Batman trilogy without the origin story. how would you do it

Court of Owls
Under The Red Hood
Endgame

It's what the kids are into these days.

Long Halloween
Hush
The Killing Joke

First movie would play out a bit like Gotham Central where Batman is only in the background. It would be like that for about half the movie. Then maybe do Dick Grayson's origin and have the movie mainly follow him. Not sure who the big bad would be.

Begin with the birth of Two Face and The Joker as The Batman tries to take down the Gotham Mob. Ends with the death of traditional crime, rise of super crime as symbolized by the two and maybe Oswald Cobblepot. Almost essentially a noir esque, Long Halloween adaptation.

Second movie focuses on the introduction of Robin. After the events of the first movie, Bruce Wayne questions his war on crime in Gotham. A chance encounter with a soon-to-be fellow orphan changes his opinion. Batman lightens up. Introduce villains such as The Riddler, Catwoman and Harley Quinn to lighten the mood of the film. Batgirl tries to get in on some action. The Riddler will however, work on a serum with the Joker to create Killer Croc that'll put Dick out of commission. Bruce questions the wisdom of putting a kid out on the streets. Movie ends on a... Cliffhanger?

Third movie: Dick recovers, but is fired by Batman who has become withdrawn and cold as he exhausts himself fighting crime by himself. Dick, being a ward, is now held in Wayne Manor under house arrest with Waynetech security keeping him from leaving. Batman puts himself under increasing levels of danger as Riddler, Joker, Penguin, Poison Ivy and Two-Face conspire to drive him insane and possibly, dead. Scarecrow is enlisted, and a controversial, polarizing delirium scene ensues. Clarke Kent gets posted to Gotham to help his girlfriend cover Bat vigilante story. Confronts Batman multiple times. Solomon Grundy and Croc are put forth to challenge the Bat. At this point, Dick hacks the Waynetech security, saves an exhausted Batman's hide, while Superman takes care of the two. Batman then with the help of Robin and Superman foil the Rogues master plan of doing some McGuffin to the citizens of Gotham. Batman realizes he needs friends to keep him alive and sane.

Segue into dawn of the Justice League.

Frankenstein year one and The long halloween together with a superman cameo in the beggining

Fuse knightfall and The dark knight returns

Thats it. Theres too many good batman stories i can only pick my personal favorites since i believe i could do them justice

Also its in the bruce tim art style

Rumor has it it may take place in Arkham and focus on his relationship with his villains. I would love something similar that episode of BTAS where they held a trial of Batman in Arkham

matt damon hush would be funny

The Black Glove
Knightfall
Dickbats and Robin

Long Halloween, except the ending its hinted that Bruce Wayne may be the culprit

Second movie has Bruce Wayne being a fugitive, the GCPD is the protagonist here and Batman takes more of a background role, the audience is shown the city and crime through the police and we see hints that there are actually two batmans and a secret organization set out to destroy Batman

Third movie could be a weird mix of Hush and R.I.P with Dr.Hurt being a close person to Bruce that now seeks to destroy him OR the movie could just be DKR, Bruce has lived on the run for years and alone, waging a war on crime and now he's looking for revenge as he raises his army of disgruntled youth in order to take over the city and free it from the criminal underground.

As disappointing as some aspects of all three of those arcs are, I think there's some solid story beats and each film could be unique in both style and tone.

>Court of Owls
Secret societies, Bruce Wayne's wealth and status in Gotham, lots of mindfuckery. The Talon's overwhelming numbers and abilities lets you have an excuse for exposition on Batman's resources and network for later films too. Just change the big bad at the end and avoid the dud of a twist.

>Under The Red Hood
Fantastic choice for a movie. It's got your gangs with Black Mask, your Al Ghuls, your Joker, your Jason Todd and Batman's personal guilt. It can also feed into the final film and set up Joker.

>Endgame
Joker finally decides to put all his chips on the table. Make this more of a take on Snyder's Joker rather than an adaptation of a storyline. We really haven't seen a ruthless, all out Joker in film that is going after Batman personally. You can use the Endgame virus or the Death of the Family story beats but it needs to be built up as this extremely spiteful and ruthless attack by Joker. Push the borderlines for an R-Rating if necessary.

