This will be the first Marvel-lite movie, not JL

This will be the first Marvel-lite movie, not JL.
>Director is a literally who.
>Writer is known for soap operas and comedies.
>The movie's plot isn't theirs but a producer.
Why no one is complaining?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/05/14/box-office-captain-america-civil-war-drops-74-still-tops-800m-worldwide/#5d262afb2698
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everyone complains about all of that, but we've already accepted that the movie will be shit.

Because a Snyder-lite formula doesn't seem to be working.

They're too busy bitching about Gal Gadot being skinny.

Thus far, DC movies have all been shit, so Marvel-lite would most likely be preferable.

>literal who
>can look up the writer but not patty jenks
Try harder.

But they tried that already and it sucked so badly they had to reboot

Damned if they do, damned if they don't I guess.

Bitch got no gains!
This isn't a laughing matter, this is seriously wrong shit!

Literally the only movie Patty Jenkins has ever made.
If you're excited at all about Wonder Woman, you're just taking part in the next cycle of the collective DC movie amnesia.

>"Snyder is an infantile man mentally stuck in his adolescence, but Man of Steel could still be good, the trailer is great and it looks like it's giving Superman the Batman Begins treatment"
>"Man of Steel was shit but BvS could still be good, the trailer was great and it looks genuinely deep"
>"MoS and BvS were shit but Suicide Squad could still be good, the trailer was great, the tone seems unique and David Ayer is great"
------YOU ARE HERE------
>"MoS, BvS and SS were shit but Wonder Woman could still be good, the trailer was great, it's the first comic movie in either cinematic universe with a woman lead, and Patty Jenkins made that one movie 13 years ago"
>"MoS, BvS, SS and WW were shit, but Justice League could still be good, the trailer was great, it's got mad quips and also Aquaman and Cyborg I guess"

>MoS: not muh Donner Supes
>BvS: where's muh quips?
>SS: muh soggy knees
what will the the silly complain that will give WW a 20% something rotten score?

Makes light of WW1, I can't enjoy the movie because I can't treat the death of Prussians as entertainment

Ah, but the rest of us can.

DCucks crying about ratings.

It'll smash hit with women, who drag their boyfriends (read:not you) to see it. It's gonna have a sequel that sets up more of their cinematic universe (to sell toys and underwear).

Comic book nerds were just the beginning user, but now it's appealing to the general public so they go where the money is.

You think DC owes you anything? You think they care about you?

>Movies are meant to be fun! Why is this so dark?!

Suicide Squad was already their first "Marvel-lite" movie OP.

but SS isnt shit

well, duh. "Shit" is at least 7.1 on imdb. SS is worse.

She really needs to put some mass
wonderwoman isn't skinny slut, she is a fucking amazon warrior ffs.

this is the problem with DC movies.

Everybody has their idea of what these characters should be, while nobody gave a fuck about Iron Man, Cap, or the Guardians before the movie.

Sup Forums it will be feminism or something about wonder woman being a mary sue

sjw will talk about how its not diverse enough or that wonder women was saved by a man or something

They are already butthurt about black people not being in it.

>a DC movie is not lookimg that great
Not exactly news.

That's a legit complaint though, Hippolyta's gf is black and usually trains Diana in modern stuff.

This is true. Nobody has whined about Flag being a guy who is just following his dick in regards to Enchantress in Suicide Squad but everybody is crying about Deadshot not being 110% carbon copy of the comic version and how Waller is too cold blooded.

>s-surely this DC movie won't bomb this time right DCbros?

Actually this is a lie and an excuse for making bad movies when the animated adaptations of these characters and the Nolan movies have mostly succeeded.

Cartoons have to be so sanitized and dumbed down that they rarely fail to "get" the characters and you have very little expectations when it comes to cartoons anyway.

Sure, keep making excuses. If that shit were true the Burton Batman movies would have failed because they weren't like the Adam West show. Same with Smallville that went on for 10 fucking years and the Lois and Clark TV series.

>the director of the Wonder Woman movie is going to be a woman
Wellp, this really is a mess.

JL/JLU was anything but dumbed down, it featured actually well written scripts that didn't insult the audience's intelligence and even touched upon some insightful themes like government paranoia and superheroes having too much control.

