient to their husbands. Their whole purpose in life is to get married and make babies for more tithing $$$ and membership numbers. They are separated from the men at like every opportunity and the temple ceremony basically treats them as an object.
>repression of youth sexuality
Lol I cant imagine you wanting to talk to some random 40+ year old man at 12, boy or girl, if you masturbate or if youre having any sexual urges at all, and go into detail about them so you can 'repent'. Masturbation, premartial sex, fingering, oral, any of it is a sin paramount to murder in the mormon faith.
>tithing
Yeah there are church articles saying "pay your tithing first and god will bless you with food and you wont have to worry about anything" every mormon family is required every year to sit down with their bishop who goes over their tithing statement to make sure theyre paying their 10%. Thats right, mormon bishops know the annual income of every mormon family in their ward. Theyre basically the jesus irs/gestapo.

Out of all the books in the bible (66) there is only one (Ester) about a woman.
In many parts of the bible men are spoken of as superior to women. No book in the bible was written by a woman. I don't see how it is "feminist"

Also I second that taxing churches is a bad idea. I see churches with "for sale" signs all the time nowadays. With taxes many churches would close.
And no churches = out pour of degeneracy

I do wish their was a way churches where accountable for their donations. My church pays the pastor and he literally lives in a beautiful 500,000$ house in Philadelphia. The house itself belongs to the church. The pastor has been reassigned to a branch in Houston, TX and there is a new mansion waiting for him and his family. Meanwhile our church is literally falling apart.
The people of my church take the offering really seriously and really do give 10% of what they earn. It's truly a mystery where all the money goes. That's something that really irks me about churches.

They never say Tax Mosque's as well, i guess that would be racist?

Thanks for typing that up user, writing it all out on a phone is a pain in the ass.

100% confirm the same experiences for those questions for me as what you answered. Mormons are messed up.

how did you become a mormon if you were "raised" in iowa?

Religious leaders are already all over the place, they're always meeting with Congress and local leaders.

This is just a lie, but it is also the second "force churches to pay taxes" thread today.

Mormonism is a global church retard. They aren't just in Utah.

>revoke tax exempt status from churches
>churches can now directly lobby/support politicians because tax exempt organizations cannot legally do that

Do liberals even think?

>found the mormon

Look how great SLC is now

Mormons are ignorant of the trouble altruism brings, just like any Catholic or Christian

SLC has so many blacks, Mexican, and Samoans, the city's crime rate is four times the national average, they still bring them in

www.neighborhoodscout.com/ut/salt-lake-city/crime/

Did you ever expect to hear of Bloods and Crips in Utah?

youtube.com/watch?v=0C3mzu1w6is

youtube.com/watch?v=NANrihEaSFo

worth it desu. american democracy is already as corrupt as it could get. we need the money. also fuck churches.

What exactly is stopping religious leaders from lobbying already? Again, they're already at Congress all the time, meeting with local leaders, and around the community.

Lol no, I'm the exmormon that has been posting all this stuff against that cult. It's just sad how uninformed people trying to prove mormonism is 'fine' are.

Mormons aren't just in Utah, that's just where their HQ is. They have a hundred something temples all over the world and organized congregations in most countries. Hell, there's a temple here in Minneapolis where I live now.

>SLC has so many blacks, Mexican, and Samoans, the city's crime rate is four times the national average, they still bring them in

>literally fucking nothing compared to chicago. spotting a black is an hourly concurrence at worst. i can handle that.

Unsure if you are only talking about mormons or Christianity as a whole...but not all followers of Christ believe and follow what you wrote.

Not all churches practice confession. Some Christian churches have women pastors and leaders. I've been to some churches that have literally made donating money optional. That particular pastor grew up in extreme poverty and in his village people didn't go to church because they couldn't afford to pay the tith. He didn't want to make church about money so he didn't include that part in his church service.

While there are many negatives to Christianity. There are many positives as well and its unfortunate you only choose to mention the negatives.

if black people got jobs

it would pay for all the black people in the united states

/thread

archaic, need sto change

Individuals can lobby, but tax-exempt organizations cannot. So, for instance, some asshole who is a member of the Westboro Baptist Church can lobby but the Westboro Baptist Church as an organization cannot lobby.

Not to mention the homeless problem in Utah. Bums flock there because Mormons are easy to get money from as they try to look charitable.

He's talking about Mormons specifically, as am I in my comments.

>did a Mormon aka Moron
call someone retard?

or I this someone educating user. that Moronism is widespread?

free life lesson:
>it's all relative

mormons don't even register on the Magical Sky Wizard Scale anywhere outside of utah.

This is an exmormon educating user that mormons aren't confined to Utah.