I'm not sure if I'd want Matt Damon as Thomas Elliot,Guy Gardner, or Eric O'Grady

I'd pull more from Death of the Family. While the conclusion I disliked, I thought the whole Bat-Family dynamic and fear of Joker knows who they are where they live and he's been in their house just to have a peak around is terrifying. Plus they could play up on the fact Joker taking Alfred more or less crippled the family because he was the glue that could hold them all together. Dick and Jason have had their bad days with Brcue but not a single member of the family could hate Alfred and Joker kidnapping him,removing his hand or even killing him would be amazing to see the fallout of.

curiosity bump

JayJay?

No origins, eh? Does that mean we don't have to do lengthy character intros? If so:

>A Death in the Family
>The Killing Joke
>Under the Red Hood

Didn't DitF take place before TKJ since one of Joker's goons points out Batman's already pissed for the shit he did to Gordon or something?

>Dark Night dark city
>Mortal clay+mudpack
>City of crime+Identity crisis

The only thing I would change is Endgame as the finale. While I do enjoy the idea of Batman's final hurrah being a part Batman story with inclusion of Justice League characters. Almost say end it with a variation of Final Crisis with him actually dying at the end. Cue Dick Grayson/Jason Todd filling the mantle of Batman.

I want Hush, and think it would be great as a film, but I'm not sure how it would work. Do you make suspense by having the audience not know when it's Bruce or Thomas?

well first i'd start off with a scene of a boy and his parents walking down an dark alleyway.
>they are accosted by a scoundrel with a gun.
>then out of the shadows flies a batarang and knocks the gun out of the villains hand.
>a rope is lassoed around him and hes pulled up and swallowed by the night.
>roll opening credits

Sup Forums

are you kidding literally this entire fucking thread could be tv

this thread is on Sup Forums and that comment was from that thread

Everyone knows his fucking origin by now. So I think they could skip doing yet another one........same goes for Spiderman.

shiiiiieeeet my b
tv go

>Batman and Robin (title would most certainly change)
Batman, in his early twenties, after trying to stop Killer Croc's drug shipment, stumbles upon a kid (Dick Grayson) trying to steal the tires from the Batmobile. Bats turns him over to Gordon and he ends up at the Gotham orphanage. Finding his younger self in him, he finds out about the Flying Graysons and the tragedy, so he decides to, as Bruce Wayne, employ him at Wayne manor. Dick finds out his identity and saves Batman, also wanting to fight by his side. Batman, reluctant at first, accepts him, as long he stays in the shadows and becomes basically his on-field-Alfred, with some goon clean up duties. Together they fuck up Croc's plans and he ends up in Belle Reeve.

>Second film
Joker, an old Batman foes presumed for dead, comes back and finds out about Robin and goes after him. There would be that whole Death of the Family deal, witch would be a fake out, because Dick would survive, though incapacitated. Batman forbids him from being Robin, but by the end of the film Robin rises (i know) again and together kick Joker's ass.

>Third film
Batman and Robin, now not so much in the shadows following the events of the second film, operate as the dynamic duo as we know the, but Batman uses Robin's durability as a tool, pushing him more and more and trying to make a younger version of himself, due to similar backstory. Robin, however, never wen't through the same stuff like Bruce, thanks to him and Alfred, and the two of them begin to but heads, while trying to fight off Clayface. By the end of the film, Dick becomes Nightwing and Batman accepts him for who he is.

The villains aren't fleshed out, but fuck this, I'm not being paid for this shit.

The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
Hush

>without the origin story
It's so boring by this point. They often don't even put any spin to it. Just retelling/milking the same event to no end.

why did you give the tire stealing to dick? because he'll be the only ronbin in this film universe and you wanted an homage?

>Robin's durability as a tool, pushing him more and more and trying to make a younger version of himself,
>Robin's durability
So Batman isn't dancing around the fact that he's using Robin as a human meat shield.

This is the correct answer

Long Halloween doesn't make a good first movie since it's relatively low key and you need to pull the Normies in with recognizable villains. I'd say it's more suited to a second film.

Not true. Snyder made it very different by having Thomas take a swing at Chill, thereinby making him fire and causing the death of both himself, his wife and for all he knew potentially his son.

Not saying "hurr he should have just bent the fuck over and taken it", but in Snyders version, its not like Chill shoots them apropos of nothing.