DC's movies have yet to bomb at the box office.

>80% drop

>there are people who like Chris better than Chris

I'm surprised SS has done as well as it has wit no China bucks

Maybe they could just make good movies?

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/05/14/box-office-captain-america-civil-war-drops-74-still-tops-800m-worldwide/#5d262afb2698

>74% drop

Holy kek, Marlel is finished.

user, don't be ridiculous.

90+ score on Rotten Tomatoes because every piece of shit with female protagonists gets a positive score these days.

You have to instantly knock off a chunk because its a DC movie.

>80% drop domestic.
Means shit when oversea is only going to watch SS.

Doesn't stop Supergirl from having a high rating despite being godawful, although that's a show not a movie.

>>Director is a literally who
The director is an issue of ethics in video game reviewing?

no one care, previous movies were a flop, this one will be too, also wonder woman has been really femnazi since years, no one gives a fuck about her anymore.

>I don't care about facts
>All I care about is my preexisting biases

wewlad

Supergirl gets pretty good after its first few episodes though.

It's better than Flash anyway.

Well there's Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman, but clearly "good movies" isn't what today's audience and critics want!

I'm unfamiliar with this particular usage of the word "good".

>Snyder is living the dream, making great comic book movies
>Man of Steel trailers look good, maybe the movie will be too?
>Man of Steel was great, maybe Batman v. Superman will also be great
>Batman v. Superman was great, but Snyder isn't directing Suicide Squad; maybe it will be good regardless

---You are Here---
>Looks like Suicide Squad was a mediocre movie, but normies seemed to like it, maybe they will also enjoy Wonder Woman
>After critics found another ridiculous reason to hate Wonder Woman, fans showed their appreciation for the movies and it made boatloads of money, leading up to the hype for Justice League

Hippolyta has jungle fever though. Its a crime neither Philippus or their baby Nibia isnt in it. I will only accept if if they are apart of the other amazon tribe.

Well the way I use it might be a bit different than how other people use it due to my high standards. For me, it means "of the highest quality." Sorry if that confused you.

>user 85487767: Portrait of a Delusional Shill

Gadot looks fine

Because nobody cares about DCDU Wonder Woman.

This is quite literally sucking Snyder's dick

Cat Grant is best superhero dad
the Kara powerless episode was better than anything on Flash

>Comic movies are meant to be fun
FTFY. Critics seem to think if it's a comic book you're not allowed to take it seriously.

>But they tried that already and it sucked so badly they had to reboot
Nope, GL had the same problem as BvS in that it has too much story to rush through. Parallax should not be the enemy.

Fucking normie

Trump gets elected and suddenly sjws dissapear.

I stopped caring.

only plebs complain about shit like that

Maybe a literal who but Jenkins is a good director

Patty Jenkins first film was critically acclaimed and Charlize Theron won an Oscar for her performance in it. The fact that she hasn't made a theatrical film since says more about Hollywood's deeply ingrained sexism than anything else. Just ask Rachel Talalay or Lexi Alexander how it goes - you work your butt off to get a feature film in the can, then you're sent off for a life sentence in movie jail for any reason the studios can think of, and you beg to get an in with the television directing world to pay the bills. Meanwhile, guys like Roland Emmerich keep getting wads of cash handed to them to churn out spectacular bomb after spectacular bomb.

>deeply ingrained sexism

Abandon thread, tumblr has arrived!

>Why no one is complaining?
Because it might be the first DCEU movie that doesn't make me hate DC characters or want to kill myself?

One of my favorite parts of this board is people looking for even the slightest reason why Marvel's doom is always just around the corner. Every single movie that is even slightly dangerous (Avengers, GotG. Ant-Man) or which doesn't perform historically well IS A HUGE FLOP AND WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF MARVEL STUDIOS YOU GUYS

Why would believe that?

Man of Steel would have been a lot better if they rewrote Pa Kent and changed the ending scene. Other than those two bits the movie was good.

Gal Gadot is pro-IDF

Well duh. Patria o muerte

Wikipedia poster lol

>fired employee FREAKS OUT

And people say the media isn't bias against wb/DC movies.