They barely register on the global chart of Christianity members. They claim 14 million members but actually active ones are closer to 3-4 million. So much for the 'one true church' with a fraction of the population.

>but they are

i doubt the EX part of your mormon claim.

or you're a fucking idiot.

As a salt lake city resident, the street that just got named after a the faggot Harvey Milk I disagree with you. If someone tried to name a street after a church leader it would be BTFO in seconds.

I don't disagree with his statements then. It's unfortunate Mormon beliefs have been spreading (even internationally).

> Churches pay taxes
> Churches can now finance and endorse political candidates

Fucking retards who come up with this shit.

>Lol I cant imagine you wanting to talk to some random 40+ year old man at 12, boy or girl, if you masturbate or if youre having any sexual urges at all, and go into detail about them so you can 'repent'
Catholicism has confession and it isn't a big deal; you don't need to go into details of shit.

>Have to pay to be worthy to attend the temple and get the high ordinances to get into the celestial Kingdom and become a god.
But this sounds pretty surreal.
Mormonism doesn't even sound remotely like Christianity.

user, go educate yourself and look up Mormon Temples. They're all over. There's one here in Minneapolis, there is one a few hours from my hometown in Illinois. There was one in South Korea where I did my mission service bullshit ten years ago. I haven't stepped foot in a chapel since 2009.

Church's do more real Charity then most NGO's.
Most church's publish accounts if you actually go to church meetings. Your story is odd, most pastor houses are modest.

The growth rate is slowing thankfully, especially with the influx of people realizing it is a sham and leaving. Access to information is not kind to a cult.

>tfw when from UT and started a "gang" my younger brothers and his friends ran with until it was recognized by law enforcement and the local newspaper as a street gang

Heber City Youth Militia is what I started, kids have it tattooed on their heads and shit. But then they took it to far and started acting like a gang; only primarily straight edge, and ended up starting shit with tongans from out of town - also know as the TCG or Tongan Crip Gang.

A car of them showed up to fight at a park and about 60 kids destroyed their car with them in it including smashing all the windows, jumping on the hood.

Once I found out the kind of shit they were doing; like standing in parking lots wearing jerseys looking like thugs, I told them they had to stop.

My favorite set of the TCG? Baby regulators, I think that name is so funny.

This may be true , but Mormons have grown significantly in numbers and if trends continue may dominate the Christian religion as a whole in the future. According to "U.S. News & World Report," which reports that if present trends continue there could be 265 million members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS) worldwide by 2080.

R A R E
A
R
E

>RELATIVE
>REL,ATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE6
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE3
>RELATIVE
>REL.ATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE
>RELAT.IVE
>RELATIVE
>RELATIVE1
>RELATIVE

Some mormon bishops do make you go into detail. There are cases of some doing this to the young women for lurid purposes.

>They don't seem Christian

Despite them talking about him, I'd hardly consider them it based on their actions. I have far more respect for your run of the mill Lutherans catholics Presbyterians and other sects than Mormons.

Churches levying their political power? Oh, how subversive and unlike the current state of affairs.

>hate churches
>NOW

wow... you burgers really a reared on Kardashian cakes and McRetardation

>hometown in Illinois

which town? there are a shitload of hometowns in illinoiS

Thankfully growth is slowing thanks to the internet. The current generation isn't standing for some of the teachings. I doubt the Mormon church will ever get anywhere near those numbers. Too many already either know them and don't like them or know them and aren't interested.

West Valley is the containment area for these kind of people just stay on the east side and you are fine.

two of the reasons i left the church at 14; my bishop told me it was ok to masturbate as long as I don't have bad thoughts.

I had to do baptism for the dead on my birthday at 14 and I didn't like that shit, I got pissed at my mom for making me go. You are literally in a crazy baptismal font that sits on top of a bunch of cows in a creepy ass Temple why they baptize you in the name of dead native americans; the whole experience pushed me out of the church. I told my mom she brainwashed me as a child to go and believe and she cried but my dad had always told me Joseph Smith was full of shit.

Should've put a comma in there. The temple is in Illinois, Nauvoo to be precise. A few hours from my hometown. Cedar Rapids IA.

2500 east here senpai; I like to go to the west side for the swap meets in the summer to buy stolen property

Come to me my child

jesus christ. we have a no limit nigga among us utah fags.

don't come to utah looking for trouble, user. a stormin mormon might make you regret what you wished for.

>if the US cut back in it's ludicrous military spending it would pay for a lot of shit too

Really makes your brain do the thing

Ex-Mormon...
doing the lord's work, well done.

they have great family values, just need to drop the fiction-book and grab a bible.