Why didn't the show explain that the chemicals that blinded him were radioactive?

Why didn't the show explain that the chemicals that blinded him were radioactive?

Finally watching this, great stuff but man it's so distracting whenever DAW is on screen, she is impossibly attractive. I'm just glad so far that whichever character she's talking to usually summarizes or concludes whatever she's saying or I'd be lost as to what her character's side of things is.

Less is more, user

The less you explain, the more flexible you can be with the plot, explaining everything takes away the mystery, the surprise, the intrigue,

It made him blind.

They want to do something with the chemicals plot wise later. Probably in Jessica Jones.

Is it wildly important that they do? The sentence "Matt Murdock got mysterious chemicals spilled on him, giving him magic ninja senses." would not be greatly improved by the word radioactive.

I was hoping that since everything is connected in the MCU, they'd connect it to something. Like;
616: They were just radioactive chemicals
MCU: It was an unstable version of the Captain America super juice and it gave him his radar sense

The fact that he's not merely a "blind guy with good senses" but a "blind guy with completely superhuman senses" is kind of an important part of the character.

He's not Zatoichi, he's Daredevil.

Which they made completely clear throughout the series. They've even shown what the world looks like to him through his "radar vision".

I don't get why you're so hung up on this "radioactive" thing.

If you can't figure that out through the show then you're the problem, not the show. It's pretty damn obvious.

It's because people that don't like comics think that kind of thing is silly and if will act like you're an idiot, a creep, or an asshole for watching things to be like the source material.

Because there's no reason to.

Ambiguous chemicals also pisses off fewer experts than something more specific.

Radioactivity isn't any more liable to grant superpowers than some random chemical, OP. The chemicals don't need to be radioactive and in the show i'm pretty sure they weren't. Radioactivity was just used for so many origins last century because it's full application and qualities weren't fully understood at the time.

>The fact that he's not merely a "blind guy with good senses" but a "blind guy with completely superhuman senses" is kind of an important part of the character.

it was weird. they kind of downplayed it at first and then made it completely supernatural later

Because sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't.

Read Man Without Fear for the definitive Daredevil Origin story.

No they didn't, it's just a slow paced show.

Agreed. The whole "World of Fire" shit is in like episode 5 or so. And they establish his powers being pretty awesome pretty quickly.

Probably because Defenders will go into IGH having to do with all their origins

Are most people still betting on the I in IHG standing for Inhuman?

Superpowers always come from something scary that the general public are aware of but isn't generally understood. In the sixties it was radiation, before that it was lightning and these days it's genetic engineering or nanotechnology. Radiation doesn't work know because people have a general understanding of it. At least chemicals are vague enough to be pretty much anything

what would DD do again an inhuman? or even Jessica Jones

Is it just me or does he naturally have a face you just want to punch?

Should've been methanol poisoning.

>Kingpin sells his dad some shit booze
>Matt decides to drink it and not tell his dad
>goes blind
>doesn't tell anyone initially because he thinks he will get in trouble
>after a couple of hours, his dad notices he's sick and takes him to the hospital
>swears revenge

Most "radioactive" stories were changed because they don't want kids looking for chemical ponds to swim in for super powers.

this,
plus daredevil's powers are pretty inconsistent. either he uses sound like bats as a sonar, or he has an electromagnetic pulse emitted by his brain like sharks and he senses the what interacts with it, or sometimes it's a combination of all his sense.

every writer takes liberties with this but the general idea is that he's blind but not really, so the show skipped all the nonsense and just gave us that and a small and rather poor explanation, but i don't need an entire episode dedicated to understanding the physiology behind matt's powers

Were they actually radioactive in the show?

Because they're embarrassed by their source material.

Too bad she spends the later half of season 1 and almost all of season 2 a bitchy, crying, unstable wreck.

not this time warner

They never clarified.

The truck was from Rand's company though.

It literally doesn't matter.

"Chemicals" is enough for people to get the idea.

This. Every other answer is wrong.

Capes are just larger than life manifestations of public consciousness and he zeitgeist of their era of creation.

Sure the same could be said of almost all popular fiction but capes are by nature larger than life.

Thats where so many creators are fucking up when they attempt to make the deity parallel between superheroes and gods.

Being super powerful isn't what makes you a mythological god. Its representing idealized or exaggerated versions of ideas and ourselves.

>people have a general understanding of radiation

lol, no.

He wasn't given powers by the chemicals.
Just unlocked them.

Stick has his powers and he never was splashed with no shit.
Stick implies that there many people around the world that can do what he does.

Nigga's a mutant, not a mutate.

Because Stick has the same thing. It didn't give him powers. Apparently, in the MCU, blindness is just an opportunity for super powers.

It was in Ultimate with EVERY superhuman or mutant are result of super-soldier serum.

And no, he see because Stick trained him, not because magic chemistry.

Nah, there's more to it than that. There's mysticism involved. It's unknown how the Stick found Kid Matt, but there was some higher force involved, not just random chance.

His hairline is becoming quite weak.

But he has a good face. He's not especially Hollywood handsome but he has a good face.

how come the truck had rand written on it but they didn't show it in the show

I'm not sure. On one hand, yeah, in the comics it was Mutant Growth Hormone, and Inhumans are basically the MCU's Mutants at this point, but Inhumans, and the term Inhuman is relatively new to the public. Seems weird the company responsible for Jessica's powers all those years ago would have it in their name.

Radiation is an old timey thing, where it did everything

Giant bugs? Radiation
Superpowers? Radiation
Muslim terrorists? Radicalization

People don't really use radiation as an explanation any more, because we all know it's total shit.

This, she's basically a cartoon come to life.

I really like all of the female characters and how they picked each with a different silhouette and posture. The males too, but it's more noticeable on the girls.