Penny Dreadful

I started watching the show on Netflix a while back, finally finished it two nights ago. I thought it was absolutely fantastic at times, but sometimes it was either a little preachy or a little slow. I also would have loved to see more of Mr.Hyde/Dr.Jekyll. Thoughts from you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKwhLVj7-Dw
variety.com/2016/tv/news/penny-dreadful-ending-season-3-series-finale-creator-interview-john-logan-david-nevins-1201798946/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it was an ok show. the witches dragged the story way too much and the ending was...alright.

i saw a lot of wasted potential throughout.

>i saw a lot of wasted potential throughout.
I thought the same. The show had decent production and cast but the shit writing waste all of that.

I agree, it seems like the first season was great, and then after halfway through the second, there was a steady downward spiral, the ending really could have been so much cooler

Miss Ives was literally poochie.

>the witches dragged the story way too much
unnecessary for the show it watered down the already good atmosphere

Was a much better League of Extraordinary Gentlemen than League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was.

I loved the show and was sad to hear that there wouldn't be any more seasons, but given how hard they were starting to push the feminist bullshit in the last season (the stronk independent immortal womyn with their stronk independent army of prostitutes, and the stronk independent adventuress lady who beats men at fencing and shooting xD yaas slay queen) it's probably for the best that it ended.

What about this gem

youtube.com/watch?v=GKwhLVj7-Dw

>bad writing

you're either meming or just stupid

It had to end. It's not reported a lot but the creator/writer had a terrible obsession with Eva Green. Seriously go watch any interview you can find of him.

He describes her as his muse. Said it pained him to put her through some of the things that Vanessa went through in the show. It's no mistake that literally every person in this show either wants to fuck Eva Green, kill her or both. It ended so abruptly because he had to stop himself from trying the same.

I didn't finish the third season because I didn't like how everyone was separated and didn't like the guy they got to play Dracula. Dr. Frankenstein was my favorite character.

Eva's flashback eps were the best eps. The show suffered from squandering good ideas. A lot of the melodrama was boring. There was also a lot of pandering to the Ann Rice crowd, which would've been fine if a lot of that stuff was entertaining, which it wasn't.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. At least the degenerate tranny got what was coming to it.

literally /ourguy/

I think you're reading too much into it.

just started yesterday

watched 4 episodes so far, it kinda feels like some gay vampire love shit. everyone is fucking and muh relationships

does it actually get better? i was kinda hoping for some kind of horror stuff

>variety.com/2016/tv/news/penny-dreadful-ending-season-3-series-finale-creator-interview-john-logan-david-nevins-1201798946/
>mfw this is true
>No doubt in my mind. Eva Green really is my muse, and I set out to write a story about a very complicated character that I love deeply. She represents so much of what I am, what I hope to be, what I fear I am. I’m deeply invested in that character. Then I met an artist, Eva Green, who inspired me more than any actor I’ve ever worked with before, and that became the show for me. To continue it past Vanessa’s death would be, for me, an act of bad faith.
>Some poems are meant to be haikus, some are meant to be sonnets and some are meant to be tone poems. And this was meant to be a sonnet. It just feels right to me. And I have to say it’s not just [working with Eva I’ll miss].

It had great atmosphere and Eva Green is my aunt

>does it actually get better?
Well...yes and no.

>you will never a Eva Green

I guess that explain why the show focus so much on her even though her character was boring af after s1.

It depends on how much you love Eva Green. And I do mean love.

I bailed halfway through S2. The melodrama just got too blah for me. Green's and Dalton's characters weren't as good as they were in the first season. They had no idea what to do with Dorian Gray. I liked the first season but overall was disappointed. Shame too, it had great ideas and aesthetics but the execution was bad.

Fucking hell that was cringey, hope he at least got to fuck her.

His gay.

I enjoyed Dorian realizing how he fucked up and just generally being annoyed by the 'tutes.

Dorian & Dracula are GOAT

Fuck James Bond and that retarded frankenstein.