I personally hate it because it takes out the more random aspect of their deaths

Under The Red Hood
Court of Owls (you can't have this without establishing Gotham first)
Endgame

>The Last Arkham/Arkham Asylum
>Court of Owls
>Endgame
Alternatively
>Whatever happened to the Caped Crusader?

Mask of the Phantasm
Under the Red Hood
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

it would be more of a drama with action splice in every now in and again, between him and his bat family. Each one would be a story about Joker ruining his life, and the last one would have someone else picking up the mantle as Bruce reaches old age.

Man who Laughs crossed with Death in the Family (for Jason to die)
Arkham Asylum a Serious House on Serious Earth (Because I'd love a proper surreal trippy Batman story and because I feel Batman should be really having a shit time of it after Jason dies, life doesn't get better straight away)
Under the Red Hood (Jason comes back, but its bittersweet. Even the good things that happen in Gotham are tainted)

>Mask of the Phantasm
>Under the Red Hood
These are basically the same damn story with minor differences. You'd want two back to back movies of someone from Bruce's past fuck with the criminal underworld and end with a final confrontation with the Joker while calling Bruce on his bullshit with the character.

The only real differences between Phantasm and Redhood is Batman stuck his dick in one of them.

No, casuals just no. You people seriously need to get some taste. Out of Batmans entire history you suggest mediocre ass stories.

It should be
Black Glove (patrician Court of Owls)
Then Knightfall done right
Then Prodigal/Batman and Robin hybrid except Bruce is just recovering the whole time and comes back at the end to defeat the Black Glove and hands the reins over to Dick permantely so Battfleck can bow out.

Okay then, how about I'd fuse them into the same movie, where two mysterious individuals are both trying to draw out the Joker and and the climax is a three way where everyone is trying to get him while Joker blows up the place and causes mayhem.

Actually in the B&R/Prodigal hybrid Bruce helps to take down Talia/Ras before handing the reins over to Dick.

>complains about mediocrity
>suggests Knightfall
The world doesn't need the shitstorm that was Azreal Batman

No Joker except a minor cameo. Its enough casuals. Its pretty stupid so many of the Batman movies have focused around one rogue when he has so many and plenty of them are much better.

Hugo, Ras, Bane or Riddler.

Knightfall wasn't Azbats you dumb fuck that was Knightquest. If you could read I said to skip Quest and jump straight to Prodigal and have Dick take over when Bruce gets fucked by Bane. Have you even read it? I highly doubt it.

Doesnt thomas swing at chill in the golden age origin?

>No Joker except a minor cameo
Leto's already a thing. Normies will bitch and moan if they get to watch Affleck punch out his fucking teeth.

No they won't. Joker shouldn't be in any movies except like I said in a minor role. TKJ is the only good story where he is front and center. Every other iconic Joker story has him in the background while Batman deals with other threats. Thats where he works best. Hes too weak of a villain to be the main one. He works much better as someone messing up and intruding on other's schemes like in the Long Halloween.

>The world doesn't need the shitstorm that was Azreal Batman

Az Bats was a commentary on the state of comic books at the time you moron. Did you really think you were supposed to like Az Bats? That was the writers making Batman a simulacrum of all the edgy "dark" characters being created with shit times like Bloodwynd or Stryfe. The entire point of the story was "fine, you want heroes to be like this? Heres Batman like this". Why do you think Batman comes back at the end and kicks the ever living fuck out of him? To symbolise that old stalwarts like Batman are eternal and infinitely better than the drek that were being created a dime a dozen at the time.

Do you even symbolism? Christ.

I really want a Batman movie with the Riddler as the main antagonist.

I honestly can't remember. Its been about a decade since I read the original origin.

Not me. The riddler is actually kind of lame imo. He's just egocentric and likes making puzzles. He's as joker as you can get without the jokes, which kind of makes him annoying.

Depends how you write him. Sure, Frank Gorshin's Ridder was more Joker than Joker was, but I just feel that if you had the Riddler playing a proper machiavellian role, and if his machinations are actually clever enough and well written enough I think it could absolutely work.

The dark knight returns
The dark knight strikes back
Master Race

Not to mention he tests Batman's detective skills like no other. Make him put people in Saw style traps Batman has to use his with to save them from. Have Riddler hire a mercenary like Firefly or KGBeast for a big fight scene.

Go to bed Frank, only a few more sleeps til your inevitable release from this mortal coil.